Revis syas he could hold out without new contract- NY POST

Kentucky Jet

add harris to the list. I'm not reading too much into this because I think Tanny will do everything within his power to try and keep everyone of these guys because he knows what a big impact they have with this team.

Exactly. These young guys are the backbone of this team. ::GoJets:

At this time yesterday, I was of the opinion that although we needed to keep Revis a Jet lifer, we could afford to wait until after this season. That time is over. I know there is the 50% rule we need to contend with (player's 2011 salaries can't be less than 50% of their 2011 salaries) and the 30% rule (player's can't make more than 30% of what they were going to earn the year before), but we need to find whatever loopholes to extend these guys. Mangold, Harris, Ferguson, Revis, Edwards, Holmes, Cromartie. All expected to be key contributors in 2010, all under 30, and with the exception of Ferguson and Revis, all have contracts expiring after the 2010 season. This doesn't even include Shaun Ellis or Brodney Poole (whose deals also expire after 2010).

Signing bonuses, roster bonuses, whatever. Mangold and Revis to start with this offseason and go from there.

I love Revis, but if he holds out of camp this year, he's a complete piece of ****. He signed a SIX YEAR DEAL and the Jets came to him after three to get him locked in to a new contract. That's right, the team is the one who approached him to give him a new deal half way through his rookie contract. There's something to the fact that holding out is the one position of strength that players have in renegotiations, but when the team is acting in as much good faith as the Jets have been with Revis, to go that route with three years left on a deal is a complete crap. After all, this is the same guy who is voiding his deal after this year and in return getting either big money buybacks or hitting free agency. He has absolutely no room to complain.

Frankly, both Mangold and Harris should be getting new deals before Revis.

I love Revis, but if he holds out of camp this year, he's a complete piece of ****. He signed a SIX YEAR DEAL and the Jets came to him after three to get him locked in to a new contract. That's right, the team is the one who approached him to give him a new deal half way through his rookie contract. There's something to the fact that holding out is the one position of strength that players have in renegotiations, but when the team is acting in as much good faith as the Jets have been with Revis, to go that route with three years left on a deal is a complete crap. After all, this is the same guy who is voiding his deal after this year and in return getting either big money buybacks or hitting free agency. He has absolutely no room to complain.

Agree

I guess he's thinking about it because he is coming off a monster year. I love the guy, but it's not that likely that he repeats that performance. The troubling thing to me is all the claims that the Jets made promises. That's the same line that Kendall, Coles and Baker spewed. Is it true? I don't know, but I don't recall Giants players complaining they went back on their word. I only mention the Giants because they are the only other team I've kept up with because it's in the same newspaper.

Please just go to camp, Darrelle.

I don't want to start [somewhat] disliking my favorite NY Jet over a stupid contract issue. Just go play for the team, the rest of the **** will take care of itself. I have faith that he's in good hands under Mike Tannenbaum and he'll get the coin he deserves soon. He is worth way more than $1 million at this point.

The Camelot days are over.

Getting rid of classy veterans who were popular in the locker room sends a message that its a dog eat dog world. What have you done for me lately Alan Faneca? Now the players are going to turn that attitude around against the team.

Getting rid of classy veterans who were popular in the locker room sends a message that its a dog eat dog world. What have you done for me lately Alan Faneca? Now the players are going to turn that attitude around against the team.

No they're not.

And here we go...anyone that thinks there is going to be smooth sailing with these contracts is dreaming.

Considering how it went when we were in contract negotiations before he even was officially a NY Jet...you might be right.

I think I've heard Revis Harris and mangold mention Leon as the case they're most worried about

It seems as if they look at Leon breaking his leg, then the team turning its back as a hint they need to secure something long term

Yeah right. It's not like Jones, Washington, Abraham, Coles, Baker, Kendall, Mawae or Brandon Moore ever complained aobut their contracts. This isn't anything new.

says the jets homer :P

i was rooting for the jets when you were not even an embryo...

dont make me come there and whip your ass. :lol:

Apparently I'm a little older than you think.

But hey, at least I didn't pull out a "you don't deserve to see the Jets win" on you. Had that one thrown my way a couple of times by people who have no recollection of the Jets pre-Testaverde.

But hey, at least I didn't pull out a "you don't deserve to see the Jets win" on you. Had that one thrown my way a couple of times by people who have no recollection of the Jets pre-Testaverde.

phuckk u,,,,,,, skippy

:shock: WTF ???

Revis, Mangold, Harris, and Ferguson need to get locked up long-term ASAP. I don't care how much we pay them.

IMHO "Brick" CAN be replaced. I'd resign the other 3 in just the order you have them listed here.

IMHO "Brick" CAN be replaced. I'd resign the other 3 in just the order you have them listed here.

If I had to choose one of the 4 to let go, I'd probably choose Harris over Ferguson. Franchise LT's are most definitely NOT easier to replace than ILB's, even if Harris is better at his job than Ferguson.

Having said that, now is not the time to be overly stingy. I see no reason why all 4 can't get locked up this offseason.

Harris would be waaaaaaaaaay easier to replace than D'Brick. No one lets go of a franchise LT, especially over a LB with injury issues. Harris is our 3rd best LB now...IMO.

Not to mention D'Brick has never missed a game due to injury...or anything..because he's never missed a game.

R U Nuts? It's because of Revis that you can blitz all the time. Losing Revis, willingly, would be the dumbest thing the Jets could do.

Archived