We need to bring back the old JN

gangreenman

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Link?

I don't even know what the eff perspective has to do with the level of entertainment garnered from this site to be honest.

Football talk can happen pretty much anywhere. You are always going to get the following: a few guys with level heads, homers, trolls, and sky is falling drama queens.

What makes or breaks the site is the nonsense threads... It all boils down to one thing. Sense of humor.

Right now, most of the guys with the good senses of humor are pre-occupied with teh mafia games and not contributing to the rest of the site.

I've found that, while many of the guys here are cool, they are also a little uptight and would be served well by lightening up an laughing at nonsense every now and again. This is almost exclusively what I hope to get out of using this site... football talk is what I do when I can't think of something redonkulous to talk about.

Is it all about the guys for you? ;-)

Not sure how to put it. And again, I dont want to bash you as you put your own money into this site as well as your "sweat and blood" if you will. You started this site just over five years or so now and it has become the largest Jets forum on the internet in that time. So obviously, you are good at what you are doing/have done with this place.

I guess the point I was trying to make was that this place used to be more fun, in my opinion, because it was the site that was created by a group of JI outcasts who just wanted to post and have fun. An example of how thats changed... Well, JR128, DWC, and the like used to be able to write threads about just about anything without getting banned. Banned was not something that was at all common back then. Instead of banning, the rest of the board would have fun at their expense. Today you locked a thread and banned a person for starting a false thread about Fireman Ed's death. Now Im not defending creating false threads about peoples deaths... But IMO that person would not have been banned so quickly if he started the same thread 3 or 4 years ago. Would he be the subject of a lot of abuse from the board? absolutely. And deservedly so, and it would be funny. Some of my fondest memories of this place were in threads of a bunch of posters going back and forth with one poster (DWC, JF5180, JR128, etc).

Again, you built a great and successful Jets site. Thats not easy to do, I know that. You asked me, so thats my opinion. Still enjoy the place and appreciate the site, just not the same way I used to.

The problem is that this site is no longer fresh. Its no longer new. Everyone knows what JN is about now. There are no surprises anymore. We know all the main characters and what they're about.

This is the normal evolution of a message board. I think Max and Co. have done a great job in delaying the inevitable collapse of JN. What this board needs is a group of people who are sick and tired of JN to run off and start their own board so the cycle can start all over again. :Ban:

This site hasnt changed. People were banned before 2008. The guy today would have been banned day 1 for that sh!t. And the whole DWC and 128&friends would have been fine if some people (like myself) wouldnt have gotten their panties in a bunch over their ridiculous posts.

This place is still the same. Its just the newer people here havent carried the torch our forefathers left for us. The originators have moved on to something else. Now its time for an evolution at JN. Its time for the newer people to stop waiting for the board to be exciting. Its time for people to step up and make this place what they want it to be.

People want this place to be fun and off the wall? Then make it that way. Find funny stories. Discuss stupid topics. Heck, villian is playing the role of DWC/128 very well (except for the fact he isnt mentally screwed in the head! :)) He's a sh!t stirrer who has a different view on the world and life. And his chick is a cutie!!! :):):)

All Im saying is.... Dont wait. Post. Even if it is stupid. Sure many threads people start are duds. But sometimes there are winners. Like this thread. Its a winner.

Love,

LBS-

All Im saying is.... Dont wait. Post. Even if it is stupid. Sure many threads people start are duds. But sometimes there are winners. Like this thread. Its a winner.

Love,

LBS-

The "Max is a horrible human being" thread had GREAT potential and yet, there it sits at the bottom of the page.

See what I'm sayin'?! lol

The "Max is a horrible human being" thread had GREAT potential and yet, there it sits at the bottom of the page.

See what I'm sayin'?! lol

I wanted to post in there and rip him apart... but after meeting him this past season..... I just cant. Now that he's a real person I cant be mean to him. He's already suffered enough in life.

We gotta make a change...

It's time for us as a people to start makin' some changes.

Let's change the way we eat, let's change the way we live

and let's change the way we treat each other.

You see the old way wasn't working so it's on us to do

what we gotta do, to survive.

Is it all about the guys for you? ;-)

Hey man, I call everyone "the guys."

Too many friggin broads on this site too... the men at this site have gotten so used to watering down discussion so as not to offend the girls, that they have let their guard down... hence gay ass thread like the Hot Man thread, which isn't actually funny... but the men here have convinced themselves that the pseudo-gay talk will pass as funny because the girls approve. :rolleyes:

We gotta make a change...

It's time for us as a people to start makin' some changes.

Let's change the way we eat, let's change the way we live

and let's change the way we treat each other.

You see the old way wasn't working so it's on us to do

what we gotta do, to survive.

2pac2xf.jpg

Without Chad Pennington, there is no message board.

This is actually the most logical reason I've heard so far.

Life was much better when the Jets were always there to kick you in the balls and bring you down to earth.

The problem is that this site is no longer fresh. Its no longer new. Everyone knows what JN is about now. There are no surprises anymore. We know all the main characters and what they're about.

This is the normal evolution of a message board. I think Max and Co. have done a great job in delaying the inevitable collapse of JN. What this board needs is a group of people who are sick and tired of JN to run off and start their own board so the cycle can start all over again. :Ban:

This site hasnt changed. People were banned before 2008. The guy today would have been banned day 1 for that sh!t. And the whole DWC and 128&friends would have been fine if some people (like myself) wouldnt have gotten their panties in a bunch over their ridiculous posts.

This place is still the same. Its just the newer people here havent carried the torch our forefathers left for us. The originators have moved on to something else. Now its time for an evolution at JN. Its time for the newer people to stop waiting for the board to be exciting. Its time for people to step up and make this place what they want it to be.

People want this place to be fun and off the wall? Then make it that way. Find funny stories. Discuss stupid topics. Heck, villian is playing the role of DWC/128 very well (except for the fact he isnt mentally screwed in the head! :)) He's a sh!t stirrer who has a different view on the world and life. And his chick is a cutie!!! :):):)

Love,

LBS-

I nominated this for POTW.

Oh wait, we don't do that anymore. :rolleyes:

Love,

LBS-

Nothing good can last forever... I hear that argument. Maybe the JN attitudes "honeymoon" has run its full course.

Okay, that was a scary thought on more then one level.

So essentially you're claiming the mass JI exodus of 08 ruined JN for the pre '08 mirgraters.

Go **** yaselfs.

Just caught that reference. Didn't get the 2008 thing before. Have to say that I disagree with that theory big time.

Love,

LBS-

That is a really good post. The only reason I am surprised is that it came from such a sh*tty poster. :-P

Hey man, I call everyone "the guys."

Too many friggin broads on this site too... the men at this site have gotten so used to watering down discussion so as not to offend the girls, that they have let their guard down... hence gay ass thread like the Hot Man thread, which isn't actually funny... but the men here have convinced themselves that the pseudo-gay talk will pass as funny because the girls approve. :rolleyes:

We worked hard back in the day to get the girls to approve of the gay threads. It wasn't easy.

Oh.... wait, what?

I am saying the gay threads aren't politically correct. Yet, they are accepted.

Hard work my friend. Hard work.

You can take a taboo topic and make it seem okay. Persistence is the key.

Im sure that is part of it as well. At this time I would like to switch my blame from DWC to the mafia threads.

I've never actually opened a Mafia thread. There always seems to be a few hundred posts in them each time I show up here, so I can't be arsed wading through them.

Teh mafia rulez.

It's still DWC's fault that the Jets were horrible in 2007. he kept ****ing up our game threads.

And TBH GGM..dont twist things. I love the Jets but I just hate Rex Ryan and his big mouth. the pressure is on the rotund head coach this year ;) if he gets a super bowl all is forgiven. the Jets will sink or swim on how he coaches this year.

64 posts and no one mentions me????

WTF????

I hate most of you!

we need more lyrics and monty python threads ...

:D

Read the title again. OLD JN.

Of course they were talking about you!!!

Without Chad Pennington, there is no message board.

Although this might be a joke. It's 100% the truth.

Everyday there was a Chad argument going on - Barton, 124 and Smizzy against ecurb2369, DWC and myself.:D

Awesome times! Maybe not for the Jets but for JN.

I agree with everything the OP said, place isn't the same for whatever reason.

Im sure that is part of it as well. At this time I would like to switch my blame from DWC to the mafia threads.

Don;t mock what you don;t understand. You talk about refuges? Mafia thread is full of refuges. I followed the mafia goodness here, and I call it home now. Sorry for your loss. Have a Snickers, they are good.

Archived