California Mom Finds Kidnapped Daughter on Facebook

Lil Bit Special

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/30/ca-mom-finds-kidnapped-daughter-facebook/?test=latestnews

A father is behind bars, arrested for allegedly kidnapped his own children from California 14 years ago, and bringing them to Central Florida to live.

For years, investigators have been searching for him, but it was the social networking website Facebook that delivered the break it took more than a decade to get, MyFoxOrlando reports.

Faustino Utrera is now charged with two counts of kidnapping, and two counts of violating child custody orders.

According to the Osceola County Sheriff's Office, Utrera was at a bus stop on Wednesday at about 2:30 in the afternoon, waiting to pick up his 16-year-old son from school, when he was taken into custody.

Faustino's 16-year-old son and 17-year-old daughter had been attending celebration high school. Investigators said the family of three had actually been living in the palm key mobile home park in Polk County.

Investigators said that in 1995, Utrera took his two kids from the family's San Bernardino, California home and disappeared.

Then just last march, investigators said the mother of the children was on Facebook and found her daughter. When she began conversing online, her very own daughter, who hadn't seen her since she was 3 years old, told her mom she wanted nothing to do with her and deleted her Facebook page.

San Bernardino authorities issued an out-of-state arrest warrant, and this past Wednesday, Osceola County deputies caught up with Utrera.

We know Faustino's daughter is about to turn 18, and she officially graduated from celebration high school on Thursday night. For now, both children are in the custody of the State of Florida.

Click here fore more on this story from MyFoxOrlando.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/30/ca-mom-finds-kidnapped-daughter-facebook/?test=latestnews

A father is behind bars, arrested for allegedly kidnapped his own children from California 14 years ago, and bringing them to Central Florida to live.

For years, investigators have been searching for him, but it was the social networking website Facebook that delivered the break it took more than a decade to get, MyFoxOrlando reports.

Faustino Utrera is now charged with two counts of kidnapping, and two counts of violating child custody orders.

According to the Osceola County Sheriff's Office, Utrera was at a bus stop on Wednesday at about 2:30 in the afternoon, waiting to pick up his 16-year-old son from school, when he was taken into custody.

Faustino's 16-year-old son and 17-year-old daughter had been attending celebration high school. Investigators said the family of three had actually been living in the palm key mobile home park in Polk County.

Investigators said that in 1995, Utrera took his two kids from the family's San Bernardino, California home and disappeared.

Then just last march, investigators said the mother of the children was on Facebook and found her daughter. When she began conversing online, her very own daughter, who hadn't seen her since she was 3 years old, told her mom she wanted nothing to do with her and deleted her Facebook page.

San Bernardino authorities issued an out-of-state arrest warrant, and this past Wednesday, Osceola County deputies caught up with Utrera.

We know Faustino's daughter is about to turn 18, and she officially graduated from celebration high school on Thursday night. For now, both children are in the custody of the State of Florida.

Click here fore more on this story from MyFoxOrlando.

ungrateful bitch

Easy to jump to conclusions on all fronts. The dad could have taken the kids because mom was a nut job crackhead! Or, he could have made up some story and told the kids mom was a bad person when in fact she may not be. Bottom line is I find it odd not one thing is mentioned about the dad's reasoning for taking them in the first place. The laws of this country and individual states heavily favor the mother. A mother with a sketchy lifestyle will still likely win out a custody battle over an upstanding father. I worry every day about the safety of my son when he is with his mother. What the father did may not have been the right thing to do, but under the right circumstances I can at least understand why he would.

This.

Easy to jump to conclusions on all fronts. The dad could have taken the kids because mom was a nut job crackhead! Or, he could have made up some story and told the kids mom was a bad person when in fact she may not be. Bottom line is I find it odd not one thing is mentioned about the dad's reasoning for taking them in the first place. The laws of this country and individual states heavily favor the mother. A mother with a sketchy lifestyle will still likely win out a custody battle over an upstanding father. I worry every day about the safety of my son when he is with his mother. What the father did may not have been the right thing to do, but under the right circumstances I can at least understand why he would.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Exactly.

That's 100% correct and in VA 210%.

Archived