It's that time again -- Massachusetts edition

LoneStarLady

What a piece of garbage this guy is.

http://www.wpri.com/dpps/news/strange_news/cops-say-man-tries-to-trade-baby-for-beer-jgr_3365212

Cops: Man tries to trade baby for beer

Matthew Brace, 24, charged with child endangerment

Updated: Tuesday, 18 May 2010, 1:46 PM EDT

Published : Tuesday, 18 May 2010, 7:54 AM EDT

CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) - A father was allegedly caught trying to trade his infant baby for beer at a Chicopee gas station on Monday.

The incident occurred at the Pride Station on Burnett Road in Chicopee around 1 p.m. Monday.

Chicopee Police Sgt. Christopher Lareau told 22News that 24-year-old Matthew Brace of Northampton allegedly offered his 3-month-old daughter to a maintenance man working outside in exchange for two 40-ounce beers.

The infant's mother, 31-year-old Wendy Arsenault, was inside the Pride store at the time.

Brace allegedly put the baby and a stroller in the worker's truck and said: "For two 40s, you can have her." The worker then called police.

Officers later found the couple at the nearby Econo Lodge, where the had been living on public assistance.

Chicopee Police Chief John Ferraro Jr. told 22News he is unsure if Brace was trying to exchange the baby for beers or for crack cocaine.

Brace was not arrested, but he was summoned to court on charges of reckless endangerment of a child. Sgt. Lareau said Arsenault was not involved in the crime.

22News spoke with Arsenault over the phone Tuesday morning. She said she had no idea what was going on because she was inside the store and that she would never put her baby in harm's way.

The infant girl is now in the state's custody.

Brace was scheduled to be arraigned in Chicopee District Court on Tuesday, but his court appearance has been postponed because he is in the hospital. Police refused to comment on why Brace was hospitalized.

Has a North Vs. South civil war started amongst JNers via loony news? I hope so.

I was just giving props to 27Dom for a great thread title -- though trading a child for beer does sound like something that would happen down south. ;)

But I'm sure there is enough looney news and stupid people doing stupid things to go around for everyone. :biggrin:

I was just giving props to 27Dom for a great thread title -- though trading a child for beer does sound like something that would happen down south. ;)

But I'm sure there is enough looney news and stupid people doing stupid things to go around for everyone. :biggrin:

Haha, I'm just jokin.

I've drivin through parts of Massachusetts and thought I hit a time warp that placed me in the South.

Thanks!

You have to admit that Floridians seem to have a special place in their hearts for fast food establishments. My capo and I have been trading stories about fast food violence for a couple of years now.

Haha, I'm just jokin.

I've drivin through parts of Massachusetts and thought I hit a time warp that placed me in the South.

Having lived here for 8 years and lived all over the state (and lived in the south for a spell)... I agree completely. Some places are scary. Only thing missing is southern kindness and a bojangles on every corner.

Sounds like it was at a reservation gas station. If so , and it's native land , is it a crime at all ? Just askin ..... :P

Nah... Chicopee is a sh!tty town on the outskirts of Springfield. Thats why this dumb kid is on public assistance. He doesnt know how to maximize his return on his investment. 2 beers for a baby is not a good deal, especially with all the goodies you get for having a kid. He would have been better trading his WIC and food stamp "winnings" for some beer and crack.

Baby was ugly. Wasnt worth much.

Honestly it's like trading for a full time job. 3 month aged children are a ton of work. If it was like a 10 year old who could at least mow the lawn, walk the dog, or at least dress them damn selves might have been worth a Heiniken mini keg.

I do hope they find a fitting home for the child and both of those parents(?) hurry up and die of an overdose.

Honestly it's like trading for a full time job. 3 month aged children are a ton of work. If it was like a 10 year old who could at least mow the lawn, walk the dog, or at least dress them damn selves might have been worth a Heiniken mini keg.

I do hope they find a fitting home for the child and both of those parents(?) hurry up and die of an overdose.

Overdoses can take a long time at 40 oz per.

Question.

Is there one state that has a worse rep than the others or is the brunt of jokes more than the others or is it pretty much even?

Florida seems to be the state where a disproportionate amount of these kinds of stories tend to come from.

Archived