PREDATOR Mafia Game Thread

DPR

I REALLY don't want to do this, but the town needs all the info it can get, so.......

This is absolutely correct, especially the failing miserably part. I had this idea from the beginning of the game that three people seemed to be working together. So, when DPR gave me a spear and said I had to use it d2, I did - on one of the three. I was clearly way off, and I apologize for that.

I wouldn't blame y'all if you lynched me for a lousy vig kill. It's the one role I hate and ALWAYS hit townies with. Gut instinct never works for me as a vig. I forgot that. You have Slats' dying words that I'm not an SK and I'm obviously not a Predator, or I'm completely lying. You decide. But decide quickly, please. We don't have much time today. If you decide to go for me, don't wait for me to get up. I have no more to tell you.

It was a one-time thing. I don't have any other weapons that I know of. DPR's scene was completely accurate, down to my reaction.

My fate rests in your hands....

LILLIAN

you should of shot pac or jvor :D

or me

so why slats?

and what's funny.. is your name popped into my head when i thought about who slats was dancing with, but i dismissed it cause i figured you'd have shot JYOYo ma first

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LILLIAN

you should of shot pac or jvor :D

or me

so why slats?

and what's funny.. is your name popped into my head when i thought about who slats was dancing with, but i dismissed it cause i figured you'd have shot JYOYo ma first

Lilith might suit better.

It was stupid, but with cop and doc roles (and other things) usually the first name to pop into my head is the right one. Then I ignore it and regret it. I completely forgot that vig works the opposite with me.

The thoughts at the time were that he isn't playing like he usually does, or like I've seen him play as town, or I expect him to play, or something AND someone mentioned that he's nearly impossible to lynch.

I told you all that I was doing cases on a few people. Slats was one of them. As for JVoR, I was just poking at him to see how he reacted, mostly, and to see if anyone thought he was acting weird. Only one person did, and he backed off.

I'm going to jump off the computer and go do something else for a while. I feel terrible, believe me.

Finally caught up and I'm not being inactive intentionally. I stated several times last game and will do so again this game.. I cannot sit on the computer 24/7 and reply to every last speculation the other 21 players make. I don't have the luxury of checking the game at work and I do have a life outside of mafia.

JVOR I am highly offended that you claim I have contributed jack to the game. I have done barely any spam posts this game becuase I got bitched at for it last game. (Thanks Hess:shutit:) Sorry I don't post 400 times like Jif did (I think his was the highest whenever someone posted the post counts) But if you haven't figured out from the last two games that I'm not a huge speculator then I don't know what else to tell you. I have never commented on everything the mod says, everything other players say etc. I learned the game from people who told me to watch how you comment on what the mod says for death scenes and stuff like that.. (the biggest tears are often shed to hide the widest smirks)

I have, however, contributed some. No, not much I'll agree but I'm not likely to change up that style just because you have an issue with it. Having 160 posts to the game thus far doesn't mean you are contributing. How much of that is bull****? Not all of this is directed soley at JVOR. He just got named for claiming I've done nothing.

Lily I'm not quite sure what to make of your announcement or why you'd chose Slats. It's almost like the half reveal before alot of pressure thing I guess. I know I did that last game but I flipped and went emo. :P

Like you did it just so you could claim doing it to say lookie see? I'm a townie!!

Jif you are a bit out there and one of those I have to make myself not immediately vote. I'm chalking it up to your playstyle since it was a bit crazy last game too and we wrongfully lynched you for it. I certainly know how it feels to get pressure on you that you can't quite figure out where they are coming from because you can't see what you are doing that's so damned suspicious. (It was you last game right? )

Smc.. you've made silly slipups and some shoddy playing. You then whined that the less active folk(Me) would come galavanting in and vote you just to seem to be more active. Screw you. (Kissy face) I don't need to post alot to be paying attention to the damned game. I read every post.. (even I28's long ones Jif.) If that was meant to scare me away from voting for you it didn't work. Slats pointed out a very good casing imho. I'd say funny to that after your exchange with him if Lily didn't admit to the killing. The thing that sticks out the most is the slipup of writing We instead of They. It didn't sit right the first time I read it and it still doesn't.

Vote SMC.

Lily I'm not quite sure what to make of your announcement or why you'd chose Slats. It's almost like the half reveal before alot of pressure thing I guess. I know I did that last game but I flipped and went emo. :P

Like you did it just so you could claim doing it to say lookie see? I'm a townie!!

Jif you are a bit out there and one of those I have to make myself not immediately vote. I'm chalking it up to your playstyle since it was a bit crazy last game too and we wrongfully lynched you for it. I certainly know how it feels to get pressure on you that you can't quite figure out where they are coming from because you can't see what you are doing that's so damned suspicious. (It was you last game right? )

Smc.. you've made silly slipups and some shoddy playing. You then whined that the less active folk(Me) would come galavanting in and vote you just to seem to be more active. Screw you. (Kissy face) I don't need to post alot to be paying attention to the damned game. I read every post.. (even I28's long ones Jif.) If that was meant to scare me away from voting for you it didn't work. Slats pointed out a very good casing imho. I'd say funny to that after your exchange with him if Lily didn't admit to the killing. The thing that sticks out the most is the slipup of writing We instead of They. It didn't sit right the first time I read it and it still doesn't.

Vote SMC.

I thought I was clear. I did it so the town would know what's been going on, or at least what I knew of it. Trust me, I would have preferred to keep quiet. I haven't done much for the town so far, but at least I could do that.

There is one point I wasn't clear on. I was given the spear that took a shot at Barm and I was just given it and basically told to use it right away. I didn't have it a long time or anything.

LOL.

Getting you lynched isn't my business, trying to screw you over is. I'm Vince McMahon to your Brett Hart. And, the best thing to ever happen to you (and me) in mafia is DPR's arrival so now whenever we all play together I have 2 guys I want to screw over. :P

Smirking at his cleverness, SMC reaches into his man-purse to grab some moisterizer. The jungle can be murder on one's complexion, after all...

With a jolt, he realizes that he forgot all of the bullets to his gun. he snaps his head up, looking to see which of other team members is shooting the same calibre...and sees that only one other is. CTM.

"Screw it."

Slipping the empty gun into his bag, SMC pulls out a slingshot. He grabs a few rocks off of the ground, smiles, and nods to himself.

Current Vote Count:

SMC (5) - BG, Pac, Brett, I28, Nae

JiF (1) - Hess, Crusher

Lily (3) - Barms, SMC, JVoR

CTM (2) - CTM, Dan

Pac (3) - AVM, JiF, Sharrow

JVoR (1) - Lily

With 18 players, it takes 10 to lynch.

DEADLINE 14:56:28

Checking in quick before leaving, since we have the deadline today.

I believe Lily's reveal ... why else cop up to killing Slats? It doesn't make sense to me otherwise.

Vote SMC.

That wasn't SMC, that was CTM. I'm also not sure if you got confused by Hess changing CTM's quote as a joke, so here is the original for you. He didn't outright write "we" instead of "they," he inserted an apostrophe into the word "were". Who knows if it's a Freudian slip or what, but either way you seemed to be misunderstanding what happened. Especially if that's what stood out to you "the most".

Either that or they we're tired of missing shutout..

Finally caught up and I'm not being inactive intentionally. I stated several times last game and will do so again this game.. I cannot sit on the computer 24/7 and reply to every last speculation the other 21 players make. I don't have the luxury of checking the game at work and I do have a life outside of mafia.

JVOR I am highly offended that you claim I have contributed jack to the game. I have done barely any spam posts this game becuase I got bitched at for it last game. (Thanks Hess:shutit:) Sorry I don't post 400 times like Jif did (I think his was the highest whenever someone posted the post counts) But if you haven't figured out from the last two games that I'm not a huge speculator then I don't know what else to tell you. I have never commented on everything the mod says, everything other players say etc. I learned the game from people who told me to watch how you comment on what the mod says for death scenes and stuff like that.. (the biggest tears are often shed to hide the widest smirks)

I have, however, contributed some. No, not much I'll agree but I'm not likely to change up that style just because you have an issue with it. Having 160 posts to the game thus far doesn't mean you are contributing. How much of that is bull****? Not all of this is directed soley at JVOR. He just got named for claiming I've done nothing.

While I agree JVoR's statement was worded harshly, this seems surprisingly defensive to me. I know firsthand how hard it is to keep up with the game, but I acknowledge there are a lot of people who contribute much more than people like you and I do. I'm not going to get offended when it's pointed out, and I don't really think it's valid for you to waste an entire post of this length arguing about it.

It's not about post number, either (and you have your own off-task posts mixed in). It's more about having the chance to see your interactions with and thoughts on a variety of people. Trying to claim you've contributed as much to the game as our more active players is a little silly, in my opinion. You've contributed to the discussion of the game format, weapons, etc. But in comparison to other people in the game, there's clearly much less to go on when trying to look at your suspicions.

Up until now, I did have a good feeling about you and liked reading your posts. :) Of the less active people, I was feeling the best about you. However, this latest bit with voting SMC for something CTM said (and exaggerating the extent of it, to boot) certainly doesn't help your case that you're supposedly reading everything carefully, hehe.

While I agree JVoR's statement was worded harshly, this seems surprisingly defensive to me. I know firsthand how hard it is to keep up with the game, but I acknowledge there are a lot of people who contribute much more than people like you and I do. I'm not going to get offended when it's pointed out, and I don't really think it's valid for you to waste an entire post of this length arguing about it.

It's not about post number, either (and you have your own off-task posts mixed in). It's more about having the chance to see your interactions with and thoughts on a variety of people. You've owned up to being around less and making fewer posts, so be prepared (like I am) for people to say you're contributing less than other people, because you are. You've contributed to the discussion of the game format, weapons, etc. But in comparison to other people in the game, there's clearly much less to go on when trying to look at your suspicions. Trying to belittle the contributions of our more active players is a little silly, in my opinion.

Up until now, I did have a good feeling about you and liked reading your posts. :) Of the less active people, I was feeling the best about you. However, this latest bit with voting SMC for something CTM said (and exaggerating the extent of it, to boot) certainly doesn't help your case that you're supposedly reading everything carefully, hehe.

Holy crap, Dan, you didn't play the last game, I forgot. Yeah, Nae gets offended easily. Makes your boyfriend look like a choir boy. Trust.

It's not about post number, either (and you have your own off-task posts mixed in). It's more about having the chance to see your interactions with and thoughts on a variety of people. You've owned up to being around less and making fewer posts, so be prepared (like I am) for people to say you're contributing less than other people, because you are. You've contributed to the discussion of the game format, weapons, etc. But in comparison to other people in the game, there's clearly much less to go on when trying to look at your suspicions. Trying to belittle the contributions of our more active players is a little silly, in my opinion.

Holy crap, Dan, you didn't play the last game, I forgot. Yeah, Nae gets offended easily. Makes your boyfriend look like a choir boy. Trust.

It's not about post number, either (and you have your own off-task posts mixed in). It's more about having the chance to see your interactions with and thoughts on a variety of people. Trying to claim you've contributed as much to the game as our more active players is a little silly, in my opinion. You've contributed to the discussion of the game format, weapons, etc. But in comparison to other people in the game, there's clearly much less to go on when trying to look at your suspicions.

Too bad I can only rep you once. Thanks for the info. I thought she had seemed quite level-headed up until this point, so I was surprised. Didn't know she gets offended easily.

It looks like I can probably be on a little more than usual today. The other principal is sick today, so I'm going in late and will probably have more time to sit around and look at my phone.

(Hehe, that sounded bad. Our students aren't here yet. School starts in a couple weeks. We're getting things ready for them, but we're both freakishly organized and efficient, so we're way ahead of schedule and don't have much left to do.)

Ha - if Adella thinks 15 pgs was a lot of catching up, wait til shee sees 45 because all of you geniuses start triple posting

Yeah I suppose it's a good way to get an X marked arcross your back. Not you Dan, yours was an accident. But mine was blatant attention whoring during the mist of town retartdation (and again no offense). So how does town win again?

This post, where he says he started becoming really suspicious of CTM because of his comments about Shutout, is a misrepresentation. If that's the point when his interest began in earnest, he kept it to himself. He was on CTM before the Shutout discussion and spent very, very little time addressing CTM's remarks about Shutout in the thread.

And your analysis is a bit of a misrepresentation. When I have more time I'll go back and copy and paste the exchange I'm referring to. I initially pointed out CTM's subtle train pushing without putting his name to it and Shutout picked up on that as well. S.O. actually quoted my post and called CTM out for one of his parlor tricks at the time. Since Shutout was getting into it with him and was the target of the NK, I didn't feel the need to repeat the questions. It was still early game and I wanted to see how CTM responded.

It's hard to pick up on the tone of the game or dynamics involved when you just read a persons posts without looking at the context in which they were said.

That's twice he's discouraged voting off of the main lynch trains, I don't like it.

unvote

vote Pac

I knew you've been waiting to do that since I shat on your theory so I'm not surprised. FTR I still don't think there were 2 Vigs that shot at Vic on N1 but we'll see what really happened end game.

Lilith might suit better.

It was stupid, but with cop and doc roles (and other things) usually the first name to pop into my head is the right one. Then I ignore it and regret it. I completely forgot that vig works the opposite with me.

The thoughts at the time were that he isn't playing like he usually does, or like I've seen him play as town, or I expect him to play, or something AND someone mentioned that he's nearly impossible to lynch.

I told you all that I was doing cases on a few people. Slats was one of them. As for JVoR, I was just poking at him to see how he reacted, mostly, and to see if anyone thought he was acting weird. Only one person did, and he backed off.

I'm going to jump off the computer and go do something else for a while. I feel terrible, believe me.

Lily no offense but if you're innocent that was about about as bad a shot as it gets. Slats was playing one of the cleanest games of anyone IMO.

but.. don't beat yourself up. We all make mistakes in this game even though some act like they don't.

It's hard to pick up on the tone of the game or dynamics involved when you just read a persons posts without looking at the context in which they were said.

That is true, which is why I normally try to scan the posts around every post I click on. It's better for me to focus on people that way than to just sift through the entire thread. Your point is valid, though. It is possible that in all of that I missed or misunderstood something.

My sense was that you had been on CTM before the Shutout thing, and it wasn't apparent to me at least that that incident marked a clear increase in your interest in him.

What a **** show.

I'm trying to piece together thoughts on everything that happened last night, I was NOT expecting to log in this morning to see an unprompted reveal from Lily.

FYI --- As I mentioned earlier in thread, I have been interviewing with agencies interested in acquiring me and my clients. I have lunches set up TODAY and TOMORROW each with a different agency. I will obviously not be participating much at those times.

I believe Lily's reveal ... why else cop up to killing Slats? It doesn't make sense to me otherwise.

That wasn't SMC, that was CTM. I'm also not sure if you got confused by Hess changing CTM's quote as a joke, so here is the original for you. He didn't outright write "we" instead of "they," he inserted an apostrophe into the word "were". Who knows if it's a Freudian slip or what, but either way you seemed to be misunderstanding what happened. Especially if that's what stood out to you "the most".

Actually it does make sense. She has had pressure on her and this in the oddest way imaginable confirms her as an innocent with terrible instincts. Not a predator.

Be like going out hunting with someone and you shoot them. It was an accident and I slipped gun went off and that person is dead. Sounds fine and your not a killer just a dumb hunter who forgot to safety his weapon. Or you found out your hunting partner is bonking your wife and you decide to cap him.

Now if nobody knows any reason why you killed him then it's easy to think it was an accident. It's all about the motive. Lilly had some pressure and this would be risky but if it works she's a confirmed innocent. Not saying thats the case but its a distinct possibility in my opinion.

Damn, I knew Nae would vote for me to feign activity. :D

Vote SMC.

Like Dan mentioned, that was CTM who had that slip up.

So nice bogus reason to vote for me.

Either that or they we're tired of missing shutout..

Dan and Hess both have permission to delete two of their three reposts.

The vote count has been corrected to reflect Slats death.

You have 12:10:38 until the deadline, and belive me, the Predators are looking forward to it.

Current Vote Count:

JiF (1) - Hess, Crusher

CTM (2) - CTM, Dan

JVoR (1) - Lily

DEADLINE 12:08:14

Current Vote Count:

JiF (1) - Hess, Crusher

CTM (2) - CTM, Dan

JVoR (1) - Lily

DEADLINE 14:56:28

----

@MOD: Questions - Does it still take 10 to lynch without Slats? Jif has 2 votes.

----

First off, I'm going to UNVOTE SMC for now...

Kinda surprised that we are just taking these reveals at face value. I thought the "deal" making was contrived, and the reveals reeked of BS personally. CTM just spent a ton of time trying to establish a premise that we should lynch armed players, and then boom... both him and SMC reveal "roleless." How convenient... I wonder... had they revealed that they have weapons, would there have been the same sense of urgency that CTM insisted upon to lynch them?

Personally, having seen CTM, SMC, Slats and JVOR all mix it up, I feel the episode yesterday might be our most informative game situation right now. Especially now, with Lily eliminating Slats who was casing SMC big time. Maybe we should lean on JVOR?

This brings me to Lily. Lily, I don't understand how you promoted your case on JVOR by telling us "its coming, its coming..." and then you post it, and then you kill Slats? Didn't get your thinking there, but I don't hate the case vs. JVOR right now. With all the attention that cluster**** garnered yesterday, somethings got to give. Can your judgment be that "off" twice?

Thank you, and you cna check my history, I'm horrible typer, speller and user of punctuation..

Re: lily, she could be a SK and trying to seem more innocent. By dpr's write up, she was shooting for a predator though. If she is a SK, let the predators worry about her imo

And your analysis is a bit of a misrepresentation. When I have more time I'll go back and copy and paste the exchange I'm referring to. I initially pointed out CTM's subtle train pushing without putting his name to it and Shutout picked up on that as well. S.O. actually quoted my post and called CTM out for one of his parlor tricks at the time. Since Shutout was getting into it with him and was the target of the NK, I didn't feel the need to repeat the questions. It was still early game and I wanted to see how CTM responded.

That was the worst point in the history of mafia. If you voted everyone who was interested or saw reason for someone elses suspicion without voting due to "subtly pushing a train", you'd vote 500 times a day

Lily no offense but if you're innocent that was about about as bad a shot as it gets. Slats was playing one of the cleanest games of anyone IMO.

Pac knew it all along! him so smart and innocent

Thank you, and you cna check my history, I'm horrible typer, speller and user of punctuation..

Re: lily, she could be a SK and trying to seem more innocent. By dpr's write up, she was shooting for a predator though. If she is a SK, let the predators worry about her imo

I'm wondering why you (and others) are assuming there's a SK or even a vig.

According to DPR, some soldiers have Predator weapons. Runin said (and his death scene proved it) that he had Predator weapons (Runin admitted to a mask but didn't mention his canon).

If soldier(s), yes, plural, have Predator weapons and can use them (Runin only said he didn't know how to use the mask), then that means multiple kill chances by soldiers. A SK does not fit within that paradigm.

If Lily is scummy, she's a Predator and not a SK because, essentially, every soldier with a Predator weapon is potentially a Vig/SK.

Archived