Looking for info from the Jersey people,

Lady Jet

We're going to be spending a long weekend there, late summer, attending a family wedding. I'm sure we'll have some free time to ourselves, so I'm looking for a few restaurant recommendations, and perhaps any attractions or interesting places to visit or see in the area.

Spring Lake is a very wealthy community. The area has some beautiful older victorian homes. Its manicured properties and landscaping are evident and obvious. I dont see it as a party type town unless your a local and know where to go.

Spring Lake is beautiful. But like RJF said there isn't a ton to do there (other than look at mansions and enjoy the Ocean :-P).

Plenty to do elsewhere if you can drive a few minutes. As was mentioned by Faba the Mill is really nice. You are also close to the Breakers which is right on the water and is nice.

Don't forget the Parker House which once upon a time was Bill Parcell's regular hangout.

One important thing when driving down the Parkway, if someone screams at you and calls you a Bennie...that is a compliment. :winking0001:

One important thing when driving down the Parkway, if someone screams at you and calls you a Bennie...that is a compliment. :winking0001:

Should I use that term when greeting the locals?

;)

Thanks for all the tips. We're taking our own car, instead of caravaning with the others, so we should be able to check out a few places. Sounds like it will be a nice weekend get-a-way for us.

Archived