PREDATOR Mafia Game Thread

DPR

Thank you, and you cna check my history, I'm horrible typer, speller and user of punctuation..

Re: lily, she could be a SK and trying to seem more innocent. By dpr's write up, she was shooting for a predator though. If she is a SK, let the predators worry about her imo

So your saying you think by Slats last words being "not a sk" he meant as in Oh no Not a sk, as opposed to it actually being something other than a serial killer.

So if your saying she is a serial killer you think its better to let her just go one killing? Aren;t sk killers usually solo win? As opposed to a vig that is towned aligned?

Why would the predators care about killing her? Wouldn;t they allow her to keep on going killing whomever she pleases? Standard scum win when they outnumber us, a sk with a itchy trigger finger seems to favor them rather than us.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And your analysis is a bit of a misrepresentation. When I have more time I'll go back and copy and paste the exchange I'm referring to. I initially pointed out CTM's subtle train pushing without putting his name to it and Shutout picked up on that as well. S.O. actually quoted my post and called CTM out for one of his parlor tricks at the time. Since Shutout was getting into it with him and was the target of the NK, I didn't feel the need to repeat the questions. It was still early game and I wanted to see how CTM responded.

It's hard to pick up on the tone of the game or dynamics involved when you just read a persons posts without looking at the context in which they were said.

I'm wondering why you (and others) are assuming there's a SK or even a vig.

According to DPR, some soldiers have Predator weapons. Runin said (and his death scene proved it) that he had Predator weapons (Runin admitted to a mask but didn't mention his canon).

If soldier(s), yes, plural, have Predator weapons and can use them (Runin only said he didn't know how to use the mask), then that means multiple kill chances by soldiers. A SK does not fit within that paradigm.

If Lily is scummy, she's a Predator and not a SK because, essentially, every soldier with a Predator weapon is potentially a Vig/SK.

I don't know why you'd eliminate the idea of one of the soldiers being shell shocked/crazy/etc. and wanting to murder us and them.. It fits with the flavor

So your saying you think by Slats last words being "not a sk" he meant as in Oh no Not a sk, as opposed to it actually being something other than a serial killer.

So if your saying she is a serial killer you think its better to let her just go one killing? Aren;t sk killers usually solo win? As opposed to a vig that is towned aligned?

Why would the predators care about killing her? Wouldn;t they allow her to keep on going killing whomever she pleases? Standard scum win when they outnumber us, a sk with a itchy trigger finger seems to favor them rather than us.

I'm saying i don't know for sure, dan said she doesn't see an angle where lily could be lying, I think there is one.

And yeah, if she's a sk, let them kill her.

Sorry I don't post 400 times like Jif did (I think his was the highest whenever someone posted the post counts)

Jif you are a bit out there and one of those I have to make myself not immediately vote. I'm chalking it up to your playstyle since it was a bit crazy last game too and we wrongfully lynched you for it. I certainly know how it feels to get pressure on you that you can't quite figure out where they are coming from because you can't see what you are doing that's so damned suspicious. (It was you last game right? )

Our relationship is blossoming and its exciting!

Yes, I'm very confused why everyone thinks I've turned into this crazy, scummy player. Last game I had an agenda based on my role. I'm just being myself this game and I applogize for riding the Vic train, but I trusted his gut more than I trusted a long winded case from a monkey on a power role.

Current Vote Count:

SMC (4) - BG, Pac, Brett, Nae

JiF (1) - Hess, Crusher

Lily (3) - Barms, SMC, JVoR

CTM (2) - CTM, Dan

Pac (3) - AVM, JiF, Sharrow

JVoR (1) - Lily

With 18 players, it takes 10 to lynch.

DEADLINE 11:33:57

I'm saying i don't know for sure, dan said she doesn't see an angle where lily could be lying, I think there is one.

And yeah, if she's a sk, let them kill her.

Why would they kill her instead of one of us innocence? IMHFO she killed one of the at least marginal players. I could have put a scum vibe on quite a few before Slats. She kills to win not help the town. She is a bigger threat to the town than the predators. NO?

I don't know why you'd eliminate the idea of one of the soldiers being shell shocked/crazy/etc. and wanting to murder us and them.. It fits with the flavor

It doesn't, though, not with the way the game is set up.

With Lily manning up to killing Slats I believe she is simply one of the soldiers who had a Predator weapon. She wouldn't be a SK. She was in the same position as Runin and perhaps, as many have guessed, it was Runin who took a shot at Vicious with the canon.

I believe it. Plus, Lily had no reason to fess up if you think about it. Why would she?

Unvote: Lily

I'll look back and decide who I should vote next.

Spot on, Crusher. If she was a SK then she should be offed. Keeping her alive doesn't help the soldiers because she wouldn't give a crap who she killed. As you said, she'd have a solo win condition.

If anything, the Predators would want to keep her alive until at least one of them get off'd. She'd do their work for them.

CTM's reasoning doesn't make sense.

That said, I don't think she's a SK because I don't think the game setup would work with such a role considering the potential number of soldiers with Predator weapons.

Bingo.

Current Vote Count:

JiF (1) - Hess, Crusher

Lily (2) - Barms, JVoR

CTM (2) - CTM, Dan

JVoR (1) - Lily

DEADLINE 11:21:21

Why would they kill her instead of one of us innocence? IMHFO she killed one of the at least marginal players. I could have put a scum vibe on quite a few before Slats. She kills to win not help the town. She is a bigger threat to the town than the predators. NO?

I know EY's theory always was to take out the people capable of killing him at night first, others have said similar. As the heard of innocents thin the chances of sk on scum hostilities go up.

fwiw also, we've had a game or two where the SK did a nice job killing scum for us.

Regardless though my main point is that

1) it's clear she isn't a predator

2) She's very likely what she claims to be

3) Even if there's a chance her intentions we're malacious, an arguement can be made that scum willl take her out.

It all adds up to lynching someone else today to me, which should make jvor and his obsession with lily as an easy lynch stick out a bit more..

I know EY's theory always was to take out the people capable of killing him at night first, others have said similar. As the heard of innocents thin the chances of sk on scum hostilities go up.

fwiw also, we've had a game or two where the SK did a nice job killing scum for us.

3) Even if there's a chance her intentions we're malacious, an arguement can be made that scum willl take her out.

It all adds up to lynching someone else today to me, which should make jvor and his obsession with lily as an easy lynch stick out a bit more..

unvote vote jVOR

Spot on, Crusher. If she was a SK then she should be offed. Keeping her alive doesn't help the soldiers because she wouldn't give a crap who she killed. As you said, she'd have a solo win condition.

If anything, the Predators would want to keep her alive until at least one of them get off'd. She'd do their work for them.

That said, I don't think she's a SK because I don't think the game setup would work with such a role considering the potential number of soldiers with Predator weapons.

Don't call it a come back...rock on LL. Finally some sanity to this mess.

Even that cheeky bastard Sharrow is making some sense.

So when I saw Sharrow's post...I thought, man that would make sense. And then Lily pretty much confirmed him with her reveal.

It makes sense and triggered a couple of train of thoughts.

1) How did Sharrow know...not that he's not a sharp guy who couldnt put it together but the way he articulated that thought was even better than Lily's reveal.

2) The timing of the post relative to Lily's reveal is very interesting. Lily didnt need to reveal. She could have used that post in agreement without the reveal.

3) Who's been pushing Lily? Maybe people we need to look at.

It makes perfect sense, you just don't listen to anything beyond your own voice

unvote vote jVOR

+ 1

I28, Pac and JVOR are my favorites for scum...JVOR was pushing Lily hard. I like this move.

Unvote Pac

Vote JVOR

Current Vote Count:

JiF (1) - Hess, Crusher

Lily (2) - Barms, JVoR

CTM (1) - Dan

JVoR (2) - Lily, CTM

DEADLINE 11:07:49

While I agree JVoR's statement was worded harshly, this seems surprisingly defensive to me. I know firsthand how hard it is to keep up with the game, but I acknowledge there are a lot of people who contribute much more than people like you and I do. I'm not going to get offended when it's pointed out, and I don't really think it's valid for you to waste an entire post of this length arguing about it.

It's not about post number, either (and you have your own off-task posts mixed in). It's more about having the chance to see your interactions with and thoughts on a variety of people. Trying to claim you've contributed as much to the game as our more active players is a little silly, in my opinion. You've contributed to the discussion of the game format, weapons, etc. But in comparison to other people in the game, there's clearly much less to go on when trying to look at your suspicions.

Up until now, I did have a good feeling about you and liked reading your posts. :) Of the less active people, I was feeling the best about you. However, this latest bit with voting SMC for something CTM said (and exaggerating the extent of it, to boot) certainly doesn't help your case that you're supposedly reading everything carefully, hehe.

I didn't say I was contributing as much as. I was saying if you break down the more active people's posts to take out spammy bs posts active doesn't mean all 100 posts are worthwhile to the game. I was irritated that he said I haven't done ANYTHING all game... I have.. I nearly quoted several of my posts to make that point and I don't consider it defensive... more so irritated that he said I contributed jack.

With time dwindling down I feel like we're getting further from a decision and votes are getting more spread out. The last thing we need is another mad rush at the deadline. I have no problem switching my vote off of SMC at this point, but I'm trying to figure out what the most compelling case is and certainly don't want to waste my vote on just some random person with a deadline looming. Other than SMC, Pac and JVOR seem to be the other current persons of interest, so I'll have to look over the cases on them for sure.

Not sure how I feel about the whole Lilly thing. I'm currently inclined to believe her, which also kind of gives us less information to derive from slats' death, which sucks. But I feel like there's more potential issues there. We saw two non-Predator kill attempts in the last night phase after two failed predator kill attempts on day one. Now we've seen another non-predator kill today after a predator night miss and a few day misses. Does this mean we should expect to see more of these kills to account for every one of those misses? And are these players all required to use the kill? If so, everyone needs to be very careful about their choices, because so far we seem to be doing a better job of killing ourselves than they are.

Damn, I knew Nae would vote for me to feign activity. :D

Like Dan mentioned, that was CTM who had that slip up.

So nice bogus reason to vote for me.

Damn people with the initials... I always confuse you two...

Unvote SMC

Oh.. and you can KMA. ;)

JiF "Professional Scumhunter turned Lapdog to VicGod and Chan." Your crazy has taken a considerable nose-dive this game.

OMG...can we stop with the JiF is crazy talk. I acted out one time...one time!!! And now I'm crazy. My goodness.

How long have I been saying that I like I28, Pac and JVOR? They've done nothing to change my mind but this new information is damning for JVOR. So my vote switched to someone who I havent felt good about all game. CTM and I pretty much posted smiliar thoughts after that scene and he made the move to JVOR which I agreed with...hence my vote. I havent followed his lead on anything else this entire game.

So poop on you.

OMG...can we stop with the JiF is crazy talk. I acted out one time...one time!!! And now I'm crazy. My goodness.

How long have I been saying that I like I28, Pac and JVOR? They've done nothing to change my mind but this new information is damning for JVOR. So my vote switched to someone who I havent felt good about all game. CTM and I pretty much posted smiliar thoughts after that scene and he made the move to JVOR which I agreed with...hence my vote. I havent followed his lead on anything else this entire game.

So poop on you.

It's strange for me that my top 3 are nearly identical to yours. i28 has shot up recently as he's quieted down a lot after runin and jvor and pac have been in my top 3 for awhile..

----

@MOD: Questions - Does it still take 10 to lynch without Slats? Jif has 2 votes.

----

First off, I'm going to UNVOTE SMC for now...

Kinda surprised that we are just taking these reveals at face value. I thought the "deal" making was contrived, and the reveals reeked of BS personally. CTM just spent a ton of time trying to establish a premise that we should lynch armed players, and then boom... both him and SMC reveal "roleless." How convenient... I wonder... had they revealed that they have weapons, would there have been the same sense of urgency that CTM insisted upon to lynch them?

Personally, having seen CTM, SMC, Slats and JVOR all mix it up, I feel the episode yesterday might be our most informative game situation right now. Especially now, with Lily eliminating Slats who was casing SMC big time. Maybe we should lean on JVOR?

This brings me to Lily. Lily, I don't understand how you promoted your case on JVOR by telling us "its coming, its coming..." and then you post it, and then you kill Slats? Didn't get your thinking there, but I don't hate the case vs. JVOR right now. With all the attention that cluster**** garnered yesterday, somethings got to give. Can your judgment be that "off" twice?

Vote JVOR

I'll support this to see where it goes... the options are dwindling. I would also support a lynch of Adella.

I understand she has a limited window of time for posting, but is Adella even an asset to the town if she IS town at this point? She didn't vote on day one until well AFTER the hammer vote was cast... and she won't have anything to do with the vote on day two. That is one way to slip deep into the game.... if you ask me.

Here is what I don't get... we are 2,300+ posts into this game. More than enough has happened that would allow for her to take a position on something. I just did a quick re-read and the last significant posting she did was a lot of agreeing and theorizing with SMC about.... Vig's and SK's.

Basically she logged in last night (you can see her), Slats got killed, she told us she can't catch up on the game, and left without voting... and won't vote today either.

If we have a stalemate at the deadline... I am NOT opposed to lynching Adella for the same inactivity reasons that we lynched Smashmouth for. I'm not liking her under-the-radar play at all. This gives us a good option for a lynch from that "non-active" group we want to shake up and if she flips town, we wouldn't be losing an asset because she will now have missed both votes in this game.

I am leaving now, and will be back mid-late afternoon.

Or there IS a SK (Lily) and she used what happened with Runin and his weapon he STARTED with to twist around a convoluted story that she just randomly happened to pick up the spear aimed for Barm and randomly shot Slats because she was told she had to use it immediately. I still think there were tons of people more suspicious acting than Slats. Perhaps she's the one picking up all the weapons? Runin shot at Vic but missed. Whoever picked up that star slicey thinging finished him off. I doubt anyone else is gonna come forward and admit they killed Vic.

I still don't get why she killed Slats or why she admitted to doing it but it's a far cry from making her seem innocent. Now that I know I ****ed up on which initial boy did the possible slip I'm more inclined to go down this road. If she's town she has been the most predator loving townie I've ever seen.

It's strange for me that my top 3 are nearly identical to yours. i28 has shot up recently as he's quieted down a lot after runin and jvor and pac have been in my top 3 for awhile..

I've explained my "quietness" *******. I am in the middle of fielding 2 separate acquisition offers... **** you. I'm trying to stay with it.

So poop on you.

Ok. Small window for me but crazy one time you were town and didn't give a ****.

Vote JVOR

I'll support this to see where it goes... the options are dwindling. I would also support a lynch of Adella.

I understand she has a limited window of time for posting, but is Adella even an asset to the town if she IS town at this point? She didn't vote on day one until well AFTER the hammer vote was cast... and she won't have anything to do with the vote on day two. That is one way to slip deep into the game.... if you ask me.

Here is what I don't get... we are 2,300+ posts into this game. More than enough has happened that would allow for her to take a position on something. I just did a quick re-read and the last significant posting she did was a lot of agreeing and theorizing with SMC about.... Vig's and SK's.

Basically she logged in last night (you can see her), Slats got killed, she told us she can't catch up on the game, and left without voting... and won't vote today either.

If we have a stalemate at the deadline... I am NOT opposed to lynching Adella for the same inactivity reasons that we lynched Smashmouth for. I'm not liking her under-the-radar play at all. This gives us a good option for a lynch from that "non-active" group we want to shake up and if she flips town, we wouldn't be losing an asset because she will now have missed both votes in this game.

Nice theory monkey. We should lynch Adella b/c Smash worked out so well.

Vote JVOR

If we're stuck, I'm ok with lynching adelia if no other consensus emerges. it doesn't seem like anyone is roled up and if she has a weapon, we'll get to find out what happens when we lynch a weapon holder. (read: that means in the worst case scenario, she has a weapon, we still get information and probably reclaim the weapon anyway)

I'd much prefer to avoid that and pursue jyoy

Archived