How awesome was 61*?

SenorGato

This movie always sucks me in...Just started on HBO.

Love the themes the movie touches...the on field and off field lives of two athletes...the sports writers trying to figure out what to write...the stuff they start to write...the stuff they believe and say once they write it...the whole playing in NY thing...the Ruth families reactions to the HR race...the fan attitudes...Definitely my favorite baseball drama.

I hated it. Brought back memories of what a jerk kid I was back then...so true how the fan base didn't like Roger and I was one of them. I was 13 back then and one summer afternoon (yeah, they played day games back then), myself and a few friends took the train down from Westchester Co and we had this spaldine (pinky) ball with us. We are sitting in the upper deck between homeplate and the Yankees dugout. We wrote every expletive you can think of on that ball against Roger and threw it down onto the field...ball boy retrieves it and throws it into the Yankees dugout...I wish I could take that back...stupid thing done by immature kids.

Awesome movie, and for me at 22 years old I couldn't help but notice how similar the Yankees and the fanbase were 50 years ago to how we are today.

Can't help but draw comparisons to the Jeter/Arod stuff when Arod first got to NY.

Archived