Is Clemens a dead duck - ala July 22nd 2010?

BaumerJet

Only getting a swap of 5th and 7th rounders for Carriker

That one fits your profile even better. The 'skins moved down in the 5th and actually moved up in the 7th. To give you an idea of how much picks were valued in this draft they moved up 3 spots in the 7th. Can you imagine insisting on that in a deal?

He can show Sanchez what his balls will look like in 20 years.

Ew.

wtf do we need a 40 yr old Qb for?

One word "LOCKOUT."

Sign a player to a standard 1 year contract with an option for 2 additional years that is almost half of what you are paying a QB who will find work in the arena leages 2-years from now (if we lockout, so does the CFL & THE AFL).

It's all about acounting...

There is no cap. I didn't think he made that much, but I checked and he's getting $1.176M. The other two are under $500K. If they were saving money they wouldn't be looking to sign Brunell to do a coaches job.

Dominator, once a new CBA is signed, the Salary caps are reset. If that happens durring the 2011 season, Clemens would effect $1.3 Million toward the cap.

As for Brunell, giving him a "Mentor's" position is a good thing, remember how BAD he was in Carolina last year & you get the point - They are more apt to put Eric Ainge out there if something happens to Sanchez...

(Spitting in the wind to knock out the bad ju-ju for that last line):baby:

But you all get my point...

Dominator, once a new CBA is signed, the Salary caps are reset. If that happens durring the 2011 season, Clemens would effect $1.3 Million toward the cap.

As for Brunell, giving him a "Mentor's" position is a good thing, remember how BAD he was in Carolina last year & you get the point - They are more apt to put Eric Ainge out there if something happens to Sanchez...

(Spitting in the wind to knock out the bad ju-ju for that last line):baby:

But you all get my point...

Brunell was in New Orleans last year. He's never been a Panther.

Brunell was in New Orleans last year. He's never been a Panther.

He was on New Orleans, but the only game he played was week 17 in Carolina.

@CAR L 23-10 15 of 19 for 102 51.7% 3.52 ypa 0td 1int 45.5qbrating

Not pretty. I didn't see it, but people that watched it said it looked every bit that bad.

Why would he count anything towards the 2011 cap? As far as I can tell he signed a 1 year tender offer for 2010 at $1.176M. He's off the books again next year unless they sign him again. I got this from Jason's site and besides trusting Jason, it matches the one I understand these RFA deals.

Archived