*** Official 2010 World Cup Thread ***

The Gun Of Bavaria

F**king utter f**king c**trag of a f**king spastic referee.

Every f**king time the ball was in the Slovene penalty area, US players getting hauled down, and every f**king time, the c**t gives a free out.

C**t needs to be f**king shot.

Anybody know any Colombians who are looking for work?

Can we get a 2 for 1 with the Spanish ref from the first game?

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Disgraceful decision. In fact there were about 3 penalty appeals in there for the US. You guys were absolutely screwed and ruins what was the game of the tournament.

Donovan's goal was sexual. Put the ****ing fear of God into the keeper.

Sucks that you guys were ****ed over like that, gives you glimpse into our world. I still think you guys will get through, just beat Algeria by more than one goal.

beating algeria by more than one won't clinch it either

US needs help to advance

if england wins as expected they have four and us has 2 and slovenia has 4

us needs to win to get to 5 and then hope slovenia loses

if slovenia and england tie it would come down to differential

Bradley: "Still don't know why the goal was disallowed"

"what are the players saying?"

Bradley: "No one knows why the goal was disallowed"

donovan: "I don't know how they stole that goal from us. I don't know what the call was. They couldn't tell us what the call was."

beating algeria by more than one won't clinch it either

US needs help to advance

if england wins as expected they have three and us has 2 and slovenia has 4

us needs to win to get to 4 and then hope slovenia loses

if slovenia and england tie it would come down to differential

Slovenia will not beat England, doubt it will even be close.

US beats Algeria, they'll go through IMO.

Seriously, I am in utter shock if that guy doesn't lose his job. He took away Findley for next game with a terrible call, stole a goal from us, and consistently called in favor of Slovenia. He tried making up for it by issuing yellow cards, but too little too late.

if us beats algeria by 2+ I think that would also clinch

put us at 5 points and would win a tiebreak with slovenia if they tied england

if they beat england, then england is out, even if they beat algeria

so us controls own destiny but has to win by 2+

Seriously, I am in utter shock if that guy doesn't lose his job. He took away Findley for next game with a terrible call, stole a goal from us, and consistently called in favor of Slovenia. He tried making up for it by issuing yellow cards, but too little too late.

He won't be sacked. Sepp Blatter will see to that, with his love for all things African. Or rather, his playing up to Africa in order to keep his job as head of FIFA.

He won't be sacked. Sepp Blatter will see to that, with his love for all things African. Or rather, his playing up to Africa in order to keep his job as head of FIFA.

It's pretty ridiculous. I mean outside of the obvious devastating call he made, the ENTIRE game seemed to be called against the US. He started handing out yellow cards to Slovenia in the second half, but that was after they were mugging our players the entire game.

GROUP C STANDINGS

1) Slovenia 4 pts +1 GD 3 Goals

2) USA 2 pts 0 GD 3 goals

3) England 2 pts 0 GD 1 goal

4) Algeria 1 pt -1 GD 0 goals

USA gets in with either:

1) WIN over Algeria

OR

2) TIE Algeria, tie between England-Slovenia (with the stipulation that England does NOT end up with more total goals than USA)

That US goal the ref disallowed was prolly the cleanest scoring play in the whole world cup. Losers all over the world are jerking off to that bad call right now.

Cleanest on the part of the scoring team.

The Slovenians committed at least two uncalled fouls, most notably the dude grabbing Bradley all the way around the torso. Someone ask FIFA is that's now a legal maneuver.

Watching You're on Sky Sports right now.

God, I f**king love watching the In-Ger-Lund fans having a collective meltdown every major tournament. :rl::rl:

And apparently a fan managed to break into their dressing room and confronted Beckham. :mrgreen:

Haha, was listenin to 5 live afterwards. ****ing hilarious!

Drop Rooney, drop Lampard, drop Gerrard! Sack Capello! Beckham for England manager!

:rl:

I can't help but to think that those things would be great to use when the opponent's offense is on the field ....... Hmmmmm

The fans in my section wanted to beat a guy to death for constantly blowing a whistle at one game last year. Blowing a vuvuzela would make that a reality.

****ing typical Italians!

He's not Italian. lol..hes an American living in Italy. kind of like how Panzer is an American living in Ireland. (you did move back to that car port in Ireland, right Panzer?) :evil2:

even FIFA has sort of conceded that the ref screwed up

http://www.sportingnews.com/soccer/article/2010-06-18/report-us-slovenia-ref-coulibalys-world-cup-might-be-finished

Koman Coulibaly, the referee who disallowed what would have been the go-ahead goal for the United States against Slovenia on Friday, faces an expedited performance review from FIFA and is likely to be barred from the rest of the World Cup, Yahoo! Sports reports.

It's still unclear why Coulibaly disallowed Maurice Edu's 86th-minute strike, which could have given the U.S. a remarkable victory. The Americans fell behind 2-0 in the first half but rallied to tie the game in the second half. No team has even won a World Cup game after trailing 2-0, including the U.S., which had to settle for a 2-2 draw Friday.

The referee is monitored during every World Cup match by an on-site assessor, according to Yahoo! Sports, but a deeper review of Coulibaly's performance will take place as soon as possible. The hurry suggests FIFA is taking American complaints about Coulibaly seriously and is likely to end his World Cup prematurely, a FIFA source close to senior figures on the refereeing panel told the website.

=-=====

at least there's that, even though this doesn't help the US (other than if they advance, he won't be able to screw them again).

What happened to the idea that African teams would rule an African world cup? Only Ghana is in a good position right now.

I have to say that my prediction that Argentina would self destruct doesn't look very good right now but I am sticking with it. Maradona can't stay sane for very much longer.

argentina will self-destruct

only a matter of time

refs have favored the african sides so far, but they've pretty much sucked

ivory coast is going to need to at least draw against brazil or else they're in serious danger of not advancing.

Archived