PREDATOR Mafia Game Thread

DPR

I thought I was clear on my point. You backed off as soon as you found out that he had the mask. Some people are speculating that the Predators knew that the way to get that mask was by killing the player rather than lynching him. If you're scum, that would explain your quick brakes on Runin.

If I am town, not lynching a claimed power would explain my quick brakes on Runin?

You're using CTMlogic here, BTW. That's bad news for you, slats.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So wait after the whole i want to generate meaningful discussion and see who hops on, etc. You are still self voting? What's the reasoning now, you got into auto asphyxiation?

Is there a reason you've ignored my comments about you aligning yourself with me this game? Are you not concerned I could be doing the same thing to you?

So wait after the whole i want to generate meaningful discussion and see who hops on, etc. You are still self voting? What's the reasoning now, you got into auto asphyxiation?

This still seems to you like the best course of action you could possibly take at this point?

I was just correcting my earlier mistake.

Is there a reason you've ignored my comments about you aligning yourself with me this game? Are you not concerned I could be doing the same thing to you?

Someone needs to lay off the paranoia sauce ( i

mean that lovingly of course)

You know i can read you like a book and so far i think you are town. There is nothing more than that going on.

Good god, you're more emo than 3 Days Grace this game.

lol.. it was actually going to be a setup for a joke about what a crusher getting shot at and surviving scene should entail, but i trust dpr to do us right there, if it happens.

If I am town, not lynching a claimed power would explain my quick brakes on Runin?

You're using CTMlogic here, BTW. That's bad news for you, slats.

No.

What I said was that if you're scum, and knew that the only way to get that mask from Runin would be to kill him yourself that would explain the quick brakes on him.

It makes sense that a townie would not want to vote a power role, but you seemed to think he was the scummiest thing going and then all of a sudden came to a complete and abrupt stop.

But that's it, man. I never said it was iron clad.

FWIW, I'm all in favor of pushing Lily, too. I have that same general scumminess thing from her that Dan and CTM mentioned, but I have no problem with her getting pressed a little bit. I had my vote on her most of yesterday.

FYI, I'm leaving the office soon and won't be back on until after 8 pm the earliers.

I'm at L-3 and the chances are the nonactives like Nae and Adella will vote me to seem active and at least put me at L-1.

I've said it before: I'm a roleless townie. If you want to lynch me while I'm offline, so be it. There's nothing I can do. I don't think there's a basis for the vote except game exhaustion. That is, except Slats who's trying to trump up a case against me and says I've been suspicious of me all game.

I can sort of get CTM's Jetsbabe argument in Lily's defense. It's instinctively very difficult for me to look past contradictions and blatant lapses in logic, but I am willing to restrain myself and see some more of her contributions. Lily has said multiple times that she's keeping notes or working on cases and whatnot, and we've yet to see any of it, so I look forward to that sometime soon.

And you will, if anything ever adds up to more than crap.

FYI, I'm leaving the office soon and won't be back on until after 8 pm the earliers.

I'm at L-3 and the chances are the nonactives like Nae and Adella will vote me to seem active and at least put me at L-1.

I've said it before: I'm a roleless townie. If you want to lynch me while I'm offline, so be it. There's nothing I can do. I don't think there's a basis for the vote except game exhaustion. That is, except Slats who's trying to trump up a case against me and says I've been suspicious of me all game.

I never said you were suspicious of yourself all game, only that I was.

But the reason I took the time to go back and write this up is because you asked me to:

Not willing to put your money where your mouth is? Brilliant. The game is 8 days old and you've mentioned my name countless times and now say you're "very suspicious" of me.

If you have this great suspicion, lay out the reason and take the deal. You said you went to bed prepared to make a case, make it. You're good at that. You're a good scumhunter when town.

The only time I've seen you wrong is last game with DPR because he was so off, but you were scum anyway.

I understand you not liking the case, but I thought it would've been unfair of me to cast suspicion and not back it up with something. If people don't like it, they don't have to vote you.

Current Vote Count:

SMC (7) - Slats, BG, Crusher, Pac, Brett, I28, Lily

Nae (3) - JVoR, SMC, Sharrow

I28 (1) - JiF

JiF (1) - Hess

Lily (1) - Barm

Crusher (1) - CTM*

* To my knowledge, CTM never unvoted to revote. Please correct me if this is an error.

With 19 players, it takes 10 to lynch.

Day 2 will end Thursday night at 10 pm, EST

Question for the class, please - is it common here for mods to point something like this out? I don't, as a mod, I address it through PM. I'm a bit surprised to see DPR do so, frankly. What is the norm here?

Sorry about my absence guys, I've had a few issues the past couple days and been in and out with my doc. Pac, to answer your question I'm off the med's so I'm reading everything clearly now, and fingers crossed won't be having any other issues. And yes, you were right that in the Avatar game I very much laid under the radar as scum the whole game, though I never disappeared for over a day at a time like this game.

Vic pressed me a little earlier, and I'll offer the same to you, any questions you've got ask away and I'll give you what I can, though I believe the only reason my names really come up has been the lack of formulating a case and low post #'s.

Anyways, on to activity. Scum definitely appear to be taking out the low-hanging fruit as to keep themselves hidden pretty well, and while I'm in the group I agree your best chances for scum are going to be in the low post-count folks.

CTM v SMC was a headache, as I don't know where that'd get us. Even more concerning than that are the people who keep jumping from train to train. It's not like we're down to a couple hours before a deadline again, no need to jump on to each train (looking at you, Pac).

So, here's my first case. It may seem rather OMGUS, but considering Pac already dropped off me and on to two others I believe was the count (CTM during the "deal" offer, followed by SMC) he just strikes me odd. He's playing this frustrated card, I know at least once he said something to the effect of "lynch me if you want, it'll be a mercy killing." How many times though has Pac been that frustrated with a game? And let's be honest, there have been PLENTY of frustrating games...not once has Pac gotten so frustrated he'd quit.

His jumping from player to player seems to be vindictive that he's just trying to get a lynch, and can be fought with both a "why would scum be that obvious" and "no one's voting, I'm just trying to get things moving" arguements. Pac, though, like Doggin, EY, and CTM is one smart, sneaky and dangerous scum player.

In the Avatar game we had JiF and Vic playing rather up in the "upper-mid" post-count levels, and everyone else was hidden, and I'm thinking in a game like this they're using the same sort of strategy. I'm feeling like Pac is in the JiF/Vic type role.

vote: Pac

I was just correcting my earlier mistake.

Is that still where you want your vote, though? You've had plenty of time to move it. I can't shake the feeling that you're bluffing.

Vote: Pod-CTM. I feel like I don't even know you anymore.

Someone needs to lay off the paranoia sauce ( i

mean that lovingly of course)

You know i can read you like a book and so far i think you are town. There is nothing more than that going on.

I'm trying to imagine how you could say that lovingly ... :P

I was going back a looking for something else but came across these 2 posts. Found it interesting, must have missed them all buzzed up last night.

Interesting to keep in mind, thanks.

I'm planning to take a better look at him. I was wary of him at the start, then he started seeming more townie-like to me, but I need to do a more careful read-through later tonight. (Slightly burnt out at the moment after reading through all the empty posts from several players and gaining very little.)

So... Where you and Kleck off too?

Actually Im getting ready to open up a can of monkey whoop ass, just biding my time. I haven;t had the time or energy to look at it yet, but when I do, it will be great.

Both of them talk about wanting to go back and look at I28, neither of them do it. I have a couple of thoughts of why that might be.

Is that still where you want your vote, though? You've had plenty of time to move it. I can't shake the feeling that you're bluffing.

Vote: Pod-CTM. I feel like I don't even know you anymore.

I'm trying to imagine how you could say that lovingly ... :P

Nope.. Still observing.. my lean is pac..

I was going back a looking for something else but came across these 2 posts. Found it interesting, must have missed them all buzzed up last night.

Both of them talk about wanting to go back and look at I28, neither of them do it. I have a couple of thoughts of why that might be.

Before I went to bed I updated on it.

I made it through half of I28's posts, but I'm falling asleep. I was both entertained by and agreeing with his posts more than I expected ... but I'll finish the rest tomorrow, of course.

When I got back today I figured it was more pressing to comment on everything else first. I will finish looking at I28 as promised, and I also want to read up on you, SMC, and Pac because I haven't yet. So many people right now.

It's nice you're so concerned about people not reading I28's posts after announcing you wouldn't, hehe.

Thats new to me. What do you make of it?

I may be reading too much into this, but I sometimes do vote without unvoting when I'm scum and scamming the class. I PM the mod to let them know it is on purpose, so they don't "out" me. Knowing Wes, if he was concerned that it might be a ploy, he would have asked CTM. Since only scum would typically construct such a ploy....

But I may be connecting the dots all wrong.

I may be reading too much into this, but I sometimes do vote without unvoting when I'm scum and scamming the class. I PM the mod to let them know it is on purpose, so they don't "out" me. Knowing Wes, if he was concerned that it might be a ploy, he would have asked CTM. Since only scum would typically construct such a ploy....

How would a play like that normally work? I could see it potentially working as a last-minute thing, right before a deadline, for example. But I'm having trouble seeing how it could be a benefit otherwise. Over here, at least, I think you'd get several people trying to correct the mistake. Historically we've also been much lazier about unvoting when switching votes. A lot of times our mods wouldn't care if you unvoted or not.

How would a play like that normally work? I could see it potentially working as a last-minute thing, right before a deadline, for example. But I'm having trouble seeing how it could be a benefit otherwise. Over here, at least, I think you'd get several people trying to correct the mistake. Historically we've also been much lazier about unvoting when switching votes. A lot of times our mods wouldn't care if you unvoted or not.

You'd be surprised what can slip by. The oddest things work sometimes. But the point isn't the unvoting, or lack of. The thing I find curious is DPR's handling of it. The mod is NOT usually the one to point it out.

Wes, do you have anything you're willing to say on this?

You'd be surprised what can slip by. The oddest things work sometimes. But the point isn't the unvoting, or lack of. The thing I find curious is DPR's handling of it. The mod is NOT usually the one to point it out.

Wes, do you have anything you're willing to say on this?

I've seen mods bring it up before, usually in some snarky way when someone's trying to bust on them for not counting their vote. It's not usually in the post count, but it's not a big deal. I'm in favor of the mod keeping the players in line.

This peripheral conversation about nothing might be one of the reasons that people are getting a "general scumminess" vibe off of you, though.

I've seen mods bring it up before, usually in some snarky way when someone's trying to bust on them for not counting their vote. It's not usually in the post count, but it's not a big deal. I'm in favor of the mod keeping the players in line.

This peripheral conversation about nothing might be one of the reasons that people are getting a "general scumminess" vibe off of you, though.

I guess that's just DM/JN differences. It's not about nothing where I come from.

I'm guessing town wins a lot more often over here, if your mods block mafia plays. Ours don't.

I can see my confusion on d1 giving a scummy vibe. But I really object to the cultural differences being called scummy by now. You guys have seen enough of our differences to be able to cut some slack there.

I'm nearly done with my case on JVoR. I'll present it in a bit. I wish it were stronger, but there's more there than I thought there was.

I guess that's just DM/JN differences. It's not about nothing where I come from.

I'm guessing town wins a lot more often over here, if your mods block mafia plays. Ours don't.

I can see my confusion on d1 giving a scummy vibe. But I really object to the cultural differences being called scummy by now. You guys have seen enough of our differences to be able to cut some slack there.

I'm nearly done with my case on JVoR. I'll present it in a bit. I wish it were stronger, but there's more there than I thought there was.

Fair enough. I didn't take that as a cultural difference. I took that as more chatter, less game play. There's a cultural difference going on with your fellow DM'ers who are barely contributing, and I'm respecting that one. For now.

aXU4OsuLM60

aXU4OsuLM60

Wow, I give him one "Yes, Sir" and you go there? rofl

I am not so easily tamed, as my ex-husband will tell you. Actually, that's probably not how he'd word it, cum to think of it. :love0040:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are things i'd like for you to answer: What triggered you to vote Brett twice and think he's scum to unvoting on different occasions?

Why did you vote Smash only to unvote again?

Why am I the most suspicious to you?

unvote Lily

Vote Runin

I honestly don't feel great about either Smash or Runin being scum but obviously we're up against it.

I've been in observation mode long enough and I have to say the people I find scummiest at this point outside of Lily are 1) Vicious 2) AVM and 3) BG. Lily I've found suspicious as well and i've been pressing on her hard because I feel like I could prod her into giving me some info. I've been going back and forth with SMC in my head as well.

If i make it to day 2 I plan on elaborating why I feel the way I do. For now it'd just be a distraction.

I know (y

Bup-z I did go back and look at him. Why do you think I didn't? Be patient sweet Bup-z.

I hold you in the highest regard. You earned my admiration when you screwed JVoR backwards and forwards and upside down in the zombie game (watching that game made me want to start playing mafia), and you modded my very first one. When I'm getting a town vibe from you, I feel very reassured to have you around. Normally your thoughtful perspective makes me see things in a new way. So I am very concerned by pod-CTM.

I don't know what SMC's reaction would tell you either way. A) He's town, and very wrong, but confident in his wrong ways. B) He's scum, and he knows we rarely follow through on things like this.

This again? Seriously... no respect. You think the guy who WON the game would maybe get some credit? Geez.

Just to be clear, in the past around here we've never had the "unvote" rule. Typically mods here have handled it that if you threw out a new vote, the unvote of the prior player was automatically assumed and it was taken care of. That would be why you've seen this happen a number of times now (and maybe why DPR chose to point it out).

Ooh, I'm sensing confidence on the part of both CTM and SMC. Hmmm...

I mean, CTM seemed confident when I was going to shoot at his vest last game, too, but scenes like these always give me pause. :P

If we're interested in the people laying low, you have the lingering non-voters from our D1 lynch here:

This is when DPR first posted the "not voting" line. SMC was the last person to vote before this post, so I'd include him in that non-voting group.

We have low posts from most of the DM'ers, as well as shutout, AVM, Bleedin. We know scum is in this group of low activity.

Posting from behind and catching up (I hope I haven't been shot at again)...

We know? Seem quite confident in that Slats. I've noticed in the last few games scum has been just as likely if not more likely to be in the top 5 posters as they are to be in the bottom 5. Lily last game was at the top the whole time, and in Star Wars Vic was at or near the top the entire game too IIRC

Archived