PREDATOR Mafia Game Thread

DPR

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This must be a record.

You usually whine and bitch later in the game.

Okay, as to what happened. I don't know if the General and Dutch were actual players. Some of us were named in the OP and then, so were the General and Dutch. So unless those were disguised players, I think it's flavor.

In other words, the town should be in good shape since we didn't lose anybody and presumably have some investigation results.

What exactly was whining and bitching about that? Sounds like somebody is still upset that I took issue with the balance of his game. I've gotten over it, maybe you should too. :P

If I die tonight, here's a list of players to look at and why...

Brett - he is mad at me because I actually pegged him on day 1 last game when he lazy voted my antics.

SMC - we share the same first name and I wear it much better.

Pac - totally jealous of my good looks.

Smash - I always think he's scum so he's looking to get me out of the way as quick as possible.

Slats - is completely and utterly infatuated with me in teh mafia goodness and he looks like Trey from phish.

Bleedin - is mad at me for last game because I hurt his feelings, plus I'm pretty sure after all the years of posting together he doesnt care for me all that much.

JVoR - genuinely hates me and loves to see me die.

DanX - intimidated by my beauty and brains

Lily - jealous of muffin top

If I'm still alive, its a good chance these players are town...

Dr. Crushlove - he's my muffin top and I'm his Bup-z

CTM - secretly loves me and enjoys my mafia banter, typically likes to see me stick around a day or 2 before he gets annoyed and speed lynches me.

VicGod - we share a special bond w/ the Asian Persuasion

AVM - pretty sure he has the hots for me.

Shutout - he's Batman

Hess - we are both crazy and nobody understands us but we understand each other.

I28 - we share the same taste in music and when nobody accepted him around here, I welcomed him with open arms. Usually buys me some time with him.

If I didnt list you, dont be offended, we just dont have the history for me to figure these things out.

Good luck!

&^#%#&! I didn't think you knew....

Checking in... should I assume that you bungholes are going to do the obligatory 3 days of "joke" votes to start the game?

Well, I could unvote Pac, vote you and tell you I'm serious while building a case around your only post....if that would make you feel better?

Well, I could unvote Pac, vote you and tell you I'm serious while building a case around your only post....if that would make you feel better?

Hilarious.

It's almost surreal seeing you post this much in a game... you didn't post in Star Wars for the first 357 days. :rolleyes:

Hilarious.

It's almost surreal seeing you post this much in a game... you didn't post in Star Wars for the first 357 days. :rolleyes:

Please dont bring up the Star Wars game...I feel terrible about that game because of my inactivity. It was a bad time to start that game for me...I was out of town for basically 2 weeks with very little access and my team needed my help.

I will never get over feeling bad for letting down VicGod, DanHotness and DPR. Sorry guys. :donk:

What exactly was whining and bitching about that? Sounds like somebody is still upset that I took issue with the balance of his game. I've gotten over it, maybe you should too. :P

Below:

I really hope that was just flavor and we didn't already lose two players.

Maybe I'm so used to your whining and complaining that's all I see. :D

Anyway, there's 22 players in this game. Biggest I've been apart of. With have to account for the DPR factor, but we can assume 5 Predators, perhaps a 6th (will only be 27%).

The later DPR post mentions Predator equipment given to soldiers, but the soldiers don't know how to use them yet. The soldiers are either roled up now, or with this equipment will later be once they find out how to use them.

There are 21 of you. You are the best of the best, soldiers from every corner of the globe, chosen for your expertise and specialized knowledge.

When the Pentagon needs a job done, no questions asked, they call you.

It's dusk. Insects buzz around you as the last light of day fades from the tropical jungle, and the night sounds begin.

You've been called to this desolate beach for reasons unknown to you, but as the jeeps pull up, headlights shining in the near darkenss, you know you are about to find out.

The General climbs out of the lead vehicle. A man climbs out behind him. He seems familiar...

"Listen up!"

You all stare at the General. Crusher spits a stream of tobacco juice onto the floor. The Genereal speaks.

"You've been brought here because a job needs to be done, and I damn well expect you to do it. I'll fill in a few details after, but your main objective is to destroy your targets. I've asked the Major to describe your targets."

A crew cut man, maybe in his late fifties, or early sixties, steps before you. He is smoking a cigar.

"My unit was called to perfrom this mission 23 years ago." He stares at you. "And I'm the only survivor." He inhales deeply on his cigar. "I'll begin by telling you that the targets you are hunting are not human. Then I will tell you that while you are hunting them, they are hunting you."

SMC leans into Hess, "What a jerk-off..." They snicker.

Dutch satres back at all of you. "You have no idea what you are up against."

The Genral cuts in...

"Pay attention! These are your orders!"

1. Their are Townies, and there are Mafia. The Topwn wins when all of the mafia have been killed. The Mafia win when they gain a voting advantage over the town (numbes equal to, or over the Town).

2. No quoting the Mod's PM's.

3. No editing posts. No mistakes allowed - instant death will result.

4. NO COMMUNICATION outside of the thread unless your PM states other wise. I will kill your a$$ so fast...

5. Hiding your presence online will not matter. heh

6. Spirit of the game and all. You all know what it is. I love bending the rules, but I also love modkilling, so ask if you have any questions.

7. Ask any question you have, on thread or by PM.

Dutch looks at each of you in turn...

"You think this is just a game? There are alien hunters out there! They can be invisible! They have infrared vision, and laser guided weapons! They are hunters, and they never give up! If you don't listen, you are all going to die!"

The General pulls Dutch back...and it's clear that the old man has clearly lost a few marbles.

Barm looks at Nae, "Oh this is great. I was in Vegas when they called..."

Nae smacks barm across his a$$.

Sharrow looks at the General.

"When do we get started?"

The General looks back...

IT IS NOW NIGHT. PLEASE TURN IN YOUR NIGHT ACTIONS.

You may post as ssoon as you have received your role.

Player List and Status:

1. Vic

2. Brett

3. JiF

4. SMC

5. Lily

6. Pac

7. Smash

8. Slats

9. I28

10. Crusher

11. Bleedin

12. Runin

13. Sharrow

14. Adella

15. Hess

16. Nae

17. AVM

18. JVoR

19. CTM

20. DanX

21. Barms

22. Shutout

21 soldiers, 22 people in the game, think there's anything to that?

Doesn't seem like anyone is dead based on the player list DPR posted. What made you think Crusher was Dutch?

I got confused as well initially and thought Crusher was the general. I re-read it and saw that they were 3 different people referenced in the same few sentences (Crusher, General & Dutch).

Maybe I "misremembered" the OP. I thought it was Dutch that spit or whatever. Crushers name wasn't in there originally was it?

Crusher's name WAS originally in there... but it was written in such a way that you couldn't tell if Crusher was the General, or just a character that spit... in between two sentences about the General.

Trickey ****er that DPR. :P

Crusher's name WAS originally in there... but it was written in such a way that you couldn't tell if Crusher was the General, or just a character that spit... in between two sentences about the General.

Trickey ****er that DPR. :P

Ah, thanks. I thought he added Crushers name in there in the edit.

Below:

Anyway, there's 22 players in this game. Biggest I've been apart of. With have to account for the DPR factor, but we can assume 5 Predators, perhaps a 6th (will only be 27%).

The later DPR post mentions Predator equipment given to soldiers, but the soldiers don't know how to use them yet. The soldiers are either roled up now, or with this equipment will later be once they find out how to use them.

This is how I read it -- though obviously I could be wrong. Maybe X amount of days into the game, a certain player die or a certain action takes place...either way.

Interesting with the 21/22 thing Sharrow. That definitely leaves the door open to there only being one Predator, though I'd suppose he'd be uber OP if that's the case. Regardless, I wouldn't be surprised to see day and night actions from the Predator(s) this game

This is how I read it -- though obviously I could be wrong. Maybe X amount of days into the game, a certain player die or a certain action takes place...either way.

Interesting with the 21/22 thing Sharrow. That definitely leaves the door open to there only being one Predator, though I'd suppose he'd be uber OP if that's the case. Regardless, I wouldn't be surprised to see day and night actions from the Predator(s) this game

I'd be more afraid if it starts out at one. The predator must be ****ing stacked in terms of powers if he or she had those odds.

Below:

I don't think we can assume anything like that..

LAst game I played of dpr's didn't really follow standards and everyday there was these missions you'd volunteer to go on to find powers and what not.

The only thing I think, if he's being true to the source material, there won't be any conversions this game atleast..

I'd be more afraid if it starts out at one. The predator must be ****ing stacked in terms of powers if he or she had those odds.

You know where you are?

You're in the jungle baby.

You're gonna die.

axl-rose.jpg

That could be a possibility, except this part of the Opening Day scene debunks that:

The General and Dutch are left standing alone, lost in thought. Neither spots the tri-laser points on each other's chests until it is too late. The lasers climb up on to their foreheads, there is a flash, and both men crumple into the sand, headless..

The General and Dutch were killed by 2 different lasers. In the movies, the Predators only have 1 laser weapon each (with tri-points).

That would mean there are at least 2 Predators.

21 soldiers, 22 people in the game, think there's anything to that?

Pac isn't really a soldier on account of not being able to keep his mouth shut and violating "don't ask don't tell"?

I don't think we can assume anything like that..

LAst game I played of dpr's didn't really follow standards and everyday there was these missions you'd volunteer to go on to find powers and what not.

The only thing I think, if he's being true to the source material, there won't be any conversions this game atleast..

I don't think there's any way there would be a conversion. A conversion doesn't make sense in the set up.

I was talking number wise purely from the setup based on the total players. A team of 5 or 6 would work. But like you said, we can't assume DPR follows form.

That could be a possibility, except this part of the Opening Day scene debunks that:

The General and Dutch were killed by 2 different lasers. In the movies, the Predators only have 1 laser weapon each (with tri-points).

That would mean there are at least 2 Predators.

Good catch. DPR doesn't strike me as the type to write something with no purpose

I don't think there's any way there would be a conversion. A conversion doesn't make sense in the set up.

I was talking number wise purely from the setup based on the total players. A team of 5 or 6 would work. But like you said, we can't assume DPR follows form.

I say bastard mod is the Predator.

Archived