PREDATOR Mafia Game Thread

DPR

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Re-reading this, I'm not even 100% sure that two different players tried to kill Vic. Again, it could be flavor. The same player who fired the cannon could've thrown the blade-star, too.

I like to lean towards the less-paranoid, so I think I'll be going with a single SK or vig for the time being. If we get three NK attempts on three different players tomorrow night, then obviously I'll change my tune on that.

I think along these lines as well, 1 player and it was runin.. I don't even know if i buy 2 shots means anything. If memory serves, everytime theres been 2 separate attempts on a life they've occured in separate posts from dpr

ahh. So am I chalking you down for the 2 Vig theory as well? The one where they coordinate via the chat they'd have to have and decide to both launch attacks on Vic?

If you don't understand why that's ridiculous then I don't know what to tell you PP.

No. Just your post was funny.. The 2 vig idea doesn't make sense to me

Re-reading this, I'm not even 100% sure that two different players tried to kill Vic. Again, it could be flavor. The same player who fired the cannon could've thrown the blade-star, too.

I like to lean towards the less-paranoid, so I think I'll be going with a single SK or vig for the time being. If we get three NK attempts on three different players tomorrow night, then obviously I'll change my tune on that.

I guess that's possible. Runin apparently had two items (mask and gun) I guess it's not out of the question that another player had two weapons.

Well I still think Runin took one shot at Vic.. obviously missed and someone else shot him with the little(or not so little) pointy thing. He was still amongst us in the scene DPR posted... someone pulled the thing out of his head. We then walked a ways and saw the three hung upside down and skinned that was obvious predator kills. That, to me, makes it obvious Vic WASN'T a predator kill.

I can see why Runin took a shot at Vic.. but was the other one who took a shot a trigger happy vig or a solo winning sk? I dunno why either of them wasted their shot N1.. especially if Vic's killer is town. Well I guess runin may have been pissed off about nearly being lynched or figured he was toast from what he revealed anyways so decided to use his weapon before he lost it?

I think along these lines as well, 1 player and it was runin.. I don't even know if i buy 2 shots means anything. If memory serves, everytime theres been 2 separate attempts on a life they've occured in separate posts from dpr

I don't think it was Runin. He died a roleless townie. I think if he had the ability to NK, DPR would've given him a role and revealed it.

Doesn't really matter, though, because we know another player pulled the blade-star out of Vic's head and pocketed it.

Yes, your play so far has been outstanding. Similar to last game where you had it all figured out. I suppose you can continue to skate along this way as you seem to do every game.

Skating takes too much effort, I prefer to slide.

CkMzHGA8GgM

I'm going to speculate again.....

Thought you might want time to cringe....

As a mod, I can't see giving a mafia team multiple kills. Of course, this IS DPR, but still, I wouldn't have done that, and all I can really go on is what makes sense to me. I think we're probably looking at 4 individual predators, each with a shot every day (and night?) and to balance the number, a percentage chance of success. That's a lot of shots, and would have to be a low percentage. I thought 50% at first, but not with this many attempts per day.

Anyway, maybe there's something in my thoughts that one of you can take and build on and we can go from there. I know parts of what I said have been proposed already.

This game is really tough for me. Like I said last game (which got laughed at *pout*) I'm not really a logical, analytical thinker as a rule. I have moments, but I'm more an intuitive player. This game is requiring more analysis than I can really keep up with. That's why I'm doing more agreeing than proposing.

I don't think it was Runin. He died a roleless townie. I think if he had the ability to NK, DPR would've given him a role and revealed it.

Doesn't really matter, though, because we know another player pulled the blade-star out of Vic's head and pocketed it.

I'd say DPR already confirmed they'd be listed as roleless.

I guess that's possible. Runin apparently had two items (mask and gun) I guess it's not out of the question that another player had two weapons.

One of the tricks with this game is going to be separating the clues from the flavor. I'm not reading anything into Runin having his gun taken away from him because according to the game's opening line...

There are 22 of you. You are the best of the best, soldiers from every corner of the globe, chosen for your expertise and specialized knowledge.

... we are all soldiers. As far as the narrated scenes go, we probably all have weapons. That doesn't mean we have roles.

Also:

1. Their are Townies, and there are Mafia. The Topwn wins when all of the mafia have been killed. The Mafia win when they gain a voting advantage over the town (numbes equal to, or over the Town).

That seems pretty straight forward, too. Mafia's only going to gain a voting advantage if they all play for the same team. I think we can sh!t-can these multiple, individual Predator theories.

hmm.. not paying attention are you?

is not good..

I'm ready to monkey FOS half the damn game..

I'd say DPR already confirmed they'd be listed as roleless.

He confirmed that players with Predator equipment they didn't know how to use would be listed as roleless, not that vigilantes would be listed as roleless.

sharrow already quoted it. DPR said that a townie with predator weapons would be listed as roleless..

And I already responded to it:

He confirmed that players with Predator equipment they didn't know how to use would be listed as roleless, not that vigilantes would be listed as roleless.

If Runin had NK ability, he would've had a role, IMHO.

But he lied about his gun, are we to assume he did this cause he didn't know how to use it either?

and would you say it's clear they wouldn't be listed as roless? ;)

And I already responded to it:

If Runin had NK ability, he would've had a role, IMHO.

Well, if the weapons give him the NK ability, and like DPR said, the weapons have no reflection on his role, then he's going to be listed as roleless, no?

But he lied about his gun, are we to assume he did this cause he didn't know how to use it either?

I've already discussed this, too. Maybe you're the one who's not paying attention.

Post #1798

I've already discussed this, too. Maybe you're the one who's not paying attention.

Post #1798

Nice try. I read that.

Are you contending that us regular soldiers have standard issue shoulder canons? Just like the predator used in the movies, btw..

...twin blades plunge into his belly, lifitng him off of his feet, cutting through into his upper body as he screams in a way that is almost less human than the thing killing him.

The Predator slings him down into the ground, reaches into Runin's pack, and takes the helmet and shoulder canon.

It raises it's head and levels a baleful stare at the cold-shocked tema. Then it leaps into the trees and is gone.

RUNIN, A ROLELESS TOWNIE, HAS BEEN ATTACKED BY ANOTHER PREDATOR, AND KILLED.

Well, if the weapons give him the NK ability, and like DPR said, the weapons have no reflection on his role, then he's going to be listed as roleless, no?

A person who can kill at night has a role.

Runin had a piece of gear that he didn't know how to use. That's what made him roleless. Maybe once he figured it out, he would've had a role that would've been listed upon his death.

We're all soldiers. For flavor purposes, we all have weapons - also, MHO.

I do not believe that Runin took the shot at Vic. But again, it doesn't matter because we know that another player in this game took the blade-star out of Vic's head and held onto it. Could've been the player who originally killed Vic, could be someone else - but one of us has a weapon in their possession that they can use at night to kill.

If the same player shot the canon and threw the blade star, then the VicKiller could not be Runin.

Runin's death scene said the Predators took his mask and cannon. There was no mention of a blade-star.

Thus, if it was another human who tried to kill Vicious, who was it? And why?

Nice try. I read that.

Are you contending that us regular soldiers have standard issue shoulder canons? Just like the predator used in the movies, btw..

I don't know the movies. Just what I read in the wiki that said that Arnold discovered in the first one that Predators only kill armed people. So for flavor purposes, I'm assuming we're all armed - and as such, subject to being killed by a Predator.

One of the tricks with this game is going to be separating the clues from the flavor. I'm not reading anything into Runin having his gun taken away from him because according to the game's opening line...

... we are all soldiers. As far as the narrated scenes go, we probably all have weapons. That doesn't mean we have roles.

Also:

That seems pretty straight forward, too. Mafia's only going to gain a voting advantage if they all play for the same team. I think we can sh!t-can these multiple, individual Predator theories.

Not necessarily. What if they know who each other is, but can't communicate with each other? As a group of individuals, they can gain a voting majority. It could be.

Not necessarily. What if they know who each other is, but can't communicate with each other? As a group of individuals, they can gain a voting majority. It could be.

I really don't think so.

You think scum doesn't know that NK'ing someone who has their weapons results in recovery of those weapons?

It's possible they asked and we're told PAFO, but it's fairly common for the scum to have an informational advantage like this.

Yes, it is. :yes:

How the **** should I know, Hess and Pac are Giant retards.

Sharrow, darling, that really lost something in the delayed delivery.

I wouldn

I don't know the movies. Just what I read in the wiki that said that Arnold discovered in the first one that Predators only kill armed people. So for flavor purposes, I'm assuming we're all armed - and as such, subject to being killed by a Predator.

I wouldn't be so quick to make that assumption. Runin is the only confirmed predator kill so far and there is speculation he was armed. Let's see what happens.

Archived