Javy Vazquez not dead yet

Blackout

silently, Javy has earned his 4th win with a dominating performance over Baltiwhore tonight

if Javy can be even AVERAGE from here out this season this team is taking the AL again

oh and Tampa Bay's pitching is coming down to Earth again :D

Is this a serious thread? I'm confused.

No surprise here. You're a Sox fan...totally one-sided in your views and totally confused.

Anyway, back on topic...not ready to put Vazquez in Cooperstown yet, but he has improved.

Javy Vazquez's last 5 games (4 starts):

3-2, 2.77 ERA, 26 IP, 18 H, 8 ER, 8 BB, 23 K.

And don't bring up the competition factor. He still has pitched well. ERA has been much improved.

No surprise here. You're a Sox fan...totally one-sided in your views and totally confused.

Anyway, back on topic...not ready to put Vazquez in Cooperstown yet, but he has improved.

Javy Vazquez's last 5 games (4 starts):

3-2, 2.77 ERA, 26 IP, 18 H, 8 ER, 8 BB, 23 K.

And don't bring up the competition factor. He still has pitched well. ERA has been much improved.

Wrong. I give props when they're warranted. For example: I believe Morneau deserves the All Star nod way over Tex. So do Miggy and Youk. I haven't seen the latest numbers but last I saw, Tex was leading. Outrageous. See, props for other players than Red Sox.

Don't bring up the competition factor? He's been dodging good offensive teams, but don't bring that up. Sure. Makes sense. Improved? Sure, but he's going to have to face quality line-ups sooner or later. If the Yankees make the post-season, I doubt he cracks their rotation. The Yankees need to thank their lucky stars Hughes has been as good as he has and Pettitte has found the fountain of youth. Or more HGH.

Wrong. I give props when they're warranted. For example: I believe Morneau deserves the All Star nod way over Tex. So do Miggy and Youk. I haven't seen the latest numbers but last I saw, Tex was leading. Outrageous. See, props for other players than Red Sox.

Don't bring up the competition factor? He's been dodging good offensive teams, but don't bring that up. Sure. Makes sense. Improved? Sure, but he's going to have to face quality line-ups sooner or later. If the Yankees make the post-season, I doubt he cracks their rotation. The Yankees need to thank their lucky stars Hughes has been as good as he has and Pettitte has found the fountain of youth. Or more HGH.

If Pettitte runs out, just make a call to Papi. Listen, he's probably like the 4 or 5 starter on the Yanks. He doesn't have to pitch lights out against everyone...4 or 5 starting pitchers don't have to. Was he expected to be pitching a lot better than he has...hell yeah. But, I'll take what he's doing now and that's what this thread is all about.

You're a bigger homer than anyone else on this board...this is what 2 rings do for you I guess.

Why do they have to count our lucky stars? This is what Hughes was projected to be. And Pettitte's been damn good since he's came back to NY.

Why do they have to count our lucky stars? This is what Hughes was projected to be. And Pettitte's been damn good since he's came back to NY.

We have to thank our lucky stars because our #4 starter has only recently been in all-star form and Carl doesn't appreciate the level of competition. No reason to have patience with the guy or anything. It's not like he's ever been a quality starter before.

His numbers are inflated over the last few games because he faced the Mets in a ballpark that is perfect for him and the Orioles. I think he'll be ok from now on but I don't want this guy taking the mound in the postseason hell no.

He will be taking the mound in the postseason. He's in the Kenny Rogers, Jeff Weaver slot in the rotation. He'll either be giving innings in a blow out or taking a start against some other teams crappy 4th or 5th starter in a game we hope to win 12-8.

Hughes is what he is projected to be. Didn't look it early on in his career. I know it takes time and all but a lot of players never become what they are projected to be. And Pettitte has been very solid since coming back to NY, but this year he's been more than solid.

If Pettitte runs out, just make a call to Papi. Listen, he's probably like the 4 or 5 starter on the Yanks. He doesn't have to pitch lights out against everyone...4 or 5 starting pitchers don't have to. Was he expected to be pitching a lot better than he has...hell yeah. But, I'll take what he's doing now and that's what this thread is all about.

You're a bigger homer than anyone else on this board...this is what 2 rings do for you I guess.

Wrong again. Go on believing what you want, but I'm not a homer.

And go ahead and take Javy as what he's doing now. Pitching decently against inferior opponents and either dodging or getting drilled by quality line-ups.

Hughes is what he is projected to be. Didn't look it early on in his career. I know it takes time and all but a lot of players never become what they are projected to be. And Pettitte has been very solid since coming back to NY, but this year he's been more than solid.

uhhh...it is early on in his career.

Wrong again. Go on believing what you want, but I'm not a homer.

And go ahead and take Javy as what he's doing now. Pitching decently against inferior opponents and either dodging or getting drilled by quality line-ups.

As long as CC, Burnett, Pettitte and Hughes are holding the fort, I'll take what Javy is giving the Yanks right now. 4 out of 5 starters? I'll take that all day long.

He will be taking the mound in the postseason. He's in the Kenny Rogers, Jeff Weaver slot in the rotation. He'll either be giving innings in a blow out or taking a start against some other teams crappy 4th or 5th starter in a game we hope to win 12-8.

Oh God no.

Jeff Weaver, Kenny Rogers? Why do you have to bring those names up again? Why not mention Randy Johnson, Jim Abbot and Jaret Wright while you're at it?

If not a single Yankee made it to Anaheim, wouldn't bother me at all. The All Star Game is a joke.It's outlived it's usefulness. That it decides World Series home field an embarrassment. Soria pitching to McCutcheon in the 9th inning shouldn't decide where game 7 in the end gets played.

Oh God no.

Jeff Weaver, Kenny Rogers? Why do you have to bring those names up again? Why not mention Randy Johnson, Jim Abbot and Jaret Wright while you're at it?

The Yankees have won World Series with Denny Neagle, Hideki Irabu and Kenny Rogers in the rotation. I don't see why I'm supposed to feel about about trotting Vazquez out there. Besides, if we get there he's already proven that he can mow down National League hitting.

Of course I hate the Yankees. But I give credit where it is due. Mo is the greatest closer of all time. Jeter is a great player, on and off the field. A-Roid is still a d-bag.

Ha. Your "proof" of "not being a homer" is that you think Youklis deserves the all-star game over Tex? True or not it doesn't exactly forward your cause. How gracious of you to give credit to two of the greatest players of all time. I guess we're not homers if we say "Ted Williams was a pretty good hitter".

Ha. Your "proof" of "not being a homer" is that you think Youklis deserves the all-star game over Tex? True or not it doesn't exactly forward your cause. How gracious of you to give credit to two of the greatest players of all time. I guess we're not homers if we say "Ted Williams was a pretty good hitter".

I actually said Morneau, Miggy and then Youk all deserve it over Tex.

And I know plenty of Red Sox fans who would still try and take away from of their accomplishments.

Of course I hate the Yankees. But I give credit where it is due. Mo is the greatest closer of all time. Jeter is a great player, on and off the field. A-Roid is still a d-bag.

Well, since you said Javy was basically **** against good offensive teams, you'll be giving credit where credit is due today...;)

Well, since you said Javy was basically **** against good offensive teams, you'll be giving credit where credit is due today...;)

Sure. He was very solid against a good team. Not sure what it says about him that you have to fellate him when he finally has a good game against a good team though. If he keeps it up and get his ERA under 5 then we can talk.

It's too bad the Yankees ruined Joba though, huh? He's having a brutal go at it. Should have just left him in the pen from the start.

Sure. He was very solid against a good team. Not sure what it says about him that you have to fellate him when he finally has a good game against a good team though. If he keeps it up and get his ERA under 5 then we can talk.

It's too bad the Yankees ruined Joba though, huh? He's having a brutal go at it. Should have just left him in the pen from the start.

Then we can talk? What's that supposed to mean? That's like me saying when you win 27 WS rings, we can talk. Better yet, maybe if your organization wins at least what Yogi has, then we can talk. And we all know that Javy has a better chance of getting his ERA down below 5 then the Sox have of winning 10 rings.

You always have to put a negative spin on anything positive the Yankees do...I guess that's what you do when you have such an inferior organizaiton.

Would you rather talk about Dice K's 5.49 ERA or John Lackey's 4.79? Maybe you would prefer talking about Tim Wakefield's 6.02.

Not for nothing, but Vasquez has given up a total of 10 earned runs in 32.2 innings pitched in his last five starts for an ERA of about 2.80 over that stretch. :Nuts:

Then we can talk? What's that supposed to mean? That's like me saying when you win 27 WS rings, we can talk. Better yet, maybe if your organization wins at least what Yogi has, then we can talk. And we all know that Javy has a better chance of getting his ERA down below 5 then the Sox have of winning 10 rings.

You always have to put a negative spin on anything positive the Yankees do...I guess that's what you do when you have such an inferior organizaiton.

It means he should show a little bit more consistency before everyone declares he is back. That's all. You're very sensitive. Always going back to the rings argument. Get over it already.

Would you rather talk about Dice K's 5.49 ERA or John Lackey's 4.79? Maybe you would prefer talking about Tim Wakefield's 6.02.

Not for nothing, but Vasquez has given up a total of 10 earned runs in 32.2 innings pitched in his last five starts for an ERA of about 2.80 over that stretch. :Nuts:

This is a Javy Vazquez thread. Try to keep up.

It means he should show a little bit more consistency before everyone declares he is back. That's all. You're very sensitive. Always going back to the rings argument. Get over it already.

CC, I am sure if the Sox had the 27 rings you would have them in your signature. Rarely, do I ever bring up the rings...Yankees fans don't have to.;)