When crazy people die

Maxman

do they find out that they were crazy? I am not talking about the marginal crazy people. I am talking about the ones that are way out there. The guy I walked by in NYC that was doing push ups and kissing the dirty ground, screaming I Love NY.

When he passes, will anyone tell him that he was crazy? I wonder...

do they find out that they were crazy? I am not talking about the marginal crazy people. I am talking about the ones that are way out there. The guy I walked by in NYC that was doing push ups and kissing the dirty ground, screaming I Love NY.

Yes, they quickly come to that realization based upon the line they are told to stand in.

Hmm. Upon further consideration, that was Terrell Owens doing push ups in his driveway in a catsuit.

Whats crazy about loving NY?
New York is the best city on the face of the planet. I was born in Manhattan, I wear it like a badge.

I was totally destroyed over 09/11. My home, my country, the place of my birth. I'll never forget that day, and I still can't bring myself to go to Ground Zero. I avoid it, and have to be subjected to apologists.

Whats crazy about loving NY?

Nothing, I was born in NY and love it. That being said being shirtless doing pushups and kissing the filthy street, yeah that's a bit crazy.

I think the shirtless exerciser you passed is most likely on meds where he knows he has a problem, goes off meds and acts crazy, then gets hospitalized and goes back on the meds where he sort of realizes he's got problems, then goes off them etc etc.

So whether he realizes he is crazy at the exact moment of death is likely dependent on whether he took his meds or not. But it is almost certain that sometime before the fellow dies, he knows he acts irrationally.

On the other hand, I was called irrational on the phone by my father's doctor for trying to get the doctor to save my father's life-true story. He also tried to convene an ethics committee to look into me. So the line between irrational and rational can get blurry.

My mom stayed crazy to her last breath. So if they get better its in the next world.

New York is the best city on the face of the planet. I was born in Manhattan, I wear it like a badge.

I was totally destroyed over 09/11. My home, my country, the place of my birth. I'll never forget that day, and I still can't bring myself to go to Ground Zero. I avoid it, and have to be subjected to apologists.

Even those of us who werent born in NY will never forget either.

Every time I watch an old movie or see an old photo with the NY skyline pre 9/11, I get sad.

As I do with Brooklyn.

Not sure about crazy people. Max's question is more about the ambiguity between the "soul" of a man and his 'state of conciousnes'. I think theologians shy away from the problem, and psychologists/scientists won't acknowledge a soul...so we have an issue.

There is an account in the New Testament of a 'demon being driven out' of a person who is clearly having a simple epileptic seizure. Further, the healer was happy to let onlookers think there was a demon involved. While I'm a person of faith, and perhaps some healing took place, it's troubling to have to weigh this situation in today's medical terms.

I don't think this indicts my particular faith though, I think issues of mental health are an overdue discussion for most religious paradigms.

Archived