PREDATOR Mafia Game Thread

DPR

That's why I didn't hesitate... This could all be some elaborate hoax by SMC and CTM who giggled like school girls while devising their plot.

CTM has bussed more teammates then Greyhound.

So you think in a change of pace CTM is bussing himself here?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You'd be surprised what can slip by. The oddest things work sometimes. But the point isn't the unvoting, or lack of. The thing I find curious is DPR's handling of it. The mod is NOT usually the one to point it out.

Wes, do you have anything you're willing to say on this?

I guess that's just DM/JN differences. It's not about nothing where I come from.

I'm guessing town wins a lot more often over here, if your mods block mafia plays. Ours don't.

Ours don't? What am I, yesterday's newspaper?

It was an obvious oversight - I brought it up to forestall the inevitable question as to whether or not a mistake had been made with the count.

Let's be serious - if CTM is mafia, and the extent of his strategy is to "fool" everyone in to thinking he voted for himself, he's going to lose this game.

I view this in the same light as the...count them...4 edits, and multiple meltdown/emrgencies that we've had so far. If it's not relevant to gameplay -

I have no problem smoothing a few bumps in the road to keep the wheel turning.

Anyway, you don't have to worry about the mafia. Really. heh

Current Vote Count:

SMC (6) - Slats, BG, Crusher, Pac, Brett, I28

Nae (1) - Sharrow

I28 (1) - JiF

JiF (1) - Hess

Lily (2) - Barms, SMC

CTM (2) - CTM, Dan

Pac (1) - AVM

JVoR (1) - Lily, JVoR

With 19 players, it takes 10 to lynch.

It was an obvious oversight - I brought it up to forestall the inevitable question as to whether or not a mistake had been made with the count.

Let's be serious - if CTM is mafia, and the extent of his strategy is to "fool" everyone in to thinking he voted for himself, he's going to lose this game.

I view this in the same light as the...count them...4 edits, and multiple meltdown/emrgencies that we've had so far. If it's not relevant to gameplay -

Current Vote Count:

Nae (1) - Sharrow

I28 (1) - JiF

JiF (1) - Hess

Lily (2) - Barms, SMC

CTM (2) - CTM, Dan

Pac (1) - AVM

JVoR (1) - Lily, JVoR

um what i didn't vote myself. I voted Lily.

I have to be honest, I REALLY don't like this afternoons developments. The whole deal idea just seems so scummy. There's only so many possibilities that exist here. If we go through with this and lynch CTM who is a townie and lynch SMC who then also flips town, we're killing off more town as the Predators and whatever non-Predator attackers we have out there hack away at us. If we do it and lynch CTM and he flips town and it turns out SMC is scum, no way he goes quietly and will surely try to talk his way out if it (he may also do this even if he's town of course). Honestly, I can't see us going full speed ahead on SMC just because CTM flips town, so it's possible even as scum SMC would slide by. Another option is we lynch CTM and he flips scum, at which point SMC would be "cleared". In that case, I would think it's just as likely that SMC is scum running a gambit than actual town.

So if we're going to address this issue, given that CTM seems willing to go first in this little escapade, I'd feel much more comfortable doing the exact opposite.

Vote: SMC

A few more pages to go but I feel fairly comfortable with this. The last line before your vote combined with the closest thing to a "case" I have right now is SMC thinking we'd get some information from lynching me after the first time I was shot at makes him my "best bet" I guess. I'm also interested to see what Lily says to the pressure on her in the coming pages as I see I28 points out she again is towards the top of the vote count

I wanna get caught up before I place a vote though, I'd hate to accidentally hammer or put someone at L-1 or something...

Current Vote Count:

Nae (1) - Sharrow

I28 (1) - JiF

JiF (1) - Hess

Lily (2) - Barms, SMC

CTM (2) - CTM, Dan

Pac (1) - AVM

JVoR (1) - Lily, JVoR

I stand corrected. MOST of the ones I play with don't. There's my arrogance showing again. Apologies, Wes.

Glad I popped in between tasks. Actually, I'm putting off the grocery store until the "dinner crowd" leaves.

Before I went to bed I updated on it.

When I got back today I figured it was more pressing to comment on everything else first. I will finish looking at I28 as promised, and I also want to read up on you, SMC, and Pac because I haven't yet. So many people right now.

It's nice you're so concerned about people not reading I28's posts after announcing you wouldn't, hehe.

Bup-z I did go back and look at him. Why do you think I didn't? Be patient sweet Bup-z.

I guess when someone says they are going to go back and look at a certain player who has been cased, I expect them to address that player in a post upon their return. Neither of you did.

welcome to jn mafia!.. lol

um what i didn't vote myself. I voted Lily.

yes you did.. cause you quoted like a pactard

JVOR, seriously, do you normally get this defensive?

Seems like you're going waaay overboard with somewhat minimal pressure. My impresion is that this doesn't fit your MO, but I'm not sure as I can't really remember you getting pressure. You normally sort of always fly under the radar either as town or scum.

JVoR, I already said that what I found was stronger than I thought but a lot less than I would have liked. It's better than what I had when I woke up, and that's about all I can say for it. You do tend to strongly react to things and I don't know if that's just your personality or what. We'll see what everybody else thinks. I'm fairly sure a large train will develop on me today, which may have been your motivation. We'll see how successful that turns out to be. Personally, I have no idea.

JVOR, seriously, do you normally get this defensive?

Seems like you're going waaay overboard with somewhat minimal pressure. My impresion is that this doesn't fit your MO, but I'm not sure as I can't really remember you getting pressure. You normally sort of always fly under the radar either as town or scum.

If you mention my name i'm going to defend and explain myself. I can easily float under the radar when I want, I just don't have the incentive to do that this game.

Current Vote Count:

Nae (1) - Sharrow

I28 (1) - JiF

JiF (1) - Hess

Lily (3) - Barms, SMC, JVoR

CTM (2) - CTM, Dan

Pac (1) - AVM

JVoR (1) - Lily

*Sorry JVoR, I was skimming and didn't see that it was a quote.

If you mention my name i'm going to defend and explain myself. I can easily float under the radar when I want, I just don't have the incentive to do that this game.

All right dude. I just haven't seen this from you before. Also never really seen you get any heat before.

All right dude. I just haven't seen this from you before. Also never really seen you get any heat before.

I'm for changing play styles. I was very defensive in the Thing game and I was 3rd party. I'm town this game. If I get lynched as town based on something they saw that game it'll prove that I can work it into my game. Maybe next game i won't defend at all.

I'm not trying to get myself lynched intentionally by it, but I'm not really going for predictable here.

I'm for changing play styles. I was very defensive in the Thing game and I was 3rd party. I'm town this game. If I get lynched as town based on something they saw that game it'll prove that I can work it into my game. Maybe next game i won't defend at all.

I'm not trying to get myself lynched intentionally by it, but I'm not really going for predictable here.

No offense, but by saying it, kind of switches it, unless you take that one step further. So all you just did was tell us you're not to be trusted either way.

I guess when someone says they are going to go back and look at a certain player who has been cased, I expect them to address that player in a post upon their return. Neither of you did.

Well I expect the greatest scum hunter to ever play this game to actually hunt scum rather than follow Vic God around like a little love sick puppy.

Holy cow. Good luck to anyone else who tries rereading all of I28's posts. That was a beast.

I think it was good for me, though, because I didn't have a great grasp of I28 as a player. What I take away from it is despite his way of presenting things that can rub people the wrong way and get them up in arms, if you look at the substance of his posts he's an observant person. Maybe I've just underestimated him this whole time. I appreciate I28 a lot more now. He's quite entertaining ... I think I didn't get his sense of humor before.

I28's exchange with Runin wasn't very scummy, in my opinion. Runin defended himself really weakly, and I28 was right that Runin was evading by arguing semantics rather than addressing the more relevant issues.

What I28 is guilty of in that situation is encouraging people to break our "unwritten rule" of not voting first-time JNers. The reason I think that rule is important, aside from being a nice and friendly tradition, is because it gives us a chance to get a better feel for new players. Playing with someone the first time makes it hard to say after only one day how much is scummy and how much is something else. If it's coming down to an argument about principle, though, I don't expect I28 to budge, and I wouldn't say it's necessarily scummy.

And under no circumstances will I28 let anyone get the last word. If you challenge something he's said against you, he will address it as fully as he can, which means he can come across as pushy or redundant. He'll give you a paragraph explanation every time you question him. So if you insinuate the same thing about him more than once, you'll get the same long response every time, however long he feels you need to get a full picture of the situation.

In conclusion, I28 is not smelling scummy to me right now. That's not to say he's not scum, but if he is then he hasn't done anything yet to catch my attention.

Holy cow. Good luck to anyone else who tries rereading all of I28's posts. That was a beast.

I think it was good for me, though, because I didn't have a great grasp of I28 as a player. What I take away from it is despite his way of presenting things that can rub people the wrong way and get them up in arms, if you look at the substance of his posts he's an observant person. Maybe I've just underestimated him this whole time. I appreciate I28 a lot more now. He's quite entertaining ... I think I didn't get his sense of humor before.

I28's exchange with Runin wasn't very scummy, in my opinion. Runin defended himself really weakly, and I28 was right that Runin was evading by arguing semantics rather than addressing the more relevant issues.

What I28 is guilty of in that situation is encouraging people to break our "unwritten rule" of not voting first-time JNers. The reason I think that rule is important, aside from being a nice and friendly tradition, is because it gives us a chance to get a better feel for new players. Playing with someone the first time makes it hard to say after only one day how much is scummy and how much is something else. If it's coming down to an argument about principle, though, I don't expect I28 to budge, and I wouldn't say it's necessarily scummy.

And under no circumstances will I28 let anyone get the last word. If you challenge something he's said against you, he will address it as fully as he can, which means he can come across as pushy or redundant. He'll give you a paragraph explanation every time you question him. So if you insinuate the same thing about him more than once, you'll get the same long response every time, however long he feels you need to get a full picture of the situation.

In conclusion, I28 is not smelling scummy to me right now. That's not to say he's not scum, but if he is then he hasn't done anything yet to catch my attention.

innocent dan finally shows up a little after I said we havent' seen her. Nice to have you back anyway.

My top for scum is pac atm. What are your thoughts on her?

Posting from behind and catching up (I hope I haven't been shot at again)...

We know? Seem quite confident in that Slats. I've noticed in the last few games scum has been just as likely if not more likely to be in the top 5 posters as they are to be in the bottom 5. Lily last game was at the top the whole time, and in Star Wars Vic was at or near the top the entire game too IIRC

I am confident. Maybe "we know," is just a little bit too strong, but we almost always have scum laying in the low post counts.

This should be I-28's sig.

Ha! JVoR is a super defensive guy. Luckily I don't argue with him often :P ... but if you asked me to think of less-than-awesome things about him, "defensive" would be the first word to come to mind. I'd have trouble thinking of others. Maybe how he's not careful about giving money away to people ... if a stranger comes up and tells him a sob story about losing their bus ticket, he'll hand over $40, no questions asked. (Not that this ever happened, and not that I'm still in disbelief, hehe.)

I've seen him get defensive as both town and scum. He does like to intentionally change things up from game to game. Selfishly, it annoys me because it means I end up super suspicious of him when he's town.

Ha! JVoR is a super defensive guy. Luckily I don't argue with him often :P ... but if you asked me to think of less-than-awesome things about him, "defensive" would be the first word to come to mind. I'd have trouble thinking of others. Maybe how he's not careful about giving money away to people ... if a stranger comes up and tells him a sob story about losing their bus ticket, he'll hand over $40, no questions asked. (Not that this ever happened, and not that I'm still in disbelief, hehe.)

I've seen him get defensive as both town and scum. He does like to intentionally change things up from game to game. Selfishly, it annoys me because it means I end up super suspicious of him when he's town.

Ok. If you say so. I just can't think of him getting defensive but there isn't a lot of games for me to go on. Now AVM... he can get defensive. :character42:

Hey JVOR... she said nicer things about me dude... just sayin' :tongue2:

I kid, I kid... Dan... appreciate the endorsement.

innocent dan finally shows up a little after I said we havent' seen her. Nice to have you back anyway.

If you're town (which I have strong doubts about), your perception of "innocent Dan" seems to be based on several games ago when I had much more time to devote to the game. I used to sit there and spend whole afternoons rereading everyone and keeping color-coded voting charts. It's so much harder for me to keep up these days, especially on Day 2 in such a large game.

Pac and SMC are others I have to reread. I spent last night reading the DM girls, Bleedin, JVoR, and the first half of I28 (which counts as an extra person, imo, haha).

If you're town (which I have strong doubts about), your perception of "innocent Dan" seems to be based on several games ago when I had much more time to devote to the game. I used to sit there and spend whole afternoons rereading everyone and keeping color-coded voting charts. It's so much harder for me to keep up these days, especially on Day 2 in such a large game.

Pac and SMC are others I have to reread. I spent last night reading the DM girls, Bleedin, JVoR, and the first half of I28 (which counts as an extra person, imo, haha).

Nah.. the thing game you we're town telling right and left.. Unless somethign changed between now and then

I'd like the hear the answer to this as well. Anything you'd like to add?

Nah.. the thing game you we're town telling right and left.. Unless somethign changed between now and then

btw.. it's why i was voting you early day 2 in star wars.. same type of thing..

Jvor last game i was about to vote when I was converted

You guys are bpoth obviously innocent when you're town that when you aren't obviously innocent, something is usually rotten in denmark.

btw.. it's why i was voting you early day 2 in star wars.. same type of thing..

Jvor last game i was about to vote when I was converted

You guys are bpoth obviously innocent when you're town that when you aren't obviously innocent, something is usually rotten in denmark.

I've never been, oh tell us pa, please tell us.

DAY 2 WILL END IN 25 HOURS.

Let me get this out of the way now. I am working late tomorrow and will not be around when we get to the deadline so I'm gonna need to place a vote that I'm comfortable with by either tonight or tomorrow morning/early afternoon.

I'm pausing a bit now on SMC, but I still think I'd be comfortable placing a vote there. Lily too mostly cause I was also surprised she was in the top 3 posters, Sharrow cause I still don't like the 2 vigs shooting Vic theory, and maybe also Dan X. She seems to be too friendly. Yes she's voted CTM for now but there seems to be a whole lot of appreciation/apologizing/explaining actions for others. I get the uncertainty, I have trouble getting strong reads on people early in games too, but she's mentioned a couple of times a Jetsbabe/Lily comparison that to me felt a bit like deflecting or dismissing pressure, not to mention some of the recent JVOR uncertainty discussion.

I realize that's not a strong case and I don't even know how comfortable I would be voting Dan based solely on what I wrote above. I would definitely be interested to see more of who you do find suspicious besides CTM though Dan.

I did also find Lily's Barm theory intriguing that they'd risk shooting at him after we discussed the likely reason they shot at me a 3rd time.

Wow, that's what its like to Integrity FOS huh?

I'd like the hear the answer to this as well. Anything you'd like to add?

I honestly don't know about Pac. As I said, I have to reread him. I have never had a good feel for him. In the Thing game I was only leaning scum on him once it had been seriously narrowed down, and even then I shot at Vicious instead because I didn't want to mistakenly kill our doctor. I would definitely be open to voting Pac, I'd just like to check him out more carefully first. I really can't remember much about him from Day 1.

SMC is one case where I usually go against my gut with him. Typically, when he's making me uneasy and seems a little off, he turns out to be town. Example, that robocop game, where I was maybe the only person who didn't want to lynch him. As is the case this game ... he seems a little off, so I'm leaning town on him. I feel like SMC is more on track as scum.

I honestly don't know about Pac. As I said, I have to reread him. I have never had a good feel for him. In the Thing game I was only leaning scum on him once it had been seriously narrowed down, and even then I shot at Vicious instead because I didn't want to mistakenly kill our doctor. I would definitely be open to voting Pac, I'd just like to check him out more carefully first. I really can't remember much about him from Day 1.

SMC is one case where I usually go against my gut with him. Typically, when he's making me uneasy and seems a little off, he turns out to be town. Example, that robocop game, where I was maybe the only person who didn't want to lynch him. As is the case this game ... he seems a little off, so I'm leaning town on him. I feel like SMC is more on track as scum.

I agree with that. He plays much cleaner as scum

I agree with that. He plays much cleaner as scum

I don't know. I think the cleanest game he ever played was as the Avatar. I kept wishing he'd play scummy on purpose to make it easier to vote for him.

Archived