PREDATOR Mafia Game Thread

DPR

I'm more than willing to call you out on your play when it's as inconsistent and shady as your play has been this game.

I've actually been consistently confused. I'm tired of that, believe me, so I'm going to get a handle on this game, one way or another.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
smells like false bravado.. i can see the yellow boy

I don't even know what this means.

All I know is I've spent a week reading, paying close attention, and contributing. Fact of the matter is for all my trouble I don't have an effin clue who or how many Predators there are. I felt good about Runnin and was wrong.. Felt good about you and still do to a certain extent but your theatrics earlier have me second guessing myself.

I don't like JiF's reactions last night and JVoR's sudden interest in me but that could just be because I know I'm innocent and am naturally concerned about those looking to make a case on me out of nothing.

If you think lynching me is going to uncover some mystery than by all means fire away. Just know this though.. if you are innocent then you'll simply be killing another roleless townie and be right back here tomorrow pointing your slimy finger at the next person. Let's hope that time you'll be right.

On that note I'm off to my boys KG graduation and will be back in a few hours. Do what you want to do but I'm keeping my vote on SMC for now.

I think lily is always going to be an easy lynch and jvor's fixation with her is my main reason to be suspicious of him. If he succeeds in getting her lynched, I'm real curious to see the results..

and you not even questioning her one bit is what initially made me suspicious of you. You automatically excusing Lily's erratic play as her being herself is based on what, a lark?

I promised I'd go over some things that stood out to me with SMC. Early on, I didn't like this vote on Brett (the fourth) followed the comment that he only placed the second vote on him later. Those were consecutive posts from him.

Unvote: Vicious

Vote: Brett

L8 now.

Hard to call ONE vote on Brent (mine makes 2) a bandwagon. That's not even a cart.

I do not get the town logic for lynching someone scum took a shot at, but SMC liked that right away:

I think Shutout is a good play here. We get information from his death and he's not a great loss anyway based on his production (no offense, Shutout. :))

This is one of his theories that I didn't like, there were others.

They were individuals in the movie.

In fact, in the Predator vs. Alien movie, the Predators were on a survivor type mission with 3 or 4 young predators who were sent to fight the Aliens. There would be only 1 winner in the end.

They live together as a hunting clan, but Predators are solitary hunters. That's where I get the idea of a bunch of solos. They don't hunt in teams.

And, I didn't come up with the CTMbuss argument. I came up solely with the solo argument.

He was part the quick votes/unvotes on Smash a few minutes after DPR announced that a deadline would be in place for 23 hours from then.

I'll ...

Unvote: Smash

That went entirely too quick there.

and you not even questioning her one bit is what initially made me suspicious of you. You automatically excusing Lily's erratic play as her being herself is based on what, a lark?

I've already explained that. Besides, my read on her is that she's always going to come off as scummy. That doesn't mean I never want to lynch her, but it just means it's par for the course and not giving me any additional reason to be suspicious.

It's the inverse of your lady friend, she town tells like mad when she's innocent and when she's not it's more neutral. Kind of like this game.

I've already explained that. Besides, my read on her is that she's always going to come off as scummy. That doesn't mean I never want to lynch her, but it just means it's par for the course and not giving me any additional reason to be suspicious.

It's the inverse of your lady friend, she town tells like mad when she's innocent and when she's not it's more neutral. Kind of like this game.

So you've seen her play as town and witnessed that there is no difference?

Your reasoning is essentially, she's going to be scummy no matter what so leave it be? What level of scummy does she have to be for you to change your tune?

I just got back and have been rushing to catch up. Very interesting afternoon we've had.

I'm really baffled by CTM's self-vote. It's like he's suddenly become a shell of his former self, whose reasonable and insightful approach to the game I greatly admired. My gut reaction is that he's bluffing. For a roleless townie to self-vote and make such an asinine bet on Day 2 is absurd. Especially for one who's normally a clear, careful thinker. He's supposedly so lost he doesn't know where to turn ... yet feels confident enough to make the dummy bet with SMC? I dislike this pod-person version of CTM.

I agree that there's (unfortunately) no good reason to hop on Adella right now, considering how long we'd have to wait for her to get back. Did she ever show up last night? In the past she's used the excuse of no one being around to talk to when she's around, but by this point in the game there should be more than enough for her to comment on for us to read during the day.

I'm conflicted about JVoR. In the past we have heatedly debated whether it's beneficial for townies to ever a) lie to the town or B) self-vote. I don't know if there's anything JVoR hates more than self-voters. With that said, he would know I know that, so my guard is up. If he's scum he seems to be tailoring his play and suspicions to align with mine.

Need to read back a little more carefully on a few things.

So you've seen her play as town and witnessed that there is no difference?

Your reasoning is essentially, she's going to be scummy no matter what so leave it be? What level of scummy does she have to be for you to change your tune?

Probably not scummy, JYOYo Ma

me 3

If you guys want to lynch me go for it... This has been beyond frustrating.. It would be a mercy kill at this point.

I won't even bring up the fact you're quoting a guy you've been fosing all game or he's quoting someone that has him as one of his top 3 suspects. :rolleyes:

A bit dramatic considering nobody has voted you.

So, you are voting me for pushing a day one case in a game with 22 players that happened to end with an armed town player revealing. Nevermind the obvious risks that come along with day one lynchings and trains? Okay, well I've explained my case ad nauseum, and there is not much left to say. It sucks that he had a role, but he didn't exactly help the situation now did he?

Now, the part in BOLD is just not true.... and this is why I am still tempted to vote for you.

I voted you YESTERDAY at 8pm. I was the 3rd vote on you. Would have been in with my vote sooner, but as I explained I had an interview that was kinda more important.

Today I voted Lily and I think I was the only vote on her when I did.

Finally, in this cluster**** between CTM and SMC I have been reluctant to vote, but I did just vote SMC because he's the one that was proposing all the "deals."

You are buying this? CTM spent all of his earlier posts hinting at how any armed/roled player might be better off being lynched so the Predators don't get their weapons... which if people buy into this thinking, it means being a roleless townie is a good thing... and of course both of these scumbags reveal early with "roleless townie."

Didnt read...too long...waste of time.

I don't like JiF's reactions last night and JVoR's sudden interest in me but that could just be because I know I'm innocent and am naturally concerned about those looking to make a case on me out of nothing.

Chastize me for my "reactions"...whatever that means, yet look at your reaction to a couple FOS in your direction, no votes, just some suspicions. :roll:

I just got back and have been rushing to catch up. Very interesting afternoon we've had.

I'm really baffled by CTM's self-vote. It's like he's suddenly become a shell of his former self, whose reasonable and insightful approach to the game I greatly admired. My gut reaction is that he's bluffing. For a roleless townie to self-vote and make such an asinine bet on Day 2 is absurd. Especially for one who's normally a clear, careful thinker. He's supposedly so lost he doesn't know where to turn ... yet feels confident enough to make the dummy bet with SMC? I dislike this pod-person version of CTM..

I've displeased both of them :(

My thinking is that there's a good portion of scum amongst the more vocal players. Lynching 1 of us, any 1 of us, would be preferable then running up deadline and quick lynching an inactive since the scum seem intent on clearing them out anyway.

Plus i was curious to see if SMC would accept and who would gladly take me up on my offer, like Pachole did

My thinking is that there's a good portion of scum amongst the more vocal players. Lynching 1 of us, any 1 of us, would be preferable then running up deadline and quick lynching an inactive since the scum seem intent on clearing them out anyway.

Plus i was curious to see if SMC would accept and who would gladly take me up on my offer, like Pachole did

I guess that means we're throwing out the Christmas Card.

pied-piper1.jpg

I think lily is always going to be an easy lynch and jvor's fixation with her is my main reason to be suspicious of him. If he succeeds in getting her lynched, I'm real curious to see the results..

This reads to me like you're trying to cover for a teammate...

UNOFFICIAL Current Vote Count:

I28 (1) - JiF

JiF (1) - Hess

CTM (1) - CTM

SMC (7) - Slats, Bleedin, Crusher, Pac, Brett, I28, Lily

Nae (3) - JVOR, SMC, Sharrow

Lily (1) - Barm

With 19 players, it takes 10 to lynch.

And it's okay to vote for people with more than 3 letters in their name. Really.

*Game days will now have a 72 hour deadline. Day 2 will end Thursday night at 10 pm, EST

This reads to me like you're trying to cover for a teammate...

Being the object of the fixation, I appreciate his thoughts, frankly. It also slides him down my list of suspects, being that I'm not the most popular person to support. Which tells me he probably means it. I'm not surprised you (and several others) would see it that way, tho.

SMC accused me of going hard after Runin.

You went hard after Runin after his reveal, similar to Vicious. Vicious was town but I wonder if the same could be said about you. You're not playing like your town PI self and I wonder why.

I didn't. But guess who did?

If there's any wisdom in the idea that the Predators are aware of townies with their property, and the way to get it back is to kill them rather than lynch them, then his sudden stop on Runin is also noteworthy:

I agree. We should be looking at RuninOut and Lily tomorrow.

Vote: Smashmouth

I agree, this day has definitely lingered and we haven't expanded our view.

But what is the choice? Looking back and all things considered, I'd rather vote for Runin, but he has 2 votes on him. That's not going to do us any good.

Pushy? Don't include me in that. I just voted. People can vote as they please.

The person I want to vote for is Runin, but there's only 2 to 3 others on that vote and I don't believe in "principal votes" when a deadline is near. That's an easy way to pass the buck and keep your hands clean.

The ironic thing is no one would have made such a connection but you. People would have seen it just as I had written it--my personal preference, which is still the case.

I'll vote for Runin if there's a chance for him to be lynched before the deadline. Otherwise, I stay with Smash.

Same here.

Unvote: Smash

Vote: Runin

For me, it's a vote for someone you think is scummy (Runin) versus voting for someone just to avoid the random lynch with the deadline (Smash).

Smash seems disinterested and unattentive (as noted by his recent take on DPR's scene posting). I don't read that as scummy. Plus, it may be WIFOM-esque, but unless Smash's scummates are pissed at him for not being active (like Crusher was at Sharrow in the Thing game) and are leading a train to do him in, I don't see a someone acting as he has and being scum.

No, since I think Runin is scummy and Smash is merely deadweight.

Cut the deadweight and let the scum live is not a good strategy, is it?

Followed by:

It's 10 minutes. Both at L-2 IIRC.

I'm keeping my vote on Smash. I believe Runin's reveal. It makes sense.

He's still my best bet for scum today. If people want to make a move to another player, I'll probably still be distracted by SMC the next day - but that's my problem.

I hold you in the highest regard. You earned my admiration when you screwed JVoR backwards and forwards and upside down in the zombie game (watching that game made me want to start playing mafia), and you modded my very first one. When I'm getting a town vibe from you, I feel very reassured to have you around. Normally your thoughtful perspective makes me see things in a new way. So I am very concerned by pod-CTM.

I don't know what SMC's reaction would tell you either way. A) He's town, and very wrong, but confident in his wrong ways. B) He's scum, and he knows we rarely follow through on things like this.

I promised I'd go over some things that stood out to me with SMC. Early on, I didn't like this vote on Brett (the fourth) followed the comment that he only placed the second vote on him later. Those were consecutive posts from him.

I do not get the town logic for lynching someone scum took a shot at, but SMC liked that right away:

This is one of his theories that I didn't like, there were others.

He was part the quick votes/unvotes on Smash a few minutes after DPR announced that a deadline would be in place for 23 hours from then.

Wonderful case there, slats.

Good thing you punked out on the deal because once I flip town on the lynch you'll be able to try to dance your way out of your own lynch. You've only been this dead wrong as scum.

As to JVOR's point on Lily, and her faux reasoning vote on me, I'd go that way as well since Nae and Adella is going to do us nothing.

Unvote: Nae

Vote: Lily

SMC accused me of going hard after Runin.

I didn't. But guess who did?

If there's any wisdom in the idea that the Predators are aware of townies with their property, and the way to get it back is to kill them rather than lynch them, then his sudden stop on Runin is also noteworthy:

Followed by:

He's still my best bet for scum today. If people want to make a move to another player, I'll probably still be distracted by SMC the next day - but that's my problem.

Wait, you're going to quote my posts about Runin BEFORE he made his reveal as a counter to my argument that you went after Runin AFTER he made his reveal?

That is totally disengenous on your part, Slats.

I hold you in the highest regard. You earned my admiration when you screwed JVoR backwards and forwards and upside down in the zombie game (watching that game made me want to start playing mafia), and you modded my very first one. When I'm getting a town vibe from you, I feel very reassured to have you around. Normally your thoughtful perspective makes me see things in a new way. So I am very concerned by pod-CTM.

I don't know what SMC's reaction would tell you either way. A) He's town, and very wrong, but confident in his wrong ways. B) He's scum, and he knows we rarely follow through on things like this.

lol @pod-Ctm..

The guy i work for is having similiar issues, we've taken to calling him shell-Tom to now just Shelly..

Wonderful case there, slats.

Good thing you punked out on the deal because once I flip town on the lynch you'll be able to try to dance your way out of your own lynch. You've only been this dead wrong as scum.

As to JVOR's point on Lily, and her faux reasoning vote on me, I'd go that way as well since Nae and Adella is going to do us nothing.

Unvote: Nae

Vote: Lily

That's not true. I was 100% sure Doggin was innocent in the Star Wars game, and he turned out to be the SK. Sh!t happens.

It's early for me or anyone else to put together a comprehensive case. People always defend against me calling me this great scum hunter, and if I'm so smart... blah, blah, blah.

All game, I said I just had a feeling about you, and I did you courtesy of going back and finding some of it being that you didn't like me calling it just a feeling.

If you're lynched and flip town, then the town can deal with me however they please. People are wrong in these games sometimes. Like the way you were wrong about Runin yesterday, I guess.

sounds like our sex life.

I can sort of get CTM's Jetsbabe argument in Lily's defense. It's instinctively very difficult for me to look past contradictions and blatant lapses in logic, but I am willing to restrain myself and see some more of her contributions. Lily has said multiple times that she's keeping notes or working on cases and whatnot, and we've yet to see any of it, so I look forward to that sometime soon.

Current Vote Count:

SMC (7) - Slats, BG, Crusher, Pac, Brett, I28, Lily

Nae (3) - JVoR, SMC, Sharrow

I28 (1) - JiF

JiF (1) - Hess

Lily (1) - Barm

Crusher (1) - CTM*

* To my knowledge, CTM never unvoted to revote. Please correct me if this is an error.

Day 2 will end Thursday night at 10 pm, EST

Wait, you're going to quote my posts about Runin BEFORE he made his reveal as a counter to my argument that you went after Runin AFTER he made his reveal?

That is totally disengenous on your part, Slats.

I thought I was clear on my point. You backed off as soon as you found out that he had the mask. Some people are speculating that the Predators knew that the way to get that mask was by killing the player rather than lynching him. If you're scum, that would explain your quick brakes on Runin.

Current Vote Count:

SMC (7) - Slats, BG, Crusher, Pac, Brett, I28, Lily

Nae (3) - JVoR, SMC, Sharrow

I28 (1) - JiF

JiF (1) - Hess

Lily (1) - Barm

Crusher (1) - CTM*

* To my knowledge, CTM never unvoted to revote. Please correct me if this is an error.

Day 2 will end Thursday night at 10 pm, EST

unvote vote ctm

Archived