NIGHT STALKER

It is

the

VETERAN

who serves

under the Flag

preparat.jpg

POTW Nom.

"A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in This country who no longer understand it." Author Unknown

Way to go, NS.

20060727-4_v072706db-0059jpg-515h.jpg

Thank you to all of the brave men and women, past, present and future in every branch of our military. GBA. I'll keep the goodies coming. And hey, a letter from home, it doesn't matter who you are and who gets it, it means a lot. Pick up a pen, peeps.

Thanks to all who have ever served and will ever serve. GOD Bless them all.

My father was in the Navy in WWII and just died a few months ago. We had a military service at his buriel. It was really special. When the sailor presented me with the folded flag, it was really touching and a moment my family and I will always treasure.

My father was in the Navy in WWII and just died a few months ago. We had a military service at his buriel. It was really special. When the sailor presented me with the folded flag, it was really touching and a moment my family and I will always treasure.

So sorry to hear about your Dad's passing D. May he rest in peace.

Sorry to hear of the passing of your dad Den. I had 12 relatives (my dad and 11 uncles all deceased) serve in that great war (lost an uncle on D-day) and they are leaving us at an alarming rate. I rarely agree with Tom Brokow, but they truly were America's greatest generation.

Sorry to hear of the passing of your dad Den. I had 12 relatives (my dad and 11 uncles all deceased) serve in that great war (lost an uncle on D-day) and they are leaving us at an alarming rate. I rarely agree with Tom Brokow, but they truly were America's greatest generation.

Brokow couldn't have been the first to say that. I thought they was derived from the Great Depression and the Great War. But no matter who said it, it was definitely the greatest generation of Americans.

Brokow couldn't have been the first to say that. I thought they was derived from the Great Depression and the Great War. But no matter who said it, it was definitely the greatest generation of Americans.

I know he has a book out with that title.

qffsv35leqywvlcz5r8nhzs.jpg

Thanks Bill.

It is so true. That generation is a treasure and it is so sad to see them leaving us.

Now that I think about it, this thread really is about you and your problems.

How about you GFY, since u can't tell the difference between a serious post & one in jest. My dad was in the Army

How about you GFY, since u can't tell the difference between a serious post & one in jest. My dad was in the Army, take your faggy whining somewhere else douche.

Thanks to both of you for ruining what should be a tribute thread for those who have fought and died for this country.

Thanks to both of you for ruining what should be a tribute thread for those who have fought and died for this country.

I didnt ruin anything, Bruce banner is always following me around JN with his snotty remarks, when i was clearly not being serious. If its that serious to you feel free to delete my posts in here.

I didnt ruin anything, Bruce banner is always following me around JN with his snotty remarks, when i was clearly not being serious. If its that serious to you feel free to delete my posts in here.

Of course it's a serious thread DLJ...myself or another poster that cares has usually posted something of reference on Memorial Day and Veteran's Day...and like other years, I expect a certain sect not to post in this thread and they never fail to disappoint...hey, it's these posters (and they know who they are) will just never get it.

"For those that will fight for it ...FREEDOM...

has a flavor the protected shall never know".

How about you GFY, since u can't tell the difference between a serious post & one in jest. My dad was in the Army

You said your family moved from Jamaica to Canada and then to here and you have a sister still living in Canada. So in this short time your dad was in the Army?

Ditto, except for me it was last year.

I don't know about the greatest generation, but my father was a great man who joined the Navy at 17 to fight for something he believed in. He was always proud of his service, and was one of the rare "active" members of the local Legion up until his death.

I have great respect for anyone's who's served in the armed forces, and the utmost respect for anyone who lost their lives in defense of the country.

somewhat off-topic: My nephew, 15 1/2 years old. Smart. Athlete. Great grades. Lots of friends. Good looking kid. Charmer. Anyway, he has it in his head that he wants to attend West Point. That is his ultimate goal. I am both proud and scared. Weird.

Archived