Scouts Inc: Sanchez or Henne?

rick34125

Well thats funny. I'm pretty sure its part of NFL history now. Dolphags choked the last 3 games of the season. Henne played like doodoo. Sanchez was 4-1 in must win games and played well toward the end of the year.

There is no argument.

Oh the ever so popular it had nothing to do with the QB argument. Love this one. Its typically thrown out their when one feels defeated.

Yeah, had nothing to do with the QB. All he did was throw TD passes. :rolleyes:

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, had nothing to do with the QB. All he did was throw TD passes. :rolleyes:

Yep...those TD's to Keller where bogus...he didnt actually make the throws himself. Chad Henne took over his soul and made those throws for him.

Yep...those TD's to Keller where bogus...he didnt actually make the throws himself. Chad Henne took over his soul and made those throws for him.

Are you sure it was the spirit of Pennington?

Oh yeah they went furhter than 10 feet in under 1 minute.

I actually talked to a Dolphins fan at work the other day who believes the Dolphins should name Pennington the starting QB now that he is coming back from injury. Doesn't like Henne at all and said he thinks Sanchez will be the next Brady. I agreed with him and preceeded to sell him a pair of shoes. Good times.

Tell that person they have failed at life. Then punch them in the balls.

Chad really didnt have that much better of a season. They both had the same amount of TD's, just Mark as a rookie threw 6 more INT's. Its not like 12 and 14 is amazing for Henne. Though I'd probably take Henne's year over Sanchez. Though Sanchez really threw his picks in bunches.

Whats most important to look at is, Sanchez got better, Henne got worse.

You're looking at the outcome of games, and not Henne's performance. He actually played better towards the end of the season. The Dolphins defense **** the bed at the end of the year. Save for the Buffalo game, Henne was playing well at the end of the year.

He's [sanchez's] merely a game manager with few intangibles.

That's okay, I'll take a QB who can come out of college early and game manage a team to league championship his first year.

Hell, most teams won't even let their prize QB prospect play their first year. Even if they have a piece of dreck for a starting QB. Then when Pennington became available, they fell over themselves dropping the dreck and grabbing Chad P and making him the starter. They clearly didn't even consider putting Henne in there his first year.

You're looking at the outcome of games, and not Henne's performance. He actually played better towards the end of the season. The Dolphins defense **** the bed at the end of the year. Save for the Buffalo game, Henne was playing well at the end of the year.

First off, doesnt everyone always say QB's are judged by 1 thing, win vs. loses?

He lost his last 4-6 games with a 3 game skid to finish the season. During that 3 game stretch, he threw 5 picks and 3 TD's. In the win against the Jags (who have a terrible pass defense) he threw a pick and no TD's. That was his last 4 games of the season. 6 picks, 3 TD's.

Further, while dropping the last 4 of 6 to end the year, he threw 10 pics to 6 TD's. He most certainly got worse at the season went on. He played really well up to that point.

henne is a good young QB

sanchez is a good young QB

henne has his clemens moments tho, where he turtles in big spots. I didn't watch a lot of dolphins games, but I remember down the stretch he seemed to play small once or twice, so "landslide" is a bit much for me

I like Henne.

I just like Sanchez more in the long run.

By the way, how is Henne not clutch when he had performances like the MNF Jets game and the comeback vs. the Patriots at home?

Because clutch QB's win games that put their teams in the post season. Then they win some more.

Sorry to do this but see Tom Brady vs Peyton Manning.

Henne outplayed Sanchez BIG TIME. With that said, Sanchez has had less time in the system and less experience.

They're talking apples and pomegranates. Sanchez came in a raw rook, started right out of the box, and only had a game of clipboard time with his knee. Lets see where they both sit after this season.

Notice how when the Jets put the ball in Sanchez's hand to win the game, they lost. In fact, Sanchez only threw for 200 yards or more 4 times in 09' and lost 3 of those games. When he is given the opportunity to lead, he fails.

Without a top running game, defense and O-line Sanchez will suck, and I'm pretty sure the Jets and their fans realize this.

idk why i'm bothering to get sucke dinto this but: newsflash THE KID WAS A FU*KING ROOKIE. and with only one season worth of starts under his belt in college to boot. he playe dlike a rookie......but the good thing is he showed flashes that he can be really good. and, although he didn't put the team on his back in th eplay-offs, he had the best rookie play-off performance ever. 2 things happene dlast year....the game started to slow down for sanchez towards the end of the year and he started playing better.....cu;minating with his best playing when it mattered most. the kid got his head out of his ass and started to put it together in the play-offs against some good teams and under a ton of pressure. especially for a rookie who is still learning to play in the pros. if you expect a rookie to come out and put the team on his back and will them to the superbowl then you know as much about football, and professional sports in general, as my anus does. you idiot fins fans like to say "he didn't have any 300 yard games, thats pathetic". i don't care if he never has a 300 yard game as long as we win games and he makes plays when he is asked to.

To be fair, a large portion of the guy's rating was that he thinks Henne has the prototypical build and strong arm necessary. I like Sanchez. His arm seems more than adequate and he seems to have a nice release, but he's not the big power passer you usually pick at the top of the draft. The guy is picking for the future and he has a good point. We are rating Sanchez highly for winning games that were won by running and defense. I never liked Henne much coming out, but I can see the possibility that Sanchez isn't the franchise. Hope won't make it happen.

Sanchez has excellent pocket presence combined with extremely quick feet escaping the pocket and the ability to throw on the run. Combine that with a very accurate arm, and you are looking at a lot more big plays in coming years than a pure pocket passer with a big arm.

First off, doesnt everyone always say QB's are judged by 1 thing, win vs. loses?

He lost his last 4-6 games with a 3 game skid to finish the season. During that 3 game stretch, he threw 5 picks and 3 TD's. In the win against the Jags (who have a terrible pass defense) he threw a pick and no TD's. That was his last 4 games of the season. 6 picks, 3 TD's.

Further, while dropping the last 4 of 6 to end the year, he threw 10 pics to 6 TD's. He most certainly got worse at the season went on. He played really well up to that point.

They are judged by wins and losses, but you can't look at that in a vacuum and base your opinion of his play solely on that alone.

BTW, he actually had a really good game against the Jags. He ran for a TD and completed 17 straight passes at one point. A fumble by Ricky Williams and a couple dropped passes prevented that game from being a blowout.

Look, I think Sanchez and Henne both have a chance to be great. But RIGHT NOW I would go with Henne, just based on what I saw last year. Ask me again in 5 years I might have a different opinion.

idk why i'm bothering to get sucke dinto this but: newsflash THE KID WAS A FU*KING ROOKIE. and with only one season worth of starts under his belt in college to boot. he playe dlike a rookie......but the good thing is he showed flashes that he can be really good. and, although he didn't put the team on his back in th eplay-offs, he had the best rookie play-off performance ever. 2 things happene dlast year....the game started to slow down for sanchez towards the end of the year and he started playing better.....cu;minating with his best playing when it mattered most. the kid got his head out of his ass and started to put it together in the play-offs against some good teams and under a ton of pressure. especially for a rookie who is still learning to play in the pros. if you expect a rookie to come out and put the team on his back and will them to the superbowl then you know as much about football, and professional sports in general, as my anus does. you idiot fins fans like to say "he didn't have any 300 yard games, thats pathetic". i don't care if he never has a 300 yard game as long as we win games and he makes plays when he is asked to.

You had me untill I hit the bolded part. You can't be serious?

Tell me, was it the 100 yards passing against the Chargers that was the "best rookie playoff performance ever?" Or perhaps it was the 160 yards he chucked against the Bengals. Perhaps the 2 int and loss against the Colts?

Tell me, was it the 100 yards passing against the Chargers that was the "best rookie playoff performance ever?" Or perhaps it was the 160 yards he chucked against the Bengals. Perhaps the 2 int and loss against the Colts?

How many play-off yards did Henne have? Oh yea, thats right..

2 big wins on the road in the play-offs..stats are for losers, thats why you like them so much and keep quoting them...

They are judged by wins and losses, but you can't look at that in a vacuum and base your opinion of his play solely on that alone.

BTW, he actually had a really good game against the Jags. He ran for a TD and completed 17 straight passes at one point. A fumble by Ricky Williams and a couple dropped passes prevented that game from being a blowout.

Look, I think Sanchez and Henne both have a chance to be great. But RIGHT NOW I would go with Henne, just based on what I saw last year. Ask me again in 5 years I might have a different opinion.

Fair enough. I think Henne had the better year, but I think Sanchez proved more when they needed him most.

Again, if I'm starting a franchse...I'm taking Sanchez. And that wasnt the caes before he showed me he could win 4 straight do or die games while at the same time Henne lost 3 straight.

IMO - thats the difference.

I'd love to see what you'd be saying if the roles were reversed.

All I know right now is, one may be better than the other. If thats the case, its not by much IMO. So if you ask me who would you rather have, a guy who wins when everything is on the line and has 2 playoff wins under his belt or a guy who loses when everything is on the line with zero playoff experience....which one do you take? Its a pretty simple answer....Sanchez.

How many play-off yards did Henne have? Oh yea, thats right..

2 big wins on the road in the play-offs..stats are for losers, thats why you like them so much and keep quoting them...

Yawn response.

Fair enough. I think Henne had the better year, but I think Sanchez proved more when they needed him most.

Again, if I'm starting a franchse...I'm taking Sanchez. And that wasnt the caes before he showed me he could win 4 straight do or die games while at the same time Henne lost 3 straight.

IMO - thats the difference.

I'd love to see what you'd be saying if the roles were reversed.

All I know right now is, one may be better than the other. If thats the case, its not by much IMO. So if you ask me who would you rather have, a guy who wins when everything is on the line and has 2 playoff wins under his belt or a guy who loses when everything is on the line with zero playoff experience....which one do you take? Its a pretty simple answer....Sanchez.

Henne has 3 come from behind victories, so you can't say he "loses when everything's on the line". It's just factually wrong.

My response was to this sentence, which we can all agree is wrong.

Originally Posted by neckdemon viewpost.gif

idk why i'm bothering to get sucke dinto this but: newsflash THE KID WAS A FU*KING ROOKIE. and with only one season worth of starts under his belt in college to boot. he playe dlike a rookie......but the good thing is he showed flashes that he can be really good. and, although he didn't put the team on his back in th eplay-offs, he had the best rookie play-off performance ever

Sanchez never had a "best rookie playoff performance ever". Ever.

Henne has 3 come from behind victories, so you can't say he "loses when everything's on the line". It's just factually wrong.

Well its factually accurate that Henne lost his last 3 games of the season when the Dolphags had a chance at the playoffs. Its also factually accurate that he lost his last 4-6 games.

So I'd say I most certainly can say that Henne loses when everything is on the line.

Hey, who the hell knows..

Greise was a workingman QB, not a great skilled QB, but he had a great D and a Great Run game.

So in the end, its about the right QB in the right system who can manage a game. Greise was a great game manager. I think Sanchez has that trait in him.

Archie Manning was a great QB, but didnt win shiit. Its all apples/oranges.

Hey, who the hell knows..

Greise was a workingman QB, not a great skilled QB, but he had a great D and a Great Run game.

So in the end, its about the right QB in the right system who can manage a game. Greise was a great game manager. I think Sanchez has that trait in him.

Archie Manning was a great QB, but didnt win shiit. Its all apples/oranges.

I think Sanchez has a little (read: a cubic ****load) more physical skill than Griese did.

Hey Dolphins fans, remind me, how many Super Bowl rings does Dan Marino have again?

:Nuts::bash::fighting0050::wild:

That's more like it. Slither back to the usual Jets fans retorts.

This is the part where I chastize the Jets for having to borrow a stadium, then you say something about Sun Life Stadium being the Jets home stadium, then I make a crack about Joe Willie in his panty hose etc...

But, to answer your question, the same number of rings that Sanchez will have.

That's more like it. Slither back to the usual Jets fans retorts.

This is the part where I chastize the Jets for having to borrow a stadium, then you say something about Sun Life Stadium being the Jets home stadium, then I make a crack about Joe Willie in his panty hose etc...

But, to answer your question, the same number of rings that Sanchez will have.

WRONG AGAIN!!! Thanks for playing but the correct answer is: unlike Dan Marino, Mark Sanchez will actually win a Super Bowl or 12.

Let's let Sanchez make the HOF before we make that comparison.

I know you say that as a cut, but Mr Grieses had exactly 3 300 yd games in his career, a point CJ continually brings up to show that Sanchez is inferior to Henne, so this tells me 2 things:

1) You don't need 300 yd games to make the H of F if you have a great running game and defense (which we do) and

2) Henne must already be better then Griese also

And guess who is #1? I will give you a hint, he is ringless....

I know you say that as a cut, but Mr Grieses had exactly 3 300 yd games in his career, a point CJ continually brings up to show that Sanchez is inferior to Henne, so this tells me 2 things:

1) You don't need 300 yd games to make the H of F if you have a great running game and defense (which we do) and

2) Henne must already be better then Griese also

And guess who is #1? I will give you a hint, he is ringless....

When Sanchez QB's a team to an undefeated season and back to back Super Bowls and 3 straight Super Bowl apperances holla at me.

Archived