Jets discover best way to infuriate their fans

Kentucky Jet

This was the statement that was posted on NYJets.com this week:

■ The Jets will not sell individual PSL tickets on a game-by-game basis during the season, feeling it would be unfair to those fans who have made the commitment to purchase Personal Seat Licenses.

■ The team has no plans to further reduce PSL prices.

■ No Jets home game will be blacked out.

The JETS may not sell them. But if TICKETMASTER buys all the remaining unsold seats for the 2010 season then the JETS arent really selling them TICKETMASTER is. Theres a plan in place and money to be made.

The JETS may not sell them. But if TICKETMASTER buys all the remaining unsold seats for the 2010 season then the JETS arent really selling them TICKETMASTER is. Theres a plan in place and money to be made.

Ticketmaster doesn't do that, they are just an agent. They could go onto the ticketmaster secondary market and be sold at a premium i guess, but i don't see the jets doing that if they are truly serious about not angering psl fans. The jets would have to buy them and give them away in some fashion and take the loss as a writeoff of some kind. Maybe giving them to nj and ny police departments or something like that or some charities.

What is the average mez/lower bowl non club ticket price? Multiply that times 10,000 then times 8, seems like a lot of losses to absorb, is that why they got rid of fanaca and tj to save a few pennies? lol

PSLs are one of the most Ill-conceived ideas in football. The Jets get what they deserve with this. I hope it hurts Woody's pocket.

it would have worked out fine if they didn't put the "new york tax" on the pricing for a shared stadium in the jersey swamps. They could have priced them from 1,000-5,000 a seat, never had to spend a dollar on advertising/marketing, and not had to hire any sales staff, they would have sold themselves out instantly, and nobody in their right mind would have really b^tched.

It would have all been found money for the jets, plus they would have their new stadium with all the new concessions and retail to bring them inline with what the other stadiums in the league offer.

PSLs are one of the most Ill-conceived ideas in football. The Jets get what they deserve with this. I hope it hurts Woody's pocket.

The idea is fine the just didn't do their homework when they put them on the market for a price that was way above what the market felt was the right price.

It's one thing to have arbitrary prices when you don't need to sell the stadium out. What's interesting about the current NFL revenue stream that depends on a huge amount of network money is the NFL can't really afford to not have stadiums sold out because of the black out rule. This little piece actually makes ticket prices and PSL's much more or a market driven commodity than if there was no blackout rule in place. The teams really do need to fill the stadiums because it's directly tied into the TV revenue. That means prices have to be fair or at least fair in terms of supply and demand at a price to fill the stadium, which currently they aren't.

The current situation is simply showing that the NFL in the curent economic environment isn't meeting it's financial plan. Like all businesses they will have to make adjustments. The pending lockout, the cutting of older players with high salaries, lower prices, etc.

it would have worked out fine if they didn't put the "new york tax" on the pricing for a shared stadium in the jersey swamps. They could have priced them from 1,000-5,000 a seat, never had to spend a dollar on advertising/marketing, and not had to hire any sales staff, they would have sold themselves out instantly, and nobody in their right mind would have really b^tched.

It would have all been found money for the jets, plus they would have their new stadium with all the new concessions and retail to bring them inline with what the other stadiums in the league offer.

I think they could have even gone slightly higher for the prime seats, say 10k. The upper deck 1k like the Giants or maybe even do $750. The other seats 4k - 5k. Then you don't have to hire 20 PSL reps and do all that advertising.

It is a shame...

If it was reasonable I would have kept my 4 mezz sideline seats but I think their first attempt was 12k PSL and $400 per game (PER SEAT). Yeah, they missed by a pretty wide margin.

I think a more accurate title for this thread would be "NY media discovers best possible way to infuriate Jets fans."

I thought the title was funny for a different reason: that someone thinks this franchise has never found a good enough way to infuriate its fans in the past.

The Jets misread the economy and the market for their seats plain and simple. take a look at e-bay and Stub Hub could have given them a better clue on who and how many fans actually want to go to the games.

Archived