PREDATOR Mafia Game Thread

DPR

I'm sorry that in your best game of teh mafiaz ever, you lost in a not-even-close kinda way to the town. :Nuts:

But I think it's cute the way you want to grow up to be smarter than me some day. Remember, it's all about the journey even if you never do reach your goal.

Look%20up%20to.jpg

Well done.

About time you get with the program... sheesh, its funny how the "smart" ones always seem to catch on last. :P

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't want to read the QT, cuz I knew it would piss me off, and it did. This has to be addressed now.

"Lily is loud and she's made game enemies with her style the last 2 games. The first one she sabotaged the town and last game she was trying mightly to use her feminine wiles on the mostly male population." This was from Pac.

If you guys can't take my word for it that I don't use flirting to manipulate, then I'll stop flirting, except with Wes, who I know does believe me. I despise women who do that and refuse to be seen as one of them. So, you guys decide, which is it - Down-to-business Lily or the Lily you already know and (hopefully) love?

If you want the "Lily pet-name" dictionary, I can give you that. I prefer calling someone "Honey" over "Dummy" but they mean the same thing. :biggrin:

I didn't want to read the QT, cuz I knew it would piss me off, and it did. This has to be addressed now.

"Lily is loud and she's made game enemies with her style the last 2 games. The first one she sabotaged the town and last game she was trying mightly to use her feminine wiles on the mostly male population." This was from Pac.

If you guys can't take my word for it that I don't use flirting to manipulate, then I'll stop flirting, except with Wes, who I know does believe me. I despise women who do that and refuse to be seen as one of them. So, you guys decide, which is it - Down-to-business Lily or the Lily you already know and (hopefully) love?

If you want the "Lily pet-name" dictionary, I can give you that. I prefer calling someone "Honey" over "Dummy" but they mean the same thing. :biggrin:

Lily,

I like the way you play. If other people critique it, its probably because they are out of the game and you are not. Screw them.

Affectionately (but not in a flirtatious way at all, I swear),

Dr. Zaius (of Love)

PS - Its a game, being played by a bunch of bored adults that require more social stimulation than they get in a normal day. No big deal. :)

"Your call, guys - but my suggestion would be to save the day attacks for days after there was no night kill, or when a power role has been forced to reveal.

Remember, you only have a 10% chance of success, and a 90% chance of creating a confirmed innocent. Not good odds.

And it gets worse when you realize you're just as likely to die yourself as to kill a townie.

So . . . only reason to do this is if the upside is huge (doc or cop has revealed via lynch train, so they are essentially confirmed innocent anyway) or the numbers are seriously turning against you (making even a dead random townie worth the risk).

BTW, the "self attack" can be used well in combination with a fake "backup cop" or "backup doc" claim - nothing verifies a false claim like the mafia trying to take you out midday"

This was brilliance! Kiv, you are a god sometimes, I swear. I would have stood back and let the town kill each other until the noose was around one of your necks, then "confirmed" that person. Or, in other words, kick over the anthill. You would have had us with that!

Lily,

I like the way you play. If other people critique it, its probably because they are out of the game and you are not. Screw them.

Affectionately (but not in a flirtatious way at all, I swear),

Dr. Zaius (of Love)

PS - Its a game, being played by a bunch of bored adults that require more social stimulation than they get in a normal day. No big deal. :)

I know I got all emo, but I can't stand my integrity questioned.

You know, you can flirt with me, darlin'. I don't bite - very hard. ;-) And I think you all know, it's harmless (except maybe for Slats - good thing 3000 miles separate us. :D) I am seeing someone who I love very much. Just not nearly often enough. Long distance is difficult in some ways. But if you don't want to, I do respect boundaries, too - usually. :D

And, hey, I'm ONE of those bored adults. I'll confess, I don't really like people in the real world. I much prefer those on my computer screen. Did I mention I'm not totally sane? :biggrin:

"Your call, guys - but my suggestion would be to save the day attacks for days after there was no night kill, or when a power role has been forced to reveal.

Remember, you only have a 10% chance of success, and a 90% chance of creating a confirmed innocent. Not good odds.

And it gets worse when you realize you're just as likely to die yourself as to kill a townie.

So . . . only reason to do this is if the upside is huge (doc or cop has revealed via lynch train, so they are essentially confirmed innocent anyway) or the numbers are seriously turning against you (making even a dead random townie worth the risk).

BTW, the "self attack" can be used well in combination with a fake "backup cop" or "backup doc" claim - nothing verifies a false claim like the mafia trying to take you out midday"

This was brilliance! Kiv, you are a god sometimes, I swear. I would have stood back and let the town kill each other until the noose was around one of your necks, then "confirmed" that person. Or, in other words, kick over the anthill. You would have had us with that!

Haha.... he's also the one that prodded us to "win fantastic or die trying" and that was all the nudge a team full of tards needed to get impatient with the slow ass pace of this game...

Haha.... he's also the one that prodded us to "win fantastic or die trying" and that was all the nudge a team full of tards needed to get impatient with the slow ass pace of this game...

:biggrin:

The way I look at it, we had the game in the bag, locked up and put away heading into Day 2. So we won that game.

The only question was what would happen if we went crazy with the attacks, and it was fun finding out.

So, as far as I'm concerned, the predatard team finished the game 1-1 :yahoo:

"Oh, and Lily is most definitely roled.

Only reason she would suggest that nobody got a night action is if she had one but wasn't able to use it." This from Kivam, but there was some agreement.

Remember what I said about taking risks? The scum aren't the only ones who can mislead. Misleading scum is one of my favorite sports. ;-)

The way I look at it, we had the game in the bag, locked up and put away heading into Day 2. So we won that game.

The only question was what would happen if we went crazy with the attacks, and it was fun finding out.

Works for me.

I honestly hate when the games last more than a week... hopefully the flying monkeys game will go faster.

oh come on it was 1 throw away line buried in 1600 posts of nonsense. I actually thought it was a cute description.

what I'd like to know is if our programmer CTM can come up with a way to count the # of times he was refed to as a doosh, ***k, a***hole, MF, or scumbag in our chat.

That had to number in the hundreds.

This... If all we wanted to do was win we could have dragged it out for a month and made you all suffer.. instead we chose to have fun.

You barely lynched one of us and that was only after we posted a laughing Predator (and even then Dan unvoted ;)).

This... If all we wanted to do was win we could have dragged it out for a month and made you all suffer.. instead we chose to have fun.

You barely lynched one of us and that was only after we posted a laughing Predator (and even then Dan unvoted ;)).

Don't remind me.

oh come on it was 1 throw away line buried in 1600 posts of nonsense. I actually thought it was a cute description.

what I'd like to know is if our programmer CTM can come up with a way to count the # of times he was refed to as a doosh, ***k, a***hole, MF, or scumbag in our chat.

That had to number in the hundreds.

I overreacted, huh? Okay, if you don't really feel that way - if none of you really feel that way, I don't have to go all "Molly Mormon" on you. That would give me flashbacks to a less happy time in my life, anyway. :biggrin:

Nae, this made me lol "I'm pretty sure I'm one of Lily's she suspects but won't name yet." You weren't. I was pretty sure you were town at that point, if it's when I think it was.

By the way, I may stop casing you guys. Every time I did one, before I got to read it, the person was either dead or, in Dan's case, I became sure they were town. I wasted a lot of paper and ink, because I'm obsessed with hard copy. After staring at this screen all day, I want to curl up with actual paper at the end of the day.

Yes! This is the spirit! This is how you find out if the redline is really all she's got, or if you can push it 10 mph faster and live.

WSODT. Always.

"BTW Lily, if you ever read this I mean scummy in the game sense. Dear Lord how are you still alive?"

LMAO, what else could you possibly have meant, love? I knew that. And I think I stay alive by sheer charm on the town side, maybe. I dunno. The scum won't nk me, because I'm a good reserve lynch candidate.

I am enjoying your QT. Glad Nae poked me in that direction.

They made my attack on Pac REALLY dirty... and then I got repped like crazy for my comment to Hess about sucks balls when I said that could be a good thing. With Pac repping me "It moved a little". >.<

They made my attack on Pac REALLY dirty... and then I got repped like crazy for my comment to Hess about sucks balls when I said that could be a good thing. With Pac repping me "It moved a little". >.<

I was impressed by that comment myself. :love0030: I couldn't figure out what to say that wasn't really over the top. I'm not always subtle. ;-) You did perfectly!

Wow guys... just wow. I would like to say that was fun, but the whole time was just catching up for me. I can't say I will play here again, since I thought DM was a madhouse, and I just can't keep up here >.<

But, this may have not been a fun game for me (no offense DPR, your setup was AMAZING!) but you guys are a CRACK UP! Seriously.

Wow guys... just wow. I would like to say that was fun, but the whole time was just catching up for me. I can't say I will play here again, since I thought DM was a madhouse, and I just can't keep up here >.<

But, this may have not been a fun game for me (no offense DPR, your setup was AMAZING!) but you guys are a CRACK UP! Seriously.

I guess I should clarify myself... The previous post meant unless you guys want me to play again.

Archived