PREDATOR Mafia Game Thread

DPR

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If we're stuck, I'm ok with lynching adelia if no other consensus emerges. it doesn't seem like anyone is roled up and if she has a weapon, we'll get to find out what happens when we lynch a weapon holder. (read: that means in the worst case scenario, she has a weapon, we still get information and probably reclaim the weapon anyway)

I'd much prefer to avoid that and pursue jyoy

Also, if we lynch adella and she has a weapon I doubt the Predators would get them because that wouldn't fit the scenes we've seen before and the instructions DPR has made.

What I want to know (and I couldn't tell from Slats' death scene) is: Did Lily get the spear back?

Quick thoughts from my phone:

suspicious: CTM, Pac, jif, bg

not enough info: Adella, nae

neutral: hess, brett, i28, avm

Leaning town: lily, shutout, barm, smc

Strong town read: Dan, sharrow

i think that is everyone

I was wondering what that sound was and now I know... it's the crack of the whip. :P

Current Vote Count:

SMC (3) - BG, Pac, Brett

JiF (1) - Hess, Crusher

Lily (1) - Barms

CTM (1) - Dan

Pac (3) - AVM, JiF, Sharrow

JVoR (3) - Lily, CTM, I28

NOT VOTING: BRETT, CRUSH, ADELLA, SHUTOUT, NAE

With 18 players, it takes 10 to lynch.

DEADLINE 10:28:32

Speaking of Adella, thank God Barm's in this game. Hi Barm!

Yes, but he's "leaning town" in this game because his 35 posts are alot more informative than my 40. *nods and grins* (Ya'll really need to figure out that I DO kid around once in awhile)

Yes, but he's "leaning town" in this game because his 30 posts are alot more informative than my 42. *nods and grins* (Ya'll really need to figure out that I DO kid around once in awhile)

Fixed.

I buy Lily's reveal...agreed bad shot on slats, but let's remember the well documented times she talks about how good a scum player but bad a town player she is. Anyways, gonna unvote Pac for now. Gotta question for my boy...

Quick thoughts from my phone:

suspicious: CTM, Pac, jif, bg

not enough info: Adella, nae

neutral: hess, brett, i28, avm

Leaning town: lily, shutout, barm, smc

Strong town read: Dan, sharrow

i think that is everyone

I touched on this earlier and let it go b/c you SEEMED genuine but I'd like to know the case you had up against Vic going into night 1. You said he and I seemed to be in agreement on things or something to that effect, but I find it hard to believe he and I were your favorite two for scum just because we agreed on a few things

Serious question real quick, someone brought it up last night. Anyone know if Brett's ok? I know he was starting his job/moving out of college right around the same time here, but while I disappeared for a day or so, I don't think I remember much from him then either.

It's strange for me that my top 3 are nearly identical to yours. i28 has shot up recently as he's quieted down a lot after runin and jvor and pac have been in my top 3 for awhile..

Let's be honest.. I'm in your whack top 3 because I've been coming hard at you and we have history in these games. You're trying to say I only come after you when I'm scum which is a bold faced lie. This little rivalry started in the Double Blind game where I went at you way harder than I am now. The difference is back then I had an investigation result saying you were gulity and right now I've just got a good feeling.

You've been claiming this obsession I have for you which I'll be happy to address in awhile when I have more time.

In the meantime I'm not dumb... I realize my style is prone to rub people the wrong way hence it's easy to vote for me. Thing is, 99% of the time I'm smiling while posting. Not really interested in laying back or hiding to avoid scrutiny.. not my style.

If that's the reason people want to vote me then so be it but that's also an easy lynch and one I'm sure the Predators will appreciate.

Serious question real quick, someone brought it up last night. Anyone know if Brett's ok? I know he was starting his job/moving out of college right around the same time here, but while I disappeared for a day or so, I don't think I remember much from him then either.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing about you. But I'm glad your back.

I buy Lily's reveal...agreed bad shot on slats, but let's remember the well documented times she talks about how good a scum player but bad a town player she is. Anyways, gonna unvote Pac for now. Gotta question for my boy...

I touched on this earlier and let it go b/c you SEEMED genuine but I'd like to know the case you had up against Vic going into night 1. You said he and I seemed to be in agreement on things or something to that effect, but I find it hard to believe he and I were your favorite two for scum just because we agreed on a few things

And you don't think at all that a really good scum play by her would be to act the confused ditzy townie who goes "oopsie" and all the boys say "aww, it's ok Lily.. we will totally ignore the shoddy playing because you'd NEVER do that as scum." Maybe I'm wrong but it would be a clever thing for the SK to do... to pretend it was a one time shot she had and be basically confirmed innocent in the eyes of the town because she didn't know what the vest did... I mean because she's the conversion checker... I'm sorry. Because it was just a one shot, do it quick or lose it, kill.:P

I realize this is casing a dead guy but AVM asked so here is a start as to why I thought the way I did.

What's the point of me defending two players, one who is usually public enemy #1 if they're my scum teammates?

When I've partnered with CTM I've ALWAYS cast suspicions from him and stayed away. JVoR is one of the best townies we got if he's town and I know when I'm scum he's one of my favorites to take out first.

It makes no sense to "defend" those two early on. It's a n00bish scum move to defend your scummates,

I was very worried that Vicious was trying to "buddy" up with me so that I don't look at him any closer. That was what ticked off my initial suspicion but it wasn't much.

Hmm, I see what you're saying and it's a smart play especially right now. My only beefs with it are I've more gone after JiF, not CTM. When I made my notice CTM has played like this a lot recently...I more meant he seems to be playing like that, well all the time recently. I don't agree that he's playing differently this game, but that doesn't clear him of suspicion any more than anyone else at this point. I decided against correcting anyone when I got the strong reactions I got. CTM is dangerous as scum as we all know, but a slight slip up as town makes him an easy target for the Predators in this game.

Anyways, moving on to game play. After JiF blowing up he calmed down pretty well, keeping a FOS there, but just the way everything has played out makes me look away from him, really.

As JVOR said earlier, I too feel there are a few I can feel good about, and a few that have given me a reason to watch closer. Among those is slats, honestly. Mostly joke posts, admitted his vote on JiF was a joke vote, and then a lot of deflection after that. Not a high volume of posts, so it's just striking me the wrong way. I'll put my vote there for now.

unvote

vote: slats

Unvote: AVM

Vote: Smashmouth

I buy your defense AVM.

But what I don't buy is the fact that Smashmouth has 2 posts in this **** show and ZERO about the possibility of set-ups. This guy spun and spun and spun possible set-ups last game. Now we have a DPR game that has been alluded to having a crazy set-up, and our most famous conspiracy theorist does not have a single post talking about it yet.

The vote on you, AVM, and then subsequent quick unvote to me smelled like a distancing tactic. A very effective one where you go after your own teammate and then switch off. It just seemed to me like he changed his mind on you a little fast.

Obviously I was wrong about that linkage between you two.

Vicious also after that was just gung ho on getting Smash. At this point I thought he was just going after the inactive and trying to go for the easy lynch. He didn't have another candidate past that point.

I read it. I don't buy it. I'll give everyone 10 minutes to decided whether they want to unvote or not.

Here Vicious makes a decision very decisively when at the time I was very unsure about whether to believe him. I thought at this point Vicious smelled a role and wanted it dead. That's why he was very much dismissive of Runin when it shouldn't have been clear to him.

I'm not arguing power role. I'm saying that if you don't have a weapon it doesn't make you not scum. That's all.

Seemed like he was hiding something to me since scum presumably doesn't know how roled up the town is.

I thought he checked in yesterday and said he'd be on more after tonite?

You bringing up the fos day 2 was a more town-like thing than a mafia thing. You actively approaching it made me feel better since scum really don't actively seek attention when it looks like the other guy might back off.

A few of your responses and going after Pac when he wasn't an active candidate made me also feel a little better about you. I told you, I was just so locked in that Vicious seemed scummy that the main fos i had on you was based on his quick unvote on you.

Drive by post during lunch... Will be active tonight

but vote smc

that bet was stupid... Telling smc let's look at his suspects first after the bet was made was bad... And now jumping around from adella to nae... Your all over the place trying to start a train..

Hmm no he said last night..

Current Vote Count:

SMC (3) - BG, Pac, Brett

JiF (1) - Hess

Lily (1) - Barms

CTM (1) - Dan

Pac (2) - JiF, Sharrow

NOT VOTING: BRETT, CRUSH, ADELLA, SHUTOUT, NAE, AVM

If a majority vote is not reached, 2 random lynches will be made.

DEADLINE 10:02:22

Also, if we lynch adella and she has a weapon I doubt the Predators would get them because that wouldn't fit the scenes we've seen before and the instructions DPR has made.

What I want to know (and I couldn't tell from Slats' death scene) is: Did Lily get the spear back?

I think that question is going to answer itself. DPR has been very distinctive about the differing weapons used. Lily stepping forward where we know she wasn't a predator shooting is a good thing. There was no counterclaims to being the spear thrower. She would have to be a 3rd party or townie with a weapon. It's a bigger threat to mafia than to town, honestly. Marking yourself as the spear chucker makes winning solo a bit hard. That's why I believe her claim.

I think whether she has said weapon or not should be hidden for now. Remember, no non weapon wielder has been killed by the predators yet. Let's not exactly wave the flag around as to who has what and when.

If we're stuck, I'm ok with lynching adelia if no other consensus emerges. it doesn't seem like anyone is roled up and if she has a weapon, we'll get to find out what happens when we lynch a weapon holder. (read: that means in the worst case scenario, she has a weapon, we still get information and probably reclaim the weapon anyway)

I'd much prefer to avoid that and pursue jyoy

On a side note, I really hope you're town. That way i know you cannot read me. :)

Thanks for putting that together, man -- heading out to get lunch then I'll brb to read over everything. And Nae yeah I remember that post now -- I guess it got lost amidst me trying to catch up yesterday :P

Oh btw @ mod, Brett does have that vote on SMC still, I believe.

BB in a little while.

Let's be honest.. I'm in your whack top 3 because I've been coming hard at you and we have history in these games.

Nope. Has nothing to do with it.

You're trying to say I only come after you when I'm scum which is a bold faced lie.

You're saying i said that is the lie, cause i didn't make a blanket statement. I said of late or lately, meannig in recent games. Thing game you were on me like stink and guilty, star wars innocent and left me be.. same with lost. There was a time context there that you are ignoring.

Also, i do believe it's a good place for you to vote when guilty, nobody would suspect you for it..

This little rivalry started in the Double Blind game where I went at you way harder than I am now. The difference is back then I had an investigation result saying you were gulity and right now I've just got a good feeling.

No, it started with the first ever mafia game at JI when you came at me right out of the gate on day 1.

You've been claiming this obsession I have for you which I'll be happy to address in awhile when I have more time.

Please don't

In the meantime I'm not dumb... I realize my style is prone to rub people the wrong way hence it's easy to vote for me. Thing is, 99% of the time I'm smiling while posting. Not really interested in laying back or hiding to avoid scrutiny.. not my style.

If that's the reason people want to vote me then so be it but that's also an easy lynch and one I'm sure the Predators will appreciate.

You are never an easy lynch. ever. How many times have you even been lynched outside of when it was obvious you were scum.

and you know as well as I do that neither of us takes this stuff very seriously, so I know the plea to emotions wasn't directed at me.

On a side note, I really hope you're town. That way i know you cannot read me. :)

I read you last game, so I wouldn't say can not. By know means do i think (or claim) to have your tell, so I certainly could be wrong

The crux of my case on you is going after the easy lynch in lily. It's one thing a more impulsive player to do it, but another when a careful, considerate player does so. Just like last game when I said scum would be all over the jif train, and it turned out that the vast majority of his train was scum (Crusher, slats, brett, lily, you) and some lunkheads (pac and smash)

I think that question is going to answer itself. DPR has been very distinctive about the differing weapons used. Lily stepping forward where we know she wasn't a predator shooting is a good thing. There was no counterclaims to being the spear thrower. She would have to be a 3rd party or townie with a weapon. It's a bigger threat to mafia than to town, honestly. Marking yourself as the spear chucker makes winning solo a bit hard. That's why I believe her claim.

I think whether she has said weapon or not should be hidden for now. Remember, no non weapon wielder has been killed by the predators yet. Let's not exactly wave the flag around as to who has what and when.

Yeah, I think if there is an SK, they would have a better weapon, one that they can use more than once. Personally, I'm wondering whether or not the person who threw the star at Vic should reveal too. Just something to think about.

Anyway, I feel ok about JVOR. I mean, no offense, but when was the last time Lily was right about scum here?

I'm not going to be here for the deadline, I'll go with either Pac or SMC before I leave, whichever has the most votes at the time.

Vote JVOR

I'll support this to see where it goes... the options are dwindling. I would also support a lynch of Adella.

I understand she has a limited window of time for posting, but is Adella even an asset to the town if she IS town at this point? She didn't vote on day one until well AFTER the hammer vote was cast... and she won't have anything to do with the vote on day two. That is one way to slip deep into the game.... if you ask me.

Here is what I don't get... we are 2,300+ posts into this game. More than enough has happened that would allow for her to take a position on something. I just did a quick re-read and the last significant posting she did was a lot of agreeing and theorizing with SMC about.... Vig's and SK's.

Basically she logged in last night (you can see her), Slats got killed, she told us she can't catch up on the game, and left without voting... and won't vote today either.

If we have a stalemate at the deadline... I am NOT opposed to lynching Adella for the same inactivity reasons that we lynched Smashmouth for. I'm not liking her under-the-radar play at all. This gives us a good option for a lynch from that "non-active" group we want to shake up and if she flips town, we wouldn't be losing an asset because she will now have missed both votes in this game.

I am leaving now, and will be back mid-late afternoon.

I don't think now is the time to lynch Adella. I will say, if we get nothing from her by the start of the next day phase, my vote is on her.

I was wondering what that sound was and now I know... it's the crack of the whip. :P

You got that right.

Yeah, I think if there is an SK, they would have a better weapon, one that they can use more than once. Personally, I'm wondering whether or not the person who threw the star at Vic should reveal too. Just something to think about.

What upside do you see with that?

Current Vote Count:

SMC (3) - BG, Pac, Brett

JiF (1) - Hess, Crusher

Lily (1) - Barms

CTM (1) - Dan

Pac (2) - JiF, Sharrow

NOT VOTING: BRETT, CRUSH, ADELLA, SHUTOUT, NAE, AVM

DEADLINE 10:02:22

2 things.. I think Sharrow is the only one currently voting me..

Was 2 random lynches a typo?

We need to agree on someone... anyone else notice this tidbit in DPR's posts???

In light of that and the fact that I'll be leaving for work fairly soon I looked at the vote count and JVOR and SMC each have three. Jvor will claim it's just an OMGUS but I don't like his trumping around that those who the predators attacked are "confirmed" innocent. (and that Lily is simply by stating she's who killed Slats) I've a strong dislike of that word... confirmed.... mostly because I've been screwed over by a "confirmed" finder who got recruitied to the scum and killed me after claiming his view on me was scum. I firmly believe there is no such thing as confirmed when it comes to mafia until the death scene is up. I'm also pretty sure Dan is strongly town to you because you value getting laid. :P

Vote: Jvor.

I read you last game, so I wouldn't say can not. By know means do i think (or claim) to have your tell, so I certainly could be wrong

The crux of my case on you is going after the easy lynch in lily. It's one thing a more impulsive player to do it, but another when a careful, considerate player does so. Just like last game when I said scum would be all over the jif train, and it turned out that the vast majority of his train was scum (Crusher, slats, brett, lily, you) and some lunkheads (pac and smash)

I disagree about Lily being the easy lynch. If you want to go there, day one you were more for the easier lynches than I was. Lily never has been the top candidate nor has she gotten even close to being lynched. I voiced that I was not comfortable going with either Smash or Runin since I didn't feel like either were particularly good lynches.

You mean as a person in general? I consider bad and erratic play as bad and erratic play. If you don't want to get lynched based off of it than fix the part of your game that is getting you lynched. Lily herself said she's just been having a difficult time coping with things irl and that's something I didn't take enough into account. I'm sure she's more put together in other games.

Please quote the post where I said that they were confirmed innocents? Thanks, Nae.

All i was saying is that since shutout and barm were shot at by predators i'd rather not go after them until we know more about how the predatory kill system is working.

Notice Shutout and barm are both in my leaning town and not confirmed town.

I realize this is casing a dead guy but AVM asked so here is a start as to why I thought the way I did.

I was very worried that Vicious was trying to "buddy" up with me so that I don't look at him any closer. That was what ticked off my initial suspicion but it wasn't much.

The vote on you, AVM, and then subsequent quick unvote to me smelled like a distancing tactic. A very effective one where you go after your own teammate and then switch off. It just seemed to me like he changed his mind on you a little fast.

Obviously I was wrong about that linkage between you two.

Vicious also after that was just gung ho on getting Smash. At this point I thought he was just going after the inactive and trying to go for the easy lynch. He didn't have another candidate past that point.

Here Vicious makes a decision very decisively when at the time I was very unsure about whether to believe him. I thought at this point Vicious smelled a role and wanted it dead. That's why he was very much dismissive of Runin when it shouldn't have been clear to him.

Seemed like he was hiding something to me since scum presumably doesn't know how roled up the town is.

I'm leaning towards believing you because I saw some similar things. Not so much any linkage to AVM, but Vic's focus on Smashmouth seemed really different from the way he typically moves his vote around and feels his way through Day 1. Vic seemed like he was trying to blend in and was being much more subtle than normal. I don't really get the AVM thing, though.

If no one else is going to vote CTM, I'll move my vote in a little bit. I would be willing to vote Pac, although I'm less sure on him, or Naeann if anyone else wants to go there. If we're getting down to the wire again I will put my vote on whoever has the most votes.

Bad idea imo. Either you believe Lily for now or you don't. I say we cross that bridge if/when we get there.

Archived