Boston Red Sox vs. New York Yankees @ Yankee Stadium Series Thread

Otter

Big week of games for the Yankees. 2 with the Sox, 2 with the Rays, then 3 against the Mets.

Boston Red Sox vs. New York Yankees @ Yankee Stadium

May 17 & 18

100px-RedSoxPrimary_HangingSocks.svg.png 100px-NewYorkYankees_PrimaryLogo.svg.png

Monday

7:05 YES & ESPN

28631.jpg vs. 28638.jpg

RHP Daisuke Matsuzaka (2-1, 6.35) RHP Phil Hughes (5-0, 1.38)

Tuesday

7:05 My9

4242.jpg vs. 4553.jpg

RHP Josh Beckett (1-1, 7.46) LHP CC Sabathia (4-2, 3.71)

Ugh. Those matchups are horrible for the Sox.

The pen will be destroyed after these two games.

Agreed.

So is Dice-K's 3 inning pitch (Assuming he lasts that long :bag:) count over or under 100?

Agreed.

So is Dice-K's 3 inning pitch (Assuming he lasts that long :bag:) count over or under 100?

Dice-K actually pitched really well last game for the Sox. Beckett has had an extended time off. The Yanks have thier best two starters going as they bumped Vazquez, again. It'll be interesting.

Dice-K actually pitched really well last game for the Sox. Beckett has had an extended time off. The Yanks have thier best two starters going as they bumped Vazquez, again. It'll be interesting.

What is more likely to happen? Dice-K goes 7 innings again? Or he goes 5 1/3 and has like 117 pitches?

I am not saying he will pitch bad, but he is what he is. I would be surprised if he strung two good game sin a row.

Right now Lester is the only pitcher in the Sux rotation who I fear.

Buchholz had a hiccup with the Yankee game but he has been very good this year. Wakefield has been good as a starter too when called upon, but he's in the pen. Lackey, Dice and Beckett have been very inconsistent and need to turn it around. That's a lot of money to be as mediocre as they have been this season.

Buchholz had a hiccup with the Yankee game but he has been very good this year. Wakefield has been good as a starter too when called upon, but he's in the pen. Lackey, Dice and Beckett have been very inconsistent and need to turn it around. That's a lot of money to be as mediocre as they have been this season.

Matsuzaka blows. This may be his last year in Boston. The Red Sox are not making the playoffs this year they suck bawls. Don't worry they will simply just sign Werth and Pena this off-season and get rid of the busts Ortiz, V-Mart and Beltre.

Matsuzaka blows. This may be his last year in Boston. The Red Sox are not making the playoffs this year they suck bawls. Don't worry they will simply just sign Werth and Pena this off-season and get rid of the busts Ortiz, V-Mart and Beltre.

You do realize the Yankees record about this time last season right? Anything can happen in a long baseball season.

And you obviously don't know what the term bust means, so I'll just let you slide on that.

You do realize the Yankees record about this time last season right? Anything can happen in a long baseball season.

And you obviously don't know what the term bust means, so I'll just let you slide on that.

In case you haven't noticed you have two far superior teams in your own division and this is the worst Sox team in recent years. You lost Bay for nothing. V-Mart is overrated. Beltre sucks and Ortiz is at best a 20 hr 80 rbi guy without the steroids now.

Do you think the whole FO got stoned and somebody said, "You know what would be funny? Let's get Chan Ho Park!" After the laughter died down, somebody else said, "Yeah! And Nick Johnson, too!"

His first blown save of the season. Why would you have no faith in him? He has been one of the few bright spots.

Just seems like he's always pitching out of trouble this year.

Maybe it's just me.

Archived