**** Official Hockey East 2010-2011 Season Thread ****

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

yes they are. A very impressive weekend for the Black Bears. My guess is they move up from 12th to 5th overall in the cuntry.

I didn't apply to BU back in the day but I was accepted at UMaine, ULowell, UMass and Northeastern. I went to ULowell because it was cheap and I was paying my own way. All the best with your College c

You mean the conference that has 4 teams in the top 10? LOL!

Funny... I dont see any Atlantic Hockey teams even ranked.

Northeastern blows. They've lost to some sh*t teams this year.

Funny huh

RIT frozen four last year from this sh*t atlantic hockey league

Year before Benji state in Frozen four from sh*t Niagara confrence

Face it ittybit, HE has 2 teams BU and BC, the rest are pondscum

Funny huh

RIT frozen four last year from this sh*t atlantic hockey league

Year before Benji state in Frozen four from sh*t Niagara confrence

Face it ittybit, HE has 2 teams BU and BC, the rest are pondscum

Last year? LOL! We're talking this year.

This year:

Hockey East has 4 teams in top 10.

Atlantic- 0 ranked.

So even if Hockey East only had 4 teams and 6 sh*tty teams, its still better than 0 good teams and 12 sh*tty teams!

So congrats on your win against Northeastern... and your ties against fellow sh*tbag HE teams Lowell and Merrimack! Now play some real teams!

Last year? LOL! We're talking this year.

This year:

Hockey East has 4 teams in top 10.

Atlantic- 0 ranked.

So even if Hockey East only had 4 teams and 6 sh*tty teams, its still better than 0 good teams and 12 sh*tty teams!

So congrats on your win against Northeastern... and your ties against fellow sh*tbag HE teams Lowell and Merrimack! Now play some real teams!

Come on Man, u b talkin like Tex

Rankings are biased just like in any other sport. Small Conferences wait until Big Dance to beat the overrated POC's (piece of craps)

Thought i'd chime in as your HE thread seems to be dying, JonE and Gonzo have commited harikari i presume

BTW College Hockey officially blows, 25 power plays in Niagara game, 15 NU 10 Niagara (NU had 4 5-3's)

Cant hit anymore, refs have ruined College Hockey, unwatchable

The Best part of game, NU students (ones which didnt leave) yelling Let's Drop Hockey lol

Rankings are biased just like in any other sport. Small Conferences wait until Big Dance to beat the overrated POC's (piece of craps)

Thought i'd chime in as your HE thread seems to be dying, JonE and Gonzo have commited harikari i presume

BTW College Hockey officially blows, 25 power plays in Niagara game, 15 NU 10 Niagara (NU had 4 5-3's)

The Best part of game, NU students (ones which didnt leave) yelling Let's Drop Hockey lol

Its dying because UMass and Lowell are reaching lower levels of suckitude... the passion just isnt there anymore. :-( its tough caring about a team that cant beat lowly ARMY! Ugh.

And college hockey is falling the same way as any other contact sport, bullcrap rules to prevent hitting people. It is embarrassing that almost any contact now is drawing a penalty. It saddens me to see what has become of our violent sports. :-(

And Gainzo and I talk hockey offline now..... we went to the Lowell game last night so our g/f's could sit and talk the whole time... we dont need no stinkin' messageboard!

biggrin.gif

JonE was never a player in the Hockey East threads. It has always been me, LBS, PFSIKH and you when you were around (war ensemble made some posts as well). As LBS stated his team and my team suck. Niagara isn't exactly setting the college hockey world on fire either.

Lowell lost 13 seniors to graduation last year so I knew this season was going to suck. That didn't stop me from renewing my season tickets and supporting my school. UMass and Lowell are going to be fighting all season to be the team that BC, BU or UNH slaughters in the Hockey East quarter finals.

Edited by Gainzo

JonE was never a player in the Hockey East threads. It has always been me, LBS, PFSIKH and you when you were around (war ensemble made some posts as well). As LBS stated his team and my team suck. Niagara isn't exactly setting the college hockey world on fire either.

Lowell lost 13 seniors to graduation last year so I knew this season was going to suck. That didn't stop me from renewing my season tickets and supporting my school. UMass and Lowell are going to be fighting all season to be the team that BC, BU or UNH slaughters in the Hockey East quarter finals.

Just bustin...I have been riding JonE hard on twitter

College Hockey blows, cant hit without getting a penalty, there is no flow to game ,whatever team has the power play working wins most of time.

Unwatchable product as it is

Just bustin...I have been riding JonE hard on twitter

College Hockey blows, cant hit without getting a penalty, there is no flow to game ,whatever team has the power play working wins most of time.

Unwatchable product as it is

The problem with College Hockey are the refs. They are inconsistent and defer to the influential coaches like Parker, York and Umile when any call goes against their teams.

I think LBS will agree with me on that point.

BTW: Lowell sucks!

Tough weekend for UMass. Lose on Friday and then give up the game tying goal with 40 seconds left on Saturday. Sweeeet!!

Well... we only took the lead for the first time all weekend 30 seconds before UNH tied it up.

1pt is a miracle with this sh*tbox team.

And I was saddened when I asked the girlie if she liked my "goalie wearing a dress" comment from the lowell game and she said she was too wrapped up with the other girlie talking girlie stuff and didnt hear it. sad.gif

Kyle_Bigos.jpg?max_height=400&max_width=400

#3 - Kyle Bigos

Position: D

Year: So.

Hometown: Upland, CA

Last Team: Vernon (BCHL)

Height: 6-5

Weight: 2350

Major: Business

Shoots/Catches:R

2009-10: Played in 36 of 37 games, most among freshmen…netted 11 points (four goals, seven assists)…sixth among Hockey East rookie defensemen in scoring…notched first career point against Holy Cross (10/16)…scored first career goals at #12 Boston College (10/30)…netted game-winner vs. #17 Boston Univ. (11/13)…tallied first career multi-point game at Providence (3/5)…fired 62 shots on goal, tops among Merrimack defenders…led team with 94 penalty minutes.

Personal/Last Team: Born May 12, 1989...drafted in the fourth round (99th overall) by the Edmonton Oilers in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, marking the earliest a Merrimack player has been chosen since 2002...led the Vernon Vipers (BCHL) to the Royal Bank Cup National Junior A Hockey Championship, earning tournament MVP and top defenseman honors while tallying nine points in six playoff games...in 80 regular season games, posted 43 points (10 goals, 33 assists) to go with 173 penalty minutes...played for Vernon in 2007-08 and 2008-09...business major at Merrimack.

Edited by Lil Bit Special

Good news: Carr looked much improved.

Bad news: Your defense is blind and stupid.

Unforgivable loss. But hey, those replays are sweet on the new scoreboard.

The December 4th UMass vs Lowell game in Amherst could be some of the worst D1 hockey ever played. Can't wait to be there lol

I think it's pretty safe to say that Lowell can't play Marc "The Sieve" Boulanger anymore this season. The kid flat-out sucks. 4.25 GAA and an 828 Save% isn't going to get it done.

After UNH kicks the crap out of Lowell on Thursday night it's off to Central Mass to hang with Lil Bit and watch some horrible hockey.

I think it's pretty safe to say that Lowell can't play Marc "The Sieve" Boulanger anymore this season. The kid flat-out sucks. 4.25 GAA and an 828 Save% isn't going to get it done.

After UNH kicks the crap out of Lowell on Thursday night it's off to Central Mass to hang with Lil Bit and watch some horrible hockey. UMass will win 6-1.

After UNH kicks the crap out of Lowell on Thursday night it's off to Central Mass to hang with Lil Bit and watch some horrible hockey. UMass will win 6-1.

I hate to quote myself but I wasn't too far off on what happened the last 3 days. Lowell is awful and I put 90% of the blame on the Coach. Losing to UMass is a kick in the balls.

JonE was never a player in the Hockey East threads. It has always been me, LBS, PFSIKH and you when you were around (war ensemble made some posts as well).

Granted I havent posted in awhile, but I WAS the original Hockey East Thread creator. Am I not worthy of a mention here?!?!

UMaineLogo.jpg

Granted I havent posted in awhile, but I WAS the original Hockey East Thread creator. Am I not worthy of a mention here?!?!

UMaineLogo.jpg

Really? That is cool as I thought LBS started the original thread back in the day. My apologies.

BTW: Maine is going to do bad things to UMass at Alfond on Saturday night.

Yeah I started the thread back in 2008 or so, then I drifted away from the site. I posted a few times last year but I didnt get any replies. (ungrateful bastards) LOL

UMaine may be ready to take off, and tonight is a good time vs NH.

Edited by BUM-KNEE

Yeah I started the thread back in 2008 or so, then I drifted away from the site. I posted a few times last year but I didnt get any replies. (ungrateful bastards) LOL

UMaine may be ready to take off, and tonight is a good time vs NH.

As much as I dislike Maine I detest UNH. Go Black Bears!

That is not true gain. He is a player when Northeastern is good. So...he is almost never a player but when that once in a lifetime, every dog has his day, even a dragon win sometimes type season happens...he is here. With Garb in tow.

Really? That is cool as I thought LBS started the original thread back in the day. My apologies.

BTW: Maine is going to do bad things to UMass at Alfond on Saturday night.

Im a follower, not a leader. biggrin.gif

And Maine is going to kick our a$$ sunday afternoon during the Pats game. So im bringing my laptop and watching the jets game online while listening to UMass tame the Black Bears!

Im a follower, not a leader. biggrin.gif

And Maine is going to kick our a$$ sunday afternoon during the Pats game. So im bringing my laptop and watching the jets game online while listening to UMass tame the Black Bears!

I thought it was a Saturday night game not Sunday at 4. WTF is wrong with the Hockey East schedule makers? A Sunday game in frickin Orono?

http://siouxsports.com/hockey/whatif/index.php?confid=5

A site to 'predict' the remaining schedule.

No need for that thing as Lowell is going to finish dead last. At 2-14-2 and riding a 9 game losing streak things aren't going to improve anytime soon. Love the email I received from the UML Athletic Department today. Happy Holidays my arse!

HappyHolidays.jpg

Edited by Gainzo

This sums up the disaster that is the Lowell 2010-2011 season.

Even UML coach is bitten by injury bug

You know your injury list has reached ridiculous proportions when even the head coach goes down.

The UMass Lowell hockey team, suffering from a heavy rash of injuries to players for the second straight season, saw coach Blaise MacDonald join the long list of casualties when he broke four ribs during a practice session two weeks ago.

MacDonald was running drills on the ice when one of the River Hawks lost his balance and crashed into the coach from behind. MacDonald fell to the ice, banging his head, and later discovered he’d broken four ribs.

Even though he can barely move without pain and it hurts to take a breath, MacDonald hasn’t let the fractures deter him from his daily long run. He hasn’t missed a run in five years and didn’t want to end his streak.

One streak MacDonald is anxious to see end is the River Hawks’ losing streak. UML, now on a holiday hiatus, has dropped nine in a row. Five of those losses have been at the newly-renovated Tsongas Center, one short of the all-time record for consecutive home defeats set 25 years ago in 1985.

The River Hawks have also dropped six straight road games, the first time that has happened since UML lost 12 in a row in 1990.

The River Hawks have 13 freshmen — only rival UMass Amherst has as many among the nation’s Division I teams — and all of them, ready or not, have

Advertisement

been summoned into service because of injuries. Some days MacDonald hasn’t had enough healthy bodies to conduct a full practice.

The situation has become so desperate that the River Hawks have recruited a defenseman from the Eastern Junior Hockey League, Al Butler, to join the team when the schedule resumes early next month.

When the River Hawks finished the first half of the schedule, they were minus six players. The most critical loss has been senior center Scott Campbell, the team’s active leading career scorer with 39 goals and 85 points and also a top faceoff man and defensive player.

Campbell has been sidelined since the end of October with a hip injury, and his return to the lineup is uncertain. For the second time in as many years, sophomore forward Joe Caveney was lost for the year after playing only a handful of games, this time with a torn ACL.

Other River Hawks who have missed at least a month with injuries include forwards Michael Budd, Michael Scheu, and Patrick Cey. Scheu and Cey were still injured at the end of the first semester, as was freshman Chad Ruhwedel, their top-scoring defenseman.

With so many forwards out of the lineup, the River Hawks have really struggled to score goals. Only three times this season have they tallied more than three goals in a game, and the last time was Oct. 22. They’ve been limited to two goals or less in 11 of their last 14 games.

Being decimated by injuries is, unfortunately, nothing unusual for UMass Lowell. Three times in the last four winters they’ve lost a large number players — often their top players — for long periods of time.

Last winter, players who missed at least a month were All-Hockey East defenseman Jeremy Dehner, Nick Schaus, Barry Goers, and Chris Ickert. Forwards Caveney, Matt Ferreira, Chris Auger and Sammy D’Agostino were also lost for a month or more.

The 2008-09 season was relatively injury-free for UML, although goaltender Carter Hutton missed five weeks with a sprained ankle and rugged center Mark Roebothan was out for six weeks with a separated shoulder.

The year before that, however, five River Hawks missed at least a month, including two of their top players, Dehner and forward Mike Potacco. And forward Paul Worthington didn’t return until February that year after missing a calendar year with a concussion.

Everyone knew this was going to be a rebuilding year for the River Hawks. Who knew it would turn out to be a rehab year as well?

http://www.lowellsun.com/sports/ci_16919702

This may be off-topic, but can someone tell Lowell to stop sending me emails about college? I'm not applying to Lowell, I've clicked unsubscribe, yet they keep sending them. All with different pictures within the same template. How exciting. I need the mods to teach me how to spam-block these fools!

This may be off-topic, but can someone tell Lowell to stop sending me emails about college? I'm not applying to Lowell, I've clicked unsubscribe, yet they keep sending them. All with different pictures within the same template. How exciting. I need the mods to teach me how to spam-block these fools!

Change your email address.