PREDATOR Mafia Game Thread

DPR

Been out all night (took my girl to dinner and a movie) and I will get caught up now, but first...

I think this "don't lynch a noob on D1" unwritten rule is bull****.

The idea of lynching Smashmouth for inactivity, when Runin has exhibited the scummiest play so far (or the play of the worst townie ever) seems retarded to me.

retarded is as retarded does

I'm feeling slightly better about Lily the more she posts. I'm still cautious, but maybe it is a JetsBabe type of thing after all.

Like I've said, I have no read on Smashmouth. I'm not against lynching him, as it looks like everyone is strongly leaning that way, since I presume most of you would have a better feel for him than I do. It doesn't seem like you need my vote there right now, though. :P But I will check in early tomorrow morning to be safe.

I do find it interesting how quickly everyone jumped back to Smashmouth as soon as the deadline was announced, almost like people couldn't wait for an excuse to get their votes back there. The really quick and easy lynch makes me nervous, of course. But with that said, if we are in fact dealing with two scum teams, it should be easier to get people agreeing on lynches. So that possibility makes me feel a bit better as well.

lily = new jetsbabe, smashmouth = flagrant non participator, we= facing deadline

I'm also interested by the case on Hess. I had picked up on the contrast between the statistical breakdown versus the much more confused posts, but that's one where I wanted to see more before commenting. I think Hess could be a really tricky one as scum.

yeah, it was on I was going to let it bake a bit, but his play style is so erratic that i don't know if would've lead anywhere more interesting without pressure

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm also interested by the case on Hess. I had picked up on the contrast between the statistical breakdown versus the much more confused posts, but that's one where I wanted to see more before commenting. I think Hess could be a really tricky one as scum.

He was also a lot more defiant as a townie. Like he was challenging the scum to come after him.

So I just skimmed everything I "missed" and yeah, not much... a run on Smash to get him back within lynch range and more weirdness from the same players that have been weird most of the game (God forbid I list their names, it'd be more FOS... dun-dun-dunnnnnn :rolleyes:).

I'm stayin' put out of principle.

THE MOD WILL NEITHER CONFIRM NOR DENY THAT I28 IS UNDER CRUSHER'S BED.

I have it on good authority (I asked Jif) that there is no "under" to the pulverized pile of foam and springs that Crusher calls a "bed."

As much as it sickens me to agree with CTM I will say this... Hess was pretty spazzy earlier at the thought of voting Smash tonight but then wound up doing just that. Not sure what the deal with that is.

It was my anniversary Saturday and I was out all day today as well. If you guys feel the need to lynch a townie because Im not as active as I usually am then have at it.

I gave my reasons earlier for laying a bit low I guess you either dont believe me or your scum trying to push the train. I told you guys I would get active as the game progressed and I still think there are players who have less participation than I yet Im getting the votes with no scummy behavior to speak of.

You want theories and I want to wait until DPR gives us more than the stories hes been posting that bascily tell us nothing. I doubt he would be using players names in his scenes if they had more meaning than fluff to add to the games appeal. Be patient and hunt scum that play like scum.

I pointed at BG because he jumped on and voted me at the perfect time to start a train it got me up pretty high and then fizzled out. WHY ? Its easy, because Ive done nothing scummy. BG still pushed. Then he eased off a bit when the votes started coming off.

Been out all night (took my girl to dinner and a movie) and I will get caught up now, but first...

The idea of lynching Smashmouth for inactivity, when Runin has exhibited the scummiest play so far (or the play of the worst townie ever) seems retarded to me.

Now this is a very smart statement.

Well, isn't this lovely? I'll be honest, I don't think Smash is scummy, and I can't lynch him just to save myself. I can't find any other reason, and that's the truth. Somebody else is going to have to do it if it's going to get done, unless it's right before the deadline. I'll vote him only because an innocent is better than a random kill, but we do have time to go in another direction, if y'all want to. It sounds like several of us want to.

None of my suspects have any votes to speak of, so I don't have anything useful there.

None of my suspects have any votes to speak of, so I don't have anything useful there.

This is pretty much where I'm at, and I'm not going to start any half-baked 11th hour cases.

I'm heading into work. Today's a "training day," for me, meaning that I don't get to sit at a desk with a computer, posting on-line, doing the job I've already been trained to do. Unless something changes, I should be home and on this afternoon before the deadline.

As much as it sickens me to agree with CTM I will say this... Hess was pretty spazzy earlier at the thought of voting Smash tonight but then wound up doing just that. Not sure what the deal with that is.

He was at L3 I put him at L2 so he would speak. I also wanted to put pressure on other players who are playing the fence. Plus you and SMC are getting awfully ****ing pushy. I DID NOT like the way the train took off after the deadline. It reaked.

Current Vote Count:

Smash (9) - Vic, JiF, Brett, AVM, BG, CTM, Nae, SMC, PAC,

Brett (1) - Adella

Lily (4) - Dan, JVoR, Barm, Slats

Dan (1) - Runin

BG (1)- Smash

Runin (2) - Shutout, I28

Hess (1) - Sharrow

NOT VOTING: LILY, CRUSHER, HESS

With 22 players, it takes 12 to lynch.

DEADLINE IN 9:16:23

I agree with you on the Smash lynch, but I'm not sure runin seems as scummy as you make him out. I've played with him at DM and he gets in trouble ALOT of Day 1's with his play. I(ve also seem him as scum at DI and Im pretty sure he got lynched as scum Day 1 that game as well.

I'm not voting Smash because I dont buy the case. I'm going to take time at lunch or if I get some time earlier to look better at the Runin case. At first glanced looked like two townies death marching one another. Maybe it's not. I still think Brett, Vic and SMC are good places to look.

retarded is as retarded does

lily = new jetsbabe, smashmouth = woody paige, we= facing deadline

yeah, it was on I was going to let it bake a bit, but his play style is so erratic that i don't know if would've lead anywhere more interesting without pressure

fixed Woody would post 14-24 times a game. If we your lucky. LOL

Hess is someone I haven't looked at but would. His play makes him sorta a read over, and yet I know he's paying attention 20'x more then he lets on.

He was at L3 I put him at L2 so he would speak. I also wanted to put pressure on other players who are playing the fence. Plus you and SMC are getting awfully ****ing pushy. I DID NOT like the way the train took off after the deadline. It reaked.

Pushy? Don't include me in that. I just voted. People can vote as they please.

The person I want to vote for is Runin, but there's only 2 to 3 others on that vote and I don't believe in "principal votes" when a deadline is near. That's an easy way to pass the buck and keep your hands clean.

I also don't like Runin's game thus far. And fyi to Smash (speaking of paying attention) I realize you're playing another game but DPR already stated what's fluff/flavor and what's not. Also, I stand by the idea that there could, possibly, be 3 Pretetors and 3 third party.

The person I want to vote for is Runin, but there's only 2 to 3 others on that vote and I don't believe in "principal votes" when a deadline is near. That's an easy way to pass the buck and keep your hands clean.

Meh. I disagree.

If I keep my vote on Runin and Smash is scum, its going to look like I was protecting him in some way by not jumping on that train. Not what I would call "keeping my hands clean."

There is risk involved in my "principle" and it is risk I have measured.

I would rather defend myself for sticking with what I believed was the right move for the town, and that is lynching the guy who has played the scummiest game so far... Runin.

Its also amusing to me that in one sentence you say "don't call me pushy."

And in the next you take a crack at me for putting my vote where I feel it belongs and passing the buck... a comment that could be construed as bullying me to move my vote, Mr. Pushy. :P

Meh. I disagree.

If I keep my vote on Runin and Smash is scum, its going to look like I was protecting him in some way by not jumping on that train. Not what I would call "keeping my hands clean."

There is risk involved in my "principle" and it is risk I have measured.

I would rather defend myself for sticking with what I believed was the right move for the town, and that is lynching the guy who has played the scummiest game so far... Runin.

So you're not voting because you're worried about having to defend yourself for it?

interesting.

Dude. Not for nothing but you are playing this game like you switched to your left hand for a change of pace.

Tell me you get that. :rim:

It's so clever.. how could it possibly not go over his head

dip****

Its also amusing to me that in one sentence you say "don't call me pushy."

And in the next you take a crack at me for putting my vote where I feel it belongs and passing the buck... a comment that could be construed as bullying me to move my vote, Mr. Pushy. :P

Guilty conscience, Integrity?

I was talking about my own reason for not voting for Runin. You took that as a shot at you. Why?

So you're not voting because you're worried about having to defend yourself for it?

interesting.

No, good spin, but no.

I am voting... for Runin.

I have articulated my position on this ad naseum. I feel that Runin's case is the best case for a day one lynch. I would rather defend myself later for harping on Runin, than for jumping around with my vote... that is all there is to it. EVERYONE has to defend themself at some point in this game, you know it and I know it. I feel like I am an asset to the town, and don't want to leave a trail of exploitable contradictions for the scum to use against me... pretty smart for a dumb chimp eh?

You have 9 votes on Smash right now. That means there are 13 other people in the game to get your last 3 votes from. Why not turn to the players who are trying to slide through to D2 without being a blip on anyone's radar?

I made what I feel is a strong case, and you and SMC have both now pressured me to contradict the strong push I made... I move my vote to Smash now, and something tells me you two scumbags will be the first in line to point it out. :rolleyes:

Guilty conscience, Integrity?

I was talking about my own reason for not voting for Runin. You took that as a shot at you. Why?

Umm... no, I took it as a shot at me because I went out of my way to call my vote a "principle" vote, and then you said you don't believe in "principle" votes... seemed like a snide cheapshot.

Guilty conscience has nothing to do with it.

I made what I feel is a strong case, and you and SMC have both now pressured me to contradict the strong push I made... I move my vote to Smash now, and something tells me you two scumbags will be the first in line to point it out. :rolleyes:

Pressured? How are you being pressured?

You made your bed on this already. A move to Smash would only seem scummier.

And, again, I was talking about MY OWN preference for voting, how I don't do principal votes when there is a deadline near.

Why did you feel I was speaking about you? Is it your tremendous ego? The game doesn't revolve around you. Or is there another reason?

Pressured? How are you being pressured?

You made your bed on this already. A move to Smash would only seem scummier.

Thank you. This is the exact point I am making.

And, again, I was talking about MY OWN preference for voting, how I don't do principal votes when there is a deadline near.

Why did you feel I was speaking about you? Is it your tremendous ego? The game doesn't revolve around you. Or is there another reason?

I responded to this above. I think it comes down to word choice... when you put "principle" in quotes, it resonated with me as a commentary on me saying just that earlier in the thread. If you weren't taking a jab at me, then its my bad... it sure seemed like it.

I still don't understand how/why people don't get why I played the way I did the last few games. Mind you it was really two. SW and Lost. Funny nodody pegged me during the entire alt-avatar game. But please continue with your propaganda.

Ok, so why are you playing the way you are this game?

No, good spin, but no.

I am voting... for Runin.

I have articulated my position on this ad naseum. I feel that Runin's case is the best case for a day one lynch. I would rather defend myself later for harping on Runin, than for jumping around with my vote... that is all there is to it. EVERYONE has to defend themself at some point in this game, you know it and I know it. I feel like I am an asset to the town, and don't want to leave a trail of exploitable contradictions for the scum to use against me... pretty smart for a dumb chimp eh?

You have 9 votes on Smash right now. That means there are 13 other people in the game to get your last 3 votes from. Why not turn to the players who are trying to slide through to D2 without being a blip on anyone's radar?

The only time i worry about how my moves will be perceived is when I'm a power role or scum. In you're case however, I think I actually buy that you believe you're that valuable..

Archived