*** Official 2010 World Cup Thread ***

The Gun Of Bavaria

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was listening to local sports radio a little while ago and the host brought up an interesting point. The "Ugly American" stereotype sure is taking a hit this world cup. The French act like babies when things don't go their way, the Flopping Italians' coach storms off the field after they lost, An Algerian players hits a female journalist. Meanwhile the USA is not only trying to defeat it's opponent, but the refs as well....and handle themselves with up most class. I'm with 'Lil Bit - eff the world! LOL!

Forza azzurri! lmao

Thank goodness I won't have to see a bunch of Jersey Shore rejects driving around with Italian flags on their guido rides this time around....

Saw such a lad yesterday driving around Brooklyn. He can now use his flag to clean his car. Do feel bad for the pizzeria and salumeria owners. Most are good guys and the old posters of Italia's last win are going to get much more yellow over the next 4 years.

91 minutes of pure torture. A perfectly good goal disallowed, Algerian keeper making save after save after save. Some truly woeful misses, and then one moment of sheer, if a bit lucky, magic.

And hopefully Germany will win tonight, and proceed to knock those condescending English c**ts out in the next round. Them and their f**king E-A-S-Y group crap. Who topped the group? Not f**king Eng-er-lund.

23ha7o6.jpg

:rl:

****ing idiots.

I was listening to local sports radio a little while ago and the host brought up an interesting point. The "Ugly American" stereotype sure is taking a hit this world cup. The French act like babies when things don't go their way, the Flopping Italians' coach storms off the field after they lost, An Algerian players hits a female journalist. Meanwhile the USA is not only trying to defeat it's opponent, but the refs as well....and handle themselves with up most class. I'm with 'Lil Bit - eff the world! LOL!

Agreed. We may root for very different teams in the states, but we're Americans, and there's a lot to be proud of.

Agreed. We may root for very different teams in the states, but we're Americans, and there's a lot to be proud of.

Not to condone those actions but as you know soccer is a matter of life and death in many countries around the globe so emotions and expectations are a lot higher than here in USA.

Not to condone those actions but as you know soccer is a matter of life and death in many countries around the globe so emotions and expectations are a lot higher than here in USA.

Not to condone those actions but as you know soccer is a matter of life and death in many countries around the globe

Not in Italy and France. They're millionaires, and the only thing they have to lose is good press. They're whiny babies, not Colombians or Africanas who had tough upbringings. BIG difference.

It appears that that, while the rest of the world has seemingly been complaining about the World Cup ball, the Japanese have spent their time figuring out exactly how to use it.

While everyone has been over-shooting the goal on free kicks, Japan scored 2 goals on free kicks in their win over Denmark today, perfectly placing them, softly, into the corner of the goal.

Japan will be a dangerous opponent for Paraguay.

a brit said the following

The World Cup is like World War II. The French give in early, the USA turn up late & we're left to fight the Germans.

my addition:

Also, the Italians are unable to win a battle and the Japanese come up with a sneak attack that surprises nearly everyone.

a brit said the following

The World Cup is like World War II. The French give in early, the USA turn up late & we're left to fight the Germans.

Also, the Italians are unable to win a battle and the Japanese come up with a sneak attack that surprises nearly everyone.

He left out the part where the USA wins the day. :yahoo:

Both of my sides are heading home (Australia & New Zealand). The Aussie's got F'd up the arse against Germany by losing Cahill with 40 minutes left down 2-0. If that score had held up then they might have had a chance to make it through the group.

It didn't help that Kewell (Cahill's replacement) was sent off with 65 minutes remaining against Ghana.

New Zealand, where I was born, has nothing to hang their heads on. They played phenomenal defence and were a metre away from beating those flopping Italians.

The Japanese were superb in their set pieces today.

Lets go USA!

Not in Italy and France. They're millionaires, and the only thing they have to lose is good press. They're whiny babies, not Colombians or Africanas who had tough upbringings. BIG difference.

So the problem with the French team is their too white. I guess your following the sport via radio.

Forza azzurri! lmao

Thank goodness I won't have to see a bunch of Jersey Shore rejects driving around with Italian flags on their guido rides this time around....

LOL. During the last World Cup I taped Italy's quarterfinal match and was going to watch it after work. I was sitting at a red light 2 blocks from my house when a caravan of Italian fans went past blasting their horns and waving the Italian flag. There was no need to watch the game after that.

I didn't see the England game as I was watching the US game on the stupid red button, but I was flicking between the analysis afterwards, and it was hilarious the differences between the two channels attitude towards the England perfomance, and the RTE lads literally dying laughing after Defoe's "interview" was classic.

I've been watching RTE almost exclusively this world cup, because I'm just sick of the s**te the other channels come up with. Adebayor? Just get him a translator. Shearer and Lineker? Snide smug c**ts.

Yet the BBC are excellent compared to ITV.

Can't wait for the Germany-England game, just for the fact it'll stop all this f**king 1966 ****. And their "revenge" for the couple of hundred times they've lost to the Germans since. Shame the Luftwaffe couldn't send a few Stukas to bomb Sky News.

Haha!

ITV is absolutely horrible. Just everything about them - Awful. Paying that **** Chiles

It appears that that, while the rest of the world has seemingly been complaining about the World Cup ball, the Japanese have spent their time figuring out exactly how to use it.

While everyone has been over-shooting the goal on free kicks, Japan scored 2 goals on free kicks in their win over Denmark today, perfectly placing them, softly, into the corner of the goal.

Japan will be a dangerous opponent for Paraguay.

That is Japan's approach to everything.

For example, when the US adds a requlation requiring all cars to have some new safety feature and gives all car companies 4-5 years to start adding them the American companies whine about how much it will cost to add the new item, the Japs figure out how to add it inexpensively and then role it out 3 years earlier than the US companies and advertise how their cars are safer.

I read somewhere that the reason African teams have been such a disapointment might be the vulva horns. With these horns blowing the crowd sounds the same to the team which is the crowd favorite and to any team the crowd doesn't like. So there goes home field advantage for South Africa and regional support for the African teams.

Also, is it a coincidence that southern hemisphere teams are doing so well? Oz and NZ didn't make the second round but they did better than expected. All the teams on the southern end of South America are doing well.

Archived