PREDATOR Mafia Game Thread

DPR

This is what happened exactly.

And i couldn't care less what people think of the merits of what i did..

With Brett's post now out in the open, maybe you could tell us what your initial response before the edit was... ?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Things tend to quicker at DM, and this sort of dynamic usually happens right before a deadline. I think it was knee-jerk for me, at least. I'm glad Slats spoke up and knocked some reality back into my head. Thanks, hon.

Things tend to be quicker at DM, and this sort of dynamic usually happens right before a deadline. I think it was knee-jerk for me, at least. I'm glad Slats spoke up and knocked some reality back into my head. Thanks, hon.

Fixed

I don't understand this sudden rush to just go with smash or brett especially when 1) a deadline isn't set in stone and 2) neither player for me Is especially scummy.

Lily is being really erratic and seems really hot to get someone done in for today. I.e whoever seems to be easier to lynch at that time of day.

I agree actually. I think he's at L-2. We should wait for smash to get back and talk as well as wait for DPR to give us a concrete deadline.

With Brett's post now out in the open, maybe you could tell us what your initial response before the edit was... ?

My response was "nobody comment" , which remains there now.. all i edited was the quote of his post.

listen, I've had 2 games as mod impacted by things like this (1 badly imo) and it's extremely frustrating and I'm probably a bit sensitive to it (you have no idea what it's like having 3 different teams bitching at you to make something right). I knew brett wouldn't have done it purpose, and not many people were on so i made a rash decision to let dpr decide how to handle it. He's fine with brett's post, so he posted it and we should move on.

Caught up, here's my thoughts on today's activity:

I feel comfortable speaking for JiF when I say this to Sharrow: Batman IS NOT pregnant!

I won't rule anything out but my feeling on the "rebels" is that will be DPR's way to do a random lynch to fit into a story as you can't randomly have the mafia characters (predators) killing. Again though, not necessarily ruling out a 3rd team but really don't think these rebels are 3rd party.

I really didn't like either side of Brett vs Runin. Brett at one point gave Runin just 6 minutes before making a comment about how he was "still waiting for an example of a frantic post". Felt similar to EY catching Irish in the All in the Family game last year where Irish basically did the same thing only way more emotional. Irish got lynched and was not town. But DPRs recent post makes me feel it may be more likely Brett was just being impatient...

Having said that, Runin had to be pushed by Brett and Dr. Zaius for way too long to actually go back and present a real case on Brett beyond "Your theories came off as spammy and feel like smoke and mirrors. Also you were frantic". Smash is catching a lot of flak (deservedly so) for coming off as so uninterested in this game but Runin doesn't want to provide evidence to present his case and only a few mentions of him doing so? Depending on the deadline this may have to wait until D2 but I didn't want it to go overlooked.

Yeah, two since I asked the mod when the deadline was going to be in hopes of slowing down that train.

I'm in favor of lynching Smash as the "disinterested townie" to prevent a random lynch before the deadline, but I -for one- will be waiting to hear when that deadline is before I move my vote.

I agree Slats, and am gonna wait til we have more info on the deadline, but will not hesitate to put my vote on Smash if that deadline is within the next 24 hours. There's low activity like Me, Sharrow, Bleedin, and DanX but at no point do I think any of us come off as disinterested. Its an odd play to announce you're basically going to sit out D1 and if Smash's MMO is as entertaining for him as he says it is we'd probably be doing him a favor. Only thing is we (a lot of us anyway) would be lynching him solely to avoid a random lynch and not really because we think he's scum. I haven't seen enough from him to make me think he's a predator

My only concern with Lily is that I don't want to make the same mistake I used to make with JetsBabe, where I always thought she was scum because she was so erratic. But really, there's only so many times you can try to explain something away as being a result of your blondeness, before it looks like you might just be playing a bit sloppy as scum. :)

My response was "nobody comment" , which remains there now.. all i edited was the quote of his post.

listen, I've had 2 games as mod impacted by things like this (1 badly imo) and it's extremely frustrating and I'm probably a bit sensitive to it (you have no idea what it's like having 3 different teams bitching at you to make something right). I knew brett wouldn't have done it purpose, and not many people were on so i made a rash decision to let dpr decide how to handle it. He's fine with brett's post, so he posted it and we should move on.

I'm a ground-breaker.

I'm a ground-breaker.

Yeah.. that one action forced me into all kinds of on the spot rule bending and accomadations as i had team doggin and team yellin pissed about it, not to mention you ;)

But there was something else later in the game, where someone quoted the flavor text i used to get off the hook.

Yeah.. that one action forced me into all kinds of on the spot rule bending and accomadations as i had team doggin and team yellin pissed about it, not to mention you ;)

But there was something else later in the game, where someone quoted the flavor text i used to get off the hook.

Was this the one where smc and I were at each others throat?

@mod: Can you give us an idea of when this deadline will be?

My opinion is that games around here are particularly slow on the weekends, and that a deadline really shouldn't come before Monday night at the earliest.

I agree. And I havn't decided to set the deadline yet, but if I do, Monday night would be the earliest. I just saw a point at which the game was stalling, and knew that the rebels are always happy randomly kill someone.

Current Vote Count:

CTM (1) - Pac

Smash (8) - Vic, JiF, Brett, AVM, BG, Barm, Hess, Runin

Brett (3) - CTM, Crush, Adella

SMC (2) - Slats, I28

Lily (2) - Dan, JVoR

With 22 players, it takes 12 to lynch

My only concern with Lily is that I don't want to make the same mistake I used to make with JetsBabe, where I always thought she was scum because she was so erratic. But really, there's only so many times you can try to explain something away as being a result of your blondeness, before it looks like you might just be playing a bit sloppy as scum. :)

This. Lily has been playing the confused (blonde) card constantly, and I've never seen an innocent player use it.

Unvote: Smash

Vote: Lily

Yeah, that might have cost us the game. There were like 3 guys who basically confirmed each other innocent because all of their PMs were the same. I think it came down to me trying to get JIF to buy an I28 or Hessesque conspiracy theory, which obviously didn't work.

Guys, again, I do very much appreciate everybody looking out for the game - it keeps the games fun.

But, say Brett's reveal is legit - how many ways can you really phrase "I'm a townie and I win when the Mafia is dead?"

Or, say he's a Predator that has been told that a certain number of players are just town.

Or, say he's a power role, and the mod gave him that line to use as a reveal, and told to only to use that line.

The possibilites go on from there - but, you have to decide whether you think he's playing as town or scum.

Play on.

I find it curious that you seemed to feel that Brett quoted -or paraphrased- the mod in a way that did strongly suggest that he was town, but that you still have your vote on him.

This. Lily has been playing the confused (blonde) card constantly, and I've never seen an innocent player use it.

I have to agree. If no one's going to see the genius of my vote on SMC today, I'm going to...

unvote

vote: Lily

The mod has told us that we have some time before a deadline. No need to rush to lynch what I believe to be a disinterested townie. I think if Smash were scum, he'd be a lot more interested.

I agree. And I havn't decided to set the deadline yet, but if I do, Monday night would be the earliest. I just saw a point at which the game was stalling, and knew that the rebels are always happy randomly kill someone.

Current Vote Count:

CTM (1) - Pac

SMC (2) - Slats, I28

Lily (2) - Dan, JVoR

Vote RuninOut

Initial unwillingness to provide evidence to accusations. I wanna say he's mentioned following a few of our games and I am certain at least once in every game since the DMers joined us it has been explained how to read posts by a particular player. If I am confusing him for another player I apologize for that.

But..I don't post on any other internet forums but I would think at the least a search all posts by poster function would be a common feature (even if you have to pay for search function ;) ). Simply saying you're in a good mood and don't feel like looking up what made you think Brett was scummy and vote worthy doesn't really sit right with me.

I understand that, Dan, and I had no idea that these new meds would make things worse instead of better for me. I should have realized that there would be an adjustment period, but I didn't. If you all want DPR to replace me, I'm okay with that. Otherwise, I'll do my best. I think sometimes other people have better ideas than I do, and I don't hesitate to do the best thing. But the problem here is what is the best thing in my opinion. That often doesn't agree with everyone else's opinion. However, backing off Smash until we do have a deadline does, and it is the best thing to do, so I did it. Hang me for it if you want to. It won't stop me from doing what I feel is best. As long as I'm in the game, I'll play the game.

I find it curious that you seemed to feel that Brett quoted -or paraphrased- the mod in a way that did strongly suggest that he was town, but that you still have your vote on him.

I'm curious as to why you are flinging accusations all over the place like a more evolved version of i2d2

Others have seen me admit to it as town. But that's a moot point. If y'all want me replaced or lynched, I guess, that's cool.

I'm curious as to why you are flinging accusations all over the place like a more evolved version of i2d2

We approach the game differently. You almost always come off to me as scummy early, and I go out of my way to not go after you early in games knowing that's often the case. If you have any questions about any of my "accusations," I'll be happy to answer as best as I can.

But you mentioned your game where people used your wording in PM's to clear each other. I'm guessing that's what you thought Brett was doing. So if you thought that Brett was breaking the rules by quoting or paraphrasing the mod in such a way that he unfairly proclaimed his innocence, why are you still voting him?

Vote Bleedin Green

I asked BG on 2 occasions to define my So called WEIRD play and Im still yet to receive an answer, he dodged the question both times . Does not posting for one full day constitute weird ? He babbled out a few "are you serious" then went right back into spewing the crap with no basis at all. Voting with a bad case is scummy to me and his case is bad yet he has no votes. He also did this at a prime time to start a train on me with the 5th vote you know how people get itchy on day one when some time has passed. I guess to some extent he succeeded.

I admitted my play was non existent in the 1st full day of the game and I stated my reasons. I think there is a lot of nonsense in the beginnings of games, go back and read the first few pages. Who's funny, whos cute, whos a wise guy , thats the crap that takes away from the game for me.

It does however begin to settle down and thats when I intend to get active which is what Im doing now.

Barm I dont look at what I did when I first started posting defensive at all I was simply answering questions. I was not mad people voted for me at all. I said what I had to say and thats it really.

We approach the game differently. You almost always come off to me as scummy early, and I go out of my way to not go after you early in games knowing that's often the case. If you have any questions about any of my "accusations," I'll be happy to answer as best as I can.

I don't think we approach it as differntly as you are asserting

But you mentioned your game where people used your wording in PM's to clear each other. I'm guessing that's what you thought Brett was doing. So if you thought that Brett was breaking the rules by quoting or paraphrasing the mod in such a way that he unfairly proclaimed his innocence, why are you still voting him?

Ok, so follow the logical path on that and see where you end up. You're as intuitive and logical a player as we have here, so I'm sure you'll come to an solid conculsion.

Sorry, guys. Overreaction again. I'm going to try to be less active this weekend and see if I can get some of this craziness under control. Still, if you think the game is better off with a replacement, I really will be cool with that. Honest. I just want this to be fun for everybody.

Sorry, guys. Overreaction again. I'm going to try to be less active this weekend and see if I can get some of this craziness under control. Still, if you think the game is better off with a replacement, I really will be cool with that. Honest. I just want this to be fun for everybody.

what is this?

what is this?

Long story short - new meds. They make me sleepy and stupid while I adjust to them. I'm not sure if I should keep trying to play the game. I'm leaving it up to the group.

unvote and vote Danx

She seems way to against the Brett wagon. Also, Brett could be fake claiming, and if we lynch Danx and she is scum, then he is also most likely scum.

No DM doesn't have as convenient a search post functions as you all do over here, that's why I never case someone.

I didn't want to case Brett, because I remembered well enough his posts which I retold as how they came across to me. Also for the fact that I never case anyone, because it seems like it is more scummy then anything. It is usually a last ditch effort to get someone lynched or save yourself.

Ok I'm caught up. I'm not really feeling the smash or brettlejuice vote either one. Someone mentione Smash wouldn't be so disinterested if he were scum and that seems a fair assesment to me. Sorry runin but Brettlejuice countered your attacks well enough to me.... for now anyways. I'm logging away any suspicions on you, Adella for now because you get "technical" noob status for being new to the JN mafia games.

Lily is worrying me.. I know she wouldn't fake the medication thing and I already know she has to do alot of meds for various reasons I'll let her get into if she wants but the confusion act I don't really buy. She's done plenty of games where she was trying new meds or whatever out and though it affected her a little it was never this crazy where she keep talking about being replaced and all. She also already knows what I think of "playing favors" with defending or "teaming up" with brothers, boyfriend/girlfriend whatever... Crusher is my bro and Barm is my best friend but you bet your ass I'll vote them if I think they are scum. I hate it when people ignore their friends scumminess because they are good friends or brothers or whatever. She claims DanX seemed to ignore the Brettlejuice thing but I think she over defended the Runin thing.

I'm pretty content putting my vote on her...

Lily.

I'm still not doing being sporadic on being here.. got a shorter day tommorow at work but I have to get my meds and get some food. But sunday will be another hellish long day at work. Manger is back monday so hopefully the nightmare will be over!

Nae, I haven't said word one about Dan, yet. That wasn't me. And I just happened to see what Runin saw. Nothing more there. But I'm not making a big deal out of your vote - just correcting the errors. As per usual, I'll defend when and if I need to.

And I'm not on THAT many meds.......lol.

Current Vote Count:

CTM (1) - Pac

SMC (2) - Slats, I28

Lily (2) - Dan, JVoR

This last vote count was incorrect... my vote was on Smash. Right now I believe it's:

Smash (7) - Vic, JiF, Brett, AVM, BG, Pac, Hess

SMC (1) - I28

Lily (5) - Dan, JVoR, Sharrow, Barm, Slats

Runin (1) - Shutout

I don't like the grandstanding by SMC with the quick votes/unvotes on Smash or Runnin coming out of nowhere to quickly put him at L1 citing "giving Brett a 2nd chance". The quick trains and indecisiveness smell like crap.

I went for Smash because it ticks me off when I put time and effort into these games and someone blows it off... Since I know he's active when motivated, and he seems to want to play now, I'll unvote.

I realllly want to go back to CTM but no one seems interested in pursuing that so I'll Vote Runin.

He came on real strong with Brett, too strong IMO, then suddenly unvotes and goes with someone at L2 with very weak reasoning. Me no likey.

Nae Ninja'd.. where the hell did you come from? I think this is right..

Smash (7) - Vic, JiF, Brett, AVM, BG, Pac, Hess

SMC (1) - I28

Lily (2) - Dan, JVoR, Sharrow, Barm, Slats, Nae

Runin (2) - Shutout, Pac

Archived