• Pepper Jack
    • Provolone
    • Cheddar
    • Muenster
    • Swiss
    • American
    • Monterey
    • other

There is no "one" greatest cheese... if there is, I'd have to say its FRESH MOZZARELLA.

Otherwise, great cheese is usually determined by what you pair it with.

Muenster for example. By itself... meh. On a cold roast beef sandwich? Amazing.

Hot roast beef? Melted Provolone.

My home made pizza? Mozz, asiago, romano and provolone.

Burgers? It all depends... with mushrooms and onions, its always Swiss. With BBQ sauce and bacon, its always a good Sharp Cheddar.

Little squares for snacking? Gouda, Swiss, Sharp Cheddar... I guess I like the smokier cheeses. Not a fan of Pepperjack. It might be the only cheese I flat out do NOT like at all.

You know what sucks though?

I'm so lactose intolerant / allergic to dairy... that ONE slice of NY pizza effs up my stomach for 3 days.

The irony? I put myself through college working in an Italian Restaurant throwing pizza.

I chow down all of them heartily except for American. Blech. I don't eat meat or chicken. I get my protein from cheese and fish.

Not a fan of Pepperjack. It might be the only cheese I flat out do NOT like at all.

Really?

I used to love snacking on it when I was a drinker, and it's still my favorite omelette cheese.

I chow down all of them heartily except for American. Blech. I don't eat meat or chicken. I get my protein from cheese and fish.

Really?

I used to love snacking on it when I was a drinker, and it's still my favorite omelette cheese.

Yeah, I've never liked it. Not on burgers, not in omelettes... Its funny you mention it from when you were a drinker... In colllege I used to keep beer and bars of sharp cheddar in my mini fridge.

I went to school in Savannah, so I'd sit outside my dorm room (outdoors) and gnaw on a block of cheese while drinking PBR. Total WT.

The didn't bother me nearly as much back then... now that would kill me.

Someone already mentioned depends on what you eat it with.

Pecorino Romano is my fav pasta and gracy

I love provolone on sandwiches, when I make Villian a grinder it will have provolone but no mayo.

I like pepper jack cheeses and other spiced cheese on cheese trays.

Not a big fan of the American cheese or that horrifying abomination known as Velveeta. I know it melts nice but I h8t it.

Swiss cheese is nice with Ham sammiches.

Someone gave me brie once with fruit veggies and a glass of wine and I wanted to guzzle the wine throw out the chesse and break the bottle over their head. Not sure why.

I love blue cheese and how it makes sexy with hot wings

I like cream cheese because bagels would be lonely without it.

You haven't lived until you've had some of this.....

4oz Grueyre finely grated

4oz Emmentaler grated/shredded

2tbsp good white wine

splash of kirsch

rub the inside of the fondue pot with half a clove of garlic.

Heat until smooth, and dip cubed Italian/french bread.

ip0210_fondue_lg.jpg

Finish it with a chocolate fondue and small glass of good Port, or better yet, a short glass of Trentadue Chocolate Amore (chocolate infused Port).

12_large_image.jpg

A good french Brie with a french baguette and a great bottle of wine is tough to beat.

When on our Honeymoon in Paris loo so many years ago that pretty much was our breakfast everyday -- except for the wine of course. :cheers:

You haven't lived until you've had some of this.....

4oz Grueyre finely grated

4oz Emmentaler grated/shredded

2tbsp good white wine

splash of kirsch

rub the inside of the fondue pot with half a clove of garlic.

Heat until smooth, and dip cubed Italian/french bread.

ip0210_fondue_lg.jpg

Finish it with a chocolate fondue and small glass of good Port, or better yet, a short glass of Trentadue Chocolate Amore (chocolate infused Port).

12_large_image.jpg

The fondue craze of the 70s hit my house hard. Please don't talk about fondue again.

Archived