PREDATOR Mafia Game Thread

DPR

Lol I hope my days as a member of the axis of evil are done.

Nah, dude, I still think you're scum this game. :D

Anyway, on to what happened ... damn, sorry to see you go, Vicious. Trying to piece this together I think, slowly, we may be getting the pieces of the puzzle. There were 3 attacks last night with 2 on Vicious. I'm confident that the double hit on Vicious was by the same Predator group, similar to what happened to Shutout. But I have to wonder what happened to Runin was by a separate Predator.

Can the scum team really have 3 kill attempts a night?

What's interesting is that Vicious was a roleless townie and the scum STILL MISSED. That has to mean they have a percentage limitation. Vicious didn't have any protection as a roleless townie.

The counter could be that there was a doctor out there who protected him. But it would be real f'd up if the doc only protects for 1 attempt. I'm going with the percentage limitation.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dawn's light begins to filter through the jungle mist and all is quiet. Then, suddenly, a predator stands just in front of Runin.

Predator_screams.gif

Wrist blades snap out and the creature lunges for Runin's chest, barely missing as Runin dodges to the side.

The Predator disappears into the mist.

A PREDATOR HAS TRIED TO KILL RUNIN, AND FAILED.

Anyway, on to what happened ... damn, sorry to see you go, Vicious. Trying to piece this together I think, slowly, we may be getting the pieces of the puzzle. There were 3 attacks last night with 2 on Vicious. I'm confident that the double hit on Vicious was by the same Predator group, similar to what happened to Shutout. But I have to wonder what happened to Runin was by a separate Predator.

What's interesting is that Vicious was a roleless townie and the scum STILL MISSED. That has to mean they have a percentage limitation. Vicious didn't have any protection as a roleless townie.

The counter could be that there was a doctor out there who protected him. But it would be real f'd up if the doc only protects for 1 attempt. I'm going with the percentage limitation.

I don't know if we c assum the two shot we're real or flavor, but yeah on the percentages if so

Dawn's light begins to filter through the jungle mist and all is quiet. Then, suddenly, a predator stands just in front of Runin.

Predator_screams.gif

Wrist blades snap out and the creature lunges for Runin's chest, barely missing as Runin dodges to the side.

woaha..

Predator_screams.gif

Perhaps (for now anyway) we should buy Runin's reveal?

The night wind blows softly as insects you are not used to, frogs and nightbirds, all fill the air with strange sounds.

The camp is quiet, but no one is really sleeping. Half of you are on watch, the other half waiting, listening, and dreading the attack you know is coming. But when it does, it's not from where you expect.

From the center of camp, a tri-laser shoots out into the night, swings around, and lands on Vic. A flash instsntly blinds anybody looking, and an explosion rocks the tree Vic was sitting in. Vic is on the ground, writhing in the dirt until he pushes himself up and screams...

"What the f..."

A soft whir fills the air, and a blade star is suddenly protruding from Vic's forehead.

A SHOULDER CANNON TOOK A SHOT A VIC, AND MISSED.

A BLADE-STAR WAS THROWN AT VIC, AND DIDN'T.

VIC, A ROLELESS TOWNIE, HAS BEEN KILLED.

His body slumps onto the ground, and team members begin to rush toward him, but an explosion from the perimeter rocks the camp, and two flares cast red light through the trees.

A tri laser beam shoots down from the trees, aimed at Runin, and nobody has any questions as to what's about to happen...you begin to cringe, anticipating his demise, when a green laser shoots from the camp and straight into the source of the tri-laser.

A different shoulder cannon fires, but the aim is skewed by the green laser, and the explosion bursts out of the earth just to the side of Runin. He is launcehd into the air, but lands with only cuts and bruises.

A SHOT HAS BEEN TAKEN AT RUNIN, AND MISSED.

And as quickly as it began, it's over. Everyone is on high alert as the flares slowly die, but nothing else happens.

Nobody sleeps.

IT IS NOW DAY 2. YOU MAY BEGIN VOTING.

Interesting.

Did anyone else take this as 2 NK attempts, with a self protection and another protection on Runin? Hence the Green Laser and the Should Cannon, plus a tri-laser.

3 misses. 2 on the same player during the day, one at night. 2 NK's the first night.

2 teams is becoming more likely IMO.

The night wind blows softly as insects you are not used to, frogs and nightbirds, all fill the air with strange sounds.

The camp is quiet, but no one is really sleeping. Half of you are on watch, the other half waiting, listening, and dreading the attack you know is coming. But when it does, it's not from where you expect.

From the center of camp, a tri-laser shoots out into the night, swings around, and lands on Vic. A flash instsntly blinds anybody looking, and an explosion rocks the tree Vic was sitting in. Vic is on the ground, writhing in the dirt until he pushes himself up and screams...

"What the f..."

A soft whir fills the air, and a blade star is suddenly protruding from Vic's forehead.

His body slumps onto the ground, and team members begin to rush toward him, but an explosion from the perimeter rocks the camp, and two flares cast red light through the trees.

A tri laser beam shoots down from the trees, aimed at Runin, and nobody has any questions as to what's about to happen...you begin to cringe, anticipating his demise, when a green laser shoots from the camp and straight into the source of the tri-laser.

A different shoulder cannon fires, but the aim is skewed by the green laser, and the explosion bursts out of the earth just to the side of Runin. He is launcehd into the air, but lands with only cuts and bruises.

A PREDATOR HAS TAKEN A SHOT AT RUNIN, AND MISSED.

And as quickly as it began, it's over. Everyone is on high alert as the flares slowly die, but nothing else happens.

Nobody sleeps.

IT IS NOW DAY 2. YOU MAY BEGIN VOTING.

I revised one line in this scene - this one

"A PREDATOR HAS TAKEN A SHOT AT RUNIN, AND MISSED."

It used to say "A shot was taken at Runin, and missed."

This has been an interesting start. The choices dont make sense to me at all.

Shutout gets 2 kill attempts on him during the day. Not a player who creates a lot of attention, but eventually gets heat late from a lack of play.

Vic who was zeroed in on Smash doesnt really makes sense to go after him, there was no set up wifom of me play. He didnt even throw around other suspicion.

Then Runin who make no sense, you are taking the chance that he will be protected, can protect and leaving the easy wifom play the next day.

Then the 2nd scene makes me think this is multiple teams with differen weapons and thats why they are being used at different times, having different success rate and names. Or multiple independent Predators. IDK.

I revised one line in this scene - this one

"A PREDATOR HAS TAKEN A SHOT AT RUNIN, AND MISSED."

It used to say "A shot was taken at Runin, and missed."

This edit is pretty important guys.

In Vic's part of the death scene it does NOT say "A Predator" it just says predator weapons were used.

Then there was this separate scene:

Fill in the blanks... the way I see it, the Predators took 2 shots at Runin. The 2 shots at Vic came from elsewhere...

So, that said. I buy Runin's reveal right now... and am open to the 3rd party/team theories as well.

I don't know if we c assum the two shot we're real or flavor, but yeah on the percentages if so

There were 2 kill attempts on Shutout which I take as real by DPR. I would take as real 2 kill attempts on Vicious.

DPR mentioned that he would flip a coin on the random lynch as to whether to reveal stuff if the lynch happened. It is not a leap to think he's flipping a coin on other things. Hence, the missed kill on a roleless townie (Vicious).

Multiple attempts now on Runin.

I have to believe for balance sake if the Predators have kill attempts day and night they must be limited somehow, that's why they're missing (besides what seems to be a block on the first attempt on Runin).

I was actually thinking the same thing. There are so many kill attempts I'm thinking the Predators have a fairly high % chance of failing with their kills, and thus why they each get to try. 50% is my personal guess.

On the two team theory... I saw SK in the second scene. One lone Predator jumps in front of Runin and tries to kill him. That seems like they were acting on their own, while the other kill attempts (and one successful kill) seemed coordinated.

This edit is pretty important guys.

In Vic's part of the death scene it does NOT say "A Predator" it just says predator weapons were used.

Then there was this separate scene:

Fill in the blanks... the way I see it, the Predators took 2 shots at Runin. The 2 shots at Vic came from elsewhere...

So, that said. I buy Runin's reveal right now... and am open to the 3rd party/team theories as well.

Interesting stuff, Integrity. So you think it's a non-Predator vig or SK who made an attempt on Vicious.

If so, if Vig, why make an attempt on Vicious?

Somone said it earlier, but with 22 players I expect a lot of carnage. Monkey brains point about no mention of predator become clear once DPR clarified the predator in the runin attempt..

Tweedle Dan and Tweedle Mary both said they highly suspect Vic, I'm sure there we're others. Lets not rule out a vig

Interesting stuff, Integrity. So you think it's a non-Predator vig or SK who made an attempt on Vicious.

If so, if Vig, why make an attempt on Vicious?

DPR has made it clear that humans possess alien objects... and every time we've seen a Predator attack someone, he has made a point to say "A PREDATOR" (which only jumped out at me this time cause of the edit.) So, in Vic's case, it just says weapons were fired, but nothing about a Predator. I have to assume its possible that there is SK or Vig or something to that effect.

Why Viciouis? No idea. Other than JIF cupping his balls for him, and his butting heads with Smash this morning... I haven't noticed anything about him that I'd call odd.

There were 2 kill attempts on Shutout which I take as real by DPR. I would take as real 2 kill attempts on Vicious.

DPR mentioned that he would flip a coin on the random lynch as to whether to reveal stuff if the lynch happened. It is not a leap to think he's flipping a coin on other things. Hence, the missed kill on a roleless townie (Vicious).

Multiple attempts now on Runin.

I have to believe for balance sake if the Predators have kill attempts day and night they must be limited somehow, that's why they're missing (besides what seems to be a block on the first attempt on Runin).

Okay, this actually has real merit. I switch my SK opinion from a target on Runin to the SK having targeted Vic. Same basics in my theory though.

Runin stands in shock, as do most members of the team. But you are all hardened combat vets, and not likely to waste any time not moving with a purpose.

Runin turns around just in time to see...

The20Hunt20Begins.jpg

...twin blades plunge into his belly, lifitng him off of his feet, cutting through into his upper body as he screams in a way that is almost less human than the thing killing him.

The Predator slings him down into the ground, reaches into Runin's pack, and takes the helmet and shoulder canon.

It raises it's head and levels a baleful stare at the cold-shocked tema. Then it leaps into the trees and is gone.

RUNIN, A ROLELESS TOWNIE, HAS BEEN ATTACKED BY ANOTHER PREDATOR, AND KILLED.

DPR has made it clear that humans possess alien objects... and every time we've seen a Predator attack someone, he has made a point to say "A PREDATOR" (which only jumped out at me this time cause of the edit.) So, in Vic's case, it just says weapons were fired, but nothing about a Predator. I have to assume its possible that there is SK or Vig or something to that effect.

Why Viciouis? No idea. Other than JIF cupping his balls for him, and his butting heads with Smash this morning... I haven't noticed anything about him that I'd call odd.

Okay, more deductive reasoning by me here ...

The Predators and SK/Vig have a percentage limitation on kills. Adella says 50% and that's a good number for me. They each get 2 tries at night, if you target the same person you get a better chance at success.

BUT, if your kill attempt gets blocked you only get 1 try. Thus, there was only 1 kill attempt on Runin last night. The next kill attempt was during the day. There is probably another attempt coming up by the scum.

Question is whether the SK/Vig gets a day kill attempt. We haven't seen one thus far.

Runin stands in shock, as do most members of the team. But you are all hardened combat vets, and not likely to waste any time not moving with a purpose.

The20Hunt20Begins.jpg

...twin blades plunge into his belly, lifitng him off of his feet, cutting through into his upper body as he screams in a way that is almost less human than the thing killing him.

The Predator slings him down into the ground, reaches into Runin's pack, and takes the helmet and shoulder canon.

It raises it's head and levels a baleful stare at the cold-shocked tema. Then it leaps into the trees and is gone.

Makes sense now on how items/abilities can be transferred based off the circumstances of a death. Killed by predators = town losing a chance at the item...

This is another non-predator attack or what?

It looks like a Predator attack, the second day attempt:

The20Hunt20Begins.jpg

Great.. so I imagine he'll be a better marksman with runin's stuff.. We should've lynched him on the spot (or never run up a train on him) Anyone else with weopens they dont' know how to use?

Perhaps we should consider lynching them

This is what we have thus far:

1. Vic - Roleless Townie - Killed N1

2. Brett

3. JiF

4. SMC

5. Lily

6. Pac

7. Smash- Roless Townie - Lynched D1

8. Slats

9. I28

10. Crusher

11. Bleedin

12. Runin - Roleless Townie - Killed D2

13. Sharrow

14. Adella

15. Hess

16. Nae

17. AVM

18. JVoR

19. CTM

20. DanX

21. Barms

22. Shutout[shot at twice, still alive]

Makes sense now on how items/abilities can be transferred based off the circumstances of a death. Killed by predators = town losing a chance at the item...

I too noticed the Predator took the item off of Runin. Anyone think its possible we as town are humans stuck between teams of Predators who are trying to kill us off and get their stuff back to kill the other predators?

Great.. so I imagine he'll be a better marksman with runin's stuff.. We should've lynched him on the spot (or never run up a train on him) Anyone else with weopens they dont' know how to use?

Perhaps we should consider lynching them

But what is weird is the write up said a Roleless Townie but he had weapons too. That doesnt seem Roleless. Symantics maybe but still interesting.

RunIn had a shoulder cannon but failed to tell us about it. Makes me think he was a bulletproof vig, but didn't want to say anything.

Vic was shot at by a possibly non-predator shoulder cannon, and RunIn survived 2 attacks..

You think Runin was the one who shot Vic?

Archived