Red Dead Redemption

Maxman

I played through Gun (360 launch game) which was a wild west meet GTA game and I liked it at the time. This looks way better so I will be checking it out.

I have to give them credit because these games always seems focused on modern or future times. Some of the war games do retro but the wild west...great idea.

Just got it today, only played about an hour or so but looks great so far, if you like GTA style games and Westerns this is a no-brainer.

As opposed to GTA though this game benefits you on being good, there is an "honor system" and it benefits you not to just go around shooting everyone, but you can do that too if you like.

I'm sure this will have me MIA for a while especially since its summer break.

I just completed God of War III.

A friend (actually a client) suggested I get Modern Warfare 2, so I can play against him and the rest of their office (west coast) online.

I'm not that good at those realistic combat games... I just don't get into them... this Red Dead Redemption game looks awesome though... western theme, godfather, greek gods, all that stuff is fun... I am just not entertained by simulating modern day stuff...

I got it two days ago but only had about an hour to play it so far. Great game.. its pretty highly ranked on all the major sites too. The environment alone makes it worth taking a look at.. it's just plain cool.

Modern Warfare 2 was cool to play online but it gets old listening to little kids screaming into their headsets and acting like idiots.

Is it an open environment like GTA? Interested to see how they pull that off with the wild west setting.

It is cool to see them go with a different time period/location. I always wish someone put out a wild west or even an urban setting shooter using the same game engine that the realistic Call of Duty type games use. Not a big fan of the Rockstar engine.

I guess putting out a crips vs. bloods online shooter where thugs run and gun through city projects would be a little much - but it would be awesome.

EDIT: Should mention that my 360 recently got the ol' Red Ring of Death after about 4 years of service. So until I fix it, or buy a new one I won't be playing anything.

Is it an open environment like GTA? Interested to see how they pull that off with the wild west setting.

It is cool to see them go with a different time period/location. I always wish someone put out a wild west or even an urban setting shooter using the same game engine that the realistic Call of Duty type games use. Not a big fan of the Rockstar engine.

I guess putting out a crips vs. bloods online shooter where thugs run and gun through city projects would be a little much - but it would be awesome.

EDIT: Should mention that my 360 recently got the ol' Red Ring of Death after about 4 years of service. So until I fix it, or buy a new one I won't be playing anything.

Yeah it's an open environment. Think everything good about GTA but set in the wild west. Great storyline, great characters. Riding/lassoing horses, hunting for food, etc etc.

Yeah it's an open environment. Think everything good about GTA but set in the wild west. Great storyline, great characters. Riding/lassoing horses, hunting for food, etc etc.

I just have hard time picturing a west setting open like that. I heard the envirement was huge, but my definition of the old west is a small town - ya know the saloon, the general store, a few little shops and then a bunch of vacant land for miles till the next town. Thats just my thinking tho.

I'm sure they make it work, and I am interested to see how.

I played it for about an hour the night it came out. Pretty cool. Didn't get too far, I have to get over my bad habit of shooting my horse. Also shooting random people and having the town folk after me also slows down my progress a bit as well.

Really cool game though.

Game is frickin awesome!!!

Played Gun for PS2 awhile back...And this game is in many ways similar, but also a lot better. Better graphics (obviously), better storyline(s), smoother gameplay... This game is a MUST GET for anyone who is a fan of the GTA series, HALO series, and/or a fan of GUN.

BTW, its called Red DEAD Redemption, not Red Death Redemption. Just sayin'.

I just have hard time picturing a west setting open like that. I heard the envirement was huge, but my definition of the old west is a small town - ya know the saloon, the general store, a few little shops and then a bunch of vacant land for miles till the next town. Thats just my thinking tho.

And that's exactly how it is. You have to ride a WHILE to get to the next town, and in between is just a bunch of nothingness.

And like GTA you can do whatever you want. You can play a civilized game of poker then kill all 3 people once you're out of chips, and take their money. :lol:

Just be ready to get the hell out of the town if you do things like that though.

And that's exactly how it is. You have to ride a WHILE to get to the next town, and in between is just a bunch of nothingness.

And like GTA you can do whatever you want. You can play a civilized game of poker then kill all 3 people once you're out of chips, and take their money. :lol:

Just be ready to get the hell out of the town if you do things like that though.

Sounds pretty awesome. Wish I didn't have the red ring of death...

If you have a walmart by you, this can be 'fixed' easily.

Its funny you just posted this. I was asking around to see if someone knew how to fix it and a buddy of mine said the same thing.

Have you or anyone you know done this? They dont check the serial number? I'm not home so I can't check - my buddy said the serial number is a sticker that can be swapped.

I guess its worth a try, as I'll be buying a new one anyways.

Its funny you just posted this. I was asking around to see if someone knew how to fix it and a buddy of mine said the same thing.

Have you or anyone you know done this? They dont check the serial number? I'm not home so I can't check - my buddy said the serial number is a sticker that can be swapped.

I guess its worth a try, as I'll be buying a new one anyways.

I've done it about 2-3months ago. As far as the sticker/serial # goes, take a blowdryer on high heat and a razor blade and slowly peel it off and swap them. I had one of the launch consoles @ the time, and I bought the 360 Arcade to swap it with, there were some difference but luckily the chick who did the return didn't care as long as I had the receipt. She took it out the box and everything LOL. Gotta love Walmart and their low moral, also places like Costco, BJ's and Sam's will take them back with no questions, because of their membership policies, however they mostly sell the bundles that cost more. Check youtube for the sticker swap.

I've done it about 2-3months ago. As far as the sticker/serial # goes, take a blowdryer on high heat and a razor blade and slowly peel it off and swap them. I had one of the launch consoles @ the time, and I bought the 360 Arcade to swap it with, there were some difference but luckily the chick who did the return didn't care as long as I had the receipt. She took it out the box and everything LOL. Gotta love Walmart and their low moral, also places like Costco, BJ's and Sam's will take them back with no questions, because of their membership policies, however they mostly sell the bundles that cost more. Check youtube for the sticker swap.

Thanks man...

Also funny, I went and bought a hair buzzer at CVS yesterday. Got home opened it, and it was a dirty old busted up old buzzer covered in some gross ass hair. I was pissed, raced back to CVS and got a new one.

What about my harddrive? Can I just keep my old one? It shouldn't have anything to do with the RROD right? Correct me if I'm wrong the Arcade version doesn't even have a HDD right?

Thanks man...

Also funny, I went and bought a hair buzzer at CVS yesterday. Got home opened it, and it was a dirty old busted up old buzzer covered in some gross ass hair. I was pissed, raced back to CVS and got a new one.

What about my harddrive? Can I just keep my old one? It shouldn't have anything to do with the RROD right? Correct me if I'm wrong the Arcade version doesn't even have a HDD right?

Right, Arcade doesn't have a HD so just keep yours when you swap'em. I've had the switch-a-roo happen to me a few times, it sucks but whatever.

Right, Arcade doesn't have a HD so just keep yours when you swap'em. I've had the switch-a-roo happen to me a few times, it sucks but whatever.

Okay, after a little more research. Did microsoft start putting these out with HDMI hookups? Does the Arcade version have that? Because mine doesn't. People said they look for that.

Okay, after a little more research. Did microsoft start putting these out with HDMI hookups? Does the Arcade version have that? Because mine doesn't. People said they look for that.

Mine didn't have it either, it also had a metallic tray. The Arcade has a white face tray and HDMI. If they give you any problems just tell them when you opened it you noticed it was different and it didn't work, just make sure you change the serial before though. As long as you have the receipt with matching serial you're good to go, it also helps if you have a girl do the exchange if possible, also pay by cash too.

Mine didn't have it either, it also had a metallic tray. The Arcade has a white face tray and HDMI. If they give you any problems just tell them when you opened it you noticed it was different and it didn't work, just make sure you change the serial before though. As long as you have the receipt with matching serial you're good to go, it also helps if you have a girl do the exchange if possible, also pay by cash too.

I was gonna pay in cash, I don't need my name all over that ****.

Yeah, makes sense. Make it like you bought the previously returned broken one...

I just beat it, awesome game & storyline, tried the multiplayer for a few but it's pretty boring unless you've got some friends on there.

Without giving too much away--

I didn't like the ending all that much.

Is it co-op online?

Is it co-op online?

I think there's some DLC that you can download to do some missions but primarily there's a bunch of different game modes and then Free Roam where you can ride with a posse and just roam the entire world of the game fighting gang hideouts, doing challenges, killing other posses etc.

It's pretty freaking cool, like others have said it's GTA meets Western. Camera angles piss me off a little but it's pretty fun to play. Took a break, gonna hop on later to try the online aspect.

Archived