Nick Folk already blows. We need a PK.

He also helped lose the Atlanta game AND the Indy AFC Title game. How quickly you forget how unclutch Feely has been his entire career.

He may be better than Folk, but PK's have much less value than what Taylor might be able to bring us. Unless you have one of the elite kickers (are there any anymore?), you can find a guy like Feely anywhere.

Taylor, meanwhile, got 7 sacks last season in a system that didn't even use him correctly. I'm excited to see what Rex can do with him (although I still hate Taylor as a person).

Is there anyone we've picked up who was in a system that didn't kill him? Our systems are universal/plug and play, unique amongst the league? We're such lucky bahstids then...

Is there anyone we've picked up who was in a system that didn't kill him? Our systems are universal/plug and play, unique amongst the league? We're such lucky bahstids then...

Well we were the # 1 defense in the NFL by far last season, despite losing Jenkins to injury, despite not having an adequate # 2 corner, despite a 4-game suspension for Pace, despite getting nothing out of a # 6 overall pick, and despite lackluster play at the FS position. So, yes, players who come to play for us are coming to a better situation.

Look at Cromartie. He's been locked into playing zone the last 2 seasons, and his production declined. Under Rex, he's going to play almost exclusively man-to-man, and won't really be asked to help support against the run.

As for Taylor, look at his comments. Already he's intrigued by our system and where he's going to fit in. Ryan is a master at getting the most out of his front 7.

The proof is in the pudding.

I have never, ever, ever in my entire life seen people whine and cry over the release of a thoroughly mediocre, run-of-the-mill kicker like Jay Feely. What is with you people?

I've rarely ever seen a kicker reach the ranks of "mediocre" with the Jets, and now we've gone back to "god awful". Sometimes the mediocre is your best option.

Because Feely had the shanks when it counted, and you could argue that Folk/other reject kicker we get + Jason Taylor > Feely.

Obviously, but thats not the point. Why folk? The guy was an embarassment last season. Was/Is there no better option?

I hate Jason Taylor, but Rex is right: Taylor > Feely.

The Jets are going to score more points this year regardless of who their kicker is. If Folk doesn't work out, they'll pick up a cut from another team. This is such a non-issue. Why do Jet fans need drama?

I dont hate any 2 players in sports more than I hate Jason Taylor and Brett Favre...lol...but thats besides the point.

Its not drama. My question is why Folk? He's terrible. I guess it doesnt matter cuz in the end we will do exactly what you said, but its still a head scratcher...for me at least.

Archived