Remember the old days when Sawx fans thought the Sawx owned Mariano?

JonEJet

It is awesome.

But to Thor's point, it appears that Mariano's blown saves are inordinately slanted against the Red Sox.

I don't see why this is surprising.

1) The Yanks and Red Sox are divisional opponents. Over Mo's career, of course the divisional opponents are more likely to have a lot more save opportunities.

2) I don't know if Thor is counting postseason stats, I'm too lazy to account for it myself. But the Yanks and Red Sox met in the postseason all the time in addition to the regular season.

3) Over Mo's career, among divisional opponents, the Red Sox by far have been the best offensive team. Only in the past 3 years have the Rays become a good team. The Orioles and Blue Jays have either sucked or been mediocre for a while now.

4) Fenway park is a hitter's haven.

The Sux owned Mariano back when they had an actual offense. Their offense is mediocre now after letting Bay go for nothing, Ortiz no longer using steroids and relying on Victor Martinez to be a big-time run producer. Expect the Sux to go hard after Werth and Pena in the off-season and maybe even going after Pujols though they obviously have a much better shot at the first two.

The Sux owned Mariano back when they had an actual offense. Their offense is mediocre now after letting Bay go for nothing, Ortiz no longer using steroids and relying on Victor Martinez to be a big-time run producer. Expect the Sux to go hard after Werth and Pena in the off-season and maybe even going after Pujols though they obviously have a much better shot at the first two.

They didn't let Bay go for nothing. They have been or will be compensated with high draft picks. And how is he doing in NY anyway? .278 and 1 HR? Damn, Sox could really use that.

The Sox offense is fine. The pitching has been suspect.

They didn't let Bay go for nothing. They have been or will be compensated with high draft picks. And how is he doing in NY anyway? .278 and 1 HR? Damn, Sox could really use that.

Bay went from hitting in the hitter's paradise bandbox Fenway to hitting in the grand canyon Citifield. Ofcourse his numbers were going to nose dive. If he stayed in Boston he'd still be a 20 hr 100 rbi guy without a doubt. Both the pitching and the offense suck.

Bay went from hitting in the hitter's paradise bandbox Fenway to hitting in the grand canyon Citifield. Ofcourse his numbers were going to nose dive. If he stayed in Boston he'd still be a 20 hr 100 rbi guy without a doubt. Both the pitching and the offense suck.

He could have stayed in Boston, he chose to go where the money was. He knew what he was getting into in Citi field.

It's quite obvious the offense does not suck. It's on pace to score over 950 runs. The pitching will right itself eventually.

He could have stayed in Boston, he chose to go where the money was. He knew what he was getting into in Citi field.

It's quite obvious the offense does not suck. It's on pace to score over 950 runs. The pitching will right itself eventually.

And you know this how? First off, you have two Asian pitchers that you depend on...one a starter and another in the pen. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Except for Nomo, Asian pitchers are flashes in the pan. One of these days MLB teams will wise up and not sign these guys because once ML hitters get use to these imported pitchers, they are mediocre at best, if that.

LMAO @ comparing stats from the Mets 5000 foot field compared to Fenway

if Bay was at fenway he'd probably still have the .280-esqe average but his power numbers would be far superior to anyone else on the Sawx lineup

Archived