PREDATOR Mafia Game Thread

DPR

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm back and caught up.

It is concerning that the Predators get so many chances to kill us. And to top it off, they get to take our weapons from us if their kill attempts succeed. Also concerning that two non-Predators targeted Vicious last night. Even though I'm the first to admit I had my suspicions of Vicious, it seems too rash to be true if we're looking at two townies. I'm interested by the SK idea, although I thought I remembered someone saying a SK didn't fit in with the movie (I may be wrong). Another possibility is conditions for when/how weapons can be used. Still doesn't quite make sense, though.

I agree with CTM that role claims are going to become very precarious in the future. I wish we knew for sure whether we get to keep people's weapons if they get lynched.

I wouldn't be so quick to make that assumption. Runin is the only confirmed predator kill so far and there is speculation he was armed. Let's see what happens.

Fair enough. Doesn't really effect the way I'm looking at the game. It's just what I'm going with for now. Why would he make half a finder claim with the mask, and leave out the gun? That kind of semi-reveal might've made sense if he was a SK, but not a townie.

Fair enough. Doesn't really effect the way I'm looking at the game. It's just what I'm going with for now. Why would he make half a finder claim with the mask, and leave out the gun? That kind of semi-reveal might've made sense if he was a SK, but not a townie.

People might not have bought his claim if he said he had both. I know I wouldn't have.

But Runin guessed that he was a finder. Remember, he said he didn't know how to use the mask yet. So he guessed that he would eventually learn how to use it.

He remained silent about the canon and, we can assume the reason for that is that he already knew how to use it.

So it wasn't a "semi reveal." DPR said that some soldiers have Predator weapons and it turns out Runin was one of them.

I lie with townie claims all the time, in an effort to manipulate scum, obviously you have to be careful doing so..

Hey Dan x nice to see you. My guess is their is a standard team of mafia Preda-turds and their competing with one another for our hides. I also think that it's possible that they don;t have all their equipment and that may have something to do with some of the lack of precision in their kill attempts. Not sure how the hell a SK or even a Vig fits in. Unless we want to talk about the rebels as a third team?

Not sure how this talk gets us any closer to catching a predator? I really don't'

Hey Dan x nice to see you. My guess is their is a standard team of mafia Preda-turds and their competing with one another for our hides. I also think that it's possible that they don;t have all their equipment and that may have something to do with some of the lack of precision in their kill attempts. Not sure how the hell a SK or even a Vig fits in. Unless we want to talk about the rebels as a third team?

Not sure how this talk gets us any closer to catching a predator? I really don't'

That is a possibility. I think Hess mentioned that, too. I was curious about the potential for a SK/townie with vig capabilities because it might help us figure out the number of kill attempts we have to worry about during the day and what that might entail for our approach.

I'm going to check some things about a couple people. (Got a little distracted by the Kristen Stewart thread, hehe.)

neither

Well I walk these streets

With a loaded 6 string on my back

I'm playing for keeps

Cause I might not make it back

I been eeeeeverywhere

And I'm still standin tall

I've seen a million faces

And I rocked them all.

Cause I'm cowboy

On a steel horse I ride

I'm wanted

Dead or Alive.

The Predators have taken a time-out to go and view the Kristen Stewart thread. I can't be sure, but it's looking like "NOT HOT" so far. But they have different standards...

The Predators have taken a time-out to go and view the Kristen Stewart thread. I can't be sure, but it's looking like "NOT HOT" so far. But they have different standards...

I don't understand the lack of love for Kristen Stewart! HOT all the way!!! Coincidentally, last week I managed to change JVoR's mind about her after spamming him with pictures. Of course, maybe he just said it to make me stop.

Back to the game ... I've been reading back quite a bit. What a headache with this many people.

Naeann at one point said she was putting aside anything she noticed about Runin and Adella because of our "unwritten rule". I'd be interested to hear any thoughts she has on Adella, since Adella's not giving us anything to work with herself. I read through all of her posts and feel like I gained almost nothing.

JVoR is intriguing to me because of how closely our thoughts have aligned this game. We've never been anywhere near this level of agreement on Day 1 before. I don't know if he's trying to keep me off his scent or what. On the other hand, in all of our games here we've never been town together, so there is a small possibility our Day 1 mirroring was a coincidence. I might have waited longer to see if it continued, but he seems to have veered off into the bantering with CTM.

But Runin guessed that he was a finder. Remember, he said he didn't know how to use the mask yet. So he guessed that he would eventually learn how to use it.

He remained silent about the canon and, we can assume the reason for that is that he already knew how to use it.

So it wasn't a "semi reveal." DPR said that some soldiers have Predator weapons and it turns out Runin was one of them.

Why would he reveal the ability to kill at will? By telling us he has the shoulder cannon, we're a lot more likely to lynch him so that he can't just run around killing us all at a whim. And whether you know how to use it or not, the weapon was indicated as exactly that, of course he's gonna guess that it is for killing and try to figure out how to use it.

Naeann at one point said she was putting aside anything she noticed about Runin and Adella because of our "unwritten rule". I'd be interested to hear any thoughts she has on Adella, since Adella's not giving us anything to work with herself. I read through all of her posts and feel like I gained almost nothing.

I'll be honest with you on Adella. I was her very first mod. I've seen her on the QT board (mason) and on thread. I've played several games with her. I think I may know her best of anyone. And I can never tell when she's scum. I think I taught her too well. lol

I know you were asking Nae, but I thought it was worth mentioning. Maybe Nae sees something about her that I don't.

Current Vote Count:

I28 (1) - jiF

JiF (2) - CTM, SMC

Sharrow (1) - Pac

With 19 players, it takes 10 to lynch.

To read the last 19 posts, you need 10 martinis...

*Game days will now have a 72 hour deadline. Day 2 will end Thursday night at 10 pm, EST

A person who can kill at night has a role.

Runin had a piece of gear that he didn't know how to use. That's what made him roleless. Maybe once he figured it out, he would've had a role that would've been listed upon his death.

We're all soldiers. For flavor purposes, we all have weapons - also, MHO.

I do not believe that Runin took the shot at Vic. But again, it doesn't matter because we know that another player in this game took the blade-star out of Vic's head and held onto it. Could've been the player who originally killed Vic, could be someone else - but one of us has a weapon in their possession that they can use at night to kill.

Not if his cannon worked similarly to the blade star in that he simply possessed an item that could be used to kill someone. It's already been established from the scenes that cannons like the one Runin had can be used to shoot people. Carrying an item that can kill - and can be picked up by other people under certain circumstances - is different from being roled ...

I'll be honest with you on Adella. I was her very first mod. I've seen her on the QT board (mason) and on thread. I've played several games with her. I think I may know her best of anyone. And I can never tell when she's scum. I think I taught her too well. lol

I know you were asking Nae, but I thought it was worth mentioning. Maybe Nae sees something about her that I don't.

What is she typically like as town, if you had to describe her?

I see dead people.

Lots of 'em.

Well? Kristen Stewart? What is your final verdict? She's losing 13-9 right now, I can't believe it.

You seem bothered.

Really? Is it that much worse than: "OMGZZZZZ I <3 teh VICGOD he's so effing hawt?"

Not at all.

Now THIS is the JiF I'm used to.

That cut-and-paste from email was too emo for me.

Dont ever cal me emo again.

If not me who else you ****ing whore. Can;t a big man have feelings?

I <3 your feelings.

Well? Kristen Stewart? What is your final verdict? She's losing 13-9 right now, I can't believe it.

I'm gonna have to give her a thumbs down - and I'm sorry for those of you who are her fans - but that attitude has got to go.

THE PREDATORS HAVE KILLED KRISTEN STEWART, THEREBY ENDING MOVIES OF DUBIOUS QUALITY. AND THAT WAS THE PREDATORS...

What is she typically like as town, if you had to describe her?

Adella is....... Adella. Yeah, really helpful. :P Let's see, she's friendly and really gets along well with everybody. I guess "helpful townie" would describe her. She's smart and picks up details pretty well - better than I do, for sure. If she decides you are scum, she will get in your face without blinking an eye. She's better at offense then defense, I think. I hope that helps. She's like a little sister to me, and you can imagine how hard it is to articulate what you just KNOW about someone you're close to.

I'm out for the night, with a lady friend (4 pacturd).

Honestly, I'm shocked that not a single player is curious about I28 who dug so hard into Runin that he outed a power role. That type of play around here is usually gobbled up and spit out quick like.

Why is nobody joining? Dont know. Having a really hard time reading this game...everyone seems like scum. So maybe I'm crazy and its obvious town play or maybe I'm right nobody is joining because he's got back dawg.

I'm gonna have to give her a thumbs down - and I'm sorry for those of you who are her fans - but that attitude has got to go.

THE PREDATORS HAVE KILLED KRISTEN STEWART, THEREBY ENDING MOVIES OF DUBIOS QUALITY. AND THAT WAS THE PREDATORS...

I don't care about her attitude, her stoner habits, or what poor-quality movies she's in ... she's the only female aside from Adriana Lima (before the second boob job) that I find seriously attractive. YUM. :)

I don't care about her attitude, her stoner habits, or what poor-quality movies she's in ... she's the only female aside from Adriana Lima (before the second boob job) that I find seriously attractive. YUM. :)

Maybe if her hair was red. I seem to like redheads. No clue why. I don't tend to find it attractive on men. *shakes head* But she has pretty eyes - the same color as mine.

Adella is....... Adella. Yeah, really helpful. :P Let's see, she's friendly and really gets along well with everybody. I guess "helpful townie" would describe her. She's smart and picks up details pretty well - better than I do, for sure. If she decides you are scum, she will get in your face without blinking an eye. She's better at offense then defense, I think. I hope that helps. She's like a little sister to me, and you can imagine how hard it is to articulate what you just KNOW about someone you're close to.

Interesting to keep in mind, thanks.

I'm out for the night, with a lady friend (4 pacturd).

Honestly, I'm shocked that not a single player is curious about I28 who dug so hard into Runin that he outed a power role. That type of play around here is usually gobbled up and spit out quick like.

Why is nobody joining? Dont know. Having a really hard time reading this game...everyone seems like scum. So maybe I'm crazy and its obvious town play or maybe I'm right nobody is joining because he's got back dawg.

I'm planning to take a better look at him. I was wary of him at the start, then he started seeming more townie-like to me, but I need to do a more careful read-through later tonight. (Slightly burnt out at the moment after reading through all the empty posts from several players and gaining very little.)

Archived