Favorite Band(s)?

war ensemble

I'm sure this thread has been done multiple times, but why not once more? Post some Youtubes or whatever if you got it...

These past two or three months I've turned into a massive Dream Theater fan, so I gotta go for them. I'll give a combination of Liquid Tension Experiment 1, 2, and Buckethead honorary mention.

And the Youtubes:

Qq7xAEVQuPA

rrB68BYebKY&feature=related

xzg3LYkabjU&feature=related

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHWeuQyFouo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHWeuQyFouo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

right now I'd have to say that Green Day could be the top band in the world-taking over from U2's long run-not saying they're my favorite but yes, top rock band-Foo Fighters are up there too. Like NS my favorite bands are long gone or past their prime-like say The E Street Band but I haven't really liked Springsteen since before The Rising

Dream Theater

Nightwish

Iron Maiden

Pink Floyd

Stevie Ray Vaughn

Helloween

Dropkick Murphys

Helloween? I only remember the one song. They still have a pretty big following over here in Europe though. More people like them here now than I remember admitting it back in the day. I always considered them sort of Overkill-Lite. Was I wrong?

Helloween? I only remember the one song. They still have a pretty big following over here in Europe though. More people like them here now than I remember admitting it back in the day. I always considered them sort of Overkill-Lite. Was I wrong?

Overkill lite sounds pretty close.

I can't say currently as I'm not too sure anymore, I listen to alot of different stuff but if I was to give an All Time list:

1) Radiohead

2) Led Zeppelin

3) Pink Floyd

4) The Beatles

5) Primus

6) Janes' Addiction

7) Rage Against the Machine

8) The Jimi Hendrix Experience

9) Queens of the Stone Age

10) Cake

11) Alice in Chains

12) TV On the Radio

13) Blind Melon

14) Beastie Boys

15) Black Sabbath

16) The Band

17) The Black Keys

18) Tool

19) White Stripes

20) Yes

21) Iron and Wine

22) Red Hot Chili Peppers

23) The Who

24) Cream

25) Soul Coughing

the who

v2sWjouB1YA

pink floyd

Oc4qi03QgOg

jimi

PHnyvmYnG5s

carlos

frcA6Hk7Mfo

the mighty zep

RlNhD0oS5pk&feature=fvst

pj

XTb9GNIxpMk

foo

eBG7P-K-r1Y

ac/dc

doHoE156RAo

beatles

zI0Q8ytD44Y&feature=related

queen

-9JuAx_CB6o

Helloween was the first powermetal band and i wouldn't consider them Overkill-Lite.

FuO3hHwQ-Sc

_9h3jRaZyB4

nrgKZYpBvXU

Overkill - is more thrash/speed metal

3AnXxcqWv1o

KHM3cbtlnGA

I'm going to date myself with this band, but so what.

The Allman Brothers

Well, I'm not as old as you but mine is still The Allmans. No one can even touch them IMO.

That would make 3 of us, Gents. See them every year and my band does 6 + of their songs. If only Duane and Berry were around ...

I like alot of music, from The Who, Led Zep, to Tupac ... but I would have to say the bands that have always stuck with me through everything are Pearl Jam, Guns and Roses, Rage Against the Machine and the Foo Fighters.. at ANY point in my life I can take select tracks from these guys and just mesh in between.

Dream Theater

Led Zeppelin

Deep Purple

Pink Floyd

Rush

Symphony X

Black Sabbath

I'm sure this thread has been done multiple times, but why not once more? Post some Youtubes or whatever if you got it...

These past two or three months I've turned into a massive Dream Theater fan, so I gotta go for them. I'll give a combination of Liquid Tension Experiment 1, 2, and Buckethead honorary mention.

And the Youtubes:

Dream Theater is absolutely the best band out there right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm1O6MSRo1c

Zm1O6MSRo1c

]

Great choice on Liquid Tension Experiment

There's the Beatles, and then there's everybody else.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf2S7kKLtEQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf2S7kKLtEQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I've been listening to a lot of Umphrey's Mcgee lately.
Fantastic jam band J-bro - seen them 4 or 5 times - last time a couple years ago on new years with Los Lobos. Stunningly good musicians.

Beastie Boys are my all time favorite. Most versatile band in the history of music.

In no particular order after them...

The Clash

Social Distortion

The Misfits

Bad Brains

Bad Religion

Sublime

Rage Against the Machine

Talking Heads

Pixies

Minor Threat

Arctic Monkeys

Toots and the Maytals

Bob Marley

Peter Tosh

Eek-A-Mouse

Tenor Saw

Modest Mouse

Those bands consume my ears the most...

Fantastic jam band J-bro - seen them 4 or 5 times - last time a couple years ago on new years with Los Lobos. Stunningly good musicians.

Only saw them once at Langerado Music Festival 2 years ago. Headin to Bonnaroo in a few days to see them again - and maybe again in July when they come to LI.

Archived