Kris Jenkins at 390 pounds--Not Good News

flgreen

rodboone "After some prodding, Kris Jenkins finally gave up his weight. Big Jenks is 390 pounds and wants to drop 30 pounds before training camp.

But Big Jenks true goal is to drop a total of 45 pounds. Another goal: Jenkins wants to participate in the June minicamp "

If this is true KJ is obviously not taking football too seriously and thats not good considering what the NYJETS are trying to accomplish.

Ok this makes no sense. You do realize he is coming of a knee injury, right? It's not like he's been lazy, the guy hasn't exactly been able to work out since mid-October.

Ok this makes no sense. You do realize he is coming of a knee injury, right? It's not like he's been lazy, the guy hasn't exactly been able to work out since mid-October.

AGREED!

Any of you guys suffer an injury? Even a cold? It takes a while to get back to old form. He will work it off, and if he dosen't....

The line was fine last year when he went down. :confused:

AGREED!

Any of you guys suffer an injury? Even a cold? It takes a while to get back to old form. He will work it off, and if he dosen't....

The line was fine last year when he went down. :confused:

I'm more concerned with this. I don't think we should assume the DL will be fine without Jenks. Pouha stepped up in a big way last year, but I'm not putting much faith in that.

I have no faith whatsoever in Kris Jenkins' abilty to last a full NFL season-none...

He will need to be rotated just like last year before injured- and that is the best scenerio.

LOL! Your name sake would be working out 2 days after reconstructive knee surgery ;) he came back faster than anybody whoever had that operation at that time in the mid 80's..lolz..Jenkins was known as being fat and lazy when we traded for him.

Yeah, Jenks hurt his knee and gained 60 pounds. Happens to everybody. Its the injury's fault, not Jenks gorging on Big Macs.

Yeah, Jenks hurt his knee and gained 60 pounds. Happens to everybody. Its the injury's fault, not Jenks gorging on Big Macs.

So, you've had reconstructive knee surgery and know first hand?

Actually I think it's a mixture of both. Jenk has always had weight issues, but I think the injury had a little something to do with being 60 lbs overweight.

Not for nothing but for a dude like Jenkins, at that particular weight, it's really not that hard to shed 40-50 pounds in one summer.

Yep...he's did before he joined the Jets...he'll do it again.

The man likes to eat.

dude has been eating like a pig. irresponsible, end of story.

Not for nothing but for a dude like Jenkins, at that particular weight, it's really not that hard to shed 40-50 pounds in one summer.

I dropped 30 lbs in as many days one summer. And that wasn't with millions of dollars riding on me, just the fact that I was going to school in FL and needed a beach bod. I think he'll be able to handle it. I was able to do it, because thats all I did, I worked 3-4 days a week from 4-9pm. I had all day, wake up workout, egg whites, turkey, lettuce.

I dropped 30 lbs in as many days one summer. And that wasn't with millions of dollars riding on me, just the fact that I was going to school in FL and needed a beach bod. I think he'll be able to handle it. I was able to do it, because thats all I did, I worked 3-4 days a week from 4-9pm. I had all day, wake up workout, egg whites, turkey, lettuce.

I

You were doing that to get girls. Jenks can get girls at his current weight cuz he's rich and famous.

When all your day consists of is waking up and losing weight its not hard to drop pounds. I'm not really worried about his weight. But do agree that he won't be in for the long haul this season.

I expect him to be hurt; I am just praying it is not a season-ender and he is around for the playoffs.

Archived