UN urges global move to meat and dairy-free diet

ZachEY

On the bright side nuclear proliferation the over use of anti biotics along with the growing number of super infections and increasing severe storms due to global warming along with the chance of massive flooding of coastal areas presents a tremendous opportunity to reverse this trend.

You have to stop being so pessimistic. Past performance is no indication of future returns.

You, like everyone else seems to be looking at the "show" in front of them. The Politicians, governments etc. I even get caught up in that alot.

The bottomline is we dont run a damn thing and the outcomes that we see today have been planned decades ago.

The more I read/come across peoples points of view, the more I realize how much trouble we're in. The majority really have no f'ing clue whats going on, and the people who can see the bullshyte dont know how deep the lies go so THEY dont even have a f'ing clue.

One thing I can tell you, NONE of these issues that you stated above are due to "natural" occurance.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think its time for America to leave the UN, and kick them out of this country. It's full of nothing but a useless bunch of anti-American, anti-semitic, nuts who want nothing more than a one world government.

There are many who share your opinion and for the very reasons you pointed out. It's a tough call.

You, like everyone else seems to be looking at the "show" in front of them. The Politicians, governments etc. I even get caught up in that alot.

The bottomline is we dont run a damn thing and the outcomes that we see today have been planned decades ago.

The more I read/come across peoples points of view, the more I realize how much trouble we're in. The majority really have no f'ing clue whats going on, and the people who can see the bullshyte dont know how deep the lies go so THEY dont even have a f'ing clue.

One thing I can tell you, NONE of these issues that you stated above are due to "natural" occurance.

Not sure where you're going with this? One thing that is certain is humanity is a natural occurence and we are certainly a part of the natural world. Everything we do is a reinforcement of us as a species and as of today we are still on top of the food chain. (The UN apparently missed that part in this report)

The excrement we release on the planet is a natural byproduct of us as a species. The other certainty is change is constant and very unpredictable. We are both smart and destructive and smart and productive. The overwhelming success of us as a species is stressing the environment we live in. We will figure out a way to either use that environment more efficiently or reduce our numbers by massive amounts to reduce the stress.

Not sure where you're going with this? One thing that is certain is humanity is a natural occurence and we are certainly a part of the natural world. Everything we do is a reinforcement of us as a species and as of today we are still on top of the food chain. (The UN apparently missed that part in this report)

The excrement we release on the planet is a natural byproduct of us as a species. The other certainty is change is constant and very unpredictable. We are both smart and destructive and smart and productive. The overwhelming success of us as a species is stressing the environment we live in. We will figure out a way to either use that environment more efficiently or reduce our numbers by massive amounts to reduce the stress.

Good thoughts, can't rule out dumb luck in our success too. Lizards ran this place for a looong time, and us milk-drinkers only got a shot with the help of an asteroid.

Mathematically speaking, we'll eventually have to face the paradox between our 'right to reproduce as we wish' and our ability to feed everyone. No culture has been able to limit reproduction in a way that makes people happy, and I don't want anyone choosing the size of my family either. Perhaps as soon as we collectively agree with a need to keep population in line with food..an asteroid will once again help us make some of the tough decisions that we're not able to make for ourselves.

Good thoughts, can't rule out dumb luck in our success too. Lizards ran this place for a looong time, and us milk-drinkers only got a shot with the help of an asteroid.

Mathematically speaking, we'll eventually have to face the paradox between our 'right to reproduce as we wish' and our ability to feed everyone. No culture has been able to limit reproduction in a way that makes people happy, and I don't want anyone choosing the size of my family either. Perhaps as soon as we collectively agree with a need to keep population in line with food..an asteroid will once again help us make some of the tough decisions that we're not able to make for ourselves.

The point you touch on there is why research on hwo to get to and terraform other planets is important. It's vital to our survival and thriving

Really a waste of time. UNEP knows damn well that there's a 0% chance of this flying in Western countries. Can't say it's surprising though, several of the panels throughout the UN are based on bad conceptual interpretation and application, particularly this one and the UNHRC. Administratively they're just poorly put together and they rely on top-heavy representation in order to satisfy countries that send poorly qualified member reps that oversaturate committees with things like this.

In reality, what UNEP's concern here is that the US (and others) aren't going to be able to help feed the rest of the world as the population increases, and no country possesses our capabilities when it comes to several areas of farming and agriculture. The whole push is just flawed. Economies and populations like ours are too reliant on it domestically, and countries that rely on aid, accordingly, don't have the financial or practical means to feed their own populaces via vegetarian diets.

both the US and world politics of today have turned into "Animal Farm" where all people are created equal but some are more equal than others.

This was all on the menu from the UN climate conference:

Starters:

Leek-potato soup with sour cream

Finger Foods

Mini Pizza

Chicken kebabs

Plate of salmon cuts

Pork loins

Ham and melon

Fresh mushrooms

Antipasti-creations

Main course

Beef Gulash with pasta and salad

That's a matter of opinion but do you really want to go there again?
There's that word again: opinion. Again, I didn't open the door, and you never should have complained when you invited...opinion. Make up your mind, because you didn't make up your mind then, either.

"Does my ass look fat in this dress?" "Yes." "What? I didn't ask your opinion." "OK..." And no, I don't want to go there again unless necessary, but don't go all revisionist and try to turn the table in your favor while you're doing it, either.

There's that word again: opinion. Again, I didn't open the door, and you never should have complained when you invited...opinion. Make up your mind, because you didn't make up your mind then, either.

"Does my ass look fat in this dress?" "Yes." "What? I didn't ask your opinion." "OK..." And no, I don't want to go there again unless necessary, but don't go all revisionist and try to turn the table in your favor while you're doing it, either.

But see, you DO want to go there or you would have ignored me.

I NEVER asked you for your (or anyone else's) opinion or approval. I'd LOVE for you to find me proof of the contrary. I halfheartedly responded to one of your posts about fake boobs with a joke and YOU felt the need to wag your finger at me... something to the tune of, "You've got fake boobs?? What in the hell for?" If that isn't preachy (and hypocritical) than the sky is green.

I NEVER asked you for your (or anyone else's) opinion or approval. I'd LOVE for you to find me proof of the contrary. I halfheartedly responded to one of your posts about fake boobs with a joke and YOU felt the need to wag your finger at me... something to the tune of, "You've got fake boobs?? What in the hell for?" If that isn't preachy (and hypocritical) than the sky is green.

Pretty sure it is 'round here. You should have said Beige ;)

Anyway, back to this food recommendation. The only good thing the UN has ever done is create UNICEF.

I like meat, I like cheese and I like cream in my coffee. I see nothing wrong with consuming these things - in moderation. Everything in moderation.

All that said, however, I'm not totally buying into this gloabal warming/climate change bullsh*t - I mean, the climate has been doing a tap dance for many, many, many, many years. Go ask T-Rex and the Geico Man. LOL!!!

We really needn't debate this. Ultimately the problem of feeding the world will take care of itself. I'm a meat-guy, but so is half the animal kingdom.

Eventually we'll breed ourselves into decision-time. Animals, plus the grain to feed them, will rise with population until we run out of places to shove cattle. These foods will simply cost more and more until we do something different.

Trouble is the vegans only have half the problem solved. We won't stop breeding, and weeds, tofu and soy will get similarly expensive 50yrs after that.

Ultimately we gotta pick a population and stick with it. *That* is something humanity isn't ready to think about.

But....to take this issue full-circle, we really need to take Fake Boobs into consideration.

Fake boobs are certainly not going to slow population growth. To that end, I think they're ok as long as Doctors are required to perform one Vasectomy per boob job. I realize we're talking about urologists and plastics people, so they'll have to work together as an industry. I'm proposing a "snip and trade" program at the federal level. Plastics doctors can purchase what we'll call "silicone credits" that they can purchase from the urologists who earn them. This should allow greater numbers of males to enjoy their wares without increased burden on global population.

You can blame Bob for rabble-rousing. :P

The key and operative word is INVITE. It's a free country, you're happy with your decision, that's great; but if I say I like liver, other people are going to say they don't. I should be upset? I also said nobody wants you to justify your decision, but perhaps you missed that part. Hypocritical! About what?

I enjoy your posts, always have. No need for things to devolve into a world of stupid.

...But....to take this issue full-circle, we really need to take Fake Boobs into consideration. Fake boobs are certainly not going to slow population growth. To that end, I think they're ok as long as Doctors are required to perform one Vasectomy per boob job. I realize we're talking about urologists and plastics people, so they'll have to work together as an industry. I'm proposing a "snip and trade" program at the federal level. Plastics doctors can purchase what we'll call "silicone credits" that they can purchase from the urologists who earn them. This should allow greater numbers of males to enjoy their wares without increased burden on global population.
Hehe, you'll always be my JN heartthrob.

Pretty sure it is 'round here. You should have said Beige ;)

Anyway, back to this food recommendation. The only good thing the UN has ever done is create UNICEF.

I like meat, I like cheese and I like cream in my coffee. I see nothing wrong with consuming these things - in moderation. Everything in moderation.

All that said, however, I'm not totally buying into this gloabal warming/climate change bullsh*t - I mean, the climate has been doing a tap dance for many, many, many, many years. Go ask T-Rex and the Geico Man. LOL!!!

Huh?

both the US and world politics of today have turned into "Animal Farm" where all people are created equal but some are more equal than others.

This was all on the menu from the UN climate conference:

Starters:

Leek-potato soup with sour cream

Finger Foods

Mini Pizza

Chicken kebabs

Plate of salmon cuts

Pork loins

Ham and melon

Fresh mushrooms

Antipasti-creations

Main course

Beef Gulash with pasta and salad

Ugh. Disgusting menu. I'd rather it be Pizza Bagels instead of mini pizzas

BTW... why isnt Salmon highlighted? Does that not count? Can you eat fishes when you are a vegetabletarian?

Can you eat fishes when you are a vegetabletarian?

No.

It always aggravates me when some dim-witted person (usually female) declares that they are "vegetarian", followed by me seeing them eating fish or chicken. Apparently, these geniuses have defined vegetarianism as abstaining from consuming red meat.

"No, officer, I'm not drunk. I never touch the stuff... I just had some beers."

No.

It always aggravates me when some dim-witted person (usually female) declares that they are "vegetarian", followed by me seeing them eating fish or chicken. Apparently, these geniuses have defined vegetarianism as abstaining from consuming red meat.

"No, officer, I'm not drunk. I never touch the stuff... I just had some beers."

Ahh... Thanks... Always wondered how one could be a veggie head and still drink milk, eat eggs and fishies...

No.

It always aggravates me when some dim-witted person (usually female) declares that they are "vegetarian", followed by me seeing them eating fish or chicken."

I think they are the people who simply wont' eat anything 'cute'. If it's ugly, fry the little bastard.

Archived