**** Official Hockey East 2010-2011 Season Thread ****

Gainzo

NU and BU split, now face off in the quarters next weekend

Does Yahoo have a college hockey bracket game?

BC v UMASS - BC

UNH v UVM - UNH

BU v NE - BU

MC v UM - UM

BC v UM - BC

UNH v BU - BU

BC v BU

BC HE Champions.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BC v UMASS - BC

UNH v UVM - UNH

BU v NE - NE

MC v UM - MC

BC v MC - BC

UNH v NU - NU

BC v NU

NU HE Champions.

Would love to see Merrimack and Northeastern make it to the Garden but even if they do BC or UNH will probably win. As I saw a lot of Hockey East games this season I will tell you that UVM sucks, Merrimack is awesome at home and that NU has a really good chance of beating BU as they are nothing special.

F-BU

Is this the 1st time we have ever agreed on anything JonE :lol:

Looking forward to both games on Friday. BC/NU at 5 then MC/UNH to follow. It's always fun when one or two of the non "powerhouse" HE teams makes it to the Garden. Go Northeastern and Merrimack! Knowing my luck it will be a BC/UNH final (no offense PFSIKH)

Huskies are tough...Rawlings has been great, and getting key contributions fro freshman Reid and Dongara

Exciting to say the least.....I liked Parker literally crying after the game

Lowell fired Blaise. I'm all in with the Huskies. Merrimack is going to hurt recruiting at UML as they have been good this season.

Is this the 1st time we have ever agreed on anything JonE :lol:

Looking forward to both games on Friday. BC/NU at 5 then MC/UNH to follow. It's always fun when one or two of the non "powerhouse" HE teams makes it to the Garden. Go Northeastern and Merrimack! Knowing my luck it will be a BC/UNH final (no offense PFSIKH)

Wait..what? No love for the "U"? ;)

I wish I could get some HE down here. I can get most other conferences, but NESN must have a broadcast rights to the ECAC and HE because those are the two conferences I can not get.

I don't get it either....you can purchase the stream from HockeyEast.com for like $8

I am not cheap, but I would prefer something that requires a little less effort on my part. I will wait to see them in the Frozen 4 championships game. :rl:

I am not cheap, but I would prefer something that requires a little less effort on my part. I will wait to see them in the Frozen 4 championships game. :rl:

Talk about money...

In unrelated news, NU tution has just jumped to 50K per year. Jeebers! At 50K per year you would think they could buy a championship one of these days. Boston College will run you about 51K per, Boston University about 53K, UNH (out of state) about 30K and Merrimack is 46K.

Talk about money...

In unrelated news, NU tution has just jumped to 50K per year. Jeebers! At 50K per year you would think they could buy a championship one of these days. Boston College will run you about 51K per, Boston University about 53K, UNH (out of state) about 30K and Merrimack is 46K.

To follow up on that here are the other Schools in Hockey East:

UMass-Amherst: $21K in-state, $34K out of state.

UMass-Lowell: $19.5K in-state, $32K out of state.

Providence: $46K.

Vermont: $27K in-state, $47K (yikes!) out of state .

Maine: Too lazy to do the math on their website but Maine is far and away the cheapest out of the 10 schools, both in and out of state.

My picks tonight: BC & UNH. Who I want to win: NU & Merrimack.

Talk about money...

That is why I am thankful I live a 10 minute drive from Austin Peay.

My kids drive to school and save about 2/3rds of yearly tuition.

After squirreling some money away for them, they will have some debt, but not a ridiculous amount.

USCHO projected field.

West Regional (St. Louis):

14 Colorado College vs. 3 Boston College

12 Nebraska-Omaha vs. 5 Michigan

Midwest Regional (Green Bay):

15 Rensselaer vs. 2 North Dakota

10 Western Michigan vs. 7 Denver

East Regional (Bridgeport):

16 Air Force vs. 1 Yale

9 Minnesota-Duluth vs. 8 Union

Northeast Regional (Manchester):

13 New Hampshire vs. 4 Miami