Jets vs. Dolphags

JustInFudge

Just want to point how excited I am about the rebirth of this rivarly.

The Jets absolutely dominated the Dolpahgs for the last decade and it really became a boring rivarly. Well actually, it wasnt a rival at all. We owned them and it was just one of those games you expect to win every year as a Jets fan no matter how bad the team was that year. The games were always exciting for the most part and even when they were close, you always knew the Jets were going to pull it out.

It was always fun visiting our home away from home in S. FL and knowing that you were about to watch a live win. Especially for those of us in FL who might only see that game live every year. I remember being there for the opening of the Favre era and knowing we were going to pull it off in a tight game and leaving the stadium cheering the Dolphag fans that they could do it! They could go 0-16! Laughing at how Chadwick threw the back breaking pick we all knew too well. Boy did that backfire. lol

Things have changed. The Dolphags have took the past 3 from us. The final chapter of the Favre debacle was the first time in a long time that I knew we were gonig to lose to the Dolphags. I never thought we had a chance at home the way were playing. But last year I figured we would pull those wins out because thats how it goes when playing them, but nope...the tide turned, they took a couple of close games, games we usually win against the Dolphags. The Monday night game might be the most packed I've ever seen that stadium and viewing it on the TV last season it actually looked like for the first time that I can ever remember, Dolphags out numbered the Jets fans.

So really, we have a rivarly against our most hated oppnent again. Its fun!!! Throw in all the extra goodies that are making it even more sweet and I cant wait. Chadwick, JT, Channing vs. Rex, Rex's middle finger, traitor Tuna...its good fun!!! We are 2 similar teams in a lot of ways and its going to be exciting watching them battle trying to dethrown the Patsies.

I think we will regain our dominance this year being the better all around team, but you never know. Its not a sure thing anymore. So, the rivalry has been reborn and I'm excited.

Dont know why I started this thread. I think its because Jason Taylor was on the top of my list of "must hit in face upon sight" list and now he's a Jet...made me think of how its fun to have a rival again mixed with a bunch of sauce to make it even more spicy.

Go Jets!!!

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think I preferred the yearly sweeping to be honest. :-P

Me, too.

I think we go back to that this year. Brandon Marshall was their biggest offseason addition, and all he does is actually give Revis something to do when we play them.

I hate Jason Taylor, and know he'll look to pull some "I wanna retire as a Gay Shark," crap when he's done here - but I think he's gonna gonna be a major factor against Miami this year.

Whatever Chad they have at QB will throw a minimum of 4 int's against the Jets this year.

Me, too.

I think we go back to that this year. Brandon Marshall was their biggest offseason addition, and all he does is actually give Revis something to do when we play them.

I hate Jason Taylor, and know he'll look to pull some "I wanna retire as a Gay Shark," crap when he's done here - but I think he's gonna gonna be a major factor against Miami this year.

Whatever Chad they have at QB will throw a minimum of 4 int's against the Jets this year.

Alot of wishful thinking going on in here. Marshall and Revis is a good matchup, but JT vs Jake Long? LMAO. Henne didnt turn it over against the Jets at all last year during "the sweep", so 4 turnovers is just more hoping and wishing. See ya in Week 3 pal.

Alot of wishful thinking going on in here. Marshall and Revis is a good matchup, but JT vs Jake Long? LMAO. Henne didnt turn it over against the Jets at all last year during "the sweep", so 4 turnovers is just more hoping and wishing. See ya in Week 3 pal.

Mmmhmm. :rolleyes:

Marshall and Revis is a good matchup for Revis. He shut down better receivers than Marshall last year, with better QB's throwing the ball. Having Marshall will just keep him from getting bored.

JT is going to move around, and guys like Gholston will be charged with occupying Jake Long. Jets added the pass rush, Cromartie, and Kyle Wilson; and Henne finished the season throwing 10 picks in 6 games. Four int's is a lowball number.

Marshall and Revis is a good matchup for Revis. He shut down better receivers than Marshall last year, with better QB's throwing the ball. Having Marshall will just keep him from getting bored.

JT is going to move around, and guys like Gholston will be charged with occupying Jake Long. Jets added the pass rush, Cromartie, and Kyle Wilson; and Henne finished the season throwing 10 picks in 6 games. Four int's is a lowball number.

The extent to which Dolphins fans are overrating Brandon Marshall is absolutely hysterical. They think they just got Randy Moss in his prime when in reality they got Keyshawn Johnson when he joined the Bucs.

I think I preferred the yearly sweeping to be honest. :-P

Although if we're going to start having hard fought battles against the Dolphins, can we at least start sweeping the Patriots? That would at least balance things out.

Truth...lol.

I'm just excited about the rivalry again. Now all these Dolphag fans come out of the wood works (GMJohnson) to brag about how awesome their 7-9 team is...yadayada. Makes it exciting again and it will be all the more sweet when we return to form.

And lol @ Slats and Kleck on Marshall. :cheers:

JT's going to move around, OK. That's Vernon Carey on the other side, another Top 5 guy at his position. JT will make some plays for you this year, but I doubt it'll be against the Dolphins. You knw he still hates the Jets right? If I were you I'd just hope JTs not calling his old buddies down here and spilling your game plans before the game.

Ive heard about Gholston moving to DE, which makes a little bit of sense b/c you guys are thin there. But VG is a garbage OLB and he'll be even worse as 3-4 End. Maybe he only plays in the nickel (4-3), that could be good for him. But again, he's not sniffing the QB vs. either Long or Carey, and on running plays, he's getting pushed 8 yds downfield. Anything else ? :box:

Almost forgot about Revis v Marshall. The best OL you'll face this year will be ours. The best run game you'll face this year will be ours (maybe Baltimore), thats will be just as big a factor in whether Marshall has success as anything else. You shut down alot of QBs better than Henne, but he still lit you up on Monday night b/c we ran the ball, stayed out of 3rd and long, and basically took it to you physically, which no one else was able to do. If we cant run the ball, then yeah, Marshall will have a tough time, but if we can stay on schedule, even guys like Camarillo and Ginn will be able to get thiers, so Marshall wont have a problem either. Kyle Wilson vs Davone Bess in the slot? Uh oh :box:.

Truth...lol.

I'm just excited about the rivalry again. Now all these Dolphag fans come out of the wood works (GMJohnson) to brag about how awesome their 7-9 team is...yadayada. Makes it exciting again and it will be all the more sweet when we return to form.

Thats right damnit and Ima be in you guys ear aaaaalllll summer and fall. And after Week 3? Whoa Nelly I just might get banned for the all the smack talkin I do...

JT's going to move around, OK. That's Vernon Carey on the other side, another Top 5 guy at his position. JT will make some plays for you this year, but I doubt it'll be against the Dolphins. You knw he still hates the Jets right? If I were you I'd just hope JTs not calling his old buddies down here and spilling your game plans before the game.

Ive heard about Gholston moving to DE, which makes a little bit of sense b/c you guys are thin there. But VG is a garbage OLB and he'll be even worse as 3-4 End. Maybe he only plays in the nickel (4-3), that could be good for him. But again, he's not sniffing the QB vs. either Long or Carey, and on running plays, he's getting pushed 8 yds downfield. Anything else ? :box:

Almost forgot about Revis v Marshall. The best OL you'll face this year will be ours. The best run game you'll face this year will be ours (maybe Baltimore), thats will be just as big a factor in whether Marshall has success as anything else. You shut down alot of QBs better than Henne, but he still lit you up on Monday night b/c we ran the ball, stayed out of 3rd and long, and basically took it to you physically, which no one else was able to do. If we cant run the ball, then yeah, Marshall will have a tough time, but if we can stay on schedule, even guys like Camarillo and Ginn will be able to get thiers, so Marshall wont have a problem either. Kyle Wilson vs Davone Bess in the slot? Uh oh :box:.

My computers broke. Because when I google Jake Long and Vernon Gholston, shows a video where gholston totally dominates Jake Long. That was a long time ago, but I think you may be overstating your point.

Truth...lol.

Are either of us wrong?

Marshall played against Revis on 11/30/09 and he had 5 catches for 55 yards and never came close to the end zone in a game where the Broncos put up 34 points.

So the Broncos offense pretty much had a field day. Jay Cutler (who is significantly better than Chad Henne) went 27 of 43 that day for 357 yards with two TDs yet his best and favorite receiver barely contributed to the cause.

Marshall did have what would have been one of the best days any receiver had against Revis in '09 but that isn't saying much now is it?

Marshall is a nice player, he just ain't close to what Phins fans think he is.

The only good game Gholston has had in his entire career in Football was against Jake Long. Because of that and his amazing work out ability, he got paid. Dont know why I'm point that out, but I am.

I like Revis, Cro, Wilson and our pass rush which will be improved with new additions and a 2nd year in the system vs. your WR's. That and your running game will not be as good as last yaer. Ronnie may not be the same and Ricky is only getting older. Still a solid Oline and you will run the rock but dont expect huge numbers from you injury prone and old backs.

My computers broke. Because when I google Jake Long and Vernon Gholston, shows a video where gholston totally dominates Jake Long. That was a long time ago, but I think you may be overstating your point.

<3 you muffin top. <3 your avatar too.

Are either of us wrong?

Marshall played against Revis on 11/30/09 and he had 5 catches for 55 yards and never came close to the end zone in a game where the Broncos put up 34 points.

So the Broncos offense pretty much had a field day. Jay Cutler (who is significantly better than Chad Henne) went 27 of 43 that day for 357 yards with two TDs yet his best and favorite receiver barely contributed to the cause.

Marshall did have what would have been one of the best days any receiver had against Revis in '09 but that isn't saying much now is it?

Marshall is a nice player, he just ain't close to what Phins fans think he is.

Oh I agree. I think he's totally overrated and dont even have him in my top 10 WR's in the league list. He's in the 15-20 range for me. Not quite sure why Dolphag fans love him so much...especailly at the price he costs.

And I dont even think we need Revis to check him....I mean he will, but Cro has owned Marshall in most of their meetings. He's just a solid possession reciever nothing more nothing less. They basically traded for what they already have in Bess/Hartline/Camarillo....just 6x more expensive and 20x more the headache.

Yeah, that was ages ago, when Gholston was considered a solid NFL prospect. Not saying Long is infallible, but neither Gholston nor Taylor worry me, especially VG. Im more worried about Incognito and Thomas inside vs your NT, ILBs and A-gap blitzes than I am about anything off the edges.

The only good game Gholston has had in his entire career in Football was against Jake Long. Because of that and his amazing work out ability, he got paid. Dont know why I'm point that out, but I am.

I like Revis, Cro, Wilson and our pass rush which will be improved with new additions and a 2nd year in the system vs. your WR's. That and your running game will not be as good as last yaer. Ronnie may not be the same and Ricky is only getting older. Still a solid Oline and you will run the rock but dont expect huge numbers from you injury prone and old backs.

You like Wilson based on what may I ask? We're not in Idaho any more Dorothy, he's never played a snap in his life and you guys are going to put him in the slot? Covering guys like Welker and Bess. Cant wait to see how that works out for you.

Injuries are a part of the game, no doubt about it. And if Ronnie and Ricky cant stay on the field then yeah, we'll be in trouble. But we have a QB who has shown he can carry the offense on his shoulders without much of a running game (or defense for that matter) so it wouldnt end our season.

<3 you muffin top. <3 your avatar too.

Oh I agree. I think he's totally overrated and dont even have him in my top 10 WR's in the league list. He's in the 15-20 range for me. Not quite sure why Dolphag fans love him so much...especailly at the price he costs.

And I dont even think we need Revis to check him....I mean he will, but Cro has owned Marshall in most of their meetings. He's just a solid possession reciever nothing more nothing less. They basically traded for what they already have in Bess/Hartline/Camarillo....just 6x more expensive and 20x more the headache.

Brandon Marshall vs. San Diego Chargers, career #'s.

2007: 7 rec 72 yds/ 6 rec 75 yds

2008: 18 rec 166 yds 1 td/ 6 rec 55 yds

2009: 5 rec 49 yds/ 3 rec 26 yds

You were saying?

You like Wilson based on what may I ask? We're not in Idaho any more Dorothy, he's never played a snap in his life and you guys are going to put him in the slot? Covering guys like Welker and Bess. Cant wait to see how that works out for you.

Injuries are a part of the game, no doubt about it. And if Ronnie and Ricky cant stay on the field then yeah, we'll be in trouble. But we have a QB who has shown he can carry the offense on his shoulders without much of a running game (or defense for that matter) so it wouldnt end our season.

I like Wilson based off what I know of Wilson. Are you excited about Oldick? Some of the stuff you try and pull of is ridiculous.

And IDK know who will be in the slot nor do you...lucky for the Jets, they have 3 1st round picks to figure it out with. Knowing Rex...I'm sure you'll see a bunch of different looks.

And I guess injuries wouldnt end your season...if you consider finishing on an 0-3 stretch when you were in control of you own destiny only to finish 7-9.

LOL - You cant make this stuff up.

Seriously? :rolleyes: I still hate Jason Taylor. If he pulls some sh!t like this, his new teammates will beat the sh!t out of him. Win-win for me. :P

But I tend to believe he'll be pretty motivated against the team he loved that didn't love him back.

And Vernon Carey's top five? Ok, yeah. Maybe should pull up on the reins a little bit before you go too far. But whatever. Jets have some pretty good defensive minds at work. I have a feeling they'll come up with something other than running Taylor into one of your OT's.

I'm really not a trash talker here at all. I'm just telling you: Marshall will be a complete non-factor against the Jets. He'll be a nice addition for you against the rest of your schedule, just not against us.

And talking about your running game is interesting. You guys are a run first team. This year, you may even beat out the Jets in that category. Marshall's put up his numbers by being a compiler. He's been top five in the "thrown to" category for a couple years now. Wonder how his attitude will change when that's no longer the case.

You should take a look at Brandon's game log from last year. It's not too impressive when you look at it game by game. Revis will have no problem shutting him down. None.

Me, too.

How many int's did a Chad throw against you guys last year?

Brandon Marshall vs. San Diego Chargers, career #'s.

2007: 7 rec 72 yds/ 6 rec 75 yds

2008: 18 rec 166 yds 1 td/ 6 rec 55 yds

2009: 5 rec 49 yds/ 3 rec 26 yds

You were saying?

I like arguing with you...you make me look smart.

Cro has faced Marshall as a starter 6 times...

07 - 6 for 75yrds, 7 for 72yrds - scary.

08 - 6 for 55yrds, 18 for 166 1 TD - so he got torched a game really bad

09 - 3 for 26yrds, 5 for 49yrds - impressive indeed.

Mashall scored on him once in 6 games on how many catches?

Pretty much confirms what we've been saying...you traded for a really expensive possession receiver.

How many int's did a Chad throw against you guys last year?

Henne got worse as the season wore on (10 int's in his last 6 games), and the Jets' defense improved since they were #1 in the league.

Hmm, let's see here.

Jets get Santonio Holmes for a 5th rounder and, after coming back from his 4-game suspension, Holmes will be particularly motivated by the fact that he is in the last year of his contract.

Dolphins get Brandon Marshal for two 2nd rounders and sign him to a large extension without the head coach having any clue that Marshall needed a second hip surgery.

In addition, Marshall will face Darrelle Revis twice next season, whereas Holmes will draw Vontae Davis in his one match-up with Miami.

Jets win.

And Vernon Carey's top five? Ok, yeah. Maybe should pull up on the reins a little bit before you go too far. But whatever. Jets have some pretty good defensive minds at work. I have a feeling they'll come up with something other than running Taylor into one of your OT's.

See for yourself. http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=T&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numsnaps=25&numgames=1. He's 8th overall, 4th among RTs.

I'm really not a trash talker here at all. I'm just telling you: Marshall will be a complete non-factor against the Jets. He'll be a nice addition for you against the rest of your schedule, just not against us.

Me neither, though Ill respond if provoked. Same thing you wouldve said about Ted Ginn, non factor right? As you saw last year, we dont need Brandon Marshall to beat the Jets. He certainly helps, but he's not a necessity. Even still, predicting that Revis will shut him down is a bit ****y. I cant wait for Week 3.

And talking about your running game is interesting. You guys are a run first team. This year, you may even beat out the Jets in that category. Marshall's put up his numbers by being a compiler. He's been top five in the "thrown to" category for a couple years now. Wonder how his attitude will change when that's no longer the case.

We've been a run first team, true. But look at our roster. Our best players are all OL and RBs so of course we ran the ball. Our defense was a liability, we wanted games over as quickly as possible. Now that we have a dynamic threat outside, we can attack a defense any way we want. If teams want to load the box, we'll hurt em in the pass game, if they sit in a shell, we'll bludgeon them to death. We can run to set up the pass, or pass to set up the run, we can dictate to the defense instead vice versa. Thats why Marshall is such a big addition, not because he's Randy Moss, but b/c he adds versatility and flexibility, and he opens things up for the rest of our attack. You'll see :box:.

You should take a look at Brandon's game log from last year. It's not too impressive when you look at it game by game. Revis will have no problem shutting him down. None.

LOL. No thanks, I dont need a game log. Ive already watched all of the Broncos games from last year on Game Rewind. I can tell you BM didnt start the first couple games, and wasnt the focus of the pass game until well past the midway point of the season. Dont underestimate the importance of having a top 5 running game and a strong armed QB throwing him the ball either. I think you may be in for a suprise vis a vis Revis.

I like arguing with you...you make me look smart.

Cro has faced Marshall as a starter 6 times...

07 - 6 for 75yrds, 7 for 72yrds - scary.

08 - 6 for 55yrds, 18 for 166 1 TD - so he got torched a game really bad

09 - 3 for 26yrds, 5 for 49yrds - impressive indeed.

Mashall scored on him once in 6 games on how many catches?

Pretty much confirms what we've been saying...you traded for a really expensive possession receiver.

If I could do that, Id be a miracle worker. Downplay Marshall all you want, thats fine with me. But we've beaten the Jets 3 stright w/o him, so its really just icing on the cake.

Henne got worse as the season wore on (10 int's in his last 6 games), and the Jets' defense improved since they were #1 in the league.

Henne really, really didnt get worse as the season wore on. He was miles ahead of where he started by the end of the year. Just be/c he was losing by double digits and forced to make plays doesnt mean he was regressing. Just means he was put into more difficult situations.

Henne really, really didnt get worse as the season wore on. He was miles ahead of where he started by the end of the year. Just be/c he was losing by double digits and forced to make plays doesnt mean he was regressing. Just means he was put into more difficult situations.

And when put in those more difficult situations he failed miserably so you can't really say with any kind of accuracy that he was "miles ahead."

Sanchez was put in difficult situations, too. He responded by cutting down on the interceptions and winning.

Are you suggesting that with the league's #1 defense he would've fared the same?

I don't see how the Dolphins defense playing any better would have prevented Henne from turning into an interception machine down the stretch.

Much like his mentor Pennington, he came up small when it mattered most.

Sanchez was put in difficult situations, too. He responded by cutting down on the interceptions and winning.

When was Sanchez ever down by two scores or more? Against Nawlins and New England. And gues what, both times he was down b/c he was throwing pick 6s and fumbling in the end zone like a dummy. His defense and his running game kept him in every game, all he had to do was make an occasional throw here and there, and protect the ball. And if he did that, then yeah, the Jets would win, usually.

Henne didnt have that luxury. He had to make plays week in and week out b/c he didnt have the #1 defense to get his back or a healthy duo of RBs to pund away with (after Ronnie was hurt). Henne was throwing it 40-50 times a game trying to bring us back vs NE, Tennesee, and Houston, and he had some unlucky throws at the end of the Buffalo game. When youre behind and you have to pass, and the opposing team knows you have to pass, and you have one of the worst sets of WRs in the league, then yeah, you might throw some INTs. But if you think his play dropped off towards the end of the season then you werent paying attention. Gotta do more than read stat sheets sometimes my man.

Archived