Scouts Inc: Sanchez or Henne?

rick34125

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

who gives a sh*t about who is th eperceived 2nd best quarterback in the afc east? all i care about is the team winning games. if sanchez has no 300 yard games and we win the division because our defense was stellar then i'll be perfectly happy with that. this is a dumb conversation, imo. both guys are young and nobody knows which is better yet.

agree,,apples/oranges..

henne had a extra year on college field and a year watching on bench..

stupid article..

Weren't you telling me for months that a guy doesn't learn a single, blessed thing holding a clipboard? lol.

In all seriousness, Henne was a better QB for most of last year. That doesn't mean he's going to be better going forward by any stretch. Holding a clipboard for a full season isn't worthless and that (combined with playing his senior season, as it's been noted) was enough of a head start that it's a foolish to compare the two today.

The closer we get to the season i'm thinking more and more that were gonna kick your ass and probly finish 10-6 or 11-5 and you guys are gonna fall flat on your faces and end up 9-7 and not making the playoffs.

We fell flat on our faces at 9-7 last year and ended up one half away from the Superbowl. I wrote us off after the horrible loss to the Falcons. I was washing my truck listening on the radio and kicked a bucket across the driveway.

The thing is WE WON when it mattered most, YOU did NOT.

I hope you do feel good about your team next year, it's what makes this board fun. But please understand we feel pretty good about our chances as well.

QB rating is doodoo. He got worse...he started turning the ball over a lot more. In the last 3 games when you guys had a chance at the playoffs, he choked along with your defense. 3 straight losses to end the season. He threw 5 picks during that time frame.

Sanchez got better, Henne got worse.

And still, Henne had the better year...but if I had to take one player to start my franchise, I'd take Sanchez...you probably would too just wont admit it.

BOOM!!!! That's it right their. You can throw up all the silly facts and comparisons. Henne played some good regular season games but folded like a lawn chair when I sit on it during crunch time to put his team into the playoffs. Sanchez had a sometimes great, sometimes horrible regular season,, BUT..

He proved that he is a CLUTCH QB. Thats more important than anything Henne has done.

Sanchez beat two very good teams in the playoff and lost to the second best team in the NFL in the AFC Championship. He's clutch, Henne is not. Clutch matters.

Let's see, how can I put this?

You're both wrong.

Yeah, that sums it up.

Weren't you telling me for months that a guy doesn't learn a single, blessed thing holding a clipboard? lol.

In all seriousness, Henne was a better QB for most of last year. That doesn't mean he's going to be better going forward by any stretch. Holding a clipboard for a full season isn't worthless and that (combined with playing his senior season, as it's been noted) was enough of a head start that it's a foolish to compare the two today.

yup..still think that way,,but it makes the scenario different is my point..

plus the extra year of college was huge

We fell flat on our faces at 9-7 last year and ended up one half away from the Superbowl. I wrote us off after the horrible loss to the Falcons. I was washing my truck listening on the radio and kicked a bucket across the driveway.

The thing is WE WON when it mattered most, YOU did NOT.

I hope you do feel good about your team next year, it's what makes this board fun. But please understand we feel pretty good about our chances as well.

Are you on the team?

yup..still think that way,,but it makes the scenario different is my point..

plus the extra year of college was huge

I'm just saying you used his year of clipboard holding as a good part of your rationale as to why Sanchez was not as good as Henne. So you clearly don't totally believe it.

Doesn't matter at this point. I mean for a while it really looked like he was potentially getting damaged like Carr (or even Clemens) with his happy feet and general discomfort standing in the pocket. Sanchez survived the year and finished on a high note I'd say. So he should be able to build on last year pretty nicely.

I'm just saying you used his year of clipboard holding as a good part of your rationale as to why Sanchez was not as good as Henne. So you clearly don't totally believe it.

Doesn't matter at this point. I mean for a while it really looked like he was potentially getting damaged like Carr (or even Clemens) with his happy feet and general discomfort standing in the pocket. Sanchez survived the year and finished on a high note I'd say. So he should be able to build on last year pretty nicely.

i do 100% believe it..totally..

i was just saying, good or bad, it wasnt a equal comparison since extra year of college vs extra year of practice with his team..sanchez had to be viewed at end of year to be somewhat fair as he matured..

the only thing holdin clipboard does is let u learn system better,,but when the fire is on , is when u really know if a guy performs,,so i pick fire vs learning system,,

hey, i am happy, i was right,,we went to afc champ game with my strategy :D

thank god he wasnt holdin a clipboard.. haha

i agree with peyton manning,,holding clipboard useless,,

i do 100% believe it..totally..

i was just saying, good or bad, it wasnt a equal comparison since extra year of college vs extra year of practice with his team..sanchez had to be viewed at end of year to be somewhat fair as he matured..

the only thing holdin clipboard does is let u learn system better,,but when the fire is on , is when u really know if a guy performs,,so i pick fire vs learning system,,

hey, i am happy, i was right,,we went to afc champ game with my strategy :D

thank god he wasnt holdin a clipboard.. haha

i agree with peyton manning,,holding clipboard useless,,

Explain your rationale that it was advantageous for Henne to be on the sideline for a year and then in the next breath say it had no value. I'm sure it had no value to Philip Rivers either. He clearly would have been exactly as good his first season if he jumped right in as a rookie. C'mon, man.

And Henne blows.

Explain your rationale that it was advantageous for Henne to be on the sideline for a year and then in the next breath say it had no value. I'm sure it had no value to Philip Rivers either. He clearly would have been exactly as good his first season if he jumped right in as a rookie. C'mon, man.

And Henne blows.

no rational,,just saying it wasnt apples to oranges comparison.

mainly trying to bust a fish fans balls..:D

at end of year, i think sanchez was better, showing that the extra clipboard year really didnt help in long run (maybe in first few games henne was a little more comfortable)..thats my opinion, might be wrong ..

i think if we waited gto start sanchez later in season we wouldnt have had that matured playoff run..

And Henne blows.

nm

The closer we get to the season i'm thinking more and more that were gonna kick your ass and probly finish 10-6 or 11-5 and you guys are gonna fall flat on your faces and end up 9-7 and not making the playoffs.

I can't wait, in fact, I think I will start next week with a list of excuses we can expect from the phag fans after week #3...

Sanchez

Henne

Give those an honest review and get back to me.

I don't have to. Your comparing a QB straight out of his JUNIOR year of college to a second year pro. Right? Let's compare Sanchez this year to Henne last year. Since he probably won;t beat Pennington out in training camp anyways.

We will be celebrating our second shot in two years in the AFC champiomship game and you guys will be celebrating Pennington's third come back player of the year award.

Henne and Sanchez are both young promising QB's with Henne slightly ahead of Sanchez in maturation.

But, Sanchez has PROVED he can play in the big game. Henne has not.

Just like your fake AFC title ayear back. Any team can get lucky when the cards fall right. The proof is in the playoffs. you guys got humilated and proved you should not be their.

For argument let's say we where LET into the playoffs by the Colts and Bengals. People like to say that let's say thas.

what happen? We beat two of the best teams in the league and lost to Peyton Manning.

Nothing matters until the playtoffs , nothing

Sanches = 2-1 in the playoffs

Henne= 0-0

Take a look at that and get back to me.

Its clear Henne had the better season and is farther ahead than Sanchez at this point. I think Sanchez will improve and become a good QB...just not as good as Henne. :D

I agree Henne had a better regular season. Prognosticating their futures and comparing them now is nothing but opinion. Im glad your hopeful.

I agree Henne had a better regular season. Prognosticating their futures and comparing them now is nothing but opinion. Im glad your hopeful.

I agree that Sanchez improved greatly towards the end of the the regulr season and played efficient int he playoffs. Please make no mistake Shonn Grenne and the running game and defense is what got you 2 playoff victories.

I agree that Sanchez improved greatly towards the end of the the regulr season and played efficient int he playoffs. Please make no mistake Shonn Grenne and the running game and defense is what got you 2 playoff victories.

sort of like Kiick and Csonka, right?

I don't have to. Your comparing a QB straight out of his JUNIOR year of college to a second year pro. Right? Let's compare Sanchez this year to Henne last year. Since he probably won;t beat Pennington out in training camp anyways.

We will be celebrating our second shot in two years in the AFC champiomship game and you guys will be celebrating Pennington's third come back player of the year award.

Henne and Sanchez are both young promising QB's with Henne slightly ahead of Sanchez in maturation.

But, Sanchez has PROVED he can play in the big game. Henne has not.

Just like your fake AFC title ayear back. Any team can get lucky when the cards fall right. The proof is in the playoffs. you guys got humilated and proved you should not be their.

For argument let's say we where LET into the playoffs by the Colts and Bengals. People like to say that let's say thas.

what happen? We beat two of the best teams in the league and lost to Peyton Manning.

Henne= 0-0

Take a look at that and get back to me.

I'll take fries with my strawman argument, please.

In fact, hold the fries and the tired argument. Why is it, when Jets fans are confronted with stats proving Henne out performed Sanchez that they all fall back on the "well, Henne has another year under his belt" BS? It's stupid. If you want to caompare the 2 QB's, compare them, just don't discount the stats when your argument falls flat.

Henne= 0-0

Take a look at that and get back to me

Ok, let's look at Sancheeses stats for the playoffs.

Bengals: 182 yards passing

Chargers: 100 yards passing

Colts (with starters): 257 yards passing.

And a total of 41 pass completions for 3 games. Sanchez did NOT win any games in the post season, he just didn't **** it up.

Notice how when the Jets put the ball in Sanchez's hand to win the game, they lost. In fact, Sanchez only threw for 200 yards or more 4 times in 09' and lost 3 of those games. When he is given the opportunity to lead, he fails.

Without a top running game, defense and O-line Sanchez will suck, and I'm pretty sure the Jets and their fans realize this.

I can't disagree in spirit, but answer me this.

Why is it hard to run on teams when Chad P is your QB? Cause nobody is afraid of him. No matter how you want to take credit away from Mark, he was at least good enough in the playoffs to keep them from sticking their entire defense within 6 inches of the goal line. Apparently thats all we needed.

The kid may the plays in the playoffs when he had to, he was CLUTCH, not dominant, not taking the team on his shoulders to win. Give him time. He's a young Rookie.

Your can teach all the stuff he;s lacking, know what you can;t teach? Being clutch, he has it, Henne folds. sorry

I'll take fries with my strawman argument, please.

In fact, hold the fries and the tired argument. Why is it, when Jets fans are confronted with stats proving Henne out performed Sanchez that they all fall back on the "well, Henne has another year under his belt" BS? It's stupid. If you want to caompare the 2 QB's, compare them, just don't discount the stats when your argument falls flat.

Ok, let's look at Sancheeses stats for the playoffs.

Bengals: 182 yards passing

Chargers: 100 yards passing

Colts (with starters): 257 yards passing.

And a total of 41 pass completions for 3 games. Sanchez did NOT win any games in the post season, he just didn't **** it up.

Notice how when the Jets put the ball in Sanchez's hand to win the game, they lost. In fact, Sanchez only threw for 200 yards or more 4 times in 09' and lost 3 of those games. When he is given the opportunity to lead, he fails.

Without a top running game, defense and O-line Sanchez will suck, and I'm pretty sure the Jets and their fans realize this.

i understand Bro. You prefer a QB that has great stats. I prefer a QB that will win the big game. No reason we can;t be friends. Oh yeah **** you, ain;t getting none of my fries.

i understand Bro. You prefer a QB that has great stats. I prefer a QB that will win the big game. No reason we can;t be friends. Oh yeah **** you, ain;t getting none of my fries.

That's the thing.

SANCHEZ NEVER WON A BIG GAME. The defense and running game did.

He's merely a game manager with few intangibles.

That's the thing.

Let's see. He didn;t win a big game he won two.

A junior out of college bypasses his last year and come into the NFL to game manage his team to within a half of football to te Superbowl? Sounds ok to me.

Chad had some great defenses and a league leading rusher and couldn;t do anything in the playoffs because defenses stuck everyone and their moms an inch off the line of scrimmage.

Hene choked and yet to make the post season.

Dilfer never won a superbowl either right. Yet he has a ring that looks like he did. Marino was an awesome QB and wears isotoners to hide the fact he aint got a ring.

In Henne's so called collapse or lack of being clutch your referring to the last 3 games, games in which our Defense put us in 14 to 21 point defecits int he 1st 2 quarters...kind of a lot asking him to get you back into the game.

In Henne's so called collapse or lack of being clutch your referring to the last 3 games, games in which our Defense put us in 14 to 21 point defecits int he 1st 2 quarters...kind of a lot asking him to get you back into the game.

Defense wins championships bro. Something we can agree on.

Nobody wants make comparisons because Henne has 1 more year under his belt. That doesn't take away from the fact tht he is the 2nd best QB in the AFC EAST right now.

I'm just shocked, that you of all people would hold such an opinion.

Let's see, how can I put this?

You're both wrong.

Yeah, that sums it up.

Well thats funny. I'm pretty sure its part of NFL history now. Dolphags choked the last 3 games of the season. Henne played like doodoo. Sanchez was 4-1 in must win games and played well toward the end of the year.

There is no argument.

That's the thing.

Oh the ever so popular it had nothing to do with the QB argument. Love this one. Its typically thrown out their when one feels defeated.

Archived