SJ Reviews: 'Robin Hood'..Pre Outlaw days flick is above average action yarn (3)

SouthernJet

I didnt know it until I was 3/4ths of the way through the flick that this film is about the Pre-Sherwood Forest outlaw Robin Hood. The films story is that of the archer , Robin, fighting with King Richard. We see him on his way back to England with Richard and then u[on his return he gets involved in subterfuges that would be considered Spoilers. Needless to say, we see Robin and other 'good guys' fighting the 'evil' French as they attempt to overthrow England.

In this vein we see a Robin who is courageous and with the beginnings of his Motley Crew, but we see a non Outlaw Robin.

Its a good plot, a good action film and has some Historical stuff I hadnt known of this pre-Sherwood Forest Robin.

The cast is first rate with Russell Crowe , Cate Blanchett, William Hurt, Mark Strong, and Max von Sydow. Ridley Scott who directed also has us now setup with a Robin Hood II, which will obviously take us to the more well know tale of Robin fighting the injustices of King John and Sheriff of Nottingham.

So the good news is that this will be a NEW story for all as we see the story of Robin Hood before he became the legendary fabled Robin Hood of literary lore.

3stars_002.gif's

The French fought? :confused:

:rl:

Actually when you see the movie, it ends up being very French-like come the battle scenes ;)

Q: How many gears does a French tank have? A: Six. Five are in reverse, and one is in forward in case they are attacked from behind.

I didnt know it until I was 3/4ths of the way through the flick that this film is about the Pre-Sherwood Forest outlaw Robin Hood. The films story is that of the archer , Robin, fighting with King Richard. We see him on his way back to England with Richard and then u[on his return he gets involved in subterfuges that would be considered Spoilers. Needless to say, we see Robin and other 'good guys' fighting the 'evil' French as they attempt to overthrow England.

Thanks SJ. :cheers: I was wonder WTF ? when I saw the trailers.

Archived