*** Official 2010 World Cup Thread ***

The Gun Of Bavaria

Johannesburg will be a home game for the Dutch. This is karmic payback for coming in second in '74 and '78 against teams playing at home.

FWIW, all this talk about Germany having a young team that is primed to win in '14 is insane. Brazil at home is the lock of the century.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terrible game to watch. No flow, awful referring (what else is new), chippy play. But, Spain was the better team and they won with a great pass by Cesc and finish by Iniesta. Hopefully Fabregas stays with Arsenal.

**** the World Cup. Overrated tournament anyways but that one was compeletely ****.

While I somewhat enjoy the WC spectacle, it's popularity and the immenseness of the event, I'm glad it's over. It was really fukking up my Cubbie baseball watching at the sports bars. Now I can grieve uniterrupted.

So, the floppers beat the cloggers. An atrocious final, I did like De Jong's kung fu kick though.

Still, that's it til Brazil 2014.

No more vuvuzelas, well, not as many of them, though I can't help think that they're here to stay - (thank you to that steward who confiscated the one at the Waterford match Friday night - though you should have gone through with your threat to ram it up the idiot's arse).

4 more years of hurt for England. Long may it continue.

And if Sepp Blatter really wants to improve football, put Kim Jong-Il in charge of all disciplinary matters - with executing powers. That North Korean team were brilliant, no diving, no whining to the ref, no waving imaginary cards etc. That's how it should be done. And if it means Cristiano Ronaldo's Frankenstein clone kid has to grow up with his father slaving in a salt mine for diving, so be it.

If Ghana have any sense, they'll try to get passports for Karl Bermingham and Philly Hughes for the next world cup - the guys are penalty scoring machines.

Seriously though, it was a terrible World Cup. I'm actually glad I missed a few games to watch the Mons - the quality and entertainment was much better. And the Airtricity League had better refereeing - which is saying something.

So, the floppers beat the cloggers. An atrocious final, I did like De Jong's kung fu kick though.

Still, that's it til Brazil 2014.

No more vuvuzelas, well, not as many of them, though I can't help think that they're here to stay - (thank you to that steward who confiscated the one at the Waterford match Friday night - though you should have gone through with your threat to ram it up the idiot's arse).

4 more years of hurt for England. Long may it continue.

And if Sepp Blatter really wants to improve football, put Kim Jong-Il in charge of all disciplinary matters - with executing powers. That North Korean team were brilliant, no diving, no whining to the ref, no waving imaginary cards etc. That's how it should be done. And if it means Cristiano Ronaldo's Frankenstein clone kid has to grow up with his father slaving in a salt mine for diving, so be it.

If Ghana have any sense, they'll try to get passports for Karl Bermingham and Philly Hughes for the next world cup - the guys are penalty scoring machines.

Seriously though, it was a terrible World Cup. I'm actually glad I missed a few games to watch the Mons - the quality and entertainment was much better. And the Airtricity League had better refereeing - which is saying something.

It sucked. After watching the highlights a few times I've decided that what really happened is that both teams choked and NED choked more. What an awful final game.

I think if the ref had kicked out de Jong there is a small chance it might have forced NED to play a real game. We'll never know.

Archived