Buccaneers | Rattay Acquired from San Francisco

Smizzy

Nice move by the Bucs....real nice, considering they lost their starter with an ACL tear last week.

Rattay isn't great, but has been very good for the 49ers, when you consider the teams lack of talent.

If Ratt can stay away from the 4th quarter interceptions, he'll be fine.

If the Jets wanted a short-term fix, Ratt would've been very viable (at the right price), I think.

Picking up Rattay for the Bucs is different than if we had done it. First, I am not sure we had the cap room to make it happen. Second, the Bucs are well on their way to a playoff spot, so you do what you have to to protect that run. It is clear that Rattay is not going to save our season. I bet the compensation for Rattay is at least a 5th rounder. The other factor that people forget is that Tampa's need came the week of the trade deadline while ours came while Alex Smith was still on the bench earlier in the season. I am sure compensation for Rattay has changed since our need.

Every team has cap problems. If the Jets need to sign players to field a team, they should be redoing contracts to open up cap space. We have no cap space because we choose to have no cap space. They can cut players or renegotiate contracts to get cap space. Using the no cap space excuse not to solve problems makes no sense.

Archived