PSL Price Reductions

jaspegs

They got "beat" by there fans, plain and simple.

The Jets got "beat" by their fans?

LOL.

You do realize that the fans are paying more money for essentially the same seats as they had in years past and 2/3 of them are paying thousands of dollars extra to sit in those same seats in order for Woody Johnson to turn a profit on construction costs?

Yeah, the Jets sure got beat by their fans.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had an interesting thought about the Jets PSL debacle the other night in regards to "Same Old Jets".......Only the NYJ could have orchestrated the madness that has become PSL sales. This team, in effect, can't do anything correct......SAME OLD JETS. They got "beat" by there fans, plain and simple. Its like we pulled a fake-spike move on them. They tried to play hardball with us, we said no thank you,........and we won....therefore the prices get slashed in half for PSL's.

The Giants never had a problem with PSL's....sold them all! It just makes me laugh how the Jets, a multi-million dollar franchise, basically got beat by us the lil guy. SAME OLD JETS in a way no!!?? With teams and teams of lawyers, accountants, and salespeople, they still couldnt get the job done!1 I truly believe that any book about the Jets and their tortured history needs to include a chapter about this PSL fiasco. How the Jets were completely embarrassed by their fan base into admitting the COMPLETELY miscalculated the market for their product......Kinda like they completely misread Dan Marino signaling for a spike play on that could afternoon in 1994.......SAME OLD JETS!

I hate how some Jets fans think of themselves. I went to a few games last year and met some people on this site as well as alot of other Jet fans and I never got the impression of "lil guys/gals". I seen some real dedicated fans who are smart enough to know when they're being taken for a ride.

I couldnt read any further into your thread. I have never been a season ticket holder, but 1 game a year or 16, none of these people are the lil guys. This team functions because of us. THATS why those PSL prices were slashed, because we know how "important" our contribution whether 1 game, 16 or watching at home. And when we speak, that front office better listen.

That is what I am the most proud of villian (the fans). So many fans held out and the Jets had to respond. I love that it went down like that...

Could it be that a lot of us simply can't afford to pay $15,000 for anything? Least of all the right to pay $150 per ticket (another $2400) to go to a game that we could watch on TV?

Could it be that a lot of us simply can't afford to pay $15,000 for anything? Least of all the right to pay $150 per ticket (another $2400) to go to a game that we could watch on TV?

You can't say that man...if 124 was still posting on this site, he wouldn't characterize you as a true Jets fan.:rolleyes:

Can we get a ban on SOJ guys?

No, they have been with this team for a very long time. They will see the light eventually and celebrating the Super Bowl victory with them is going to be fun.

You can't say that man...if 124 was still posting on this site, he wouldn't characterize you as a true Jets fan.:rolleyes:

LOL

What? Only real Jets fans have $15000 lying around? Hell, I barely have $15 lying around :Ban:

I had an interesting thought about the Jets PSL debacle the other night in regards to "Same Old Jets".......Only the NYJ could have orchestrated the madness that has become PSL sales. This team, in effect, can't do anything correct......SAME OLD JETS. They got "beat" by there fans, plain and simple. Its like we pulled a fake-spike move on them. They tried to play hardball with us, we said no thank you,........and we won....therefore the prices get slashed in half for PSL's.

The Giants never had a problem with PSL's....sold them all! It just makes me laugh how the Jets, a multi-million dollar franchise, basically got beat by us the lil guy. SAME OLD JETS in a way no!!?? With teams and teams of lawyers, accountants, and salespeople, they still couldnt get the job done!1 I truly believe that any book about the Jets and their tortured history needs to include a chapter about this PSL fiasco. How the Jets were completely embarrassed by their fan base into admitting the COMPLETELY miscalculated the market for their product......Kinda like they completely misread Dan Marino signaling for a spike play on that could afternoon in 1994.......SAME OLD JETS!

Prices still have a ways to go. All Club Seats should be valued at about $2,500 so we are not even close to market yet.

Alll NFL execs know this and now, so do the fans, and corporations who buy them.

http://www.fannation.com/message_boards/show_topic/28523-personal-seat-licence-jets-psl

This post was from 2008 and it went viral. Jets execs tried to supress it but they could not. PSL are finished and frankly, they could end up being abandoned altogether if we just hold out to the end.

I don't anticipate another reduction for these kind of seats. The club stuff, who knows...

They are in free fall now.

http://www.fannation.com/message_boards/show_topic/28523-personal-seat-licence-jets-psl

Raiders abandoned PSLs midstream and the Jets may have to do the same for all Club Seats.

Prices will drop much much further. We are not close to the bottom if people wait.

When you factor in the prices of PSLs, the entire lower tier is available for less than what the Jets are offering after you factor in buying all preseason games.

Stay away from PSls. They are like land leases and all NFL execs know they will only decrease in value (at any face price) over time.

Raiders abandoned PSLs midstream and the Jets may have to do the same for all Club Seats.

Prices will drop much much further. We are not close to the bottom if people wait.

When you factor in the prices of PSLs, the entire lower tier is available for less than what the Jets are offering after you factor in buying all preseason games.

Stay away from PSls. They are like land leases and all NFL execs know they will only decrease in value (at any face price) over time.

Okay. I will wait it out.

I never get involved in these discussion being a remote fan, but it astonishing that I just purchased 2 season tickets for the Jags, pretty darn good seats for $800.

lol

And I dont even plan on going to many games because I watch Jets games on Sundays and I'm not a Jags fan. I'm just supporting them so the city doesnt lose the team.

My friend is a 5th grade teacher in a very low income area/school. He has some really sad stories about how little these kids have...so I told him to set up a contest in his class and the best students during the week/s that lead up to the next home game can have my tickets.

I never get involved in these discussion being a remote fan, but it astonishing that I just purchased 2 season tickets for the Jags, pretty darn good seats for $800.

lol

And I dont even plan on going to many games because I watch Jets games on Sundays and I'm not a Jags fan. I'm just supporting them so the city doesnt lose the team.

My friend is a 5th grade teacher in a very low income area/school. He has some really sad stories about how little these kids have...so I told him to set up a contest in his class and the best students during the week/s that lead up to the next home game can have my tickets.

Wow. Thats pretty cool of you.

lol

That is awesome, very nice of you to do.

That is what I am the most proud of villian (the fans). So many fans held out and the Jets had to respond. I love that it went down like that...

Yes but those who bought in day one and got aisle seats in row 1, are they really worse off?

The resale on their tickets is like 10x that of your row 30 seats in the middle of the row.

They had no problem selling prime seats at those prices... they miscalculated how much people will pay for seats not as good...

True. I still dont get why you have to pay for the opportunity to pay for a seat. lol. Thats just crazy to me.

People pay 10X face value for seats all day long on stub hub...

If you bought into the right seats you can sell for a profit... how is that a bad idea?

Ticket brokers were fighting to get their hands on prime seats...

Yes but those who bought in day one and got aisle seats in row 1, are they really worse off?

The resale on their tickets is like 10x that of your row 30 seats in the middle of the row.

They had no problem selling prime seats at those prices... they miscalculated how much people will pay for seats not as good...

Aisle seats in Row 1, you consider that a good thing? Put me in the middle of the row any day. Being serious, everyone goes for the aisle and that annoys the hell out of me sitting there. Nothing like having people walking in front of you all day long especially during big plays. Pee breaks.

Also I was reading the comments on the Jets facebook page. People are FURIOUS about the reduction. Specifically those who already paid and there section is sold out. While the section next to them is now 38 - 50% off. I don't have section #s to verify but there were a few comments like that.

And eccurb if everyone bought early, the reductions would not have happened. So I stand by my statement of being proud of those who were on the fence and held out.

We have been writing about this for years and were told in the early days, plenty of fans to replace you etc. The people have spoken!

Oakland is not comparable to NY/NJ/CT... it just isnt... the disposable income for this kind of thing is much larger here...

Go on stub hub and see what tickets are selling for this upcoming season... and even for events that PSL holders have pre-sale access to...

You can make a nice profit that can pay for the PSLs and then some...

You can make a nice profit that can pay for the PSLs and then some...

No you can't. And you won't.

Factor in the pre-season games and there is no profit to be made. That is just the silly in you speaking.

And eccurb if everyone bought early, the reductions would not have happened. So I stand by my statement of being proud of those who were on the fence and held out.

We have been writing about this for years and were told in the early days, plenty of fans to replace you etc. The people have spoken!

So by holding out you are now able to buy in at a lower price for a lesser seat... why is that shocking or good?

Those who held out are the real losers as their seats will never command the resale value of the great seats that went early for the same price.

Factor in the pre-season games and there is no profit to be made. That is just the silly in you speaking.

I am talking sold prices, not listed.

I sold my seats for the Giants pre-season game for $650 (pair) with parking.

They are $140/each seats touching the coaches club... I am making $50 on the redskins game (dammit skins) but overall I did well for pre-season games.

They are $140/each seats touching the coaches club... I am making $50 on the redskins game (dammit skins) but overall I did well for pre-season games.

Now if I held out any longer and wound up with seats in the same section but not touching the coaches club and buried in a back row I would never get that kind of money...

So who is the real loser in this? To me holding out is just not worth it anymore, I did for quite a while but once I did the math it just didn't make sense.

So by holding out you are now able to buy in at a lower price for a lesser seat... why is that shocking or good?

Those who held out are the real losers as their seats will never command the resale value of the great seats that went early for the same price.

Those that held out and didn't give the Jets any money are the real losers? LOL, that is golden. I swear the Jets should have hired you to hawk these things. I was on the fence but you are convincing me to just watch them on tv.

There are full seasons available in PSL sections that you can buy without paying the PSL (secondary market). Please tell me again why I should buy a PSL?

That is the FIRST ever game in a brand new stadium. Like my wife tells me often, staying power is really the key.

Good luck with that.

On stubhub right now the cheapest seat for the Texans game in October is $89. Yes this is an upper, non psl seat. But there will be plenty of seats to be had. If not, watching from home should be cool as well. With the savings and all...

On stubhub right now the cheapest seat for the Texans game in October is $89. Yes this is an upper, non psl seat. But there will be plenty of seats to be had. If not, watching from home should be cool as well. With the savings and all...

Yes that is fine, my point was the people who bought in early will have the seats that historically draw a profit.

Wow. Thats pretty cool of you.

That is awesome, very nice of you to do.

Thanks, but really its just because I rather do that than give them to people that can afford them, those people need to help the team by buying tickets. Its great for the city and it would be a shame to lose them.

I'll go to a game or 2 when the Jets play MNF or SNF and there's a home game...but other games, I'd figure I'd be nice for once in my life ;-).

Ahh the voice of reason speaks. Thanks Max. Most people don't realize that most lower tier seats are available for for either less than face value or for an amount that is slightly above face value, but ends up being much cheaper after you factor in any price for a PSL and the preseason games.

The worst part is, my ticket rep started calling me more than 1 year ago telling me only certain seats were still available when, in reality, many more (and better) seats were still unsold.

PSLs are the equivalent of land leases and all owners know they only decrease in value over time. They are a total waste of money for any fan or coporation that buys them at any price.

Cheaper seats will always be available on the secondary market.

If everyone continues to relax, just like the Raiders, the Jets will more than likely abandon them altogether.

Archived