3. D'Brickashaw Ferguson

4. Nick Mangold

5. Kris Jenkins

6. Bart Scott

7. Braylon Edwards

8. David Harris

9. Calvin Pace

10. Shawn Ellis

next 5 hon. mention: Bryan Thomas, Shonn Greene, Damien Woody, Santonio Holmes, Dustin Keller.

1. Darrelle Revis

2. Mark Sanchez

3. D'Brickashaw Ferguson

4. Nick Mangold

5. Kris Jenkins

6. Bart Scott

7. Braylon Edwards

8. David Harris

9. Calvin Pace

10. Shawn Ellis

next 5 hon. mention: Bryan Thomas, Shonn Greene, Damien Woody, Santonio Holmes, Dustin Keller.

No Gholston?

if health is not a concern,you would have to put jenkins at the #1 slot

Revis is considerably better at his position. The Jets lived without Jenkins...Ilosing Revis would be catastrophic imo.

Jenkins wears down too easily to be considered the best player on the team.

Revis is considerably better at his position. The Jets lived without Jenkins...Ilosing Revis would be catastrophic imo.

While I agree wholeheartedly that Revis deserves the # 1 slot, I think Pouha did a great job replacing Jenkins last year, and that's why we didn't miss him as much. Lito Sheppard and Dwight Lowery as starting corners last season, now that would have been a scary thought.

This year, at least we have Cromartie and Wilson.

i disagree.if given any player you wanted first to assemble your 3-4 defense,nose tackle would be my choice,and,again,if health was not an issue,it would be jenkins.

i realize the jets did pretty good without jenkins last year.but with a healthy jenkins,they could have been alot better.probably #1 against the run instead of #7 or 8.

one could possibly argue that if cromartie and wilson work out,that revis could miss some playing time for some reason or another,and the defense wouldnt miss a beat.maybe not #1 against the pass,but still have the overall #1 defense

i disagree.if given any player you wanted first to assemble your 3-4 defense,nose tackle would be my choice,and,again,if health was not an issue,it would be jenkins.

i realize the jets did pretty good without jenkins last year.but with a healthy jenkins,they could have been alot better.probably #1 against the run instead of #7 or 8.

one could possibly argue that if cromartie and wilson work out,that revis could miss some playing time for some reason or another,and the defense wouldnt miss a beat.maybe not #1 against the pass,but still have the overall #1 defense

This I agree with.

I take more of a you build inside out type philosphy when approaching value and building a team. That said, if I had to pick a player (health issues aside) to start a franchise, I'm taking a Kris Jenkins type over a Revis. And before the injury bug hit Jenkins...he would have been my #1 pick to start a franchise outside of your top tier QB's over anyone in the league. The guy completely changes the dynamic of the game.

When I watch Jenkins on the field, I expect every play to be his last. He's not an every down player plus he's delicate.

Back issues, knee issues, weight issues.

I love when Jenkins is on the field, but there's a clear difference from him week 1 to week 16.

I dont think Revis has ever come out of a game.

When I watch Jenkins on the field, I expect every play to be his last. He's not an every down player plus he's delicate.

Back issues, knee issues, weight issues.

I love when Jenkins is on the field, but there's a clear difference from him week 1 to week 16.

I dont think Revis has ever come out of a game.

You know it's because of this I was hoping Cody would fall to us in rd 2 but the damn Ravens snatched him up. He's going to be good. Hopefully Pouha continues to play at the level he did last year.

You know it's because of this I was hoping Cody would fall to us in rd 2 but the damn Ravens snatched him up. He's going to be good. Hopefully Pouha continues to play at the level he did last year.

Terrence Cody is unlikely to be good because he's fat.

Did you see his 40 time and splits?

1. Gholston

2. Revis

3. Jenkins

4. Mangold

5. D'Brick

6. Harris

7. Scott

8. Holmes

9. Cotchery

10. Pace

No. 11 would be Edwards

I'd love to put Sanchez and Greene on this list, and Sanchez is more important to the Jets' success than most of the other names there (except Gholston, of course), but they aren't there yet. Sanchez needs to show serious development in year 2, and Greene needs to show he can carry the load without the nicks that slowed him last season.

Hadn't really considered making one because I think its pointless. However, I definitely would have "Shaun" Ellis on there, not Shawn Ellis, like you have.

whoop whoop the grammar police

still waiting for your list...

The Jets lived without Jenkins...Ilosing Revis would be catastrophic imo.

agree with this... Mark Sanchez is maybe #2 on the list of most catastrophic losses list... things this team cannot overcome... so he's #2 on my top 10... wherever he is in his development, it doesn't matter he's super important to the team. they need him to play well to have a chance.

Yikes.

You can't discount Jenkins' injuries. A major factor in Jenkins becoming available to the Jets was his injury history in Carolina. Nevertheless, Revis is by far number one. Cromartie is super fast and has been a good ball hawk in his career but he is a miserable tackler who shies away from contact and is a zero in run support. And Wilson hasn't played a down in the NFL. You are seriously undervaluing Revis by stating that the Jets "wouldnt miss a beat" without him. The guy is exceptional at every facet of CBing, including tackling and run support.

Respectfully, your post is misguided.

Yikes.

You can't discount Jenkins' injuries. A major factor in Jenkins becoming available to the Jets was his injury history in Carolina. Nevertheless, Revis is by far number one. Cromartie is super fast and has been a good ball hawk in his career but he is a miserable tackler who shies away from contact and is a zero in run support. And Wilson hasn't played a down in the NFL. You are seriously undervaluing Revis by stating that the Jets "wouldnt miss a beat" without him. The guy is exceptional at every facet of CBing, including tackling and run support.

Respectfully, your post is misguided.

I don't remember reading that anywhere. We got Jenkins in 2008. The last game he'd missed was in 2005. The reason he was available to us was because Jenkins and Fox hated the sight of each other. With that, Fox and Carolina mistakenly thought Damione Lewis would take his place without missing a beat since Kemoeatu was so enormous himself.

Ordinarily I'd agree on a NT being much more important than a CB for a team that runs a 3-4. Revis is not "a CB" though. I'd place Revis over Jenkins because he's just about the only CB in the league capable of being a lockdown corner with today's sissy PI rules.

Archived