Google TV

Maxman

Heard about this yesterday, Mark Cuban was tweeting/blogging about it.

He was saying its unique selling point will be its gaming. Apparently, it will be able to sync up with Android phones and run their apps on the TV. And by doing so it will provide a super cheap gaming console. Obviously the games wouldn't be on par with the graphics of the next gen consoles but I think thats the point.

I know theres a large group of people out there that would rather play regular old nintendo or sega genesis because anyone can just pick up and play. Not like new games where you actually have to put in time to learn. So it does make sense.

Disclaimer: That's what my reading comprehension got out of Cubans blog, I could be completely wrong.

Edit: Here's the link to Cubans blog post on it http://blogmaverick.com/2010/05/20/the-future-of-google-tv-is/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogmaverick%2FtyiP+%28blog+maverick%29&utm_content=Twitter

Heard about this yesterday, Mark Cuban was tweeting/blogging about it.

He was saying its unique selling point will be its gaming. Apparently, it will be able to sync up with Android phones and run their apps on the TV. And by doing so it will provide a super cheap gaming console. Obviously the games wouldn't be on par with the graphics of the next gen consoles but I think thats the point.

I know theres a large group of people out there that would rather play regular old nintendo or sega genesis because anyone can just pick up and play. Not like new games where you actually have to put in time to learn. So it does make sense.

Disclaimer: That's what my reading comprehension got out of Cubans blog, I could be completely wrong.

Edit: Here's the link to Cubans blog post on it http://blogmaverick.com/2010/05/20/the-future-of-google-tv-is/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogmaverick%2FtyiP+%28blog+maverick%29&utm_content=Twitter

Android (google's O\S) is really going to change things. Because they tie into the ad platform. First they did it with adsense on sites, now with android they have mobile ads and next up is shaking up the TV landscape.

I am a big fan of what apple has done. But the open nature of google really makes things much more interesting now.

Android (google's O\S) is really going to change things. Because they tie into the ad platform. First they did it with adsense on sites, now with android they have mobile ads and next up is shaking up the TV landscape.

I am a big fan of what apple has done. But the open nature of google really makes things much more interesting now.

The whole open source thing is what makes google. Its like the first big evil corporation that isn't big and evil.

Man, I love Google! I seriously hope they take aim at Crapcast, competition is always good.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Man, I love Google! I seriously hope they take aim at Crapcast, competition is always good.

Word. Same with Cablevision.

Both comcast and cablevision are using set top box technology thats like 10 years old. They run so god damn slow, it takes a whole second for the channel to change after I hit the remote. So when you scroll through, you get ahead of yourself. Try to stop on something you like and you land 5 channels after it. Fios is much better in that regard.

BTW - Imagine a time traveler from anywhere before the 20th century reading posts like this. He'd probably knock me out for being such a whiny bitch.

Ditch the IR blaster or this will be another WebTV. It needs built-in tuners if it really wants to unify the multiple-video source thing in a simple way. It's going to have to partner with the cable companies to be useful, and those companies aren't going to like alternate video sources taking away from their on-demand stuff.

Might as well just get an HTPC.

Archived