*** Official 2010 World Cup Thread ***

The Gun Of Bavaria

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
South Africa wants to use the WC to impress the world but all people are going to remember about them is these stupid horns.

Could you imagine going to an NFL game, and some dude next to you was blowing one of those the entire game!?! He'd have to get it surgically removed from his arse if he sat around me.

South Africa wants to use the WC to impress the world but all people are going to remember about them is these stupid horns.

True, they are a nightmare, I'll be hearing them in my sleep.

Altidore so close there. USA look very dangerous, Carragher cant cope with the pace of the strikers.

Absolutely impossible to judge now. Remember how dodgy Italy and France looked in '06 and early on and where they ended up.

Good point. I'm glad we drew England with our first match of the World Cup, our speed caught them off guard, and they weren't able to finish some plays they could have. Slovenia next!

Good point. I'm glad we drew England with our first match of the World Cup, our speed caught them off guard, and they weren't able to finish some plays they could have. Slovenia next!

The speed didn't catch them off guard, it was just dempsey's shot that did it. Why does Green start for england? James has been the more consistent keep, although he has made his mistakes. England were the better team for the majority of the game, just couldn't finish it. I still expect England to win the group. A draw's enough for the both of them.

I'm in two minds over the result. I'm delighted we got a draw and shut those England wankers up, but I can't help think the three points were there for the taking. England were utter sh*te. I think the US were just a little too cautious, we should have been getting the ball to Altidore as much as we could in that second half - Carra couldn't deal with him.

Watched with as open a mind as a could because it was an event. And it lived up to my expectations, as limited as they were. It was entertaining. I will never get the added time at the end of half. Sounds like a way to play mischief in a close game. Those horns are a joke.

Wonder how Green goes back to England after effing up like that, and suspect more than a few people in jolly O'England want their Italian coach to explain why Green played after that.

Any idea why the English dumped the St.George's Cross design for the 3 Lions?

Wonder how Green goes back to England after effing up like that, and suspect more than a few people in jolly O'England want their Italian coach to explain why Green played after that.

I don't think you can pull the keeper mid-game and COMPLETELY kill his confidence. The grass was wet and the ball was slippery; sh** happens. To his credit, he did do a pretty nice job in the 2nd half, including that save on Altidore's run.

Still, I expect that James will start for England against Algeria, as little a threat as they are to England.

Okay I admit, I don't watch much soccer...just the WC when it comes around every whatever years it is. So, yesterday I turn on the US/GB match and hear this humming noise (like a ****ing beehive) through the tube and thought at first it was my TV...can anyone tell me WTF that noise is. It is very annoying (to me anyway)...do they do that **** in soccer games here in the states or is that just a foreign thing? Damn, it was driving me crazy that I had to turn the volume down.:violent5:

Okay I admit, I don't watch much soccer...just the WC when it comes around every whatever years it is. So, yesterday I turn on the US/GB match and hear this humming noise (like a ****ing beehive) through the tube and thought at first it was my TV...can anyone tell me WTF that noise is. It is very annoying (to me anyway)...do they do that **** in soccer games here in the states or is that just a foreign thing? Damn, it was driving me crazy that I had to turn the volume down.:violent5:

They only do it South Africa and only for around 10 years or so.

It's an African thing and I agree that it's annoying as hell. They should ban them from the stadium.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5ghUbctrzM88GqP_A_qJZppPbhjVw

World Cup organizer mulls vuvuzela ban

JOHANNESBURG

I think they should call them vulvas.

Far be it from me to agree with Frenchy, but he's right. In the mid 70s a-holes started bringing airhorns to pro sports in the US. Every sports league banned them.If you were caught with one, you were tossed. And people gave the horn guys up because who the hell wants to listen to that. The World Cup organizers have to ban that vuvla BS. It almost ruins their broadcasts.

Far be it from me to agree with Frenchy, but he's right. In the mid 70s a-holes started bringing airhorns to pro sports in the US. Every sports league banned them.If you were caught with one, you were tossed. And people gave the horn guys up because who the hell wants to listen to that. The World Cup organizers have to ban that vuvla BS. It almost ruins their broadcasts.

Every time someone talks about banning the horns someone shouts "racism!" and people back down.

In the words of FIFA head Sepp Blatter "we should not try to europeanise an African World Cup."

+1. I hope that anyone that is constantly blowing one of things gets a friggin coronary and dies on the spot. I can't listen to 3 1/2 more weeks of that migraine inducing noise.

I watched the highlights of the Germany vs Australia game, holy eff does Germany look good. I feel like driving to the nearest Indian reservation and betting on them to win the whole thing. I also watched the Algeria vs Slovenia highlights, both of these teams are useless. Even if you combined them into one team it would still suck. If the US can't make it into the second round against such feeble competition I am going to have a heart attack.

Archived