PREDATOR Mafia Game Thread

DPR

Things have certainly gotten very interesting around here. I agree with the idea that Vic's killer was not a Predator. The fact is that on more than one occasion DPR has not only specifically mentioned that a Predator was responsible for an attack / kill, but specifically gone back to add that fact in when it was originally excluded. Yet at no point was ANY mention of a Predator being responsible for either attack on Vic.

That said, with the two attacks on shutout yesterday and him surviving the whole day and night (which eliminates any question of flavor and confirms them as a separate attacks as far as I'm concerned) and the same again with Runin today, I am thinking that Vic was definitely attacked twice in the night phase, and that was not flavor. My current line of thinking on that is it was both a vig and SK, but with the multiple Predator daytime kill attempts make it possible we're looking at a SK/Vig with two kill attempts (with a % success on each).

It also seems clear the Predator's knew something more than we did about the armor/weapons considering they went full force after Runin once they knew he was carrying something, which should pretty much confirm what some people said yesterday about seriously needing to keep that information to ourselves. It may seem useless if you can't use it, but I think it's safe to assume that's the better alternative than it ending up in scum hands.

This occurred to me last night as well. The timing of the shots at him also implies that they know that we can make those things work, and wanted to get it out of Runin

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where did he say that?

I may stand corrected here... I've been under the impression we don't know how they work and never will but this post seems to make it sound like there's a possibility we can figure it out.

The General looks at each of you one more time.

"In addition to everything I have told you, I do have one more surprise. We have been able to collect several pieces of the Predators equipment. Some of you have been given these items, but we do not yet know how they work, so keep them hidden. It may well turn out that you learn their secrets and will be able to use them, in which case, they will be your best chance against the creatures that hunt you."

He lights a cigar.

"And I do mean creatures. The unit sent in before you was destroyed by more than one."

The General turns to Dutch. "Is there anything else that you can tell them?"

Dutch just shakes his head. "Be careful. Use your heads. They will hunt you, but they can be hunted in return. Good luck."

The General nods, and that's it. It's time to deploy. You begin to scramble, grabbing gear and loading into choppers. In a matter of minutes, three choppers lift into the pre-dawn mist and head toward the target zone.

The General and Dutch are left standing alone, lost in thought. Neither spots the tri-laser points on each other's chests until it is too late. The lasers climb up on to their foreheads, there is a flash, and both men crumple into the sand, headless..

DUTCH AND THE GENERAL ARE DEAD. DAY 1 HAS BEGUN. YOU MAY BEGIN VOTING.

I may stand corrected here... I've been under the impression we don't know how they work and never will but this post seems to make it sound like there's a possibility we can figure it out.

If you thought we couldn't use them, what did you think happened to Vic last night?

The weapons probably work when said player is killed by the player who killed him/her. Hence how it's activated.

But did the egg come first or the chicken? Do we have any translators that speak tard?

I think a SK killed him. A SK isn't "we".

Could be an SK, I'm thinking two vig's though. Maybe the two players DPR mentioned in this post-

The jungle is silent, almost aniticipating the next attack. But the mintues pass, and nothing else happens.

You know that they are close. You know that they are still watching you.

A soldier has their hand in a bag, gripping a Predator weapon, ready to pull it out should the attacks begin again...although they have no idea of how to use it.

Another soldier leaves their weapon in their backpack. No use even trying to figure out this one...

A third soldier fits a cuff around their arm. It would be a last ditch effort, but better to go down fighting...

From the trees, the Predators watch and wait...

Giant retard has weapon but can't use it. Giant retard is killed. Person who killed Giant retard now has weapon and can use it.

What did Giant Retards killer use in the first place? a chokehold?

I'd look more closely at the people who jumped right off after the reveal, I'm certain the predetors knew that NK'ing him would be better then lynching on account of recovering those weopens..

fwiw.. jvor was the first to quickly unvote, followed by smash.. Unfortunately with the time situation, this isn't too damning.. I wish we had more time to kick this around. It's clear predators would've pushed hard to let runin live post reveal..

I'm not certain, nor do I think it's clear.

I think it's clear they were concerned that Runin had a weapon of theirs, and he went on to suggest that it might result in him having a finder role. Could easily be no more than that.

I was trying to figure out which would be better for the town, and the thought I had is that we might be punished for lynching him, and lose the Predator weapon as a result. I think any case you try to put together based on this theory is going to be very weak. It was the right play for town 99% of the time to lynch the player claiming roleless, and spare the guy claiming he might be useful.

Bottom line is that anyone else packing Predator toys is going to have to really keep that to themselves.

I think it's clear they were concerned that Runin had a weapon of theirs, and he went on to suggest that it might result in him having a finder role. Could easily be no more than that.

I was trying to figure out which would be better for the town, and the thought I had is that we might be punished for lynching him, and lose the Predator weapon as a result. I think any case you try to put together based on this theory is going to be very weak. It was the right play for town 99% of the time to lynch the player claiming roleless, and spare the guy claiming he might be useful.

Bottom line is that anyone else packing Predator toys is going to have to really keep that to themselves.

You think scum doesn't know that NK'ing someone who has their weapons results in recovery of those weapons?

It's possible they asked and we're told PAFO, but it's fairly common for the scum to have an informational advantage like this.

i think it is just as important if people don't have weapons to not wave that flag around. It's not as if the law of inference does not exist.

You think scum doesn't know that NK'ing someone who has their weapons results in recovery of those weapons?

It's possible they asked and we're told PAFO, but it's fairly common for the scum to have an informational advantage like this.

I think it's possible, but I don't think it's certain or clear.

I think it's certainly clear that they wanted to kill a player they knew had one. It's not clear that they wouldn't've been just as happy at the time with a lynch. The benefit to them could simply be that the town can no longer use that piece of equipment.

That might ultimately be the case. I just pointed out the townie perspective of doing the same action i.e what i did. If you have similar motivations on different alignments it's a null or unreliable tell.

Do you disagree with my logic there?

2 Vigs? Both who shot on N1?

Vote Sharrow

We know that two non-predators tried to kill him, which is more likely? An SK and a Vig, two SK's, or two townies with weapons (Vig's)? I'd say the two townies.

What did one Giant retard say to the other?

No, how he repeated your suggestion and threw down the intimidatory "vote sharrow" without explanation. Trying to be all intimating but really coming off like a little bitch

I think it's possible, but I don't think it's certain or clear.

I think it's certainly clear that they wanted to kill a player they knew had one. It's not clear that they wouldn't've been just as happy at the time with a lynch. The benefit to them could simply be that the town can no longer use that piece of equipment.

Meh.. it's clear to me. I'll be surprised if it's not revealed later that they knew the deal

That might ultimately be the case. I just pointed out the townie perspective of doing the same action i.e what i did. If you have similar motivations on different alignments it's a null or unreliable tell.

Do you disagree with my logic there?

No, which is why i said in retrospect i wish we had more time to kick it around. Had to tell motivations in a rushed situation, unless there's a slip.. but both sides i think had motivation to let him survive the day..

No, how he repeated your suggestion and threw down the intimidatory "vote sharrow" without explanation. Trying to be all intimating but really coming off like a little bitch

Lol, well, that too. But it wasn't a question, it was a joke.

You were supposed to say "what did he say?"

From the center of camp, a tri-laser shoots out into the night, swings around, and lands on Vic. A flash instsntly blinds anybody looking, and an explosion rocks the tree Vic was sitting in. Vic is on the ground, writhing in the dirt until he pushes himself up and screams...

"What the f..."

A soft whir fills the air, and a blade star is suddenly protruding from Vic's forehead.

A SHOULDER CANNON TOOK A SHOT A VIC, AND MISSED.

A BLADE-STAR WAS THROWN AT VIC, AND DIDN'T.

VIC, A ROLELESS TOWNIE, HAS BEEN KILLED.

Re-reading this, I'm not even 100% sure that two different players tried to kill Vic. Again, it could be flavor. The same player who fired the cannon could've thrown the blade-star, too.

I like to lean towards the less-paranoid, so I think I'll be going with a single SK or vig for the time being. If we get three NK attempts on three different players tomorrow night, then obviously I'll change my tune on that.

i was laughing at you meatball :D

ahh. So am I chalking you down for the 2 Vig theory as well? The one where they coordinate via the chat they'd have to have and decide to both launch attacks on Vic?

If you don't understand why that's ridiculous then I don't know what to tell you PP.

Archived