Sophomore slump?

Klecko73isGod

I keep seeing this term applied to Mark Sanchez and usually with the word "likely" attached. What I don't understand is why.

Sanchez didn't exactly have a stellar rookie year. Granted, he finished strong and played well in the postseason but the kid threw 20 freaking interceptions in the regular season.

If he has a "sophomore slump," just how bad are his numbers going to look?

The three most recent prominent rookie QB starters are Ben Roethlisberger, Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco.

None of them really had what can be called a "sophomore slump."

Ryan had the closest to what could be called a slump with a completion percentage that dropped a whopping 2.8 percent while throwing all of 17 more passes his second year than his first. And while he threw three more picks his second season, he also threw six more TD passes. His biggest drop off came in yards per attempt, which dropped from 7.9 to 6.5 yards. Was that Ryan's fault or was that the result of fewer YAC yards from his receivers.

Roethlisberger's numbers from his first to second season were strikingly similar, his drop off was in completion percentage but he still completed better than 62% of his passes. He also threw two fewer INTs and won the Super Bowl in his second year. I'll take that kind of a slump any day of the week!

And then there is Flacco, who improved in almost every statistical category while throwing significantly more often (about 4.5 more pass attempts per game.) He threw more, completed a higher percentage of his passes for more yards and more TDs while throwing the same number of INTs he did during his rookie year.

So how "likely" is it than Sanchez has a "sophomore slump?"

Honestly Klecko, I think Sanchez has a great year and is on his way to super stardom. Injuries aside, this kid will be great. I was watching the championship game last night and this kid was cool as could be. Played great as we all know. I just think he has that "it" factor that you need to be a great qb. Hopefully injuries do not derail his career.

Honestly Klecko, I think Sanchez has a great year and is on his way to super stardom. Injuries aside, this kid will be great. I was watching the championship game last night and this kid was cool as could be. Played great as we all know. I just think he has that "it" factor that you need to a great qb. Hopefully injuries do not derail his career.

I'm with you. I think Sanchez is going to be more than just fine this season.

I just keep seeing people suggesting the "sophomore slump" thing as a given and I don't get it. The evidence doesn't back up the theory in the least.

Honestly Klecko, I think Sanchez has a great year and is on his way to super stardom. Injuries aside, this kid will be great. I was watching the championship game last night and this kid was cool as could be. Played great as we all know. I just think he has that "it" factor that you need to be a great qb. Hopefully injuries do not derail his career.

I agree 110%.

It is widely regarded by many that Flacco had a better rookie year than Sanchez.

Why?

Because his team went 11-5 that year and he threw 8 less interceptions than Sanchez did in his rookie year.

However, go back and watch the Indy-Jets Championship Game of '09, and then go back and watch the Steelers-Ravens Chmapionship Game of '08.

In fact, while you're at it, watch all the Jet playoff games of '09 and compare them against the Raven playoff games of '08 in terms of QB performance.

Then tell me who played better in the bigger spot and who you'd rather have guiding your team for the future.

It's not even close.

I like Flacco, but I think Sanchez will be better than him and Ryan when it's all said and done.

I think this happens because freshmen don't have a lot of film that first year and surprise opponents. Did Sanchez really produce enough throwing film for other teams to school him? I doubt it. Next year maybe, but by then he may have enough experience to adjust on the fly.

One thing Sanchez has in common with Flacco is a lack of experience coming into the NFL. Flacco came from a small school and Sanchez had very few starts. Hopefully gaining NFL experience will only help. With all of the extra weapons and more experience I'd hope he'd improve. OTOH, they didn't ask much from him last year, if they start leaning on him we may run into some trouble.

I just keep seeing people suggesting the "sophomore slump" thing as a given and I don't get it. The evidence doesn't back up the theory in the least.

Your right, there is no evidence. In Sanchez's case he started hot, got real cold, then finished hot. That shows me he is a winner. To pick yourself up off the deck and then to play better in the biggest of games tells me all I need to know about the kid.

One thing Sanchez has in common with Flacco is a lack of experience coming into the NFL. Flacco came from a small school and Sanchez had very few starts. Hopefully gaining NFL experience will only help. With all of the extra weapons and more experience I'd hope he'd improve. OTOH, they didn't ask much from him last year, if they start leaning on him we may run into some trouble.

Agree, Dom.

But one thing I will say is that while they didn't ask him to do alot last year, he did make plays in the playoffs when he had to which is a good sign of his ability to play well in the big spot.

The homerun to Edwards in the AFC Championship Game was a great throw and the TD pass to Keller in the same game when he got hammered as he released the ball were both great plays made under pressure.

Additionally, the long pass to Keller against Cincy when he scrambled and hit Keller crossing the field and the play against San Diego where he scrambled out and hit Keller in the corner of the end zone were also tremndous throws made on the run under pressure.

He didn't just hand the ball off... he made big plays in big spots when he was asked to.

I really like what I saw from Sanchez in the playoffs last year and the fact that he got 3 games of post-season experience in his rookie year is huge for his development.

i think stardom is coming, but not next year. i don't think he will have a slump though. i think the biggest improvement will be him throwing less int's.

It's hard to know what a sophomore slump would be for a rookie QB who threw 12 TDs and 20 INTs, and was sacked 26 times, all in the regular season. If you're saying the Jets make it to the playoffs and then Sanchez fizzles it away in the first round, throwing 5 picks or something, I guess I could call that a slump.

I liked the poise that Sanchez showed at a lot of points in the season, and definitely during the postseason, but he's still an inexperienced player at a very difficult position and he's got a lot of learning to do.

He's not going to have a superstar season in 2010 unless all of the stars align and the groundhog sees it's shadow and eats it, and we don't need him to have one to make it far. As jaded as I have become this offseason, I think we're still a year away from true contender status, and he's a big part of it. Maybe we ride a dominant defense all the way, with enough weapons around the rookie to pull it off, but I just don't consider the defense elite yet and certainly not good enough to drag a young QB who hasn't slowed the game down enough in his head to lead big-time playoff comebacks if we get in a jam.

Yes, we were a game away from the big dance last season, but the league knows about us and is fixating on us now. It's not going to be easy to squeak into the playoffs like it was in 2009.

Agree, Dom.

But one thing I will say is that while they didn't ask him to do alot last year, he did make plays in the playoffs when he had to which is a good sign of his ability to play well in the big spot.

The homerun to Edwards in the AFC Championship Game was a great throw and the TD pass to Keller in the same game when he got hammered as he released the ball were both great plays made under pressure.

Additionally, the long pass to Keller against Cincy when he scrambled and hit Keller crossing the field and the play against San Diego where he scrambled out and hit Keller in the corner of the end zone were also tremndous throws made on the run under pressure.

He didn't just hand the ball off... he made big plays in big spots when he was asked to.

I really like what I saw from Sanchez in the playoffs last year and the fact that he got 3 games of post-season experience in his rookie year is huge for his development.

Generally I agree.

OTOH, I don't think he particularly stepped up his game in the playoffs. I think the running game stepped up. He made some nice throws against the Colts, but only put up 17 points and 7 came primarily from Smith's pass to Cotchery. They did nothing in the 2nd half. Worse, his best game may have been week 1 against the Texans.

It's hard to know what a sophomore slump would be for a rookie QB who threw 12 TDs and 20 INTs, and was sacked 26 times, all in the regular season. If you're saying the Jets make it to the playoffs and then Sanchez fizzles it away in the first round, throwing 5 picks or something, I guess I could call that a slump.

I liked the poise that Sanchez showed at a lot of points in the season, and definitely during the postseason, but he's still an inexperienced player at a very difficult position and he's got a lot of learning to do.

He's not going to have a superstar season in 2010 unless all of the stars align and the groundhog sees it's shadow and eats it, and we don't need him to have one to make it far. As jaded as I have become this offseason, I think we're still a year away from true contender status, and he's a big part of it. Maybe we ride a dominant defense all the way, with enough weapons around the rookie to pull it off, but I just don't consider the defense elite yet and certainly not good enough to drag a young QB who hasn't slowed the game down enough in his head to lead big-time playoff comebacks if we get in a jam.

Yes, we were a game away from the big dance last season, but the league knows about us and is fixating on us now. It's not going to be easy to squeak into the playoffs like it was in 2009.

I agree about Sanchez, but that last bit is a pet peeve of mine. It goes right up there with giving the Pats bulletin board material. **** 'em. These teams are professionals, if they aren't all going all out 100% EVERY game, the coachs should be fired and the players cut. You can't sneak up on people in the NFL. Besides, the Jets don't win like that anyway. They win by dominating the LOS and punching everybody in the mouth.

Sanchez had his sophmore slump last year. I could argue that he got 2-3 years worth of experience last year.

Had that quick start, people crowned him the greatest thing ever. World came crashing down and fast, throw by color system - not ready for the NFL/he's the only thing holding the team back. Understanding his role, finding comfort, leading team deep into playoffs.

It sucked when he was throwing more INTs than a drunk Joe Willie, but in retrospect I wouldn't have wanted his rookie year to go any other way.

He got a taste of awesome and what being a star in the NFL could be, got away from it and realized how hard it could be especially in NY. He knew what he was missing out on, and knew he had to make changes to get back.

I'll choose to believe this until proven otherwise.

Thanks for adding absolutely nothing to the discussion Draft Daddy. :rolleyes:

read between the lines

we all have theories why Mark won't have a soph slump

and these theories aint worth poop. we are in denial.

He's coming off a knee surgery, that alone is reason for any1 to slump.

rookie year for these guys is tremendously long... they dont get an offseason to rest, they go straight from the bowl game to combine training to the draft to mini camps to preseason, through the season, through the playoffs... whew... it's a whirlwind and exhausting. The result is a slump the next year. They are like a starting pitcher who just pitched on 3 days rest.

We can imagine reasons why he won't slump but the unfortunate truth is almost every 2nd year player (who actually contributed as a rookie) goes through a slump.

read between the lines

rookie year for these guys is tremendously long... they dont get an offseason to rest, they go straight from the bowl game to combine training to the draft to mini camps to preseason, through the season, through the playoffs... whew... it's a whirlwind and exhausting. The result is a slump the next year. They are like a starting pitcher who just pitched on 3 days rest.

We can imagine reasons why he won't slump but the unfortunate truth is almost every 2nd year player (who actually contributed as a rookie) goes through a slump.

How does a player who threw 12 TDs against 20 INTs have a slump? How bad will his numbers be?

You've attempted to make a logical case but the actual results of the few rookie QBs who've started their first two years completely kills your premise.

Lets look at Jets rookies who contributed in recent years: Mangold and Ferguson both improved from their rookie to their second year. The results were worse because of the complete stiff who played in between them. Revis was more than solid his rookie year and outstanding his second.

The only Jets rookie who contributed heavily as a rookie and then had a worse second season in the last five years that I can think of is Harris - and he got injured.

Sorry, but league wide. Most guys who start as rookies usually do just as well or improve their second year. It really ain't the opposite.

The sophomore slump is a myth.

How does a player who threw 12 TDs against 20 INTs have a slump? How bad will his numbers be?

You've attempted to make a logical case but the actual results of the few rookie QBs who've started their first two years completely kills your premise.

Lets look at Jets rookies who contributed in recent years: Mangold and Ferguson both improved from their rookie to their second year. The results were worse because of the complete stiff who played in between them. Revis was more than solid his rookie year and outstanding his second.

The only Jets rookie who contributed heavily as a rookie and then had a worse second season in the last five years that I can think of is Harris - and he got injured.

Sorry, but league wide. Most guys who start as rookies usually do just as well or improve their second year. It really ain't the opposite.

I don't see how year-to-year improvements shown by a center, a tackle, and a linebacker serve as the prototypical career arc for a QB with 16 collegiate starts and a bum knee.

I don't see how year-to-year improvements shown by a center, a tackle, and a linebacker serve as the prototypical career arc for a QB with 16 collegiate starts and a bum knee.

:face:

I was using examples, unlike bitonti who is trying to promote a false premise without backing it up.

so lets read that post again...

Harris didn't slump cause he got injured (Mark got injured too). Mangold and Brick didn't slump because it was Adrien Clarke's fault. Matt Ryan had a lower completion percentage and rating his 2nd year... but he was an exception.

listen we hope guys get better every year. Im not saying it's 100% gonna happen but it is a real concern and I don't know if we can explain it away. the knee surgery to the starting QB should be a real concern.

so lets read that post again...

Harris didn't slump cause he got injured (Mark got injured too). Mangold and Brick didn't slump because it was Adrien Clarke's fault. Matt Ryan had a lower completion percentage and rating his 2nd year... but he was an exception.

listen we hope guys get better every year. Im not saying it's 100% gonna happen but it is a real concern and I don't know if we can explain it away. the knee surgery to the starting QB should be a real concern.

Harris got injured DURING his second year. Last time I checked, Sanchez's second season hadn't started yet and he should be 100% by training camp.

Anyone who knows what they are watching could see that Brick and Mangold had improved. Are you suggesting the Clarke wasn't the problem? Funny how replacing him with someone competent improved our line play so dramatically. :rolleyes:

Ryan didn't slump IMO. His completion percentage was off within the margin of error. It's not like it drop by 10 percent.

I agree about Sanchez, but that last bit is a pet peeve of mine. It goes right up there with giving the Pats bulletin board material. **** 'em. These teams are professionals, if they aren't all going all out 100% EVERY game, the coachs should be fired and the players cut. You can't sneak up on people in the NFL. Besides, the Jets don't win like that anyway. They win by dominating the LOS and punching everybody in the mouth.

I don't mean to say that teams will be playing harder against the Jets. I mean to say that the Jets, in 2008, were running a mainly man-blocking running game, and had wild success on the ground in 2009 once they switched to an overall zone scheme. And you CAN sneak up on teams in the NFL, as much as you don't want to believe it. Teams generally (aside from our division rivals), during a season, had 1 week to prepare for what the Jets were doing in 2009. Now they have an entire offseason to study an entire season of game film.

During 2009, the Jets had a brand new defense tailored to their D personnel, and it surprised the hell out of a lot of teams. Opposing teams will now have tape on the D's tendencies for personnel packages, and things won't be as easy as they were, especially since we are still deficient in the pass rushing category without sending exotic blitz packages. The Colts and Chargers had already started picking up our blitzes in the postseason. Yes, it won't be as much of a disadvantage now that our secondary is stronger, but let's not fool ourselves - Jason Taylor is old and Kris Jenkins is coming off of another ACL. Our defensive trench isn't all-pro.

The Jets didn't dominate the LOS on defense as much as you want to believe, otherwise we wouldn't have given up an average of about 100 YPG on the ground per game. And the pass rush was certainly not won in the trenches - it was won with smoke and mirrors. Masterful coaching, but it was not because we have amazing talent in rushing the passer.

I don't think the Jets as a whole are going to have a Sophomore Slump under Rex, but they aren't the new kids on the block anymore, and teams will be working overtime for a blueprint to shut down our strengths.

read between the lines

His knee surgery was to fix his knee cap from college, if he didn't do it he's be more likely to injure it again. It's not like he had a Wes Welker incident.

read between the lines

I agree that he may slump, but it seems like faulty logic to claim he will slump because he finally got a break after going non-stop from the start of the college season until the end of the playoffs. I would think a little rest would help. The knee surgery on the other hand...

I don't mean to say that teams will be playing harder against the Jets. I mean to say that the Jets, in 2008, were running a mainly man-blocking running game, and had wild success on the ground in 2009 once they switched to an overall zone scheme. And you CAN sneak up on teams in the NFL, as much as you don't want to believe it. Teams generally (aside from our division rivals), during a season, had 1 week to prepare for what the Jets were doing in 2009. Now they have an entire offseason to study an entire season of game film.

During 2009, the Jets had a brand new defense tailored to their D personnel, and it surprised the hell out of a lot of teams. Opposing teams will now have tape on the D's tendencies for personnel packages, and things won't be as easy as they were, especially since we are still deficient in the pass rushing category without sending exotic blitz packages. The Colts and Chargers had already started picking up our blitzes in the postseason. Yes, it won't be as much of a disadvantage now that our secondary is stronger, but let's not fool ourselves - Jason Taylor is old and Kris Jenkins is coming off of another ACL. Our defensive trench isn't all-pro.

The Jets didn't dominate the LOS on defense as much as you want to believe, otherwise we wouldn't have given up an average of about 100 YPG on the ground per game. And the pass rush was certainly not won in the trenches - it was won with smoke and mirrors. Masterful coaching, but it was not because we have amazing talent in rushing the passer.

I don't think the Jets as a whole are going to have a Sophomore Slump under Rex, but they aren't the new kids on the block anymore, and teams will be working overtime for a blueprint to shut down our strengths.

Yeah, I kind of felt cheap to single out your post, but I just don't like that saying. The Jets D is more than smoke and mirrors, it's the same D that's been leading the league and it didn't get any worse. The Jets D wasn't dominating in the trenches because they were only #8 in overall yards rushing and #4 overall in ypc against? I don't agree. They don't have a pass rush because that's not the system. The Ravens didn't get as many sacks under Rex as Mangini got here. We can argue the small print, but my main point is that the game is one on the field and I'm not worried about being the favorite or underdog or if the other team has some quotes up in the lockers.

Yeah, I kind of felt cheap to single out your post, but I just don't like that saying. The Jets D is more than smoke and mirrors, it's the same D that's been leading the league and it didn't get any worse. The Jets D wasn't dominating in the trenches because they were only #8 in overall yards rushing and #4 overall in ypc against? I don't agree. They don't have a pass rush because that's not the system. The Ravens didn't get as many sacks under Rex as Mangini got here. We can argue the small print, but my main point is that the game is one on the field and I'm not worried about being the favorite or underdog or if the other team has some quotes up in the lockers.

Of course it is more than smoke and mirrors, but allow me some hyperbole as I allow some to you. And no, the Jets D stopped dominating in the trenches the moment Kris Jenkins' ACL popped. 8th in the league is nice - not dominant.

Not the system? Come on, man. The system under Rex Ryan is dictated by the existing personnel. Mangini is gone. You think that if Rex had Terrell Suggs here he'd send 5+ on more than half the defensive downs? The reason they brought Jason Taylor in was to close out games with a zone scheme and a 4 man rush - something that they failed to produce in 2009 at the end of games because they lacked a natural edge rusher, and it cost them.

I am also not worried about the underdog or the favorite or any of that crap. I'm more confident with Rex calling the shots than I have since Parcells left the sideline.

But that doesn't mean I'm going to pretend that there aren't concerns for the team, because there are.

c'mon people this is the jets we're talking about

they got lucky last year, and this year we will all see their true colors with all the thugs they signed in a deal with the devil to sell PSL's, and the loud mouth coach and the QB in a sophmore slump

:rolleyes:

Of course it is more than smoke and mirrors, but allow me some hyperbole as I allow some to you. And no, the Jets D stopped dominating in the trenches the moment Kris Jenkins' ACL popped. 8th in the league is nice - not dominant.

Not the system? Come on, man. The system under Rex Ryan is dictated by the existing personnel. Mangini is gone. You think that if Rex had Terrell Suggs here he'd send 5+ on more than half the defensive downs? The reason they brought Jason Taylor in was to close out games with a zone scheme and a 4 man rush - something that they failed to produce in 2009 at the end of games because they lacked a natural edge rusher, and it cost them.

I am also not worried about the underdog or the favorite or any of that crap. I'm more confident with Rex calling the shots than I have since Parcells left the sideline.

But that doesn't mean I'm going to pretend that there aren't concerns for the team, because there are.

We're pretty much in the same boat. Certainly as to the thread topic, but it's the defense we'll argue about. I didn't say they were 8th in the league in run D, I said 4th in ypc. Teams had to run because they couldn't pass. Your argument should be the TDs, not the yardage. ;)

2008 Ravens had 34 sacks, the Jets had 41.

2007 Jets had a pitiful 29 sacks, the Ravens had 31.

Rex hasn't had a big sack year since 2006 and Terrell Suggs was there the whole time and didn't miss a game. #1 in pass D is #1 in pass D, sacks are a tool, not the goal.

Maybe if Rex had a CB like Revis in Baltimore he'd have sent more blitzes.

Besides, whether the D is dominant isn't really my point. My point is, that is how the Jets win. They punch teams in the mouth. Whether it's the front 3, Harris, Pace or Scott. They don't win all the games, but when they win, that's usually how it's done. Not wuite the same as the sneaky 2006 Jets.

Everything you have said is true, and of course there are concerns. Sanchez is one of them. Maybe the biggest.

The fact that we caught NFL teams off guard is only partially true. Yes I agree, the first 3 games the Jets caught teams off guard. Unfortunately NFL teams are pretty smart, and they figured the Jets scheme out very quickly. It doesn

Ryan had the closest to what could be called a slump with a completion percentage that dropped a whopping 2.8 percent while throwing all of 17 more passes his second year than his first. And while he threw three more picks his second season, he also threw six more TD passes. His biggest drop off came in yards per attempt, which dropped from 7.9 to 6.5 yards. Was that Ryan's fault or was that the result of fewer YAC yards from his receivers.

That drop off in ypa is huge. It's the most important stat for a qb, IMHO. It's the one that tells you how productive the player is on the field. To drop 1.4 yards is a huge drop. I didn't watch the Falcons much last year, but statistically, the lower completion percentage is part of the problem.

With all of the extra weapons and more experience I'd hope he'd improve. OTOH, they didn't ask much from him last year, if they start leaning on him we may run into some trouble.

I think the opposite might be true. My feeling was that the Jets only allowed Sanchez to throw the ball on obvious passing situations. There weren't enough throws on first and second down to let him get into a rhythm. I think he'll be much better off if he throws more.

People complain about the picks, but my biggest issue with Sanchez would be comp %. His was only 53.8% last year, and that's poor by NFL standards. Yet, despite that, he put up an impressive 6.7 ypa. By comparison, Matt Ryan had a 6.5 ypa on 58.3% passing. If Sanchez can complete more passes -get himself into the 60% range- his int's will go down and his ypa could get into the high 7's or low 8's, which is championship QB stuff.

The Jets have given him more than he could ask for as far as weapons go. He'll have a genuine pass catcher available as a third down back, he's got two #1 caliber WR's in addition to Jerricho Cotchery. It's up to him to make it work.

i would guess the people suggesting this are also hoping for it as well..

because if the kid doesn't have a "sophomore slump" the jets are as serious a SB contender as our fan base believes..

sanchez is gonna be a star & it already started in last seasons playoffs..

I agree with slats. The organization has done everything in its power to PREVENT Sanchez from year 2 struggles. Perhaps he's gotten some of his poor play out of his system, such as in the 5-INT performance against Buffalo? Remains to be seen.

But every advantage is there for Sanchez now. We replaced Faneca, a poor pass blocker, with Ducasse/Slauson, who under Callahan's mentoring should do far better in that department. We have very capable receivers, a blanket-type TE and even a couple of guys out of the backfield who can catch passes. Not to mention, we still have every intent of running the ball early and often with a good stable of backs and great run-blocking OL.

I don't see any reason to believe Sanchez won't IMPROVE on his rookie campaign rather than regress.

I agree with slats. The organization has done everything in its power to PREVENT Sanchez from year 2 struggles. Perhaps he's gotten some of his poor play out of his system, such as in the 5-INT performance against Buffalo? Remains to be seen.

But every advantage is there for Sanchez now. We replaced Faneca, a poor pass blocker, with Ducasse/Slauson, who under Callahan's mentoring should do far better in that department. We have very capable receivers, a blanket-type TE and even a couple of guys out of the backfield who can catch passes. Not to mention, we still have every intent of running the ball early and often with a good stable of backs and great run-blocking OL.

I don't see any reason to believe Sanchez won't IMPROVE on his rookie campaign rather than regress.

Thats the thing, its hard to imagine you could get worse.

However, all the reason that Slats pointed out, gives me a little scare for it. I think they obviously are committing to throwing the ball more, so just that alone could make for a Sophmore slump, especially coming off an injury.

I hate to say it, but it could get worse...more INT's, less TD's, but also even further. He might not react well to be asked to more, 3rd down completions, forcing the issue, etc. I could see it happening just by the sheer fact he might try to take more risks with the addition of Holmes and LT out of the back field.

Nah, I'm just playing Devils Advocate. I think he'll get better. He's an accurate QB and now that he has guys that can get open and safety belt out of the backfield, he'll improve. We always have the running game if he struggles.

everything in life is 50/50 either he will slump or he won't.

yes the QB is maturing at a fast rate and is an excellent leader. he shouldn't have played as well as he did, apparently with that bad knee, in playoff situations.

it will be interesting when/if he gets holmes, edwards and cotch all on the field on the same time. with keller and LT catching screens. on paper they are amazing.

earlier post was in reply to those who seem to want to get carried away and have visions of 15-1 and a first round bye in their head. they need several players, Sanchez included to step up for that to happen, but we all act like it's a given.

I dont pretend to know if Sanchez will slump or not... but we the fanbase seem a little amped up it's not like Sanchez can be considered a Brees, Brady, manning "sure thing" ... can he?

Archived