LOST Mafia Game Thread

Vicious89x

lost-open-o.gif

Oceanic Flight 815 crashed into an Island in the Pacific Ocean. Most of you have fought to seek a way off the island, and 6 of you did find your way back into the real world. But you all knew you had to return to the island, there was something missing inside of you when you left the island. Some of the others who stayed behind experienced time travel, as the Island flashed back in time into the 70’s. You made a life for yourselves on the island and life was going pretty good until the 6 who left returned. They initiated certain events that bring us back to our current day.

Upon your return, something happened, something changed. One of you seemingly rose from dead. In the end this was all part of an elaborate plan by the Man in Black to find a loophole. The result of your return to the island is the Man in Black has now found a way to get off this island. Nothing will stop him from achieving this goal, and nobody will stand in his way. Now, a war has broken out on the island. The Man in Black wants to leave this island, and with his departure, will bring death and destruction into the world you come from.

He will not be reasoned with, and he will kill all of you on his way out. It is up to you to eliminate the Man in Black and any of his recruits. Beware, he has lived for thousands of years and will use any resources to survive and kill you all in order to get off this island.

Roster

1. BRETTFARVE4EVA (Brettw4rd)- Checked in

2. Bleedin' Green- Checked in

3. SMC- Checked in

4. TEH SMEXY CRUSHER- Checked in and fabulous.

5. Pac- Checked in

6. Slats- Checked in

7. AVM- Checked in

8. Verbal- Checked in

9. CTM- Checked in

10. Smashmouth- Checked in

11. JiF- Checked in and ghey

12. Hess- Checked in

13. DPR- Checked in

14. Sharrow

15. Lily- Checked in and wants the Sawyer/Sayid Eiffel Tower

16. JVOR(y)- Checked in

17. Naenn- checked in

18. shutout- Checked in

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RULES:

Absolutely NO out-of-thread communications may be either entirely or partially quoted, screen-capped or in any other way directly provided within the game thread (summaries of PMs for purposes of role reveals is allowed, however).

Similarly, You may not reveal the name you were provided with, not even a hint in the slightest degree. I will not be lenient with this. DO NOT HINT at who you are, this is your only warning. If someone wants to guess who you are you can neither confirm nor deny.If you have a power I will strip you of it for that day/night phase. Do it again and I will modkill you.

We all know what the spirit of the game is, and we all know when certain actions, even if not expressly forbidden, fall outside of the spirit of the game. For purposes of this game, I have commissioner of baseball like powers to sanction conduct that violates the spirit of the game, even if not expressly forbidden, up to and including modkilling the player and lying in their role reveal. If you have any question at all whether something you plan to do crosses the line, ask me first. This is your one and only warning.

Format: We will be running a normal mafia format with lynches during the day and night actions during the night. Days will run for 72 hours or until a majority is reached (unvoting after a majority will not count) - but Day 1 will not have a deadline unless there is a need for it. Night will end in 24 hours or when I receive all night actions – so if you have a night action available but choose not to use it, please PM me to tell me “no Night Action”. The clock will not run on the weekend, so try not to lynch on a Friday clip_image001.gif

Please note that the 29th is Memorial day. I will suspend all actions on this day, but conversation is still encouraged/allowed.

Phase: A phase is either Day or Night (in most cases), where Days usually involved voting for lynches and Nights usually involve submitting night actions, such as Night Kills.

Cycle: A complete Day and Night cycle, like Day 1 and Night 1 together make up a complete cycle. Some powers last for a complete cycle while others only for that particular phase.

Actions: Night actions will occur instantly, unless otherwise specified. This means that two people night-killing each other will both die (unless one is saved somehow) . Any action not submitted by the deadline will be forfeit for that phase and I will only accept the first action submitted. Once you send in your action, that’s it! (No take backs!) So be sure of your decision! I'm here to talk it through if you need help. I will keep the Night phases open until deadline unless I receive all potential actions available for that phase, but will close the Day when a majority has been reached even if people have unused Day Actions. If you do not wish to use your action during a particular phase, please send me a PM stating that your intention to not use it so that I can cross you off the list.

Night Actions: These are actions that can only be submitted during the night phase. Most night actions should specifically state that it can only be used each night, but if you have any questions about this, please contact me immediately.

Communication: You are not allowed to communicate about this game to anyone outside this game thread, unless specifically authorized.

Inactivity: There is no official penalty for inactivity; however, any good mafia player knows that the less active the player, the more likely they are to be the next on the chopping block. So do your part to participate, you will not regret it. If you drop off entirely, or need to, let me know and I will try to replace you if at all possible. Some of you I have already spoken with about this, so if you suddenly find yourself unable to keep up, simply notify me and we can work something out.

Dead Player Posts: FORBIDDEN! If your player dies, you get one death reaction post that cannot contain any game information other than an ACK! I DIED!!! GO INNOCENTS or something.

Editing Posts: Absolutely Forbidden. If you want to change something you said, quote yourself and correct it – but this is like high school. Once you post something on the thread, it goes on your permanent record. Seriously guys, I don’t care if you edit it for some reason like “I meant to say but”. Just post another post and rewrite it. I will not be lenient with this. I will warn you once and then it’s an instant mod kill

Quoting the Mod/Revealing Mod Pics: You may not quote anything I say in PM. You can paraphrase all you like – or lie about it, of course – but you may not post a “quote” from me in an attempt to prove your bona fides

Invisibility: It is not a requirement, but is to your advantage to use invisible mode.

For those of you unfamiliar with the show the Man in Black is capable of converting Islanders . A character by the name of Ben Lynus is in charge of a group called the "others" who are enemies of the Islanders....

So... just from my knowledge of the characters my initial guess would be CL (man in black), and small scum team led by Ben Lynus - who would probably be the GF.

I watched this show for a little while and then there was a polar bear on a tropical Island. I was done then...plus I couldnt get into any of the characters...

but that wont stop me from being the all time mafia player that I am!!!

For those of you unfamiliar with the show the Man in Black is capable of converting Islanders . A character by the name of Ben Lynus is in charge of a group called the "others" who are enemies of the Islanders....

So... just from my knowledge of the characters my initial guess would be CL (man in black), and small scum team led by Ben Lynus - who would probably be the GF.

Vote Pacturd... out of character.. As a raging hemmorroid ahole, he's never ever been helpful in anyway, to anyone

Vote Pacturd... out of character.. As a raging hemmorroid ahole, he's never ever been helpful in anyway, to anyone

Why don't you cool your jets speedy... Half the people that signed up made a point of saying they knew nothing about the show at all including our new lady friends.

Before I start calling our new guests idiots I want to at least tell them a little something about the greatest show of all time.

Checking in.

I know nothing about Lost, and it looks like I'm going to have a lot of questions. Just picked up my kids for the afternoon, I'll catch up and ask when I get back later.

Why don't you cool your jets speedy... Half the people that signed up made a point of saying they knew nothing about the show at all including our new lady friends.

Before I start calling our new guests idiots I want to at least tell them a little something about the greatest show of all time.

Awww, you're showing off for the ladies! What a sweetie!

I'm here, and yeah, I know the main characters from the beginning. Sawyer and Sayid are HOT, so make sure they don't get lynched, 'kay? I have OTHER plans for them. ;-)

I promise I won't vamp you guys all game, but this is just check-in.

I watched this show for a little while and then there was a polar bear on a tropical Island. I was done then...plus I couldnt get into any of the characters...

but that wont stop me from being the all time mafia player that I am!!!

Are you freakin' kidding me? That hardly qualifies as watching "for a little while". That was the second episode of the entire series. God, you are the suckiest suck that ever sucked.

I'm here, and yeah, I know the main characters from the beginning. Sawyer and Sayid are HOT, so make sure they don't get lynched, 'kay? I have OTHER plans for them. ;-)

That fits just as well as the original

MOD NOTE: I am in a meeting from 2:30-3:30 and then off to the gym and will not be back at a computer until 5 PM. This is 8 PM for you guys. If anyone wants to volunteer and keep the check-ins rolling and if everyone checks in please start the game.

To be honest, I found it odd that the Man in Black is the ONLY person identified in the opening scene as a clear scum role. Given the timing this game seems to have in the show, I would actually guess there is no "Others" mafia, and the primary mafia group is led by the MIB. Whether he can convert or he just has a team consisting of people who have aligned with him, with Claire being an obvious one and other options ranging from Sayid to even Jack (although I find that less likely).

My guess is we're probably looking at a pretty roled-up game here, given the source material and how excited Vic is about this game. Jack is an obvious candidate for the doc, Sawyer could easily be a vig, and even players like Sayid, Hurley and Kate are all high-probability of roled if I had to guess. There's about 10 different possibilities in this game for lover / sibling roles as well (hell, Kate could be a lover with like 8 different people at this point, that dirty dirty girl).

The point being, I'm guessing this is a very heavily roled game and we're probably better off playing through it and piecing things together then trying to figure things out based on the source material, the primary reason being is with how many people don't know this show, and how confusing the story is even if you are a die-hard fan, I feel like we're a lot more likely to get it wrong than right.

Vote: Lily

It's only been a day and I'm still bitter.

Feelin' the love, there, cutiepie.

That fits just as well as the original

Oh. Dear. Lord. :rl:

MOD NOTE: I am in a meeting from 2:30-3:30 and then off to the gym and will not be back at a computer until 5 PM. This is 8 PM for you guys. If anyone wants to volunteer and keep the check-ins rolling and if everyone checks in please start the game.

You in my time zone? Stellar!

To be honest, I found it odd that the Man in Black is the ONLY person identified in the opening scene as a clear scum role. Given the timing this game seems to have in the show, I would actually guess there is no "Others" mafia, and the primary mafia group is led by the MIB. Whether he can convert or he just has a team consisting of people who have aligned with him, with Claire being an obvious one and other options ranging from Sayid to even Jack (although I find that less likely).

My guess is we're probably looking at a pretty roled-up game here, given the source material and how excited Vic is about this game. Jack is an obvious candidate for the doc, Sawyer could easily be a vig, and even players like Sayid, Hurley and Kate are all high-probability of roled if I had to guess. There's about 10 different possibilities in this game for lover / sibling roles as well (hell, Kate could be a lover with like 8 different people at this point, that dirty dirty girl).

The point being, I'm guessing this is a very heavily roled game and we're probably better off playing through it and piecing things together then trying to figure things out based on the source material, the primary reason being is with how many people don't know this show, and how confusing the story is even if you are a die-hard fan, I feel like we're a lot more likely to get it wrong than right.

I hate to be suspicious this early on, but this one pinged my scumdar slightly. I think ANYTHING the mod says is worth noting, and why would someone suggest we not pay much attention to it? I'm new here, so I'm asking you all - is that normal for here?

Recruitment DOES seem very likely to me, much more so than a standard 25% scum game. Regardless though, you are right -- in most games, this one included, it's best to wait and let the game come to you (i.e. see what happens during the first and sometimes second day/night phases)

Recruitment DOES seem very likely to me, much more so than a standard 25% scum game. Regardless though, you are right -- in most games, this one included, it's best to wait and let the game come to you (i.e. see what happens during the first and sometimes second day/night phases)

Reading up on it the Man In Black imitates a lot of life forms, so it fits in with the source material.

Checking in... Since Bleedin has figured out the whole game I'll vote for him.

I never watched one episode. I downloaded the entire series a while back then got too busy to watch it. Ive heard good things about it though except for JIF's Polar Bear Incident.

I hate to be suspicious this early on, but this one pinged my scumdar slightly. I think ANYTHING the mod says is worth noting, and why would someone suggest we not pay much attention to it? I'm new here, so I'm asking you all - is that normal for here?

I agree with Bleedin on this and I think you're misreading what he said.

He said that we shouldn't focus on the source material (the Series on TV) and, instead, focus on the game. Bleedin' didn't say to ignore what Vic says. Players have made that mistake in the past.

I'm inclined to take to heart anything Vic has written rather than pass anything off as flavor.

Feelin' the love, there, cutiepie.

Oh. Dear. Lord. :rl:

You in my time zone? Stellar!

To clarify, I'm not talking about ignoring what the mod says, quite the opposite actually. I specifically pointed out that the mod made reference to the MIB, but no reference to the Others, which I thought was worth noting. My point was not to sit here and argue the 1,000 different possible ways this game could be structured based on 6 seasons worth of a TV show. If it's mentioned by the mod then great, but otherwise we could be speculated for weeks.

Archived