Favorite Band(s)?

war ensemble

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He hasn't sung in the annoying register for about 25 years. Check out the two new songs that just came out this week. Absolultely killer.

Heard one of the new songs this week -- Caravan or somthing like that -- sounded pretty good.

I forgot to slide Guns and Roses in there between say U2 and Nirvana-they WERE the biggest band in the world for a couple of years there before grung hit-also somewhere today I'd have to put Green Day and The Foo Fighters as sharing the crown now

Tough to put them in order but I'll try throwing out some bands:

Rolling Stones

The Beatles

Lynyrd Skynyrd

T. Rex

Oasis

Kasabian

Thin Lizzy

The Who

The Stone Roses

Blur

The Jimi Hendrix Experience

U2

Cream

Skynard and Oasis-two good calls mate-there was a time around right around before and after the plane went down that they were the biggest band in America and Oasis around Wonderwall-Don't Look Back In Anger that they were the biggest band in the world IMO

Tough to put them in order but I'll try throwing out some bands:

Rolling Stones

The Beatles

Lynyrd Skynyrd

T. Rex

Oasis

Kasabian

Thin Lizzy

The Who

The Stone Roses

Blur

The Jimi Hendrix Experience

U2

Cream

My 16 year old son loves Thin Lizzy -- and I hear they are back together (well most of them anyway) and will tour the UK andd poss the states --

My 16 year old son loves Thin Lizzy -- and I hear they are back together (well most of them anyway) and will tour the UK andd poss the states --

How can there BE a Thin Lizzy with no Phil Lynott? I was watching Journey Live From Manilla the other day on Palladia and they have some singer that they found on YouTube who was singing like Steve Perry that they hired. IDK but it was almost like watching a Journey cover band ya know-just seemed wrong

How can there BE a Thin Lizzy with no Phil Lynott? I was watching Journey Live From Manilla the other day on Palladia and they have some singer that they found on YouTube who was singing like Steve Perry that they hired. IDK but it was almost like watching a Journey cover band ya know-just seemed wrong

I watched that too -- but I thought it was ok -- in this day and age with some of these bands I just sit back and enjoy -

I watched that too -- but I thought it was ok -- in this day and age with some of these bands I just sit back and enjoy -

yea very good point 5-7...as I watched Justin Beiber for a song and half this morning on The Today Show...

I love rebel music.

So, with all due respect... Rules?

;)

yes start a new thread Integrity 28 of your favorite solo artists with bands-GAWD....who wrote that thread about missing old JN? These new guys....:D

Not gonna mention any old bands, you guys have covered it.

Natch I have some obscure bands that I like.

Ars Nova (The Japan version)

The Cardiacs

Wobbler

of course...

The Steve Morse Band (great new record out last year)

Professor Borgo???

nah that Diva would NEVER show his face here Doug ;)........

If I want to talk to my old buddy I'm forced to wade through whatever JI now does to my computer every time I go there and talk with him through PM's

I found this awesome website full of scantily clad oriental women. Every one of them a 10 on the hotness scale.

Sigh, its too bad Borgo aint around no more.

Yea right 3-7? I mean he almost DLJ back on our team

Helloween was the first powermetal band and i wouldn't consider them Overkill-Lite.

Overkill - is more thrash/speed metal

Agreed. First couple of Helloween releases were pretty fast - the Kai Hansen influence I guess, but they just basically became the creators of the whole Euro powermetal movement, which was decent enough of them. Overkill? The new album's the best thing they've done since Horrorscope, and I can't wait to see them in November.

Favourite band? Iron Maiden.

Honourable mentions to:

Rage (The German bunch)

Blind Guardian

Helloween

Gamma Ray (Kai Hansen's bunch)

Slough Feg

Overkill

Kreator

Gama Bomb

Amorphis

Edguy

Sanctuary

Exodus

Agreed. First couple of Helloween releases were pretty fast - the Kai Hansen influence I guess, but they just basically became the creators of the whole Euro powermetal movement, which was decent enough of them. Overkill? The new album's the best thing they've done since Horrorscope, and I can't wait to see them in November.

Favourite band? Iron Maiden.

Honourable mentions to:

Rage (The German bunch)

Blind Guardian

Helloween

Gamma Ray (Kai Hansen's bunch)

Slough Feg

Overkill

Kreator

Gama Bomb

Amorphis

Edguy

Sanctuary

Exodus

Finally, a PDM band I;ve heard of.

Got some Amorphis stuff.

:cheers:

Finally, a PDM band I;ve heard of.

Got some Amorphis stuff.

:cheers:

LOL-yea I know Doug, when I saw that his was the next comment in the thread before even clicking on it I KNEW I wouldn't recognize any of the stuff he'd list-Iron Maiden the only one for me

Archived